ImageImageImageImage

Race for Ping Pong Balls

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,713

Re: Race for Ping Pong Balls 

Post#901 » by basketballRob » Mon May 3, 2021 7:52 pm

Looking at Cleveland's schedule, they probably don't win another game this season.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,815

Post#902 » by RookieStar » Mon May 3, 2021 8:36 pm

wow.. who is playing tonight for us then?
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,645

Post#903 » by thelead » Mon May 3, 2021 8:39 pm

basketballRob wrote:If the Bulls stay at 7 we have a 68% chance of the pick conveying this year.

Are you really all that excited about anyone outside of the consensus top 5? I can't say that I am.
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,159

Post#904 » by OrlChamps2030 » Mon May 3, 2021 8:45 pm

thelead wrote:
basketballRob wrote:If the Bulls stay at 7 we have a 68% chance of the pick conveying this year.

Are you really all that excited about anyone outside of the consensus top 5? I can't say that I am.

I definitely wouldn’t mind grabbing Moody with the Bulls pick

Edit: I also like Keon Johnson and Barnes too
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,273

Post#905 » by pepe1991 » Mon May 3, 2021 8:46 pm

thelead wrote:

I don't get why people are so obsessed with Bulls pick. Magic, if they fall at 5 have nobody to draft, let alone draft again with 7-10 pick. Like, you really think Kispert/ Wagner/ Mitchell will be your cornerstones? :noway:
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#906 » by pepe1991 » Mon May 3, 2021 8:59 pm

OrlChamps2030 wrote:
thelead wrote:

Moody is average athlete who happends to be streaky-average shooter who also happends to struggle when it comes to shot creation. His shooting motion is very slow.
He also struggled A LOT when it comes to finishing in traffic, mostly because he is, as i've said, not very explosive athlete.

To me, he looks like player that might be solid catch&shoot guy but nothing more. Probably like Buddy Hield but not as good shooter or Gery Harris type of guy. I just can't imagine him becomming advanced offenisve player. He simply didn't show it at college. Some of shots he was taking at college will simply be complete no-go in nba. For example that mid range that he likes to take after spinning around himself for no reason 2 times, in nba he will get benched for it or after year or two advanced analytics will rip his game apart.
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,372

Post#907 » by PrimeThyme » Mon May 3, 2021 9:06 pm

If I know anything after the last 10 years, I know that this night is going to end in a lot of disappointment.
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,159

Post#908 » by OrlChamps2030 » Mon May 3, 2021 9:07 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
OrlChamps2030 wrote:
thelead wrote:Are you really all that excited about anyone outside of the consensus top 5? I can't say that I am.

Moody is average athlete who happends to be streaky-average shooter who also happends to struggle when it comes to shot creation. His shooting motion is very slow.
He also struggled A LOT when it comes to finishing in traffic, mostly because he is, as i've said, not very explosive athlete.

To me, he looks like player that might be solid catch&shoot guy but nothing more. Probably like Buddy Hield but not as good shooter or Gery Harris type of guy. I just can't imagine him becomming advanced offenisve player. He simply didn't show it at college. Some of shots he was taking at college will simply be complete no-go in nba. For example that mid range that he likes to take after spinning around himself for no reason 2 times, in nba he will get benched for it or after year or two advanced analytics will rip his game apart.

I don’t love the guy, but all things considered (draft position versus expectations) I still find him interesting.

He’s definitely not an A+ shooter or A+ Finisher but neither skills are broken. I see something to work with in his shot creation ability

Buddy Hield isn’t a bad player IMO. It seems like maturity issues/playing for the kings kind of held him back.

What do you think about Moody’s insane FTR as a true freshman?
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#909 » by pepe1991 » Mon May 3, 2021 9:21 pm

OrlChamps2030 wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
OrlChamps2030 wrote:

I don’t love the guy, but all things considered (draft position versus expectations) I still find him interesting.

He’s definitely not an A+ shooter or A+ Finisher but neither skills are broken. I see something to work with in his shot creation ability

Buddy Hield isn’t a bad player IMO. It seems like maturity issues/playing for the kings kind of held him back.

What do you think about Moody’s insane FTR as a true freshman?

Hield was probably always much better shooter.

I don't know what to make of his FTA. College basketball is wild and not very disciplined. He seems to be good at fouls baiting especially at those finger-touch jumpshot "fouls". But it's hard to know how that translates in nba. Tyler Hansbrough is one of all time college leaders in FTA but in nba bigs didn't jump on his pumpfakes.

I really don't give a damn about Bulls pick, and if i could choose, i would rather have 9th pick in 2022 from Bulls ,than 6th pick in 2021. But it's just me.
But if we win tonight's must lose game, we might be looking at drafting 7th with own pick.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,645

Post#910 » by thelead » Mon May 3, 2021 9:23 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
thelead wrote:

I don't get why people are so obsessed with Bulls pick. Magic, if they fall at 5 have nobody to draft, let alone draft again with 7-10 pick. Like, you really think Kispert/ Wagner/ Mitchell will be your cornerstones? :noway:

Right. I'm pissed about dropping out of the 2 spot after the wins so there's no way I'm all that excited about the bulls pick either. If we don't get one of the top 4, I'll be depressed. I can at least get behind Kuminga though. Everyone else? Meh. I would take a flyer on Springer but I wouldn't expect him to be a star.
Gomagic44
Head Coach
And1: 2,187

Post#911 » by Gomagic44 » Tue May 4, 2021 4:36 am

I'm....excited for a new direction. Cole anthony showing promise resulting in a win doesn't upset me..dwayne bacon scoring 20+ resulting in a win upsets me.

Sent from my HD1900 using RealGM mobile app
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#912 » by RookieStar » Tue May 4, 2021 5:15 am

Alright fess up. Which of you poster is that guy in the GB talking about? The thread where a fan is asking RJ Hampton to please lose so we can get a top pick. lol
GelbeWand09
Rookie
And1: 1,414

Post#913 » by GelbeWand09 » Tue May 4, 2021 5:53 am

Just Magic things.
Team is on a 6 game losing streak, while sitting on the 2nd worst record & blown out almost every game, without the vets & a lot offensively challenged g-leaquers.
What does WeHam?

Bring Ennis back vs. Tanking Cavs. ---> Win with Ennis being +20, next best Magic player was +5 that night. 2 games later Ennis is gone again, FO knows they **** up.

What they do next. Sign Wagner & release Franks & Hall. 2 guys with no risk they will ever gonna get hot in a game & win it for us.
2 games in Wagner 24 Points & 4 3's. Our biggest weakness before that signing, no 3P shooting.

A few days later they sign Brazdeikis to replace Hall. ---> 14 points in the next tank battle while going team high +18

What do all the other teams over the last 15-20 games? Play no one over 22 & sit your best young players. Play no one who can defend a lick. Dont sign anyone to a 10 day contract, who's a threat to go off.

We just needed to sit those last 10 games out without being cute. Just keep that roster that lost 6 games in a row & maybe sign another offensively challenged scrub, but no. :lol:
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#914 » by pepe1991 » Tue May 4, 2021 6:02 am

I couldn't care less if they ended up being 2# or 4th worst record. Odds didn't change all that much. But with string of dumb decisions, goes without saying that ending up with 6th worst record is pretty damn terrible.
IF Bulls jump us, we could very easly end up having 7th pick and that's it for 2021 draft.
Message Boar
Veteran
And1: 1,688

Post#915 » by Message Boar » Tue May 4, 2021 6:27 am

Did the tankathon spin four times in a row and the Bulls moved up each time, while the best we got was fourth, once. Otherwise it was 6th or 7th. Then I couldn't take it anymore :vomit:

And yeah having the Bulls convey this year is a luxury, but I'd still like to have it sooner rather than later. If the Bulls improve and/or get healthier it'll probably be in a worse range next year. And what's wrong with having 2 exciting young players instead of one? Prospects surpass expectations all the time, and it's better to have 2 lottery tickets than one.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,908

Post#916 » by drsd » Tue May 4, 2021 7:02 am

The Wizards won and the Bulls lost. Chicago is nearly eliminated from the play-in. It seems quite certain the Bulls slot to the 7th worst team at season's end.

Message Boar wrote:Did the tankathon spin four times in a row and the Bulls moved up each time, while the best we got was fourth, once. Otherwise it was 6th or 7th. Then I couldn't take it anymore :vomit:

And yeah having the Bulls convey this year is a luxury, but I'd still like to have it sooner rather than later. If the Bulls improve and/or get healthier it'll probably be in a worse range next year. And what's wrong with having 2 exciting young players instead of one? Prospects surpass expectations all the time, and it's better to have 2 lottery tickets than one.

The seventh worst team has a 31.96% chance to get a top-4 draft pick. Their is a 34.11% for the 8th selection.

drsd
RealGM

Post#917 » by drsd » Tue May 4, 2021 7:04 am

My tankathon spin of the day: Orlando-4 / CHicago-8. I am ok with that outcome.
drsd
RealGM

Post#918 » by drsd » Tue May 4, 2021 7:08 am

Orlando is tied for the #4/#5 with OKC
Orlando is 1 1/2 games worse than #6 Cleveland
Orland is 1 game better than #3 Minnesota

Chicago is 4 1/2 games better than #6 Cleveland
Chicago is 1 game worst than #8 Toronto
Chicago is 4-games outside the play-in

The computers have Orlando finishing in a three-way tie for 4/5/6 and Chicago at 7.

ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,740

Post#919 » by ChosenSavior » Tue May 4, 2021 8:51 am

drsd wrote:My tankathon spin of the day: Orlando-4 / CHicago-8. I am ok with that outcome.

I just did a spin and got Orlando-1/Chicago-8 on the first try. Detroit, OKC, and Cleveland all fell down :lol:
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#920 » by RookieStar » Tue May 4, 2021 9:16 am

ChosenSavior wrote:
drsd wrote:My tankathon spin of the day: Orlando-4 / CHicago-8. I am ok with that outcome.

I just did a spin and got Orlando-1/Chicago-8 on the first try. Detroit, OKC, and Cleveland all fell down :lol:

same with me..

got

#1 magic
#8 bulls

if this is an example om how lotto goes... you really cant game the system.

Return to Orlando Magic