ImageImageImageImage

Race for Ping Pong Balls

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,574

Re: Race for Ping Pong Balls 

Post#921 » by basketballRob » Tue May 4, 2021 12:01 pm

We can still lose out and the 3rd worst odds. Cleveland has a really tough schedule, but they occasionally play well. OKC plays the Kings 3 times and they'll likely be without Fox and Haliburton. We play Minnesota still.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,124

Post#922 » by pepe1991 » Tue May 4, 2021 2:02 pm

basketballRob wrote:We can still lose out and the 3rd worst odds. Cleveland has a really tough schedule, but they occasionally play well. OKC plays the Kings 3 times and they'll likely be without Fox and Haliburton. We play Minnesota still.

Kings beat Lakers and Dallas in last 2 games, they play OKC 3 times, Memphis twice, Spurs and Indiana. They can very easly make playin tournament. They just need position themselfs to be within striking reach of Memphis- their last two games. No reasons to lose whatsoever
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#923 » by basketballRob » Tue May 4, 2021 2:05 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
basketballRob wrote:We can still lose out and the 3rd worst odds. Cleveland has a really tough schedule, but they occasionally play well. OKC plays the Kings 3 times and they'll likely be without Fox and Haliburton. We play Minnesota still.

Kings beat Lakers and Dallas in last 2 games, they play OKC 3 times, Memphis twice, Spurs and Indiana. They can very easly make playin tournament. They just need position themselfs to be within striking reach of Memphis- their last two games. No reasons to lose whatsoever
They are 4 games out of the play in spot and they probably just lost Haliburton for the season.

pepe1991
RealGM

Post#924 » by pepe1991 » Tue May 4, 2021 2:11 pm

basketballRob wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

They are 4 games out of the play in spot and they probably just lost Haliburton for the season.

Marvin Bagley, Buddy Hield, Harkless , Delon Wright and Holmes are probably more than enough to beat anything OKC can put on the floor. Especially because one team is close to playin tournament and other has no internall nor external motivation to win. Most of OKC players that are in active roster are actually under contracts next year.
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#925 » by basketballRob » Tue May 4, 2021 2:26 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

Marvin Bagley, Buddy Hield, Harkless , Delon Wright and Holmes are probably more than enough to beat anything OKC can put on the floor. Especially because one team is close to playin tournament and other has no internall nor external motivation to win. Most of OKC players that are in active roster are actually under contracts next year.
Well hopefully okc can pull out a win somehow. I could see the Kings giving some young guys a look and possibly resting some of the other players.

Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#926 » by Skin » Tue May 4, 2021 4:19 pm

So I guess picking 6th is the Magic's fate. Typical meaningless wins screwing us over once again. Nothing learned. Nothing changed.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,114

Post#927 » by Def Swami » Tue May 4, 2021 5:43 pm

Honestly, I'm more upset at Memphis. Memphis actually needed that game and they laid a huge egg. I hope they lose the play in games and are sitting at home.
Skin
RealGM

Post#928 » by Skin » Tue May 4, 2021 5:55 pm

Def Swami wrote:Honestly, I'm more upset at Memphis. Memphis actually needed that game and they laid a huge egg. I hope they lose the play in games and are sitting at home.

They lost to the Magic. That's pathetic. They deserve to miss the playoffs and I hope they do too.
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#929 » by basketballRob » Tue May 4, 2021 6:03 pm

Def Swami wrote:Honestly, I'm more upset at Memphis. Memphis actually needed that game and they laid a huge egg. I hope they lose the play in games and are sitting at home.
Morant choked that game. They had the ball in a tied game with like 39 seconds, instead of getting a 2 for 1, he slowed it down.

Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 23,905

Post#930 » by Knightro » Tue May 4, 2021 7:03 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

The Kings are 5 back of Memphis with 8 to play. They're 4 back of San Antonio.

It would take a monumental collapse by one of those two plus the Pelicans not playing well since they're also ahead of the Kings PLUS the Kings winning klike 7 of the last 8 or all 8 for Sacramento to get in.

Doesn't seem too likely.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#931 » by pepe1991 » Tue May 4, 2021 7:34 pm

Knightro wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
basketballRob wrote:

The Kings are 5 back of Memphis with 8 to play. They're 4 back of San Antonio.

It would take a monumental collapse by one of those two plus the Pelicans not playing well since they're also ahead of the Kings PLUS the Kings winning klike 7 of the last 8 or all 8 for Sacramento to get in.

Doesn't seem too likely.

Spurs rest of schedule
Utah
Sacramento
Portland
Bucks
Brooklyn Knicks

They are on 4 games losing streak, by the time they play Kings, they will be on 5 games losing streak, after that it's slippery slope where they are not favorites to win any of remaining games. And their bonus games are against Suns.

Kings have outside shot at playoffs but still have a chance, especially knowing that if they beat OKC tonight (and they should) they will be on nice streak winning 6 of last 9 games and 3 games away from playin tournament. For team that didn't make playoffs since 2005 it's a great opportunity
Btw Fox isn't hurt, he is in COVID protocol, but should be back within few days.
D J C
Pro Prospect
And1: 515

Post#932 » by D J C » Tue May 4, 2021 8:02 pm

There's really people that aren't excited for the Bulls pick? Literally every year dating back to 2003, nearly 20 years now, there's been an all star caliber player taken between picks 7 and 13. We'll have our choice of that range of prospects, and after seeing Chuma and Cole develop so quickly I'm liking our chances better at picking the right one.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,599

Post#933 » by RookieStar » Tue May 4, 2021 8:08 pm

D J C wrote:There's really people that aren't excited for the Bulls pick? Literally every year dating back to 2003, nearly 20 years now, there's been an all star caliber player taken between picks 7 and 13. We'll have our choice of that range of prospects, and after seeing Chuma and Cole develop so quickly I'm liking our chances better at picking the right one.

Not really excite but more of scared. With our recent run of bad lucks lately, we are more scared of CHI getting a top4 pick this year rather than excited they get to pick 5-10..
Message Boar
Starter
And1: 1,598

Post#934 » by Message Boar » Tue May 4, 2021 8:44 pm

I'm very excited about the bulls pick; just worried it won't convey this year and then next year all of a sudden they're way better

The depth in this draft feels pretty decent, too.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,114

Post#935 » by Def Swami » Tue May 4, 2021 9:04 pm

D J C wrote:There's really people that aren't excited for the Bulls pick? Literally every year dating back to 2003, nearly 20 years now, there's been an all star caliber player taken between picks 7 and 13. We'll have our choice of that range of prospects, and after seeing Chuma and Cole develop so quickly I'm liking our chances better at picking the right one.

I think of it like this as well. You're right. There's always a player drafted in the back of the lottery that is way better than everyone predicted. If the Magic miss on the top 4 and the Bulls pick conveys, they'll get two cracks at it. At some point the front office has to just make it happen. They did a good job accumulating trade assets at the deadline. Now they just have to execute and find the talent.
jvdas
Sophomore
And1: 88

Post#936 » by jvdas » Tue May 4, 2021 10:02 pm

The purest Magic thing to happen right now would be that the Bulls get a top 4 pick, while we're dropping to 8. At this point I'm more afraid of the lottery outcome than excited.

But if the luck is on our side for once, then for sure this is a sweet pick which I'm absolutely excited for.
Skin
RealGM

Post#937 » by Skin » Tue May 4, 2021 10:09 pm

I'm VERY EXCITED about the Bulls pick! We get to include that, plus 2 future 1sts to move up into the Top 5 this year!
mattyBoi
Lead Assistant
And1: 860

Post#938 » by mattyBoi » Wed May 5, 2021 2:40 am

6th slot during a lost season where we traded the team away and for a team that hasn't had a superstar player in 10 years. Sure luck can save us but this is brutal.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,854

Post#939 » by KillMonger » Wed May 5, 2021 3:41 am

jvdas wrote:

The purest Magic thing to happen right now would be that the Bulls get a top 4 pick, while we're dropping to 8. At this point I'm more afraid of the lottery outcome than excited.

But if the luck is on our side for once, then for sure this is a sweet pick which I'm absolutely excited for.

Trading out of the top 5? Which team would? The drop off after the top 5 is pretty significant.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
nicnac215
Sixth Man
And1: 536

Post#940 » by nicnac215 » Wed May 5, 2021 3:50 am

mattyBoi wrote:6th slot during a lost season where we traded the team away and for a team that hasn't had a superstar player in 10 years. Sure luck can save us but this is brutal.

We trade the 6th pick+Chi future 1st+Den future 1st+2021 1st top 4 protected for the guy we want.

Return to Orlando Magic