Image ImageImage Image

The Around The NBA Thread

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,504

Re: The Around The NBA Thread 

Post#241 » by Andi Obst » Mon May 3, 2021 2:34 pm

They'll probably get it together really soon, but you can tell that the very real possibility that they have to play the play-in is annoying the Lakers right now.

Davis calling it their toughest stretch in the last 2 years, LeBron suddenly being the #1 enemy of the play-in and Kuzma publicly calling for Gasol instead of Drummond in the rotation...all after last night's game.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
ImSlower
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,414

Post#242 » by ImSlower » Mon May 3, 2021 6:27 pm

And they just lost Schroder to protocols two weeks.

They looked unstoppable the first six weeks. Until LeBron is wearing a suit not a jersey to games, I'll never be convinced they'll be bounced early, though
chefo
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,386

Post#243 » by chefo » Tue May 4, 2021 2:42 am

:o Westbrook with 24 assists and 21 rebounds... in a single game. That's about the most ridiculous stat-line of the season.
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#244 » by johnnyvann840 » Tue May 4, 2021 3:21 am

What a joy watching D Rose just destroy Ja Morant and close out the Grizzlies. It was MVP Rose.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,704

Post#245 » by BullChit » Tue May 4, 2021 3:24 am

chefo wrote::o Westbrook with 24 assists and 21 rebounds... in a single game. That's about the most ridiculous stat-line of the season.

I wonder if there are still people on this forum who wouldn't take Westbrook on this team.
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
BullChit
Head Coach

Post#246 » by BullChit » Tue May 4, 2021 3:26 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:What a joy watching D Rose just destroy Ja Morant and close out the Grizzlies. It was MVP Rose.

A lot of talk about how great the Knicks are and a lot of conflicted Bulls fans feeling crappy about supporting New York in any way but honestly as a Rose Stan I am so happy to see how he is playing.

Also there is Zero % chance that D Rose goes anywhere in the offseason let alone back to Chicago.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,374

Post#247 » by DuckIII » Tue May 4, 2021 3:59 am

chefo wrote::o Westbrook with 24 assists and 21 rebounds... in a single game. That's about the most ridiculous stat-line of the season.

That combination is bonkers. I wonder how many times that has happened? Can’t be many. Wilt probably did it a few times.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
Am2626
Analyst
And1: 1,005

Post#248 » by Am2626 » Tue May 4, 2021 4:15 am

DuckIII wrote:

That combination is bonkers. I wonder how many times that has happened? Can’t be many. Wilt probably did it a few times.

As much hate that Westbrook gets what he is doing is just simply amazing. To be able to average a triple double consistently like this. We probably will never see this again. Most importantly the Wizards are winning.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,413

Post#249 » by Ice Man » Tue May 4, 2021 1:40 pm

1) Yes, I will take Russ.
2) But let's look at the other side of the coin. Simple on/off scores this season, which show how the team does when the player is on the floor vs. off it.

Conley +16.0 (OK, that's a fluke)
Curry +11.8
Simmons +7.4
Trae +8.1
Dame +5.1
Doncic +4.7
Kyrie +3.8
CP3 +2.4

Russ - 2.5

Russ has been playing very well recently, but there were good reasons why people criticized his game earlier this year. He has All Star stats but he is not an All Star. Still better than what we run out, though.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,374

Post#250 » by DuckIII » Tue May 4, 2021 1:45 pm

DuckIII wrote:

Saw the answer to my own question on ESPN this morning. There have only been three 20/20+ rebound/assist games in NBA history.

Russ has done it twice, Wilt did it once.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,871

Post#251 » by Wingy » Tue May 4, 2021 2:18 pm

I think Russ wins, but I dig Norman Powell’s 43 point, 0 assist game as well.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,622

Post#252 » by dougthonus » Tue May 4, 2021 2:47 pm

DuckIII wrote:
DuckIII wrote:

Saw the answer to my own question on ESPN this morning. There have only been three 20/20+ rebound/assist games in NBA history.

Russ has done it twice, Wilt did it once.

Russ is the poster child for "Just because you're unique, doesn't mean you're useful", obviously an exaggeration, Russ is useful, but the uniqueness of his statistical accomplishments is eyepopping relative to the impact of them.

Not that you were making this case, and this was a totally nuts achievement.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,187

Post#253 » by Dan Z » Tue May 4, 2021 7:40 pm

Ice Man wrote:1) Yes, I will take Russ.
2) But let's look at the other side of the coin. Simple on/off scores this season, which show how the team does when the player is on the floor vs. off it.

Conley +16.0 (OK, that's a fluke)
Curry +11.8
Simmons +7.4
Trae +8.1
Dame +5.1
Doncic +4.7
Kyrie +3.8
CP3 +2.4

Russ - 2.5

Russ has been playing very well recently, but there were good reasons why people criticized his game earlier this year. He has All Star stats but he is not an All Star. Still better than what we run out, though.

He was hurt to start the season.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,187

Post#254 » by Dan Z » Tue May 4, 2021 7:42 pm

BullChit wrote:

I wonder if there are still people on this forum who wouldn't take Westbrook on this team.

His contract would be tough to match in a trade, but I'd take him on this team. His energy/effort/leadership might rub off on the rest of the team. But I'm sure he'd have his moments where we'd all be frustrated with his play.
jordanwilliams6
Analyst
And1: 2,999

Post#255 » by jordanwilliams6 » Wed May 5, 2021 2:22 am

Kings win again, giving us a bit of breathing room in case we manage to win any of our remaining games. It's sad that a lot of the future of our franchise relies on a 31.9% chance of landing a top 4 pick.
BullChit
Head Coach

Post#256 » by BullChit » Wed May 5, 2021 2:26 am

At this point do the Pels consider resigning Lonzo?

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk
BullChit
Head Coach

Post#257 » by BullChit » Wed May 5, 2021 2:27 am

jordanwilliams6 wrote:Kings win again, giving us a bit of breathing room in case we manage to win any of our remaining games. It's sad that a lot of the future of our franchise relies on a 31.9% chance of landing a top 4 pick.
Not to mention the % chance that that top 4 players turns into something that can be the future of a franchise

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk
Am2626
Analyst

Post#258 » by Am2626 » Wed May 5, 2021 4:01 am

Little Nathan wrote:They'll probably get it together really soon, but you can tell that the very real possibility that they have to play the play-in is annoying the Lakers right now.

Davis calling it their toughest stretch in the last 2 years, LeBron suddenly being the #1 enemy of the play-in and Kuzma publicly calling for Gasol instead of Drummond in the rotation...all after last night's game.

I hope they don’t and they flame out. Would love to see them finish 7 and then lose 2 consecutive games and be out of the playoffs. Their reward then can be getting the 14th pick in the draft. Would love to see what tantrum LeBron will throw then.
Am2626
Analyst

Post#259 » by Am2626 » Wed May 5, 2021 4:03 am

Dan Z wrote:
BullChit wrote:

His contract would be tough to match in a trade, but I'd take him on this team. His energy/effort/leadership might rub off on the rest of the team. But I'm sure he'd have his moments where we'd all be frustrated with his play.

The guy I want is Conley Jr. He would be the ideal free agent for this team to get over the summer.
Cabbage bulls
Senior
And1: 594

Post#260 » by Cabbage bulls » Wed May 5, 2021 7:03 am

Westbrook's game will not age gracefully. He's gotten worse at shootimg as he has ages. Can't shoot FTs anymore. His game relies on pure energy, athleticism and effort. Much like Joakim, he will fall off a cliff as he loses athletecism.

Return to Chicago Bulls