ImageImageImage

John Collins sign in trade for Porzingis?

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

BlueSan
Sixth Man
And1: 828

John Collins sign in trade for Porzingis? 

Post#1 » by BlueSan » Sat May 1, 2021 11:10 pm

You guys think this could be an option?
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,979

Re: John Collins sign in trade for Porzingis? 

Post#2 » by Apz » Sat May 1, 2021 11:33 pm

Probably want more then ve is wirth
Absinthe
Pro Prospect
And1: 452

Post#3 » by Absinthe » Sun May 2, 2021 5:00 am

Atlanta is stupid enough to max Collins and will probably match any bid. I don’t think they’re interested in trading him. It seems they view him as future centerpiece even though there are some chemistry issues on that team.
BlueSan
Sixth Man
And1: 828

Post#4 » by BlueSan » Sun May 2, 2021 6:39 am

If he wants out there is nothing they can do, I mean sure they can sign and forecfully keep a player who doesnt want to be there. But if not this is an option, they sign and trade him for something so they at least get something back
Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 726

Post#5 » by Mike lorenzo » Sun May 2, 2021 2:03 pm

Hawks say no ... Surely they got better deals ... KP unfortunately is negative, at the moment ... and a questionable fit with Capella ..
1+1=11
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,813

Post#6 » by dirkforpres » Sun May 2, 2021 2:24 pm

It should be an option but it really just comes down to whether Atlanta would even want Porzingis at that point. Capela is their C and KP doesn’t want to play PF by all accounts so I’m not sure the trade makes sense
FIRE JASON KIDD
juanc
Pro Prospect
And1: 835

Post#7 » by juanc » Sun May 2, 2021 2:25 pm

First of all, John Collins is not a max player. Let the Hawks overpay and try to figure out that later.

Second, you don't improve your team by selling your assets low, and overpaying for players.

Why are you guys being so impatient? How many players are there in the league, that would make the Mavs instant contenders(If you would just add them to this team)? Maybe 5-10(Giannis, LeBron, KD, Steph, Kawhi. Maybe Joker, Embiid, Dame, Jimmy).
Let Luka and the others gain some expirience. 2 years from now the Mavs will have all the picks to trade, KP will either opt out, or if he opts in, he'll be a 36 mil. exp. contract. Dwight Powell will be off the books,... Oh and Luka will still only be 24...

And 2023 free agency looks deep. If youleave the top guys out(Like Beal, Embiid, Jokic,...), you have many good/great players like Brogdon, Capella, Turner, Bogdanović x2, Levert, Grant, Wood,...

Take the smart long route and don't rush things.
Darren
RealGM
And1: 823

Post#8 » by Darren » Sun May 2, 2021 4:09 pm

I think KP + filler for Capela + Bogdanovic + filler makes far more sense. Bogdanovic and Luka are good friend to start with. Capela adds in much needed athleticism upfront. A filler like Fernando could give the Mavs an option for small ball. Then, this team transforms into an uptempo run-n-gun team by the trade.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,794

Post#9 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun May 2, 2021 4:21 pm

Darren wrote:I think KP + filler for Capela + Bogdanovic + filler makes far more sense. Bogdanovic and Luka are good friend to start with. Capela adds in much needed athleticism upfront. A filler like Fernando could give the Mavs an option for small ball. Then, this team transforms into an uptempo run-n-gun team by the trade.

Where can i sign for this trade????? :nod: :nod: :nod:
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,336

Post#10 » by Mavrelous » Sun May 2, 2021 6:39 pm

I'm all for it, but need nude photos of Hawks GM bumping uglies where he shouldn't, otherwise he won't do it.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Golden Knight
Analyst
And1: 4,965

Post#11 » by Golden Knight » Mon May 3, 2021 3:04 am

Darren wrote:I think KP + filler for Capela + Bogdanovic + filler makes far more sense. Bogdanovic and Luka are good friend to start with. Capela adds in much needed athleticism upfront. A filler like Fernando could give the Mavs an option for small ball. Then, this team transforms into an uptempo run-n-gun team by the trade.

Yeah I'd rather have Capela.

I think the Hawks are not very likely to do any trades with the Mavs after the Luka/Trae swap...
fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Post#12 » by fuller4379 » Mon May 3, 2021 4:02 am

Just because Atlanta didn't give Collins a big contract last year doesn't mean they will not give him one this year. The Hawks had no incentive to max him out last year because his is a RFA this year.
guille_4
Sixth Man
And1: 845

Post#13 » by guille_4 » Mon May 3, 2021 7:53 am

I don't think there is any way ATL agrees to this, but DAL would love this.

ATL is finally working well together with Bogdanovic as a starter.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#14 » by HMFFL » Mon May 3, 2021 1:16 pm

Absinthe wrote:Atlanta is stupid enough to max Collins and will probably match any bid. I don’t think they’re interested in trading him. It seems they view him as future centerpiece even though there are some chemistry issues on that team.
What chemistry issues do you know about? Because the issue with the Hawks team was fired months ago. Coach Pierce has been gone because he was the problem. He should have never been a head coach at the NBA level with the mindset he has.

Also, a handful of teams will offer John Collins the max in free agency. Atlanta declined to do so with their intentional offer because they own his rights.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#15 » by HMFFL » Mon May 3, 2021 1:21 pm

Hawks wouldn't trade Bog or Capela straight up for KP. Muchless include both for him.

Bruno Fernando is about as bad as a big man can be. Atlanta gave him a guaranteed contract when they drafted him in the second round. He doesn't have one strong point that makes him a positive for any team.

arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#16 » by arkuo » Mon May 3, 2021 6:11 pm

ATL can match any max offer in the summer. And if it comes to that, I think they do honestly.

I rather let KP just run his contract out and get two max guys in. Cuban and Donnie clearly aren't in a rush to win now. It's just the fans who are impatient now. Clearly it's in rebuilding mode post-Dirk era. You have a lot of glaring problems that have been shoved under the rug when Dirk was running the show. These will come back to haunt Donnie and Cuban at some point.

In real estate they have this thing called escrow where buyers of a new house have a trial period to see if the house has any issues (i.e. plumbing, termites etc) These things have been overlooked when Dirk was in Dallas because everyone was focused on "The Glory of 2011" and now the farewell tour and that took the spotlight away from Donnie continually fumbling the ball every year in office. Now those same things popped up with the new guys ready to move in and for some reason it has become KP or Luka's fault. Donnie and Cuban has to clean the mess they've shoved under the rug every season they've peddled plan powder to the fans. Dirk took a pay cut for that. Kobe took the bag and he is just as honored as Dirk, league-wide. Cuban is just marketing it that taking a pay cut was the most loyal and honorable thing to do when in fact it wasn't even the point.
fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Post#17 » by fuller4379 » Mon May 3, 2021 7:52 pm

HMFFL wrote:
Absinthe wrote:Atlanta is stupid enough to max Collins and will probably match any bid. I don’t think they’re interested in trading him. It seems they view him as future centerpiece even though there are some chemistry issues on that team.
What chemistry issues do you know about? Because the issue with the Hawks team was fired months ago. Coach Pierce has been gone because he was the problem. He should have never been a head coach at the NBA level with the mindset he has.

Also, a handful of teams will offer John Collins the max in free agency. Atlanta declined to do so with their intentional offer because they own his rights.

Agreed. Atlanta had no reason to make a max level offer after last season. They did the smart thing since Collins wanted a max deal.
Heezzi
Pro Prospect
And1: 259

Post#18 » by Heezzi » Tue May 4, 2021 4:20 pm

It's a lateral move.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#19 » by HMFFL » Wed May 5, 2021 3:14 am

arkuo wrote:ATL can match any max offer in the summer. And if it comes to that, I think they do honestly.

I rather let KP just run his contract out and get two max guys in. Cuban and Donnie clearly aren't in a rush to win now. It's just the fans who are impatient now. Clearly it's in rebuilding mode post-Dirk era. You have a lot of glaring problems that have been shoved under the rug when Dirk was running the show. These will come back to haunt Donnie and Cuban at some point.

In real estate they have this thing called escrow where buyers of a new house have a trial period to see if the house has any issues (i.e. plumbing, termites etc) These things have been overlooked when Dirk was in Dallas because everyone was focused on "The Glory of 2011" and now the farewell tour and that took the spotlight away from Donnie continually fumbling the ball every year in office. Now those same things popped up with the new guys ready to move in and for some reason it has become KP or Luka's fault. Donnie and Cuban has to clean the mess they've shoved under the rug every season they've peddled plan powder to the fans. Dirk took a pay cut for that. Kobe took the bag and he is just as honored as Dirk, league-wide. Cuban is just marketing it that taking a pay cut was the most loyal and honorable thing to do when in fact it wasn't even the point.

I understand your side and realize it's correct in regards to the "escrow" reference, but I don't think it's in our best interest to keep KP for the duration of his contract. The player option is concerning as well.

2021-22: $31,650,600
2022-23: $33,833,400
2023-24: $36,016,200 {Player Option}

I believe Cuban and company must rebuild how our front office is viewed by the players union. Trading talent like Harrison Barnes and informing him that he's been traded during a game hasn't sat well with others. Draymond Green mentioned it this season when he was voicing his opinion about how Cleveland treated Drummond a month or two before the trade deadline.

We also haven't had any luck signing max caliber talent.

Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,336

Post#20 » by Mavrelous » Wed May 5, 2021 9:53 am

Yeah, Mavs have a franchise player, cap space, Owner willing to spend and good coach (Sorry dirkforpres, disagree with you brother :) ), but Cuban needs to understand he's too trigger happy with big contracts and Donnie is a bit challenged in aquiring talent, they needs a brilliant basketball mind to navigate the trade and FA with understanding the cap, it'll do wonders.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down

Return to Dallas Mavericks