ImageImageImageImage

Official Spec Thread: I guess now's the time to blow this dumpster fire up and bask in the glow!

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,499

Re: Official Spec Thread: I guess now's the time to blow this dumpster fire up and bask in the glow! 

Post#1201 » by thelead » Tue May 4, 2021 1:15 pm

cedric76 wrote:
shadrock wrote:This is seriously some 50IQ front office work... honestly kind of hope we suck forever and the franchise gets sold at this point. We deserve it. Let me move on from this embarrassment of a team. Move us to Seattle or Vegas for the love of god.

LOL, what else can they do?

They are playing G leaguer and guys they signed up few days ago

Players dont tank

What is so hard to understand?

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Instead of signing g leaguers that have something to prove, how about keeping the ones we know that suck (Jordan Bone, Gary Clark, Karim Mane) and play them for 35+ mpg. That is what OKC is doing.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Re: Official Spec Thread: I guess now's the time to blow this dumpster fire up and bask in the glow! 

Post#1202 » by MoMM » Tue May 4, 2021 2:12 pm

And what about the fact that we have won a lot of games since Cliff went down?
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,892

Post#1203 » by drsd » Tue May 4, 2021 2:31 pm

thelead wrote:Instead of signing g leaguers that have something to prove, how about keeping the ones we know that suck (Jordan Bone, Gary Clark, Karim Mane) and play them for 35+ mpg. That is what OKC is doing.

Because the Thunder will be horrible next year as well, and Orlandos management has visions of mediocrity for next year's squad (maybe an Orlando 35-47 record is their expectation).

In that, Orlando is auditioning players for their bench next year. And so far, Wagner looks good to get inked to ore than a pre-season deal.

GelbeWand09
Rookie
And1: 1,403

Post#1204 » by GelbeWand09 » Tue May 4, 2021 2:39 pm

drsd wrote:
thelead wrote:Instead of signing g leaguers that have something to prove, how about keeping the ones we know that suck (Jordan Bone, Gary Clark, Karim Mane) and play them for 35+ mpg. That is what OKC is doing.

Because the Thunder will be horrible next year as well, and Orlandos management has visions of mediocrity for next year's squad (maybe an Orlando 35-47 record is their expectation).

In that, Orlando is auditioning players for their bench next year. And so far, Wagner looks good to get inked to ore than a pre-season deal.

Missing out on Cade & co to audition bench players 10-15th, with the vision of being mediocrity next year aka again not drafting a star.

Sounds like a WeHam plan :lol:
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,128

Post#1205 » by rcklsscognition » Tue May 4, 2021 2:50 pm

Nothing makes me saltier than players bragging about winning these last games. I'm livid.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,224

Post#1206 » by pepe1991 » Tue May 4, 2021 2:57 pm

drsd wrote:

So we pretend we have more than 1 nba level starter on playoff team?
It's Isaac and bunch of bench players on playoff teams.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,333

Post#1207 » by PrimeThyme » Tue May 4, 2021 3:16 pm

People in our fanbase sending rage tweets to 20-year-olds and blaming them for playing hard and trying to win games shows a level of ignorance I wasn't expecting. Flat out embarrassing.
Bergmaniac
Head Coach
And1: 9,510

Post#1208 » by Bergmaniac » Tue May 4, 2021 3:37 pm

drsd wrote:

The Thunder will probably be better than us next year. They have SGA and Dort, Pokusevski is developing nicely, they will have a high lottery pick too, and I don't think they can afford to tank for another year, they are the smallest market.

They are 16-19 this season in the games SGA has played.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,499

Post#1209 » by thelead » Tue May 4, 2021 3:39 pm

PrimeThyme wrote:People in our fanbase sending rage tweets to 20-year-olds and blaming them for playing hard and trying to win games shows a level of ignorance I wasn't expecting. Flat out embarrassing.

That is pretty unbelievable. I'm absolutely livid at the FO but how can anyone be mad at the players?
GelbeWand09
Rookie

Post#1210 » by GelbeWand09 » Tue May 4, 2021 3:39 pm

Bergmaniac wrote:
drsd wrote:

The Thunder will probably be better than us next year. They have SGA and Dort, Pokusevski is developing nicely, they will have a high lottery pick too, and I don't think they can afford to tank for another year, they are the smallest market.

They are 16-19 this season in the games SGA has played.

Yea SGA is one of the biggest positive impact players in the leaque. SGA alone is enough to finish around 50% in the hard western conference. He's a player we hope to get in the top 4.
GelbeWand09
Rookie

Post#1211 » by GelbeWand09 » Tue May 4, 2021 3:39 pm

PrimeThyme wrote:People in our fanbase sending rage tweets to 20-year-olds and blaming them for playing hard and trying to win games shows a level of ignorance I wasn't expecting. Flat out embarrassing.

I try to avoid social media in general. I hope its not too bad. Despite my rants about our last games, i still enjoyed watching the young guys have good games. My critic goes only at WeHam.
Bergmaniac
Head Coach
And1: 9,510

Post#1212 » by Bergmaniac » Tue May 4, 2021 3:47 pm

thelead wrote:

That is pretty unbelievable. I'm absolutely livid at the FO but how can anyone be mad at the players?

It's Twitter, there are always a few complete jerks who say the most vile stuff possible.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#1213 » by Skin » Tue May 4, 2021 4:28 pm

rcklsscognition wrote:Nothing makes me saltier than players bragging about winning these last games. I'm livid.

It's the most irritating thing in the world.

Cole "THIS IS MY CITY!" Anthony acting like the Magic won the championship was pure gold :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
D12VCMagic
Sixth Man
And1: 441

Post#1214 » by D12VCMagic » Tue May 4, 2021 5:37 pm

Skin wrote:
rcklsscognition wrote:Nothing makes me saltier than players bragging about winning these last games. I'm livid.

Cole "THIS IS MY CITY!" Anthony acting like the Magic won the championship was pure gold :lol: :lol: :lol:

This, Iike Cole and his swagger is fun but it kind of reminds me of that Jimmy Kimmel interview with Kobe after he retired where he showed Kobe a video of some young Laker players going off celebrating a win when the team sucked and Kobe had the biggest look of disgust on his face. I get being hype on the game winner but Cole is likely going to end up humbled here sooner or later.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#1215 » by Skin » Tue May 4, 2021 5:53 pm

D12VCMagic wrote:
Skin wrote:

This, Iike Cole and his swagger is fun but it kind of reminds me of that Jimmy Kimmel interview with Kobe after he retired where he showed Kobe a video of some young Laker players going off celebrating a win when the team sucked and Kobe had the biggest look of disgust on his face. I get being hype on the game winner but Cole is likely going to end up humbled here sooner or later.

His head is way too big. He'll just think "next time". It's why he's a chucker.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
nicnac215
Sixth Man
And1: 536

Post#1216 » by nicnac215 » Tue May 4, 2021 6:04 pm

All of this hate for wins and I understand it, but we have a a few young legit NBA talented players in Cole, JI, Chuma, Fultz. We also have some players with the potential to be really special in RJ, WCJ, and Bamba. We have two picks this draft and unless we get the #1 pick I think we end up selecting one player in the first round and trade the other pick if it conveys. The future is much brighter now that it was a year ago in my opinion. No more buddy ball and it is a pleasure to see AG elsewhere only scoring 10ppg acting like he deserves a max contract.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,153

Post#1217 » by Knightro » Tue May 4, 2021 6:04 pm

These young kids have experienced a lot of losing this year and it makes you mad that these guys who are all working hard might be excited that they've won some games recently?

C'mon now.
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,273

Post#1218 » by JBSouthpaw » Tue May 4, 2021 6:05 pm

Last 10 games, Cole is averaging 16+ PPG, 5 reb, 5 assists. shooting 42% from 3.
at 20 years old.
some of you guys are just warped right now.
Anti Chalmers
Analyst
And1: 2,858

Post#1219 » by Anti Chalmers » Tue May 4, 2021 6:20 pm

I’m just hoping for top 5. Top 3 is too much to ask from this team.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,090

Post#1220 » by yoyojw17 » Tue May 4, 2021 6:56 pm

It's hard to digest it....but I'd rather find out we have a diamond in the rough and get a slightly worst chance at a pick that still isn't a 100% guarantee.... Than to think they are trash going into the summer and thinking we are deficient all over. Ideally... We find out we have great players but still lose by a hair. Lol

Return to Orlando Magic