Will Randle get any support on here for MVP?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Galloisdaman
Analyst
And1: 2,167

Will Randle get any support on here for MVP? 

Post#1 » by Galloisdaman » Tue May 4, 2021 6:51 pm

I know he will not win but this guy is literally carrying the Knicks on his back. I would vote for him before Lebron, KD, Harden, and KL. Could Randle be top 5? Or will he be overlooked for bigger names?
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,088

Re: Will Randle get any support on here for MVP? 

Post#2 » by Lockdown504090 » Tue May 4, 2021 6:53 pm

no.
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#3 » by Galloisdaman » Tue May 4, 2021 6:55 pm

Lockdown504090 wrote:no.

The Knicks are a 4th seed. He has very little in supporting cast. Toronto arguably has better players on paper but Randle is doing everything possible.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
bronxknicksfan1
Starter
And1: 1,319

Post#4 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Tue May 4, 2021 6:56 pm

He’ll be in the top 10 in voting for sure. Doubt he ends up the top 5. Regardless, he’s been tremendous this season.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#5 » by LightTheBeam » Tue May 4, 2021 6:57 pm

What a turn around. This guy is awesome. Don't give up on bigs!
dhsilv2
RealGM
And1: 22,521

Post#6 » by dhsilv2 » Tue May 4, 2021 6:58 pm

Just no. He's got a shot at 3rd team all nba. I'm sure some new york media guy will put him on his MVP ballot, but he's not deserving of it. The sad part is Gobert likely doesn't get much love when he very much should be getting top 5 talk.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 37,195

Post#7 » by Tor_Raps » Tue May 4, 2021 6:59 pm

Galloisdaman wrote:

The Knicks are a 4th seed. He has very little in supporting cast. Toronto arguably has better players on paper but Randle is doing everything possible.

There is a massive gap between the 4th seed and the top 3 in the East. While he should finish in the top 10, he is not a serious contender because his team is not a serious contender.

He is also not putting up historic numbers like say Westbrook did when he won his MVP. Randle will have a good chance at 3rd All NBA which would be awesome though.
deneem4
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,255

Post#8 » by deneem4 » Tue May 4, 2021 7:02 pm

Jokic
Paul
Randle
Gobert
Embiid
Pay your beals....or its lights out!!!
Bron, Bosh, Wade is like Mike, Hakeem, barkley...3 top 5 picks from same draft
mike, hakeem and Barkley on the same team!!!!
Dick Tate
Starter
And1: 1,871

Post#9 » by Dick Tate » Tue May 4, 2021 7:03 pm

Galloisdaman wrote:The Knicks are a 4th seed.

There's your disqualifier.
Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,088

Post#10 » by Lockdown504090 » Tue May 4, 2021 7:03 pm

Galloisdaman wrote:

you know what, i just said that without thinking hard, Ill actually rank him.

If a voter were to exclude
lebron harden joel and lebron and kawhi as part time employees, that leaves us with steph jokic luka Antetokounmpo ahead and give him a vote over luka even because he is even defending reasonably well. That would leave him at fourth. That wouldnt be my logic, but i get it.

https://ak-static.cms.nba.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/46/2018/06/2017-18-Kia-NBA-Most-Valuable-Player-Voter-Selections.pdf

this is the list of people who voted 3 years ago. I could definitely see some of those people giving randle votes, especially former players who can appreciate how hard hes working.

Sidenote, there is a random tencent employee who has a vote??? You guys really werent kidding with this nba china thing.

Randle will definitely recieve more than 10 points for mvp
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#11 » by Galloisdaman » Tue May 4, 2021 7:07 pm

Lockdown504090 wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:

you know what, i just said that without thinking hard, Ill actually rank him.

If a voter were to exclude
lebron harden joel and lebron and kawhi as part time employees, that leaves us with steph jokic luka Antetokounmpo ahead and give him a vote over luka even because he is even defending reasonably well. That would leave him at fourth. That wouldnt be my logic, but i get it.

https://ak-static.cms.nba.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/46/2018/06/2017-18-Kia-NBA-Most-Valuable-Player-Voter-Selections.pdf

this is the list of people who voted 3 years ago. I could definitely see some of those people giving randle votes, especially former players who can appreciate how hard hes working.

Sidenote, there is a random tencent employee who has a vote??? You guys really werent kidding with this nba china thing.

Randle will definitely recieve more than 10 points for mvp

That is totally fair. Thank you!
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#12 » by Galloisdaman » Tue May 4, 2021 7:07 pm

Dick Tate wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:The Knicks are a 4th seed.

There's your disqualifier.

It should not be. Where would that team be without Randle? Where were they picked to finish before the season?
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#13 » by Galloisdaman » Tue May 4, 2021 7:08 pm

deneem4 wrote:Jokic
Paul
Randle
Gobert
Embiid

3rd would be a huge compliment. I'm happy for Randle. He really works hard.
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#14 » by Galloisdaman » Tue May 4, 2021 7:10 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:

There is a massive gap between the 4th seed and the top 3 in the East. While he should finish in the top 10, he is not a serious contender because his team is not a serious contender.

He is also not putting up historic numbers like say Westbrook did when he won his MVP and was clearly being on a team with 0 chance of real contention. Randle will have a good chance at 3rd All NBA which would be awesome though.

I'm not saying Randle should win. I'm saying he should be in the heart of the voting. The MVP to me is the guy your team could not win without. Randle will not put up the best numbers but he is literally carrying the Knicks to the playoffs. They were expected to be a lottery team.
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#15 » by Galloisdaman » Tue May 4, 2021 7:14 pm

dhsilv2 wrote:Just no. He's got a shot at 3rd team all nba. I'm sure some new york media guy will put him on his MVP ballot, but he's not deserving of it. The sad part is Gobert likely doesn't get much love when he very much should be getting top 5 talk.

Where would you have the Knicks this season without Randle? A shot at the NBA 3rd team would be nice. Maybe even higher. It's not about who is the best. It is who is most valuable to their team. Randle does not have a big 3. He doesn't have a big 2.
BugginOut
Head Coach
And1: 7,829

Post#16 » by BugginOut » Tue May 4, 2021 7:22 pm

He’s top 5 and he will be second All-NBA at MINIMUM. Probably deserves 1st team, only Giannis is having a better year at forward

I’m tired of acting like he’s not been a top player this year. If Lebron was putting up 25/10/6 leading the league in minutes you’d be giving him the MVP
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,926

Post#17 » by cgf » Tue May 4, 2021 7:26 pm

dhsilv2 wrote:Just no. He's got a shot at 3rd team all nba. I'm sure some new york media guy will put him on his MVP ballot, but he's not deserving of it. The sad part is Gobert likely doesn't get much love when he very much should be getting top 5 talk.

"A shot at 3rd team all NBA"...you're not trying to imply that he might fail make an all-NBA team, are you?
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
The High Cyde
Head Coach
And1: 12,331

Post#18 » by The High Cyde » Tue May 4, 2021 7:26 pm

Love seeing players break out, one of the best things to happen to the sport.

He deserves credit for working his ass off and embracing being a leader. Being in NY, lifting them to relevance, and becoming a legit star, I can see the media giving him love on the ballot.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,239

Post#19 » by Dan Z » Tue May 4, 2021 7:30 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if he got votes, but he shouldn't win over players like Jokic or Embiid.

Many of the usual MVP candidates this year have had stretches where they were injured so I wouldn't pick them for the award (Lebron, Harden and KD).

Maybe Chris Paul has a chance at it? He helped turn Phoenix around. I'm probably missing other players too.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,239

Post#20 » by Dan Z » Tue May 4, 2021 7:32 pm

BugginOut wrote:He’s top 5 and he will be second All-NBA at MINIMUM. Probably deserves 1st team, only Giannis is having a better year at forward

I’m tired of acting like he’s not been a top player this year. If Lebron was putting up 25/10/6 leading the league in minutes you’d be giving him the MVP

Earlier in the season I kept thinking he was just on a hot streak, but he kept up that pace. It's impressive.

What a difference a year makes.

Return to The General Board