Make Your Best Offer: Steven Adams

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

vxmike
Head Coach
And1: 3,987

Re: Make Your Best Offer: Steven Adams 

Post#21 » by vxmike » Tue May 4, 2021 7:04 am

zimpy27 wrote:Adams would be ideal on GSW, they'd love his screening.

GSW give Wiggins+Wiseman and get Adams+Bledsoe+NAW

NOP give Adams+Bledsoe+NAW and get Wiggins+Wiseman

Agree Adams on GSW is perfect. Does Wiseman have this little value already? I get you’re dumping Wiggins but both Adams and Bledsoe are seen as negative value contracts. Wiggins deal only has two years left.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,496

Post#22 » by zimpy27 » Tue May 4, 2021 8:24 am

vxmike wrote:

Agree Adams on GSW is perfect. Does Wiseman have this little value already? I get you’re dumping Wiggins but both Adams and Bledsoe are seen as negative value contracts. Wiggins deal only has two years left.

I think consensus is that Wiggins needs Wiseman to be moved as neutral or slightly positive value for salary. Adams on 17m is neutral, Bledsoe is negative (but not owed that much considering last year is non guaranteed), NAW is a positive.

I personally agree with you though Wiggins has more value to me than consensus opinion.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#23 » by Pinkyring » Tue May 4, 2021 9:28 am

Adams for dwight powell after we use our cap space
FutureKnicksGM
Head Coach
And1: 1,505

Post#24 » by FutureKnicksGM » Tue May 4, 2021 9:52 am

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:Zero reason for the Pels to pay to move Adams, so you can probably just keep those offers to yourself.

OKC will take him for free, so you at least need to beat that offer.

Adams & Bledsoe

for

Horford

NOP save a little cap and get a look at a stretch 5 next to Zion. OKC get Adams back for taking on Bledsoe.
JediMasterRevan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,047

Post#25 » by JediMasterRevan » Tue May 4, 2021 1:44 pm

Walker, Fournier Resigned 15 mill per, Thompson
for
Ball resigned 18 mill per, Bledsoe and Adams

Kemba/Fournier/Ingram/Zion/Thompson
Lewis/NAW/Hart/Gabriel/Hayes

Ball/Smart/Brown/Tatum/RobWilliams
Pritchard/Bledsoe/Nesmith/Parker/Adams
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,027

Post#26 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue May 4, 2021 2:14 pm

Honestly, I think Adams/Bledsoe are going to be used as salary filler, and the receiving team will accept them as such with very little added cost for them being the filler. They’ll be the salary matching in any deal with 1sts and/or Hayes/NAW going out for good value. It’s not worth paying to “dump” them, as a trading team will take them because they want the picks.
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#27 » by Warriors Analyst » Tue May 4, 2021 4:20 pm

Wolveswin wrote:Adams + Bledsoe for Wiggins + Looney

Warriors bring back Oubre and keep their draft picks.

Adams
Green
Oubre
Thompson
Curry
Bledsoe (6th)
Plus Wiseman, 2021 1st, and maybe 2021 Wolves 1st. One of those draft picks, if not both, wing depth.

That's a downgrade at the C position to take on long term money for someone who won't close games and we have to take on Bledsoe? Gross.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,805

Post#28 » by BlazersBroncos » Tue May 4, 2021 4:22 pm

Adams + Bledsoe + Pick for Horford has been a deal that makes sense for a while now.
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant

Post#29 » by Warriors Analyst » Tue May 4, 2021 4:23 pm

vxmike wrote:

Opinions vary, but you'll see some Warriors fans, myself included who will accept lower value than you'd imagine for Wiseman. Why? Well, I think that his value is only going to get lower after he misses summer league, spends most of the summer rehabbing, and perhaps misses training camp. He's unlikely to make a big jump next season AND he'll be closer to his rookie extension (Jarrett Allen, who was a much better player out of the gate than Wiseman, got traded for two second round picks in the final season of his rookie contract). So my logic is trade him now, even if the value might be lower than you'd like, because it's only going to get harder to trade him and the offers will get worse.
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,895

Post#30 » by K_chile22 » Tue May 4, 2021 5:14 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:Adams + Bledsoe + Pick for Horford has been a deal that makes sense for a while now.
I don't really see why NOP would need to add a pick unless you mean a second round pick
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,380

Post#31 » by jayjaysee » Tue May 4, 2021 6:23 pm

TLDR; don’t see NOP trading Adams since they need him and he has no trade value.. But understand him and Zion haven’t played amazing together. that doesn’t mean I’d throw Hayes and an MLE or rookie in there full time so I would be keeping Adams unless I’m trading for a center

This feels bad for NOP, but Dallas’ insulting offer? As Ingram shouldn’t be traded.. KP, Brunson, 2027 first for Ingram, Adams, Bledsoe? Maybe less insulting if there was any max free agents this offseason to chase for NOP. Maybe if some superstar becomes available then this becomes possible? Brunson+Dallas first, NOP lottery pick, and a large stack of NOP’s owned firsts?

I would do Powell/Adams once we use our cap space (or immediately if we aren’t acting as a team under the cap)

Some three team deal with Minnesota like; Rubio to Chicago, Sato+Aminu to NOP, Adams and 2nds to Minnesota? Seems to help all three teams if we pretend NOP is looking to move Adams.

Maybe Ross+Bamba for Adams+11? Orlando gets another lottery pick and NOP gets a vet 3/d and a young center that can spread the floor?

If Holmes signs in Dallas/Char or wherever, Sac might be willing to take Adams for cheap/free? Or Bagley for Adams+11? If NOP feels they can develop Bagley into a stretch five next to Zion?
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,402

Post#32 » by Wolveswin » Tue May 4, 2021 8:06 pm

Warriors Analyst wrote:

Adams
Green
Oubre
Thompson
Curry
Bledsoe (6th)
Plus Wiseman, 2021 1st, and maybe 2021 Wolves 1st. One of those draft picks, if not both, wing depth.

That's a downgrade at the C position to take on long term money for someone who won't close games and we have to take on Bledsoe? Gross.

Adams is a downgrade to Looney on the court?

He is a huge screen setting upgrade. Him setting picks for Curry would be pure lethal.
enzino
Veteran
And1: 140

Post#33 » by enzino » Wed May 5, 2021 3:33 pm

Kemba Walker, Tristan Thompson, 2021 FRP
for
Adams, Lonzo Ball
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 20,784

Post#34 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Wed May 5, 2021 3:40 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
Warriors Analyst wrote:

Adams
Green
Oubre
Thompson
Curry
Bledsoe (6th)

He is a huge screen setting upgrade. Him setting picks for Curry would be pure lethal.

It would be like the Bogut days except the toughness would be real and the screens would be legal.
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant

Post#35 » by Warriors Analyst » Wed May 5, 2021 3:55 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:
Warriors Analyst wrote:

It would be like the Bogut days except the toughness would be real and the screens would be legal.

Bogut was a much better defender than Adams and on a smaller contract and he almost never closed games for us. The reality of the situation is there are very few C’s out there who are good enough defenders for the Warriors to close with them rather than Draymond or Looney at the 5. Adams is not one of them.
MrPeanut
Sophomore
And1: 71

Post#36 » by MrPeanut » Wed May 5, 2021 4:21 pm

I love Adams, but I be asking for draft picks. Pelicans should be rebuilding through the draft.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,707

Post#37 » by gswhoops » Wed May 5, 2021 4:28 pm

No chance GS includes Wiseman to get Steven Adams. I know Wiggins is this board’s favorite punching bag but come on.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,027

Post#38 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed May 5, 2021 4:39 pm

enzino wrote:Kemba Walker, Tristan Thompson, 2021 FRP
for
Adams, Lonzo Ball

Lonzo is a free agent, so can’t have him and the current year first in the same deal unless you’re 100% willing to throw away the pick for nothing if Boston and Lonzo can’t come to agreement.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Post#39 » by Balkman32 » Wed May 5, 2021 4:59 pm

Adams for Horford...
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#40 » by Commodor » Wed May 5, 2021 5:26 pm

I dont know if this would actually interest NOLA but would a deal centered around the below be interesting?

Wiggins + S&T Oubre + Wiseman + GSW'21 FRP (~#15)

for

Adams & Ingram

I'd guess NOLA would push for the MIN pick and GSW would walk away at that point but could have some legs if Ingram is not viewed as the long term fit next to Zion.

Return to Trades and Transactions