ImageImageImage

The Leandro Bolmaro thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,046

Re: The Leandro Bolmaro thread 

Post#101 » by shangrila » Tue May 4, 2021 10:58 am

Rookie-Mistake wrote:Surely this stamps Culvers papers..

I think his play did that already.

I actually forgot he was even on the team last week.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,003

Post#102 » by shrink » Tue May 4, 2021 11:25 am

shangrila wrote:
Rookie-Mistake wrote:Surely this stamps Culvers papers..

I think his play did that already.

I actually forgot he was even on the team last week.

I don’t know how much of this I believe, but Chris Finch said that Culver was a “big part of the Wolves future,” and said that Culver was shut down for surgery despite him battling the injury that clearly affected him.

With rookie contracts, you need to decide whether to pick up the team option for the following season (that starts a year from now) by Halloween. Last year (2020), we picked up Culver’s option for 2021-22, so he is on our books for $6.4 mil. I expect Rosas will attempt to trade him before Halloween this year, so he won’t have to publicly decline his 22-23 option for $8.1, and point out the error he made drafting him #6.

I still believe there is an NBA player inside Jarrett Culver. He has length, he has a handle, he can defend, and he works hard. However, his shooting is rotten, and he gets so down on himself when he misses a couple shots. I wonder if he would benefit mentally if he was traded closer to home, so either a Texas team or OKC. He was a small-town preacher’s son who didn’t leave home for college, so Minneapolis might have been a shock for him, particularly since it sounds like his family stayed in Lubbock.
NebWolvesFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 366

Post#103 » by NebWolvesFan » Tue May 4, 2021 6:28 pm

I like Culver. I hope he gets a fresh start somewhere else. I can't see any path to him living up the No. 6 pick. The growth of Edwards, Nowell and McDaniels at the wings and the possibility of Suggs or Cunningham coming on board, he just doesn't have minutes here. Hopefully, Rosas can get some value for him and Culver carves out a long career elsewhere.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,583

Post#104 » by Klomp » Tue May 4, 2021 8:47 pm

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#105 » by Klomp » Tue May 4, 2021 8:48 pm

Read on Twitter
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,169

Post#106 » by Neeva » Tue May 4, 2021 8:59 pm

Schmitz is the guy that was super high/up Lamelo’s butt last draft, right?
Neeva
Head Coach

Post#107 » by Neeva » Tue May 4, 2021 9:13 pm

I can totally see Bolmaro being a lottery pick in this 2021 draft.
jpatrick
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,588

Post#108 » by jpatrick » Tue May 4, 2021 9:28 pm

Neeva wrote:Schmitz is the guy that was super high/up Lamelo’s butt last draft, right?

To be fair, EVERY national draft analyst except the Ringer guy had LaMelo #1.

Listened to the podcast. Pelton/Schmitz redrafted the first round. Edwards #2. McDaniels #14. Wiseman was around #11/12 after two other centers. Schmitz said if not McDaniels at 14, he’d go Bolmaro and then spoke very highly of him.

Barcelona is in the first round of the Euroleague playoffs. Bolmaro 7/5/3 today in 15 minutes. Got a few more minutes than normal because it was a blowout. Sounds like he played well.
Neeva
Head Coach

Post#109 » by Neeva » Tue May 4, 2021 9:29 pm

There is no way there are 13 rookies better than Jaden though.
jpatrick
Assistant Coach

Post#110 » by jpatrick » Tue May 4, 2021 9:31 pm

Neeva wrote:There is no way there are 13 rookies better than Jaden though.

I 100% agree with this. Okoro and Vassell were lotto picks based on their perimeter defense. I wouldn’t take either or McDaniels. I might not take Patrick Williams over McDaniels. I think at worst, McDaniels is an elite 3/D player.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,003

Post#111 » by shrink » Wed May 5, 2021 2:50 pm

What’s the over/under on how many times I mistakenly call him “Leandro Barbosa” in my posts next year?

I’ll say .. 5?
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 681

Post#112 » by karch34 » Wed May 5, 2021 3:18 pm

shrink wrote:What’s the over/under on how many times I mistakenly call him “Leandro Barbosa” in my posts next year?

I’ll say .. 5?

Sounds about right. I'll take the over :D
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#113 » by Klomp » Wed May 5, 2021 9:17 pm

Read on Twitter

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#114 » by Klomp » Wed May 5, 2021 9:19 pm

jpatrick wrote:
Neeva wrote:Schmitz is the guy that was super high/up Lamelo’s butt last draft, right?

Listened to the podcast. Pelton/Schmitz redrafted the first round. Edwards #2. McDaniels #14. Wiseman was around #11/12 after two other centers. Schmitz said if not McDaniels at 14, he’d go Bolmaro and then spoke very highly of him.

Barcelona is in the first round of the Euroleague playoffs. Bolmaro 7/5/3 today in 15 minutes. Got a few more minutes than normal because it was a blowout. Sounds like he played well.

But Schmitz was arguably the first, or at least was very early on him.

rulas95
Sophomore
And1: 48

Post#115 » by rulas95 » Wed May 5, 2021 11:51 pm

jpatrick wrote:

No bro, he didn't play so many minutes because it was a blowout, he played so much because his impact on the game was great. In fact, he was the one who drove the victory by drying Pangos, who is the best rival player, and with his mate and subsequent triple.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,661

Post#116 » by KGdaBom » Fri May 7, 2021 4:17 pm

rulas95 wrote:
jpatrick wrote:

No bro, he didn't play so many minutes because it was a blowout, he played so much because his impact on the game was great. In fact, he was the one who drove the victory by drying Pangos, who is the best rival player, and with his mate and subsequent triple.

Bring it Rulas. You are becoming one of my favorite posters.
Slim Tubby
Starter
And1: 1,751

Post#117 » by Slim Tubby » Sat May 8, 2021 1:10 am

KGdaBom wrote:
rulas95 wrote:
jpatrick wrote:

Bring it Rulas. You are becoming one of my favorite posters.

What he said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glen Taylor: "Is this moron #1 (Layden)? Put moron #2 (Thibs) on the phone."
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,867

Post#118 » by Nick K » Sat May 8, 2021 4:33 pm

Klomp wrote:I think Satoransky is probably a decent player comp overall.

Satoransky is a quality bench player. I sure hope Bolmaro is better than that.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,472

Post#119 » by Worm Guts » Sat May 8, 2021 4:44 pm

Nick K wrote:
Klomp wrote:I think Satoransky is probably a decent player comp overall.

Satoransky is a quality bench player. I sure hope Bolmaro is better than that.

It would be great if he was better, but if you get a quality rotation player from the 23rd pick it’s a win.
jpatrick
Assistant Coach

Post#120 » by jpatrick » Sat May 8, 2021 6:17 pm

I got the Euroleague pass for the month so I can see the final four. They have all this years EL on demand and I’ve watch a few of Barcaleno’s games.

I think Sato is much more a PG that can play off the ball. Bolmaro is more of a SG that can play some PG. I just don’t think his handle is nearly tight enough at the moment to be an NBA PG at the moment.

He’s 6’6” and thin. Coming into his draft year, he was considered an inconsistent shooter. He’s shot over 40% from three this year on very low volume. About one attempt per game (partially due to limited minutes). His shot doesn’t look pure but it seems to be going in at the moment. Very good EL athlete but probably average by NBA SG standards. High BBIQ. Plays hard, especially on the defensive end. Fouls a lot because of aggressiveness but I don’t think coaching staff minds because he’s playing limited minutes.

My first thought is a Lonzo Ball or Halliburton type guard that has a high BBIQ but you don’t want to be your primary initiator is his ceiling (not saying he’ll reach that but maybe). I do think he’s probably going to be a better slasher than those two. The shot is the key. If he becomes the shooter those two are now, he’s going to be a high end role player.

He’s young but not insanely young. Turns 21 in a few months, almost exactly a year older than Ant. I hope if we bring him over this year, we make moves to clear minutes for him. Wouldn’t want his growth to stagnant. He seems to be coming on a bit with Barca, playing important minutes in the EL playoffs. I’d assume if he stayed over there another year, he’d even have a bigger role next year. Barca may win the EL this year, very veteran team right now.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves