Does LeBron make an All NBA team?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,101

Re: Does LeBron make an All NBA team? 

Post#21 » by Slim Charless » Tue May 4, 2021 9:51 pm

JXL wrote:
Eric Millegan wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:1st team: CP3, Steph, Kawhi, Giannis, Joker
2nd team: Dame, Luka, Zion, Tatum, Biid
3rd team: Booker, PG, Bron, Randle, Gobert

His numbers and play get him 1st honestly, but he's missed so many games already. Still enough for 3rd team.

What about Harden? And CP3 isn’t first team. If you traded CP3 with Dame or Luka, would Blazers and Mavs be just as good? No.
OMG, really?

Would Phoenix be where they are without Paul's leadership? I'll answer that with a "HELL NO!"

Also, Randle in 2nd Team over Tatum. Tatum takes 3rd team.

I'm willing to switch out Kawhi for Luka, since he can play SF too but CP3 is absolutely 1st team. I like Tatum as 2nd since he plays better defense and is a better player straight up than Randle.

Harden has also missed too many games. If not, he'd be 1st team as well.
D.Brasco
General Manager
And1: 9,184

Post#22 » by D.Brasco » Tue May 4, 2021 9:51 pm

GSWFan1994 wrote:
D.Brasco wrote:
GSWFan1994 wrote:Before the injury, he was a definitive 1st team, IMHO.

Now, with all the missed games, maybe he should get a spot on the 2nd or 3rd team.

It will depends on how many votes will be split between the other forwards.

IMO, he shouldn't get in. Too many missed games. He missed like 40% of the season.

Before the injury he was a top MVP candidate. So first team would have gone without question.

Well, that's exactly what I said. You even bolded the part.

A "definitive 1st team" is a top MVP candidate, that's not hard to imply.

I took it more when people use "IMHO" it's for something that needs to be defended, there was no doubt in anyone's opinion he was making first team prior to going down.
jokeboy86
General Manager
And1: 5,001

Post#23 » by jokeboy86 » Tue May 4, 2021 10:10 pm

Of course he will he's the face of the league on the most popular team and isn't completely done yet lol. National TV media eats, sleeps and breathes Lebron so if he doesn't make an All-NBA team we'll never hear the end of it(deserved or not). It's bad enough that they're already preparing to dismiss Jokic's MVP due to other players being injured. If Lebron doesn't make All-NBA we're going to hear topics about how All-NBA consideration is outdated, out-of-touch, or etc. All that being said the only reason I wouldn't put him on is injuries and other worthy candidates. Same reason why Embiid can't make the 1st team this year.

Here's who I got:

1st:

Luka
Curry
Giannis
Kawhi
Jokic

2nd:

Lillard
Beal
Randle
Zion(i know team's record is meh but his numbers are hard to ignore)
Embiid

3rd

Young
Mitchell or Booker(whichever's team is first)
Tatum
Butler
Gobert
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,221

Post#24 » by EArl » Tue May 4, 2021 10:26 pm

D.Brasco wrote:
GSWFan1994 wrote:Before the injury, he was a definitive 1st team, IMHO.

Now, with all the missed games, maybe he should get a spot on the 2nd or 3rd team.

It will depends on how many votes will be split between the other forwards.

IMO, he shouldn't get in. Too many missed games. He missed like 40% of the season.

Before the injury he was a top MVP candidate. So first team would have gone without question.

If he had continue playing without injury he would have probably won the MVP. Unfortunately he got hurt. Maybe 2nd/3rd team at best.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,117

Post#25 » by GSWFan1994 » Tue May 4, 2021 11:06 pm

D.Brasco wrote:
GSWFan1994 wrote:
D.Brasco wrote:

Well, that's exactly what I said. You even bolded the part.

A "definitive 1st team" is a top MVP candidate, that's not hard to imply.

I took it more when people use "IMHO" it's for something that needs to be defended, there was no doubt in anyone's opinion he was making first team prior to going down.

Back in the beginning of the season, when everyone was healthy, a case could be made that 2 of LeBron, Giannis, Kawhi and Durant would be left off the 1st team. Plus, I'm not considering Luka as a forward (I don't know if the NBA does, either).

So, your "there was no doubt in anyone's opinion" could be very debatable... IMHO, of course.
lonzo_pelota
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,538

Post#26 » by lonzo_pelota » Tue May 4, 2021 11:16 pm

retitle the thread should a All star captain who's team won the allstar game be on one of the All NBA teams?
Asianiac_24
General Manager
And1: 3,577

Post#27 » by Asianiac_24 » Wed May 5, 2021 12:26 am

Luka/Curry/Giannis/Kawhi/Jokic
Dame/Beal/Tatum/Zion/Embiid
CP3/Booker/Randle/Butler/Gobert

Mitchell just missed. I think final spot for forwards come down to LeBron vs Butler
BoatsNZones
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,291

Post#28 » by BoatsNZones » Wed May 5, 2021 12:44 am

phanman wrote:
Read on Twitter

Make that another 2 games he'll miss. 24 games and counting.

Absolutely crucial games for them as well (granted, a bit less so if the Blazers and Mavs lose their next games). Hard pass for me on his All NBA bid though. Randle should get that slot.
phanman
General Manager
And1: 8,283

Post#29 » by phanman » Wed May 5, 2021 12:50 am

BoatsNZones wrote:
phanman wrote:
Read on Twitter

Absolutely crucial games for them as well (granted, a bit less so if the Blazers and Mavs lose their next games). Hard pass for me on his All NBA bid though. Randle should get that slot.

That Blazers game is key as it is their tiebreaker. Slipping to the play-in would make things super interesting.

That said, I highly doubt voters will have the balls to leave him off at least 3rd team.
picko
Starter
And1: 3,381

Post#30 » by picko » Wed May 5, 2021 1:01 am

It would be weird for a guy that was the favourite for MVP for the first 40 games of the season to then completely miss the All-NBA teams. If the guy needs any more motivation - leaving him off an All-NBA team for a guy like Paul George would do it.
BoatsNZones
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,291

Post#31 » by BoatsNZones » Wed May 5, 2021 1:01 am

phanman wrote:
BoatsNZones wrote:
phanman wrote:
Read on Twitter

That Blazers game is key as it is their tiebreaker. Slipping to the play-in would make things super interesting.

That said, I highly doubt voters will have the balls to leave him off at least 3rd team.

Simmons did mention on his pod the other day that he thinks James deserves a spot as he likes to view it as a snapshot of the best players in the league that season when looking back, but that if he missed any more time he was probably going to have to leave him off (and this will be 3 missed games since that comment). I know he will be left off a lot of ballots, so between that and definitely not getting more than a couple 1st Team votes, it's possible he does miss all the teams.
PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,171

Post#32 » by PistolPeteJR » Wed May 5, 2021 1:15 am

jokeboy86 wrote:Of course he will he's the face of the league on the most popular team and isn't completely done yet lol. National TV media eats, sleeps and breathes Lebron so if he doesn't make an All-NBA team we'll never hear the end of it(deserved or not). It's bad enough that they're already preparing to dismiss Jokic's MVP due to other players being injured. If Lebron doesn't make All-NBA we're going to hear topics about how All-NBA consideration is outdated, out-of-touch, or etc. All that being said the only reason I wouldn't put him on is injuries and other worthy candidates. Same reason why Embiid can't make the 1st team this year.

Here's who I got:

3rd

Young
Tatum
Butler
Gobert

I really want to hear how Butler deserves it over LeBron.
jokeboy86
General Manager
And1: 5,001

Post#33 » by jokeboy86 » Wed May 5, 2021 2:34 am

PistolPeteJR wrote:
jokeboy86 wrote:Of course he will he's the face of the league on the most popular team and isn't completely done yet lol. National TV media eats, sleeps and breathes Lebron so if he doesn't make an All-NBA team we'll never hear the end of it(deserved or not). It's bad enough that they're already preparing to dismiss Jokic's MVP due to other players being injured. If Lebron doesn't make All-NBA we're going to hear topics about how All-NBA consideration is outdated, out-of-touch, or etc. All that being said the only reason I wouldn't put him on is injuries and other worthy candidates. Same reason why Embiid can't make the 1st team this year.

Here's who I got:

3rd

Young
Tatum
Butler
Gobert

Only cause he's played more games and Miami seems to be trending up and the Lakers down, nothing more. Plus even with Lebron the only remaining game I can definitively 100% say the Lakers will win for sure is Houston. The rest of them could go either way. The fact that Lebron is also sitting out the next two games has me wondering how healthy he actually is and whether he starts considering this season a wash at some point cause of his and AD's injuries.
AussieRules
Starter
And1: 2,002

Post#34 » by AussieRules » Wed May 5, 2021 2:46 am

He doesn’t deserve to make an all nba team this season
PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,171

Post#35 » by PistolPeteJR » Wed May 5, 2021 2:52 am

jokeboy86 wrote:
PistolPeteJR wrote:

Here's who I got:

3rd

Young
Tatum
Butler
Gobert

Only cause he's played more games and Miami seems to be trending up and the Lakers down, nothing more. Plus even with Lebron the only remaining game I can definitively 100% say the Lakers will win for sure is Houston. The rest of them could go either way. The fact that Lebron is also sitting out the next two games has me wondering how healthy he actually is and whether he starts considering this season a wash at some point cause of his and AD's injuries.

None of what you said affects All-NBA selections though.

As for Butler playing more games, he’s played 5 more to date. Come on now.
DaPessimist
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,474

Post#36 » by DaPessimist » Wed May 5, 2021 3:01 am

So Nets could end up with the best record in the East, but won't have an All-NBA player?

Surprised to see everyone pencil Kawhi in on first team. I'd rank him 2nd team at best.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,953

Post#37 » by chitownsports4ever » Wed May 5, 2021 3:45 am

Wow this is crazy I have a hard time putting anyone who has played less than 50 games as 1st or 2nd team all nba .

Having a great season and being available 90% of the time is better than having a great season and being available 65% of the time.
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
Zespetjest
Junior
And1: 620

Post#38 » by Zespetjest » Wed May 5, 2021 7:53 am

I would really like to know why some people put Dame over Luka. Really curious as Luka have better stats with worse team mates and their teams have almost identical winning percentage. Thx for your answers.
31 11 13, 48 11 5
JN61
RealGM
And1: 9,019

Post#39 » by JN61 » Wed May 5, 2021 10:00 am

Not with games he missed. But we already know he has guaranteed spot in there even if he played half of the games he has now... It is pretty ridiculous heights the league go to award this guy. He is missing games that matter the most as well. If he makes it to all-nba guys like Westbrook and Durant should as well, because at that point your performance doesn't matter, just your name...
Pennebaker wrote:And Bird did it while being a defensive liability. But he also made All-Defensive teams, which was another controversial issue regarding Bird and votes.
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,408

Post#40 » by Rainwater » Wed May 5, 2021 10:19 am

Scalabrine wrote:Totals this season:
L.James: 1077 points, 338 rebounds, 336 assists, 45 steals, 26 blocks, 162 turnovers

Player B: 1149 points, 233 rebounds, 390 assists, 47 steals, 13 blocks, 104 turnovers

Player C: 1079 points, 634 rebounds, 333 assists, 61 steals, 29 blocks, 183 turnovers

Player D: 1110 points, 384 rebounds, 237 assists, 60 steals, 37 blocks, 120 turnovers

Player E: 1082 points, 383 rebounds, 201 assists, 50 steals, 48 blocks, 100 turnovers

Out of that group; LeBron ranks 5th in points, 4th in rebounds, 3rd in assists, 5th in steals, 5th in blocks, 4th in turnovers
Spoiler:
Player B = D.Derozan
Player C = D.Sabonis
Player D = P.Siakam
Player E = T.Harris

Then you have other forwards like Giannis, Randle, Tatum, Kawhi, George, Butler, Middleton, Zion and I just can't see a justifiable reason that he deserves a spot on the All-NBA team. And no, being LeBron James is not "justifiable"...

This is misleading and an obvious case of picking and choosing stats. In a case like this you need to look at avgs not total numbers. And without even looking at the stats LBJ's impact was clear prior to the injury, the guy was in the running for MVP. If LBJ doesn't make an All NBA team it's not because of his stats but because he didn't play enough games.

Return to The General Board