Refs reviewing "Toe on the 3 Point Line" this year

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,151

Refs reviewing "Toe on the 3 Point Line" this year 

Post#1 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Tue May 4, 2021 10:14 pm

I had a random thought last night that I feel like I have seen far fewer in-game reviews than previous years looking if a player was behind the 3 point line while shooting to determine if a shot was 2 or 3 points. In fact, I cannot think of a single time I have seen it this season for the Blazers, although I've missed some games here and there.

Did something change in the way they call this? Has this task been given over to Secaucus and happens quietly in the background? Am I just crazy and nothing is different?

Curious about others thoughts because I cant find much on it.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,344

Re: Refs reviewing "Toe on the 3 Point Line" this year 

Post#2 » by Johnny Bball » Tue May 4, 2021 10:37 pm

DeBlazerRiddem wrote:I had a random thought last night that I feel like I have seen far fewer in-game reviews than previous years looking if a player was behind the 3 point line while shooting to determine if a shot was 2 or 3 points. In fact, I cannot think of a single time I have seen it this season for the Blazers, although I've missed some games here and there.

Did something change in the way they call this? Has this task been given over to Secaucus and happens quietly in the background? Am I just crazy and nothing is different?

Isn't it reviewed in the office and changed later in the game if it's wrong? I've seen that and the clock running out reversed later in the game.
Maxthirty
Rookie
And1: 2,595

Post#3 » by Maxthirty » Tue May 4, 2021 10:50 pm

They just review it without showing it to us as far as I know. You see the score change randomly at least once a game.
Water makes you weak.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,109

Post#4 » by Dr Aki » Tue May 4, 2021 10:54 pm

DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,151

Post#5 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Wed May 5, 2021 1:47 am

Johnny Bball wrote:
DeBlazerRiddem wrote:I had a random thought last night that I feel like I have seen far fewer in-game reviews than previous years looking if a player was behind the 3 point line while shooting to determine if a shot was 2 or 3 points. In fact, I cannot think of a single time I have seen it this season for the Blazers, although I've missed some games here and there.

Isn't it reviewed in the office and changed later in the game if it's wrong? I've seen that and the clock running out reversed later in the game.

That makes sense, much better than slowing down the game except when its absolutely critical. I just had trouble finding if there was a specific change in procedure this year or last. Thanks!
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,330

Post#6 » by Texas Chuck » Wed May 5, 2021 2:21 am

All I know is the toe on the line should be called the Jason Kidd.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,132

Post#7 » by Raps in 4 » Wed May 5, 2021 2:28 am

Johnny Bball wrote:

This. Some broadcasts might not bring it up though.
Golden Knight
Analyst
And1: 4,965

Post#8 » by Golden Knight » Wed May 5, 2021 3:39 am

Dr Aki wrote:

:lol:

Reminds me of this Lillard shot that the referee signaled as a 3.

How can you, as a referee, confuse the FT circle for the 3 point arc?

Big Aristotle
Freshman
And1: 259

Post#9 » by Big Aristotle » Wed May 5, 2021 3:57 am

Dr Aki wrote:

Marv is coming for Hubie "you've gotta give him a lot of credit" Brown's crown :lol:

"Okay it's Dr. Aki. Now here's a guy who's gonna give you 30,000 posts, okay. 20,000 And1's, okay. From the land down under, you know down under like the painted area, okay. Come on now, you've gotta give him a lotta credit. Okay, this is a young man who's put a lot of ability into his post game since 2008. And see what I like about him is ONE, he gives you a lot of posts here. Okay? TWO, he also gives you a lot of AND1's, a lot of very high percentage posts right there. Time and time again. There you go, you gotta love that."

Return to The General Board