ImageImageImageImageImage

PG- Moral Victory

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,522

Re: PG- Moral Victory 

Post#81 » by WaltFrazier » Wed May 5, 2021 4:50 am

dkb9696 wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:
dkb9696 wrote:Siakam and VanVleet on board with the tank. :nod:

No they are not. They played very well when the Clips were lackadaisical, and then got locked up (as usual) when Clips clamped down final 4 mins.

I was being sarcastic.

These stupid "sarcastic" tank posts make the board a pain to read. We lose a game - hey they are helping the tank, Har Har Har. Simpleton level
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Tofubeque
RealGM
And1: 14,186

Post#82 » by Tofubeque » Wed May 5, 2021 4:50 am

Oakvillehoops wrote:I wish someone could compile a video of Siakams charges this season. They would really be comical watching them one after another. Bonus if you add circus music

You could do this for any forward in the NBA. So what would be the point exactly?

Siakam has a 2-to-1 assist to turnover ratio, it's not like he doesn't look to pass.
props Turbozone
MixxSRC
General Manager
And1: 14,092

Post#83 » by MixxSRC » Wed May 5, 2021 4:51 am

like any big Siakam needs to be set up. He rarely gets easy buckets. We all know he's not 1A guy so to keep trashing him for it gets old. Lowry was setting him up beautifully last game. FVV had good assist game tonight but synergy with Siakam wasn't there.
rocky_da_best
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,850

Post#84 » by rocky_da_best » Wed May 5, 2021 4:51 am

Ref_from_hell wrote:Has Pascal ever sealed a game for us this year in the final minutes?

Depends on what side of the coin you are. If you're on tWo, he's sealed almost 10. :lol:
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 18,987

Post#85 » by DelAbbot » Wed May 5, 2021 4:52 am

rocky_da_best wrote:
Ref_from_hell wrote:Has Pascal ever sealed a game for us this year in the final minutes?

Depends on what side of the coin you are. If you're on tWo, he's sealed almost 10. :lol:

Siakam has been very dependable in close games ;)
Inevitable
RealGM
And1: 134,630

Post#86 » by Inevitable » Wed May 5, 2021 4:53 am

Seems like Kawhi hates his team. But he left a mix of vets and team first guys in SA and here so you can’t really be that sad for him.
rocky_da_best
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,850

Post#87 » by rocky_da_best » Wed May 5, 2021 4:54 am

MixxSRC wrote:like any big Siakam needs to be set up. He rarely gets easy buckets. We all know he's not 1A guy so to keep trashing him for it gets old. Lowry was setting him up beautifully last game. FVV had good assist game tonight but synergy with Siakam wasn't there.

Being 1A, being 1B, 2C, 3D, has nothing to do with making stupid **** plays down the stretch. Just keep it simple stupid. Pass the **** ball if you have a guy that's wide open running to the hoop. Instead you can see the gears grinding in his head like "oh ****, it's a fast break, we might score, I need to score, I need to be the man". If he literally just played the same way and the same humble way he came into the league, he'd be an incredible player for us. Part of it is us forcing a square peg into a round hole, but he self sabotages a LOT
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,665

Post#88 » by johanliebert » Wed May 5, 2021 4:54 am

I see jalen Harris is the new toy. This time next week he’ll be acclaimed as the future PG for the squad LOL.

The lottery balls better fall our way cause siakam isn’t the only issue on this team.
Ref_from_hell
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,712

Post#89 » by Ref_from_hell » Wed May 5, 2021 4:54 am

MixxSRC wrote:like any big Siakam needs to be set up. He rarely gets easy buckets. We all know he's not 1A guy so to keep trashing him for it gets old. Lowry was setting him up beautifully last game. FVV had good assist game tonight but synergy with Siakam wasn't there.

What does that have to do with him grabbing the ball with two open teammates down the floor and deciding to run into five guys and turn it over? Or committing a lane violation? Or missing a free throw in a key moment?

The bonehead plays he makes have nothing to do with needing to be set up.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,079

Post#90 » by tecumseh18 » Wed May 5, 2021 4:54 am

WaltFrazier wrote:I don't care about likability, or even tampering. I like Kawhi, hate LeBron and the Lakers, and would like to see Clippers beat them. But the Clippers are missing something as a team. They have all the pieces, but some magic is lacking. Passing I guess

As these two games in LA proved, you don't need a ton of talent to win in this league. You need two star players and energetic role players. We only lost this game because Siakam wasn't as good as he was against the Lakers.

There's an amazing amount of talent on the Clippers, even without Serge. It comes at you in waves. But they should just hand Rondo the keys as a starter, and let him organize everything.
dkb9696
Bench Warmer
And1: 968

Post#91 » by dkb9696 » Wed May 5, 2021 4:54 am

WaltFrazier wrote:
dkb9696 wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:
No they are not. They played very well when the Clips were lackadaisical, and then got locked up (as usual) when Clips clamped down final 4 mins.

I was being sarcastic.

These stupid "sarcastic" tank posts make the board a pain to read. We lose a game - hey they are helping the tank, Har Har Har. Simpleton level

Well that was not very nice.
Tofubeque
RealGM
And1: 14,186

Post#92 » by Tofubeque » Wed May 5, 2021 4:54 am

Raptaz wrote:How does kawhi get 13 points on 3/6 shots

Our defense, which Raptors fans look away from the screen during.
props Turbozone
Ref_from_hell
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,712

Post#93 » by Ref_from_hell » Wed May 5, 2021 4:55 am

rocky_da_best wrote:

Being 1A, being 1B, 2C, 3D, has nothing to do with making stupid **** plays down the stretch. Just keep it simple stupid. Pass the **** ball if you have a guy that's wide open running to the hoop. Instead you can see the gears grinding in his head like "oh ****, it's a fast break, we might score, I need to score, I need to be the man". If he literally just played the same way and the same humble way he came into the league, he'd be an incredible player for us. Part of it is us forcing a square peg into a round hole, but he self sabotages a LOT

Read my mind bro. Like get out of here with that BS :rofl: :rofl:
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,665

Post#94 » by johanliebert » Wed May 5, 2021 4:56 am

He was finding Birch and others.

Ad didn’t bother to defend pascal last game..the clippers just have too much length. I’d see them run a pnr to get a switch and he’d have batum matched up on him who’s as long as pg/kawhi :lol:
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,542

Post#95 » by mdenny » Wed May 5, 2021 4:56 am

Tofubeque wrote:
Oakvillehoops wrote:I wish someone could compile a video of Siakams charges this season. They would really be comical watching them one after another. Bonus if you add circus music

You could do this for any forward in the NBA. So what would be the point exactly?

Siakam has a 2-to-1 assist to turnover ratio, it's not like he doesn't look to pass.

To be fair....I was expecting the pass to birch to get mucked up. There was an awkwardness in how the play developed. I don't think the pass was COMPLETELY there....looked like a risk.

Probably should have just pulled it back out though.
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 18,987

Post#96 » by DelAbbot » Wed May 5, 2021 4:58 am

Inevitable wrote:Seems like Kawhi hates his team. But he left a mix of vets and team first guys in SA and here so you can’t really be that sad for him.

From what I saw in tonight's game - with Reggie Bullock and Morris hitting big shots - I think Kawhi is much more confident in his teammates than last year. I think Clippers have a higher ceiling than last year, especially with Rondo and Ibaka.

They just didn't try against us until 4 mins to go and we were up by 6.
MixxSRC
General Manager

Post#97 » by MixxSRC » Wed May 5, 2021 4:58 am

rocky_da_best wrote:

Yeah a lot of "I need to be the man" comes from him being forced to be 1A guy. In a properly constructed team he's not in position to make those decisions.
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,591

Post#98 » by Son Goku 25 » Wed May 5, 2021 4:59 am

Siakam sprinted to the tank at the end lol masterful job, well done.
raps14
Junior
And1: 521

Post#99 » by raps14 » Wed May 5, 2021 5:00 am

You also have to keep in the part where he always calls for the coaches challenge after he does something obviously stupid :lol:
MixxSRC
General Manager

Post#100 » by MixxSRC » Wed May 5, 2021 5:00 am

Ref_from_hell wrote:

What does that have to do with him grabbing the ball with two open teammates down the floor and deciding to run into five guys and turn it over? Or committing a lane violation? Or missing a free throw in a key moment?

The bonehead plays he makes have nothing to do with needing to be set up.

Simplify the game for him so the decisions he makes are simple. Him being 1A right now is obviously too much for him hence stupid decisions.

Return to Toronto Raptors