ImageImageImageImageImage

Burks' ankle injury

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

finestrg
Sophomore
And1: 142

Burks' ankle injury 

Post#1 » by finestrg » Tue May 4, 2021 10:40 pm

So Berman was reporting that he twisted his ankle last night, might not play in the Denver game. I saw most of the game last night but I didn't see him twist his ankle.

Anyone have an update? Severity?
NYK Dolemite
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,202

Re: Burks' ankle injury 

Post#2 » by NYK Dolemite » Tue May 4, 2021 11:05 pm

Came down on an opposition’s foot. That roll move that can produce a sprain. No idea how serious it is, but he wasn’t carted off. He walked off, slowly.

60 yos don’t heal well, so I’m pretty sure he’s going to miss tomorrow
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,499

Post#3 » by Fat Kat » Tue May 4, 2021 11:56 pm

Morant fell and rolled onto Burks’ legs. That’s how he was injured. He wanted to stay in and isn’t on the injury report, so hopefully he’s good to go tomorrow

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#4 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Wed May 5, 2021 12:25 am

NYK Dolemite wrote:Came down on an opposition’s foot. That roll move that can produce a sprain. No idea how serious it is, but he wasn’t carted off. He walked off, slowly.

More or less, but the other way around - Burks fell on and Morant (iirc) also fell and came down on Burks's leg. He pretty clearly has twisted his ankle, but hobbled back in for a bit. But it looked like the kind of thing that would swell as soon as you take your boot off. Otoh, the Knicks presumably have more bags of ice in their locker room than I ever had. :(
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,400

Post#5 » by robillionaire » Wed May 5, 2021 2:38 am

We were playing better without him
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,539

Post#6 » by cgmw » Wed May 5, 2021 3:52 am

Fat Kat wrote:Morant fell and rolled onto Burks’ legs. That’s how he was injured. He wanted to stay in and isn’t on the injury report, so hopefully he’s good to go tomorrow

Read on Twitter

Taj gonna have his hands full. Maybe we see a lot of Julius vs. Joker straight up?
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,639

Post#7 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed May 5, 2021 4:52 am

cgmw wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:Morant fell and rolled onto Burks’ legs. That’s how he was injured. He wanted to stay in and isn’t on the injury report, so hopefully he’s good to go tomorrow

Read on Twitter

Taj gonna have his hands full. Maybe we see a lot of Julius vs. Joker straight up?

Please Lord, no. Pelle will play and pelleservere.
Free Palestine
BugginOut
Head Coach
And1: 7,829

Post#8 » by BugginOut » Wed May 5, 2021 4:59 am

robillionaire wrote:We were playing better without him

Lowkey. I like Burks but I’d rather have a joint effort in the 4th quarter then just have Burks iso ball (though he has been clutch) also Quickley plays better with the ball in his hand which Burks limits
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,054

Post#9 » by stuporman » Wed May 5, 2021 5:12 am

There's way too much 'rolling onto legs' going on in the league, it seems like some players just violently fall into other player's legs after something happens that doesn't go their way. This should start to be treated more like encroaching on a shooting player's landing space because so many players are getting injured by players flopping into other guy's legs.

It's not about people diving on the floor for a loose ball, it's guys with no play on the ball just rolling up on people's legs. If it's not a basketball play on the ball it should be a loose ball foul with flagrant foul escalators of techs, continued possession and ejection if determined to be intentional. This situation is getting out of hand with it happening weekly.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
NYK Dolemite
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,202

Post#10 » by NYK Dolemite » Wed May 5, 2021 12:16 pm

B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:
NYK Dolemite wrote:Came down on an opposition’s foot. That roll move that can produce a sprain. No idea how serious it is, but he wasn’t carted off. He walked off, slowly.

More or less, but the other way around - Burks fell on and Morant (iirc) also fell and came down on Burks's leg. He pretty clearly has twisted his ankle, but hobbled back in for a bit. But it looked like the kind of thing that would swell as soon as you take your boot off. Otoh, the Knicks presumably have more bags of ice in their locker room than I ever had. :(

My bad, was distracted by a phone call at that point. Misremembered the cause. But yeah, definitely can blow up once the pressure of socks, tape and and shoes come off.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,499

Post#11 » by Fat Kat » Wed May 5, 2021 6:50 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,400

Post#12 » by robillionaire » Wed May 5, 2021 7:15 pm

BugginOut wrote:
robillionaire wrote:We were playing better without him

Lowkey. I like Burks but I’d rather have a joint effort in the 4th quarter then just have Burks iso ball (though he has been clutch) also Quickley plays better with the ball in his hand which Burks limits

Yeah tbh I think I’m out on Burks after this year. Has he played great this year? Yes. Is he a great 3pt shooter? Yes. He’s won a few games for us. But as you mention he also plays an iso type of hero ball that I don’t think is overall good for team basketball and wouldn’t really want to watch it again next year. I would give contracts to Noel and Rose before I thought about Burks. I’d even rather retain Bullock, at least he plays within the flow of the offense.

Now if he wants to keep doing [the guy we brought over from Utah whose name escapes me] a favor and sign again for cheap I’d be okay with it. But I would guess he wants to get paid

Return to New York Knicks