MJ's record is not 6-0, its 6-15

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,639

Re: MJ's record is not 6-0, its 6-15 

Post#121 » by prophet_of_rage » Tue May 4, 2021 10:03 pm

OdomFan wrote:
loserX wrote:I tend to agree. Saying "Jordan is 6-0" is like saying "he's perfect, if you don't count all the times he lost". It's not all that meaningful.

There are plenty of good arguments in favor of Jordan being the GOAT, I'm not even sure I disagree. But "6-0" is not one of them. Reducing everything to one out-of-context number rarely is.

The 6-0 record is a Major part of his goat argument. I don't see how it isn't because it only helps highlight just how great of a player and leader he was that he was able to lead his Bulls over multiple Hall of Famers in those Finals series. He also led his Bulls over hall of famers/great teams like Ewing and the Knicks, Miller Pacers, Shaq/Magic and Morning+Hardaway/Heat. There is nothing wrong at all about bringing up his success in leading his team throughout their playoff rounds of their time together.
6-0 doesn't capture that, though.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk
Marrrcuss
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,769

Post#122 » by Marrrcuss » Tue May 4, 2021 10:29 pm

G35 wrote:
KyRo23 wrote:
Marrrcuss wrote:I have NBAtv just like yall do and i see how unskilled the 80s and 90s were so Im cool with anyone taking records out of context.

Let me ask though.....If lebrons team loses in the first round or before the finals this year, will it register or no? I mean, since first round losses dont mean anything and all.

I need you all to pick a cotdamn position and stick to it, lol

I'm surprised how many people in this thread seem to have the viewpoint of losing in the finals is worse than losing in earlier rounds or even not making the playoffs.

It makes it seem like someone like LeBron losing in 2018 after his crazy playoff run is worse than when he didn't make the playoffs 2 years ago because it tarnishes his finals record. Just bizarre.

So why isn't Jerry West higher on the All time list.

He went nine NBA finals...is the only player to get voted FMVP for a losing team....has the finals record for PPG at 46.3

Why isn't Jerry West in the top five or at least top 10 if going to the finals is so important regardless if you win or not......

His TEAM went to that many finals.

No matter how much a few of you try, i will never let TEAM accomplishments be the main criteria. Thats so damn silly.
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#123 » by TheFinishSniper » Tue May 4, 2021 10:38 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
Heat4lyf wrote:Rookie year
Second year injury
2 Washington years
Year coming out of retirement

Pretty much in his prime playing more than 18 games he went
6/10 in championships
10/10 scoring titles
6/6 FMVP
5/10 MVP
3/10 Steals leader
1/10 DPOY

It’s insane just how dominant he was

Well rumours were circulating he was greatest of all time

*shocked pikachu*
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,575

Post#124 » by Repeat 3-peat » Tue May 4, 2021 10:42 pm

LeBron fans :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

twyzted
Sixth Man
And1: 2,182

Post#125 » by twyzted » Tue May 4, 2021 10:49 pm

KrAzY3 wrote:
kali323 wrote:MJ never lost a series when he had home court advantage

Can anyone verify this? That sounds pretty damn impressive, but also kind of hard to fathom. Heck, I remember a 66 win LeBron team with home court advantage losing to my Magic team in the Finals when our second best player was Rashard Lewis, and our third best player was hurt.

Winning every time your team is the favorite would be an astounding feat.

Lost in 85 vs bucks in 1st round as 7th seed
In 86 vs celtics in 1st round as 8th seed
87 vs celtics in 1st round as 8th seed
88 in 2nd round vs 2nd seed pistons as 3rd seed
89 in ecf vs 1st seed pistons as the 6th seed knocked out 3rd and 2nd seed on the way.
90 lost vs 1st seed pistons as 3rd seed.
91 won
92 won
93 won
94 baseball
95 lost in 2nd round vs 1st seed magic as 5th seed
96 won
97 won
98 won

Outside of his rookie season he lost to the team who went to the finals
Pennebaker wrote:Jordan lacks LeBron's mental toughness.
twyzted
Sixth Man
And1: 2,182

Post#126 » by twyzted » Tue May 4, 2021 10:51 pm

Marrrcuss wrote:
G35 wrote:
KyRo23 wrote:
I'm surprised how many people in this thread seem to have the viewpoint of losing in the finals is worse than losing in earlier rounds or even not making the playoffs.

It makes it seem like someone like LeBron losing in 2018 after his crazy playoff run is worse than when he didn't make the playoffs 2 years ago because it tarnishes his finals record. Just bizarre.

He went nine NBA finals...is the only player to get voted FMVP for a losing team....has the finals record for PPG at 46.3

Why isn't Jerry West in the top five or at least top 10 if going to the finals is so important regardless if you win or not......

No matter how much a few of you try, i will never let TEAM accomplishments be the main criteria. Thats so damn silly.

Well then Jordan clearly is the GOAT
Pennebaker wrote:Jordan lacks LeBron's mental toughness.
G35
RealGM
And1: 7,720

Post#127 » by G35 » Tue May 4, 2021 10:55 pm

Marrrcuss wrote:
G35 wrote:
KyRo23 wrote:

In a TEAM sport, judging players by their individual accomplishments is misguided.....
I'm so tired of the typical......
OdomFan
General Manager
And1: 6,619

Post#128 » by OdomFan » Tue May 4, 2021 11:01 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
OdomFan wrote:
loserX wrote:I tend to agree. Saying "Jordan is 6-0" is like saying "he's perfect, if you don't count all the times he lost". It's not all that meaningful.

There are plenty of good arguments in favor of Jordan being the GOAT, I'm not even sure I disagree. But "6-0" is not one of them. Reducing everything to one out-of-context number rarely is.

The 6-0 record is a Major part of his goat argument. I don't see how it isn't because it only helps highlight just how great of a player and leader he was that he was able to lead his Bulls over multiple Hall of Famers in those Finals series. He also led his Bulls over hall of famers/great teams like Ewing and the Knicks, Miller Pacers, Shaq/Magic and Morning+Hardaway/Heat. There is nothing wrong at all about bringing up his success in leading his team throughout their playoff rounds of their time together.
6-0 doesn't capture that, though.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk

hmm. I disagree with you.
OdomFan
General Manager
And1: 6,619

Post#129 » by OdomFan » Tue May 4, 2021 11:17 pm

Marrrcuss wrote:
G35 wrote:
KyRo23 wrote:

There's nothing to try. You want to pretend like a TEAM doesn't have a leader that gets the credit for leading their squad to success? You go right ahead.
Dick Tate
Starter
And1: 1,848

Post#130 » by Dick Tate » Tue May 4, 2021 11:25 pm

BeatDaCavs420 wrote:How is this thread still even open? If this was about Lebron it be locked by someone already.

You don't think this thread is about LeBron? 8-)
510TWSS
General Manager
And1: 2,863

Post#131 » by 510TWSS » Wed May 5, 2021 1:07 am

nephew woke up and thought he was clever
Ugalde
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,260

Post#132 » by Ugalde » Wed May 5, 2021 2:10 am

obviously. i’m a Jordan is the goat kind of guy but i always thought this argument was dumb. jordan is 6/15 and bron is 4/18.

jordan is more successful even if you use the real numbers
politics
to many 3s
TheMartian
General Manager
And1: 6,247

Post#133 » by TheMartian » Wed May 5, 2021 2:23 am

6/15 > 4/18. Heck, even Bird's 3/13 is greater than 4/18.
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 6,510

Post#134 » by durden_tyler » Wed May 5, 2021 2:28 am

To compare what is LeBron's record?
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
Coach Carter
General Manager
And1: 6,261

Post#135 » by Coach Carter » Wed May 5, 2021 2:29 am

Bronsexuals are creative at least, I give them that.
In reference to our title winning year
Coach Carter wrote:This year is a wash and most of us know it.
KrAzY3
Starter
And1: 2,527

Post#136 » by KrAzY3 » Wed May 5, 2021 1:03 pm

twyzted wrote:
KrAzY3 wrote:
kali323 wrote:MJ never lost a series when he had home court advantage

Can anyone verify this? That sounds pretty damn impressive, but also kind of hard to fathom. Heck, I remember a 66 win LeBron team with home court advantage losing to my Magic team when our second best player was Rashard Lewis, and our third best player was hurt.

Winning every time your team is the favorite would be an astounding feat.

Lost in 85 vs bucks in 1st round as 7th seed
In 86 vs celtics in 1st round as 8th seed
87 vs celtics in 1st round as 8th seed
88 in 2nd round vs 2nd seed pistons as 3rd seed
89 in ecf vs 1st seed pistons as the 6th seed knocked out 3rd and 2nd seed on the way.
90 lost vs 1st seed pistons as 3rd seed.
91 won
92 won
93 won
94 baseball
95 lost in 2nd round vs 1st seed magic as 5th seed
96 won
97 won
98 won

Outside of his rookie season he lost to the team who went to the finals

It makes sense now that I think of it but it's also absolutely insane. The guy never lost when the deck wasn't stacked against him. Why are people here still having a debate?
Creativetran
Senior
And1: 281

Post#137 » by Creativetran » Wed May 5, 2021 1:07 pm

JN61 wrote:Meanwhile Lebron is sitting at 20%. With superior supporting cast and abandoning weaker teams to play on better teams.
Players aren't afraid of Lebron like they were of Jordan
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,657

Post#138 » by stormi » Wed May 5, 2021 1:09 pm

Creativetran wrote:
JN61 wrote:Meanwhile Lebron is sitting at 20%. With superior supporting cast and abandoning weaker teams to play on better teams.

The actions of the Celtics and the 2nd best player of the generation, Kevin Durant say otherwise.

Who was scared of Jordan? Magic who routinely pounded him until he got old and dealt with medical conditions?

Larry Legend who 6-0'd him H2H in playoff series'?

The Bad boy Pistons who beat up on the Bulls for years?

Lol
KrAzY3
Starter
And1: 2,527

Post#139 » by KrAzY3 » Wed May 5, 2021 1:14 pm

stormi wrote:
Creativetran wrote:

The actions of the Celtics and the 2nd best player of the generation, Kevin Durant say otherwise.

LeBron won 0 championships until he formed a super team. Kevin Durant just out super-teamed him, that's all.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#140 » by The Rebel » Wed May 5, 2021 1:23 pm

stormi wrote:
Creativetran wrote:

Who was scared of Jordan? Magic who routinely pounded him until he got old and dealt with medical conditions?

Larry Legend who 6-0'd him H2H in playoff series'?

The Bad boy Pistons who beat up on the Bulls for years?

Lol

LMAO. I notice you only used teams from when Jordan was still learning how to play with his team, while ignoring the fact that the it was Lebron who was scared of the Celtics and that Durant had no choice but to join a super team since Lebron was already on his 2nd super team that he had formed.

Lebron is the neighborhood bully, when someone stands up to him he calls his superstar friends, and if that don't work he whines to the authorities and they help him out. Want proof, go watch the Nuggets Lakers game a couple of nights ago and the way it was reffed.

Jordan was relentless, every time he got beat he worked his ass off and came back better, until nobody could beat him. I don't remember a single time where he went public whining about having to earn a playoff spot or about not getting enough favoritism from the refs.

Return to The General Board