Game 65: San Antonio Spurs (31-32) @ Utah Jazz (46-18)

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,679

Game 65: San Antonio Spurs (31-32) @ Utah Jazz (46-18) 

Post#1 » by Crunch 99 » Mon May 3, 2021 1:39 pm

ESPN GameDay link:
https://www.espn.com/nba/game/_/gameId/401307784

Game preview:
https://www.espn.com/nba/preview?gameId=401307784

Expected San Antonio/Utah lineups at time of this post from Rotowire:
https://www.rotowire.com/basketball/nba-lineups.php

Crunch 99
General Manager

Re: Game 65: San Antonio Spurs (31-32) @ Utah Jazz (46-18) 

Post#2 » by Crunch 99 » Mon May 3, 2021 2:06 pm

The Spurs lost in overtime to the 76ers last night, but they rested DeRozan and Poeltl to get ready to play the Jazz tonight. The Spurs are competing for seeding in the play-in group.

DeRozan is a great mid range shooter who has proven to be a challenging cover for the Jazz over the years. He's averaging 20.9 ppg on 16.65 fga for his career playing against the Jazz.

Go Jazz!
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,942

Post#3 » by ducler » Mon May 3, 2021 8:41 pm

Read on Twitter
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#4 » by tugs » Tue May 4, 2021 3:00 am

Good to see the ball moving and they're opting to find high percentage shots near the rim
Crunch 99
General Manager

Post#5 » by Crunch 99 » Tue May 4, 2021 3:18 am

Nice first half. Bogey set the tone early with drives in the paint. Then he drained two threes later. Hope the Jazz keep up the pressure on the Spurs the second half. Go Jazz!
FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
And1: 2,064

Post#6 » by FJS » Tue May 4, 2021 3:20 pm

I guess I am not contributing, but it's surprising that in the best season in a while, there's no much traffic in those boards... maybe we don't believe in our team?
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,462

Post#7 » by Inigo Montoya » Tue May 4, 2021 6:02 pm

FJS wrote:I guess I am not contributing, but it's surprising that in the best season in a while, there's no much traffic in those boards... maybe we don't believe in our team?

I've watched about 3 full games the whole season. I hardly even check boxscores anymore. I'm watching 2-minute highlights of the games and that's about it. And I don't even miss it. I've lost interest in this team, I think it's safe to say. Maybe it'll come back at some point but that's where things stand at the moment, and maybe I'll share the reasons for that during the offseason. I'll probably watch more closely in the playoffs but I can't say I'm all that interested.

Spoiler:
And yet I'm still in contention for the GTS championship. :lift: :king:
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Cappy_Smurf
Head Coach
And1: 9,623

Post#8 » by Cappy_Smurf » Wed May 5, 2021 12:46 am

FJS wrote:I guess I am not contributing, but it's surprising that in the best season in a while, there's no much traffic in those boards... maybe we don't believe in our team?

Seems to me that a lot of the traffic here has been by fans who like to trash the FO and tell us what a terrible job they've done and how they themselves could do much better. Some people are just happier when there's something to complain about.

It's kind of disappointing that there haven't been many posters here who have given props to Linsanic or admitted that they were wrong about the job they've done in building this team. There's obviously a lot of crow sitting on plates around here just waiting to be eaten.

My guess is that there are a lot of people waiting for Utah to get bumped in the playoffs before they show up again. At that point, they will declare that anything short of a championship is a failure and proof that they were right all along, despite the fact that championships have just as much to do with luck in who is healthy at the right time as they do with how well a team is built. Before that happens, let me just say that any team that has been able to hold the top spot for the majority of the season in a year with so many strong teams has already been a great success. Props to Dennis and Justin for the fantastic year they've just had, regardless of how things play out. :rock:
Dwayne "smells like" Bacon, A.K.A. The Policeman.

Dude needs to wear #50, that way when he's on the fast break, everybody can yell "Here comes five-oh!"
red4hf
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2019-2020
And1: 981

Post#9 » by red4hf » Wed May 5, 2021 1:28 am

Cappy_Smurf wrote:

Seems to me that a lot of the traffic here has been by fans who like to trash the FO and tell us what a terrible job they've done and how they themselves could do much better. Some people are just happier when there's something to complain about.

It's kind of disappointing that there haven't been many posters here who have given props to Linsanic or admitted that they were wrong about the job they've done in building this team. There's obviously a lot of crow sitting on plates around here just waiting to be eaten.

My guess is that there are a lot of people waiting for Utah to get bumped in the playoffs before they show up again. At that point, they will declare that anything short of a championship is a failure and proof that they were right all along, despite the fact that championships have just as much to do with luck in who is healthy at the right time as they do with how well a team is built. Before that happens, let me just say that any team that has been able to hold the top spot for the majority of the season in a year with so many strong teams has already been a great success. Props to Dennis and Justin for the fantastic year they've just had, regardless of how things play out. :rock:

The Jazz coaches and FO definitely deserve a lot of credit....... But for me, watching all the games where it's just a shootout from the 3 point line is just not as fun as previous years, even though this style of play obviously suits these Jazz....... We shall see if it translates in the playoffs.......

Maybe if this team had AK......
@ndrew
Analyst
And1: 198

Post#10 » by @ndrew » Wed May 5, 2021 1:32 am

I enjoy Watching the Jazz. It's all, but not boring. There is always drama and the hustle level is better than previous year. But with all the covid, the season is getting little meaningless and I want to see what we can do in play offs.
TNJazz
Rookie
And1: 431

Post#11 » by TNJazz » Wed May 5, 2021 1:13 pm

I enjoy watching the games. When the Jazz have the total team ball with extra passes and shooting, its a beautiful thing to watch. I'm not into the complete iso type ball that has become the typical NBA game, so to watch a team spot play like a team is fun for me. Now when it doesn't go well, that is frustrating, and to watch them lose to teams like MN that isn't fun. Not sure what the stat is, but its a pretty large number of games where they have been up by over 20 points, simply dominating the league until recently. Hopefully having DM go down as well as Conley has forced them to reevaluate and become even a deeper team that will translate into PO wins. Pops even said that the Jazz are strong and they have done it their way, which isn't how any team has done it, so maybe that is the formula for winning ti all. Everyone knows they don't have the "bonefide superstar, so this team concept may be the new way to win...Sorry to those who don't enjoy watching them, I think they are really entertaining, even when they are up to 20+ and the end of the bench players get some run.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#12 » by tugs » Wed May 5, 2021 1:39 pm

Remember the boring Spurs and Pistons during the early 2000's? Yep, imagine San Antonio ball movement with Rip Hamilton off balls but this time extended to the 3pt range, and of course, elite team defense like both. Championship caliber.

However, Jazz really doesn't have a Tim Duncan or Rasheed Wallace to dump the ball to when the game slows down. Closest they have is Bogey for those low post bully balls and we know Bojan's tendency to lose the ball when he over dribbles

Return to Utah Jazz