Nate Bjorkgren Faces Uncertain Future With Pacers

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Nate Bjorkgren Faces Uncertain Future With Pacers 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed May 5, 2021 2:09 am

The future of Nate Bjorkgren as head coach of the Indiana Pacers is uncertain as the regular season winds down. The Pacers are currently in ninth place in the Eastern Conference with a 30-34 record.

"Bjorkgren has work to do on relationships with key players in his locker room," writes Adrian Wojnarowski.

Bjorkgren also has had difficulties with staff, according to the report.

Bjorkgren "has thus far shown a willingness within the organization to try to address those issues."

The Pacers parted ways with Nate McMillan last year.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

Theo Ratliff
Pro Prospect
And1: 718

Re: Nate Bjorkgren Faces Uncertain Future With Pacers 

Post#2 » by Theo Ratliff » Wed May 5, 2021 3:00 pm

Well to be fair. They did make a big trade early on in the season and Levert hasn't played many games. I think you have to give him at least one more season to see what he can do with that roster. They have a lot of offensive talent but their defense is terrible. They definitely need to make some moves in the offseason.
Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#3 » by Cassius » Wed May 5, 2021 4:52 pm

Theo Ratliff wrote:Well to be fair. They did make a big trade early on in the season and Levert hasn't played many games. I think you have to give him at least one more season to see what he can do with that roster. They have a lot of offensive talent but their defense is terrible. They definitely need to make some moves in the offseason.

Usually, the plan is fire the coach if things don't work, then trade players after that, isn't it? If Orlando was willing to take back Turner, Jonathan Isaac is the exact kind of stretch PF you'd want playing next to Sabonis. Well, Aaron Gordon would have helped, but I advocated for that one years ago.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.
jk31
Rookie
And1: 668

Post#4 » by jk31 » Wed May 5, 2021 5:18 pm

Theo Ratliff wrote:Well to be fair. They did make a big trade early on in the season and Levert hasn't played many games. I think you have to give him at least one more season to see what he can do with that roster. They have a lot of offensive talent but their defense is terrible. They definitely need to make some moves in the offseason.

its not just LeVert who hasn't played much. Turner is out indifinitely, and lots of other players missed games.Besides both Holidays and McConnell, every other rotational player missed at least 10 games this season due to injury.

Return to Wiretap Discussion