Porzingis for Draymond who says no?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,015

Re: Porzingis for Draymond who says no? 

Post#21 » by Mr B » Wed May 5, 2021 4:54 pm

Warriors Analyst wrote:
Mr B wrote:If I’m the Mavs I would prefer Wiseman over Draymond. Dray is reaching the end of his career. I would love him on the Mavs but not for KP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have a guy who is at worst top 10 in the league and you'd prefer Wiseman, who isn't going to be useful in the next two years, over Draymond, who is one of the best playoff performers in his generation?

Who’s top 10 in the league? Dray? Maybe 5 years ago he was close to top 20 but is nowhere near that player now. He does bring veteran leadership which I think the Mavs need but I’d be surprised if Dray is even playing in 2 years. Right now the only team that he has value in is Golden State. Outside of the Bay Area he’s nothing more than an old veteran who is near the end of his career. So yes, I’d prefer the younger big man. If the trade is KP for Dray, I’d rather keep KP.

Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#22 » by Warriors Analyst » Wed May 5, 2021 4:59 pm

Mr B wrote:
Warriors Analyst wrote:
Mr B wrote:If I’m the Mavs I would prefer Wiseman over Draymond. Dray is reaching the end of his career. I would love him on the Mavs but not for KP.

You have a guy who is at worst top 10 in the league and you'd prefer Wiseman, who isn't going to be useful in the next two years, over Draymond, who is one of the best playoff performers in his generation?

Who’s top 10 in the league? Dray? Maybe 5 years ago he was close to top 20 but is nowhere near that player now. He does bring veteran leadership which I think the Mavs need but I’d be surprised if Dray is even playing in 2 years. Right now the only team that he has value in is Golden State. Outside of the Bay Area he’s nothing more than an old veteran who is near the end of his career. So yes, I’d prefer the younger big man. If the trade is KP for Dray, I’d rather keep KP.

I was referring to Luka as someone who is at worst a top 10 player. Draymond would make the Mavs very versatile on defense, he'd provide secondary playmaking for and with Luka, and he'd give them someone to defend AD and Jokic, who are probably going to be in the Mavs' path to the Finals. I really don't see why in the world you'd rather have KP if your goal is to win games. Wanting Wiseman over Draymond is even more insane to me.
parsnips33
Head Coach
And1: 2,598

Post#23 » by parsnips33 » Wed May 5, 2021 5:05 pm

Mr B wrote:
Warriors Analyst wrote:

I don't think it's crazy to want Wiseman but this seems totally wrong on Draymond. Still one of the best defenders in the league, and an extremely high level passer for a guard, let alone a big man. He's not gonna be your leading scorer, but I think he'd make a significant positive impact on pretty much any team and could put a couple over the edge into contender territory
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,745

Post#24 » by gswhoops » Wed May 5, 2021 5:16 pm

To the OP’s question: the Warriors, quickly
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,775

Post#25 » by Texas Chuck » Wed May 5, 2021 7:04 pm

As Dallas I'd want to know the answer to what Draymond thinks. If he thinks how dare they trade me the heart and soul of this dynasty and he's angry and motivated then sign me up. If he thinks this sucks I only like playing with Steph who fits me like a glove unlike Luka and he's going to come and half-ass it like he did last year, then zero interest.

Golden State should obviously have no interest in this at all. If they wanted KP, which I have no reason to think they do, it should be to play with Draymond not replace him. But we had a thread a few weeks ago and most Warriors fans aren't willing to even trade Wiggins straight up for him and I'll assume they won't trade Klay for him as well. Which leaves the only path Wiseman+Oubre S&T for KP but then the Warriors are even more insanely expensive so it seems not worth exploring.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,740

Post#26 » by eminence » Wed May 5, 2021 7:11 pm

I'd do Wiggins for KP, Dray is a no way.
I bought a boat.
Darren
RealGM
And1: 824

Post#27 » by Darren » Thu May 6, 2021 7:13 am

I'd rather have Mo Bamba and Gary Harris with picks considerations. The Mavs should build a young core. I think Orlando is somewhat interested. With Carter being C, KP could offer shooting and additional rim protection. Bamba is still a question mark. Harris is a bit overpaid. But for historical reason, the Mavs want to have Harris, JJ and Chandler around, just for the name sake.

Return to Trades and Transactions