ImageImageImageImage

Cole World: Orlando Magic Select Cole Anthony at #15

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,714

Re: Cole World: Orlando Magic Select Cole Anthony at #15 

Post#1281 » by MoMM » Tue May 4, 2021 2:57 pm

SOUL wrote:Image

Only 11 in whole history? That's bad, really bad!
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#1282 » by Skin » Tue May 4, 2021 4:26 pm

Good news for the Cole lovers. He's gonna be our best player over the next losing era. Yay!
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,271

Post#1283 » by JBSouthpaw » Tue May 4, 2021 4:29 pm

Skin wrote:Good news for the Cole lovers. He's gonna be our best player over the next losing era. Yay!

sure about that?
Next year is going to be a bit different, just like it was when we had a starting line up, but hey if it makes you happy to be this type of poster, go for it!
Skin
RealGM

Post#1284 » by Skin » Tue May 4, 2021 5:24 pm

SOUL wrote:Image

Our new Kobe. PREACH!
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,576

Post#1285 » by basketballRob » Tue May 4, 2021 5:36 pm

Sure some people dislike Cole's percieved personality, but it'll help his brand.

I watched Detroit's broadcast and nearly the whole pregame show was about Cole. It was like they were going up against prime Steve Nash.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
Skin
RealGM

Post#1286 » by Skin » Tue May 4, 2021 5:58 pm

basketballRob wrote:Sure some people dislike Cole's percieved personality, but it'll help his brand.

I watched Detroit's broadcast and nearly the whole pregame show was about Cole. It was like they were going up against prime Steve Nash.

Help his brand? LOL :lol:

So much disgust. Our priorities are all wrong.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,576

Post#1287 » by basketballRob » Tue May 4, 2021 6:11 pm

Skin wrote:
basketballRob wrote:Sure some people dislike Cole's percieved personality, but it'll help his brand.

Help his brand? LOL

So much disgust. Our priorities are all wrong.
That's what you need sometimes to get your team on the map. Maybe get a few more national TV games and possibly better free agents who want to play on that stage.

Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,114

Post#1288 » by Def Swami » Tue May 4, 2021 9:29 pm

All the way here for this energy.
Read on Twitter
jvdas
Sophomore
And1: 88

Post#1289 » by jvdas » Tue May 4, 2021 9:58 pm

I want us to lose as much as possible right now.

But in no way I can be mad at Cole, a guy who gives it all every night, for winning us some of those end of the season games. Come on guys, when was the last time we had a rookie, or a player at all, who seemed to be that amazed playing for the Magic and getting **** done.

He has a competitive mindset and the confidence to be a difference maker. If he can be one in the future, we will see, but we have to appreciate having a dog like him as a rookie on our team. Love his personality, which is emotionally raw but honest. You can't seriously don't like that guy, and I hope he reaches some higher levels in the next years.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,854

Post#1290 » by KillMonger » Wed May 5, 2021 3:46 am

Skin wrote:Cole is not good enough to be thinking "THIS IS MY CITY!!!"

This is a reveal into his true character. He thinks he's better than he is. He thinks he's a star. He couldn't be more wrong about himself. He feels like it's his responsibility and his right is his to jack up shots.

He thinks he's an alpha but he doesn't have the game to be an alpha. That's terrible.

I mean considering what T Ross throws up on the regular it’s par for the course with cole don’t you think?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
nicnac215
Sixth Man
And1: 536

Post#1291 » by nicnac215 » Wed May 5, 2021 3:56 am

Drafting Cole is the best thing to happen to the Magic since drafting Dwight. I am excited for the future. Haters going to hate.
Skin
RealGM

Post#1292 » by Skin » Wed May 5, 2021 5:36 am

KillMonger wrote:

This is a reveal into his true character. He thinks he's better than he is. He thinks he's a star. He couldn't be more wrong about himself. He feels like it's his responsibility and his right is his to jack up shots.

He thinks he's an alpha but he doesn't have the game to be an alpha. That's terrible.

I mean considering what T Ross throws up on the regular it’s par for the course with cole don’t you think?

Par for the course makes it good? Pathetic
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,854

Post#1293 » by KillMonger » Wed May 5, 2021 5:41 am

Skin wrote:
KillMonger wrote:

Par for the course makes it good? Pathetic

that's not what i said, i'm just saying that i'm not sure that's the thing to be mad about on this team....let it slide brodie....plus i mean even CADE said that.....literally cade said Orlando is HIS city....people tend to say those kind of things....he may not be good enough now but he doesn't have to be at 20 years old
paperboymafia
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#1294 » by paperboymafia » Wed May 5, 2021 9:15 am

There's a lot like about Cole, but we're not even out the starting blocks as far as his career is concerned. Best we can do is support him but we really need to learn to take a step back as a fanbase and just let things play out, to enjoy the ride and not assume to know the destination.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#1295 » by drsd » Wed May 5, 2021 10:42 am

nicnac215 wrote:Drafting Cole is the best thing to happen to the Magic since drafting Dwight. I am excited for the future. Haters going to hate.

The maturity differences are stark though:

pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,124

Post#1296 » by pepe1991 » Wed May 5, 2021 8:54 pm

drsd wrote:
nicnac215 wrote:Drafting Cole is the best thing to happen to the Magic since drafting Dwight. I am excited for the future. Haters going to hate.

The maturity differences are stark though:

Maturity level: fighting on twitter he won't let team down and won't tank. Than look at standings and see 21-44 record.
It will be fun in few years when we draft some projected role player and Jalen Green turns into 25 ppg to read comments how career backup Cole Anthony had army of fanboys that tried to convice themselfs that he will "lead" Orlando because it's "his town" :lol:

#MoralVictories2018Again
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,072

Post#1297 » by SOUL » Wed May 5, 2021 8:59 pm

#HatingRookiesSince2016
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#1298 » by drsd » Wed May 5, 2021 9:04 pm

pepe1991 wrote:Maturity level: fighting on twitter he won't let team down and won't tank. Than look at standings and see 21-44 record.
It will be fun in few years when we draft some projected role player and Jalen Green turns into 25 ppg to read comments how career backup Cole Anthony had army of fanboys that tried to convice themselfs that he will "lead" Orlando because it's "his town" :lol:

#MoralVictories2018Again

To be clear, I am much more enthusiastic about Fultz than Anthony. In particular, Fultz can be an elite Pick and Roll player. That is an NBA skill. Anthony for me looks like he could become a really good back-up so far.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,599

Post#1299 » by RookieStar » Wed May 5, 2021 10:41 pm

SOUL wrote:#HatingRookiesSince2016

lol.. but Mario?
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,599

Post#1300 » by RookieStar » Wed May 5, 2021 10:42 pm

drsd wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:Maturity level: fighting on twitter he won't let team down and won't tank. Than look at standings and see 21-44 record.

#MoralVictories2018Again

To be clear, I am much more enthusiastic about Fultz than Anthony. In particular, Fultz can be an elite Pick and Roll player. That is an NBA skill. Anthony for me looks like he could become a really good back-up so far.

I have higher hopes for Fultz than Cole as irrational as it may sound too

Return to Orlando Magic