Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread # 3

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,899

Re: NBA Trade Thread # 3 

Post#1781 » by weneeda2guard » Sat May 1, 2021 8:15 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
sco wrote:What about:

Chi - OUT: Williams, White, Young IN: Grant
DET - OUT: Grant IN: Williams, White, Thompson BOS 1st
BOS - OUT: Thompson, BOS 1st IN: Young

Rolling with Sato [or FA], Lavine, Grant, Theis, Vuc would absolutely thrill me.

Sato is not good so that team would suck with no one to run the offense.

Yea our top priorities this off season is finding play makers at the guard position in the forms of pg and/or combo guards who can handle the ball and distribute.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,639

Post#1782 » by sco » Mon May 3, 2021 2:09 am

Is there a scenario where we can resign both Theis and Markkanen because we have Bird and RFA rights, respectively - then trade Thad plus assets (i.e. Coby and/or Sato) to improve at PG? I really don't want to, but with our limited rights over Theis and Lauri coupled with limited cap room, we may be better off resigning them (because we aren't likely to land a useful FA with our cap space) and using (what I imagine) is some decent trade value for Thad.

For example - Thad for Rubio, straight-up works.
Thad for Brunson/Powell(for $) works.
:clap:
sco
RealGM

Post#1783 » by sco » Tue May 4, 2021 7:55 pm

On a similar note - do we think GS might bite on White/Sato/Thad for Wiggins?
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#1784 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Wed May 5, 2021 7:16 am

What happened with TBJ? No news..
sco
RealGM

Post#1785 » by sco » Wed May 5, 2021 12:55 pm

PrimzyBulls81 wrote:What happened with TBJ? No news..

TBJ = Tank Before June...he has a sprained ankle.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,913

Post#1786 » by ChettheJet » Wed May 5, 2021 5:28 pm

sco wrote:On a similar note - do we think GS might bite on White/Sato/Thad for Wiggins?

Bite? they'd devour that. If even for the cost savings of a couple of years they'd do that.

At the same time it would be a disaster for the Bulls. Correct my depth chart at PG

Arcidiacono Green Dotson

the extreme dream you might have of Lonzo Ball could just as easily blow up in your face
sco
RealGM

Post#1787 » by sco » Wed May 5, 2021 7:40 pm

ChettheJet wrote:
sco wrote:On a similar note - do we think GS might bite on White/Sato/Thad for Wiggins?

Bite? they'd devour that. If even for the cost savings of a couple of years they'd do that.

At the same time it would be a disaster for the Bulls. Correct my depth chart at PG

Arcidiacono Green Dotson

the extreme dream you might have of Lonzo Ball could just as easily blow up in your face

True, but IMO, we should be able to find a player that isn't much of a downgrade using MLE. Maybe a guy like Payton, Teague, Ish, Dellavedova or McConnell would fill the VERY small hole left by White/Sato. With another PG on vet min.

Back to my point...Wiggins has improved a lot, esp on defense, while at GS.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,774

Post#1788 » by WindyCityBorn » Wed May 5, 2021 10:04 pm

sco wrote:
ChettheJet wrote:

Arcidiacono Green Dotson

True, but IMO, we should be able to find a player that isn't much of a downgrade using MLE. Maybe a guy like Payton, Teague, Ish, Dellavedova or McConnell would fill the VERY small hole left by White/Sato. With another PG on vet min.

There is no way in Hell I would trade for Wiggins. He is still one of the worst contracts in the league. He is not even worth $15 million let alone $40 million. He is a name and that's all. And we better do a lot better than at PG or next season will be another disaster and Zach is walking. If we are going to gamble on someone it should be Ball not Wiggins.
sco
RealGM

Post#1789 » by sco » Wed May 5, 2021 10:31 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
sco wrote:
ChettheJet wrote:

Arcidiacono Green Dotson

There is no way in Hell I would trade for Wiggins. He is still one of the worst contracts in the league. He is not even worth $15 million let alone $40 million. He is a name and that's all. And we better do a lot better than at PG or next season will be another disaster and Zach is walking. If we are going to gamble on someone it should be Ball not Wiggins.

I hear you, but I don't see a likely scenario to upgrade at PG. We aren't getting Ball - either NO keeps him because he pulled an anti-Lauri...and showed up or NY gets him because they have more $ (and are a more attractive situation). Maybe we can get Rose, who falls out of the NY need if they get Ball or a guy like Rubio.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,206

Post#1790 » by Michael Jackson » Sat May 8, 2021 5:23 pm

sco wrote:
ChettheJet wrote:

Arcidiacono Green Dotson

Wiggins would regress here I would assume. He still has talent but just is never going to fully utilize it and that contract is just ughhhhhh. I'm not flat out opposed to over paying for a player, you generally have to do that but Wiggins seems like a bad way way to do that.
Am2626
Analyst
And1: 1,005

Post#1791 » by Am2626 » Sun May 9, 2021 1:34 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:
sco wrote:
ChettheJet wrote:

Arcidiacono Green Dotson

Wiggins would regress here I would assume. He still has talent but just is never going to fully utilize it and that contract is just ughhhhhh. I'm not flat out opposed to over paying for a player, you generally have to do that but Wiggins seems like a bad way way to do that.

What’s left on Wiggins contract and what would you want to give up to get him?
sco
RealGM

Post#1792 » by sco » Sun May 9, 2021 1:39 pm

Am2626 wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:
sco wrote:True, but IMO, we should be able to find a player that isn't much of a downgrade using MLE. Maybe a guy like Payton, Teague, Ish, Dellavedova or McConnell would fill the VERY small hole left by White/Sato. With another PG on vet min.

2 more seasons at $32M each. I'd do any combo of Thad, Sato, Aminu, White, Lauri S&T.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,515

Post#1793 » by DuckIII » Sun May 9, 2021 1:50 pm

sco wrote:
ChettheJet wrote:

Arcidiacono Green Dotson

I don’t watch enough GS to know how his defense has improved, but his offense and general production hasn’t improved much if at all. And that’s playing without competing with Klay for shots and playing off of a version of Steph Curry who is drawing about 85% of the defensive attention.

Regardless, now that you mention it this strikes me as exactly the type of superficial “look how much we are improving, we traded for a #1 over-all pick!” type of stuff that would totally fit my sense of what the FO and AK are doing.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
sco
RealGM

Post#1794 » by sco » Sun May 9, 2021 1:57 pm

DuckIII wrote:
sco wrote:
ChettheJet wrote:

Arcidiacono Green Dotson

I don’t watch enough GS to know how his defense has improved, but his offense and general production hasn’t improved much if at all. And that’s playing without competing with Klay for shots and playing off of a version of Steph Curry who is drawing about 85% of the defensive attention.

Regardless, now that you mention it this strikes me as exactly the type of superficial “look how much we are improving, we traded for a #1 over-all pick!” type of stuff that would totally fit my sense of what the FO and AK are doing.

Granted it's GS, still look at his stat improvement... https://www.espn.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/3059319/andrew-wiggins

He's averaging 18ppg, shooting 47% FG%, 38% 3pt% 1Stl 1Blk 1.8TO...all HUGE improvements.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#1795 » by Michael Jackson » Sun May 9, 2021 4:01 pm

sco wrote:
Am2626 wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:

2 more seasons at $32M each. I'd do any combo of Thad, Sato, Aminu, White, Lauri S&T.

It’s back to paying OPJ but someone who is less injured. Wiggins is overpaid, but not as awful as we like to make him out to be. He also doesn’t really move the needle enough... it’s hard to say what I’d trade. Aminu and a S&T Lauri I’m totally fine with, that being said Lauri might be cheaper and add just as much value as Wiggins.
Am2626
Analyst
And1: 1,005

Post#1796 » by Am2626 » Sun May 9, 2021 4:16 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:
sco wrote:
Am2626 wrote:

It’s back to paying OPJ but someone who is less injured. Wiggins is overpaid, but not as awful as we like to make him out to be. He also doesn’t really move the needle enough... it’s hard to say what I’d trade. Aminu and a S&T Lauri I’m totally fine with, that being said Lauri might be cheaper and add just as much value as Wiggins.

Wiggins has all the talent in the world. He just doesn’t have it between the ears which is frustrating and unfortunate. If he ever gets it together he can be a great player.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,515

Post#1797 » by DuckIII » Sun May 9, 2021 6:26 pm

Am2626 wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:
sco wrote:2 more seasons at $32M each. I'd do any combo of Thad, Sato, Aminu, White, Lauri S&T.

Wiggins has all the talent in the world. He just doesn’t have it between the ears which is frustrating and unfortunate. If he ever gets it together he can be a great player.

He has all the run jump athleticism in the world. I don’t see a player who has the skills or instincts to go with it that are required to be “great.”
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#1798 » by Michael Jackson » Mon May 10, 2021 12:42 pm

DuckIII wrote:
Am2626 wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:

He has all the run jump athleticism in the world. I don’t see a player who has the skills or instincts to go with it that are required to be “great.”

He surely doesn’t have the head for the game.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,913

Post#1799 » by ChettheJet » Mon May 10, 2021 2:06 pm

How about looking at something beyond the obvious? Everybody fixates on a PG to distribute and get assists, what if they change their focus for a point forward. This year DeMar DeRozen is averaging 7.1 assists per game. Could Billy's offense run through the SF? White and Lavine lead the team in assists now so they can pass the ball, Vuc high or low can pass the ball, Williams seems capable of moving the ball quickly. Move on from Markkanen, maybe deal or buyout Young and aim for DeRozen. He wouldn't have to carry a big scoring load with Vuc, Zach and Coby he could focus on getting them the ball.
sco
RealGM

Post#1800 » by sco » Mon May 10, 2021 2:14 pm

ChettheJet wrote:How about looking at something beyond the obvious? Everybody fixates on a PG to distribute and get assists, what if they change their focus for a point forward. This year DeMar DeRozen is averaging 7.1 assists per game. Could Billy's offense run through the SF? White and Lavine lead the team in assists now so they can pass the ball, Vuc high or low can pass the ball, Williams seems capable of moving the ball quickly. Move on from Markkanen, maybe deal or buyout Young and aim for DeRozen. He wouldn't have to carry a big scoring load with Vuc, Zach and Coby he could focus on getting them the ball.

Wow...I didn't realize that. I've long advocated the idea of a point-forward as a way to allow us to get better defensive guard to neutralize opponents' better guard.

Return to Chicago Bulls