Post#2 » by Whole Truth » Thu May 6, 2021 1:11 am

First team to play defense, wins.

73-63 half.
Whole Truth
Head Coach
And1: 3,687

Re: Game 65: MEM @ MIN 

Post#3 » by Whole Truth » Thu May 6, 2021 3:05 am

What a performance from Ja & Bane wasn't too bad either.. both came up big in this one.

If I told you both Jonas & Dillon fouled out, Memphis would commit 13 TO's resulting in 24pts off of those turnovers & that Edwards hit 8 of 9 of his three's for 42pts, would you believe me if I said Grizz won?. They shouldn't have.. but Ja.

His 37/10/4/2 potentially saved the season. Doing what real stars do, come up big when it matters. Memphis could have folded twice tonight when Wolves made their 3rd Q run but didn't..

Nice coincidence the 2 players that hurt the Wolves the most were playing with foul trouble & eventually fouled out, lol.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#4 » by Whole Truth » Thu May 6, 2021 11:31 am

If I'm Minnesota, I'd trade Kat for a haul & build around Edwards.

The massive game Edwards had yesterday 42 pts / 6 / 7 / 1 / 1 was complimented by Superstar Kats 22pts on 7-15 shooting. 4 boards & 2 late TO's to help Memphis ice the game.

Talk about Kat being a problem, the response is coaching & teammates are the problem. Edwards says, don't put the blame on me & Minnesota looked pretty well coached but they still couldn't play the necessary defense & when the game mattered, all I can say is I'm glad it was Kat & not Edwards down the stretch with the ball.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#5 » by VCfor3 » Thu May 6, 2021 2:04 pm

Ja did work! Also two great games from Bane in a row. With Allen potentially out I look forward to seeing what Bane does with his hot streak.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#6 » by Whole Truth » Thu May 6, 2021 11:09 pm

VCfor3 wrote:Ja did work! Also two great games from Bane in a row. With Allen potentially out I look forward to seeing what Bane does with his hot streak.

Bane is the teams most consistent threat from 3. Allen is a more streaky player, 4-5 one night, 0-5 the next. With Bane if he misses 2, you know the next one is going in..

The last 2 games also showed why Jenkins is not ready to start Melton. What is it 3 TO;s to 1 assist... Not real numbers but to the point. Melton needs to cleanup his game.

I liked the idea of Bane starting at the onset of the season. With Jonas & Ja drawing the kind of offensive attention they do, Bane only need to find space. Having said that, he's shown more to his game than that which has me hoping he takes that spot from Allen.

Also with Jonas & Ja needing to be a priority on offense, Allen likes to call his number quite a bit where I think that would be better suited off the bench. In the starting lineup with Bane showing more & that he can, he only need fill a role. Hit his open shots, where he's IMO the most consistent threat to do so.

I originally would have gone with Melton but he really needs to cleanup his game.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#7 » by VCfor3 » Fri May 7, 2021 2:18 am

Whole Truth wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:Ja did work! Also two great games from Bane in a row. With Allen potentially out I look forward to seeing what Bane does with his hot streak.

Bane is the teams most consistent threat from 3. Allen is a more streaky player, 4-5 one night, 0-5 the next. With Bane if he misses 2, you know the next one is going in..

The last 2 games also showed why Jenkins is not ready to start Melton. What is it 3 TO;s to 1 assist... Not real numbers but to the point. Melton needs to cleanup his game.

I liked the idea of Bane starting at the onset of the season. With Jonas & Ja drawing the kind of offensive attention they do, Bane only need to find space. Having said that, he's shown more to his game than that which has me hoping he takes that spot from Allen.

Also with Jonas & Ja needing to be a priority on offense, Allen likes to call his number quite a bit where I think that would be better suited off the bench. In the starting lineup with Bane showing more & that he can, he only need fill a role. Hit his open shots, where he's IMO the most consistent threat to do so.

I originally would have gone with Melton but he really needs to cleanup his game.

TOs were a problem when Melton previously started so good call

Return to Memphis Grizzlies