Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: The Washington Football Team Thread 

Post#801 » by Ruzious » Wed May 5, 2021 10:33 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Take one of the 1sts and Ion out, and add in Allen. The savings GB gets should allow them to re-sign Allen fairly easily.

If Washington trades for Rogers, the trade basically has to include either Allen or Scherff - for cap purposes. Allen probably makes more sense for both teams.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
PaulinVA
Sophomore
And1: 89

Post#802 » by PaulinVA » Wed May 5, 2021 10:45 pm

Didn't see an Orioles thread here so I'll say it here:

JOHN MEANS NO-HITTER!!!!

:rockon:
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,925

Post#803 » by tontoz » Wed May 5, 2021 10:49 pm

Dat2U wrote:Cosmi, Brown & Toney were my favorite picks. I'm glad they didn't bite on a mediocre QB prospect just because.

Gives them a chance to go all in on Rodgers or Watson (if his off field situation ever gets resolved)

I am kind of hoping we don't get a QB this year. If we can win 10+ with the guys we have, which is definitely possible, it will open eyes around the league.

Then if Seattle has a bad season......
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man
And1: 594

Post#804 » by BearlyBallin » Thu May 6, 2021 12:06 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#805 » by BearlyBallin » Thu May 6, 2021 1:30 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#806 » by BearlyBallin » Thu May 6, 2021 5:40 am

He says Toney will cross train with the LB.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

~ Confucius about 500 BC
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#807 » by Wizardspride » Thu May 6, 2021 3:30 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#808 » by BearlyBallin » Thu May 6, 2021 5:23 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Who would you rather have McCain, Hooker or Boston? All have pros & cons. Honestly I’m not sure if I want any of them.

~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#809 » by BearlyBallin » Thu May 6, 2021 6:16 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

"The thing that I love is he is a natural athlete," Cooley said. "Like, you watch him at Boise State open his body up and make those go-up-and-get-it type catches... He's a natural, down the field threat, more than people actually think."

~ Confucius about 500 BC
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#810 » by Ruzious » Thu May 6, 2021 6:23 pm

BearlyBallin wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Who would you rather have McCain, Hooker or Boston? All have pros & cons. Honestly I’m not sure if I want any of them.

I think the Skins are lacking an athletic safety - which is why they picked Forrest - and Forrest was just a 5th rounder, so yeah, I'd be interested in Tre Boston - as a fairly cheap option who could thrive on a team with a good pass rush. Hooker's interesting but has been awfully injury-prone, and McCain's another small safety.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#811 » by BearlyBallin » Fri May 7, 2021 12:20 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Interesting...

~ Confucius about 500 BC
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#812 » by gambitx777 » Fri May 7, 2021 4:16 am

You can never have too many linemen
BearlyBallin wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Interesting...

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using RealGM mobile app
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#813 » by Ruzious » Fri May 7, 2021 1:34 pm

BearlyBallin wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Interesting...

I'd think a solid veteran LT like Leno will be in demand and cost a fair amount - can't see the Skins paying him when they just picked Cosmi.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#814 » by gambitx777 » Sun May 9, 2021 8:06 pm

Hmmmm I wonder if we can get rodgers

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using RealGM mobile app
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#815 » by BearlyBallin » Mon May 10, 2021 5:58 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Making room for Kerrigan ? Or one of the 2 visiting today ?

2 open spots now...

~ Confucius about 500 BC
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#816 » by Ruzious » Tue May 11, 2021 7:56 pm

Sad news - ex Skins QB Colt Brennan (not to be confused with Colt McCoy) died at 37. https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/colt-brennan-former-nfl-qb-172406173.html RIP.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#817 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue May 11, 2021 8:34 pm

Ruzious wrote:Sad news - ex Skins QB Colt Brennan (not to be confused with Colt McCoy) died at 37. https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/colt-brennan-former-nfl-qb-172406173.html RIP.

I watched a lot of his games when he was playing at Hawaii. I was surprised he didn’t turn into a decent pro,

He always had other things going on, much of it was kept quiet. He lived a troubled, short life.
Bye bye Beal.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#818 » by Ruzious » Tue May 11, 2021 8:58 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Sad news - ex Skins QB Colt Brennan (not to be confused with Colt McCoy) died at 37. https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/colt-brennan-former-nfl-qb-172406173.html RIP.

I watched a lot of his games when he was playing at Hawaii. I was surprised he didn’t turn into a decent pro,

He always had other things going on, much of it was kept quiet. He lived a troubled, short life.

Yeah, there was some problem at Colorado, but he put up some terrific numbers there and at Hawaii. I remember him lighting it up in preseason with the Skins and hoping he'd get a chance in the regular season. He had a car accident in 2010 that pretty much ended his football career - not fair for a guy who spent most of his life playing football and didn't quite make it to the level he wanted.
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#819 » by BearlyBallin » Wed May 12, 2021 4:02 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

We got lucky. Denver asked him to play RT, but he wanted LT. Denver signed Ryan Pope ... Colts signed Fisher...

We get Leno !!

~ Confucius about 500 BC
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#820 » by Ruzious » Wed May 12, 2021 4:53 pm

BearlyBallin wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

We got lucky. Denver asked him to play RT, but he wanted LT. Denver signed Ryan Pope ... Colts signed Fisher...

We get Leno !!

That certainly helps our depth - allowing the Skins to alternate Lucas and Cosmi between the 2 OT positions. Lucas is probably upset - hopefully he gets over it and realizes he can still compete for the starting LT position. I guess Sadiq Charles moves to guard, and Geron Christian will have to fight for a roster spot.

Return to Washington Wizards