ImageImageImageImageImage

Semi OT: Dame upset...only team with no fans

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,625

Re: Semi OT: Dame upset...only team with no fans 

Post#21 » by Fairview4Life » Fri May 7, 2021 12:16 pm

JN wrote:
rbp246 wrote:
MadDogSHWA wrote:At least we have 1 smart team in the league. With SARS-COV-2 there is no safe distance indoors.
If you're scared stay home. I would gladly go to a game and take the chance that my young healthy body would be fine if I got covid.
I mean 99.95% chance of being nothing more than a sniffle.

Sent from my SM-G950W using RealGM mobile app

99.95% for you or for entire population? Let's say its for entire population. If everyone got Covid in the US, that means only 170,000 people would have more than the sniffles. Given that nearly 600,000 are dead I think your stat has some major issues.

But let's assume its only for young healthy people. We know FVV got hammered good -- we know a number of hockey players on the Canucks got really sick as well. And there have been multiple other. Did they recover -- sure. But to state that only 0.05% of younger people get more than a sniffle is far from accurate as well.

I am fine with slowly moving forward with crowds of 1-4K at games, and want healthier people start to move on but in a responsible fashion given that they can still be givers. That being said I have no time for full of **** statistics.

Letting everyone get infected is also a great way to let the virus mutate into new and potentially more contagious, or deadly, variants.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
MadDogSHWA
General Manager
And1: 5,360

Post#22 » by MadDogSHWA » Fri May 7, 2021 2:26 pm

818 Americans died yesterday. They got the virus from people. Having people indoors right now is just incredibly stupid. I'm glad at least one team is choosing lives over profits.
"Packin' a Yak in the back by the rack" ~ Big Pun (probably)
gei
Sixth Man
And1: 394

Post#23 » by gei » Fri May 7, 2021 4:53 pm

With the level of timidness of Canadians, I can see all US stadiums back to full capacity within the next few months and the Raptors and Jays still playing in the US for the foreseeable future. Sucks.

Personally I'm glad I escaped Toronto for Miami back in January - life is great here. I'm just wondering when Canada will catch up.
mihaic
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,077

Post#24 » by mihaic » Fri May 7, 2021 6:30 pm

rbp246 wrote:
MadDogSHWA wrote:At least we have 1 smart team in the league. With SARS-COV-2 there is no safe distance indoors.
If you're scared stay home. I would gladly go to a game and take the chance that my young healthy body would be fine if I got covid.

I'd punch you if I knew who you were. I know firsthand a 23-y-o who died of it, you ignorant idiot.
MadDogSHWA
General Manager

Post#25 » by MadDogSHWA » Fri May 7, 2021 7:21 pm

mihaic wrote:
rbp246 wrote:

I'd punch you if I knew who you were. I know firsthand a 23-y-o who died of it, you ignorant idiot.

I have a friend who is 31 and has been 'recovered' for about a month. The other day he collapsed and is now on Oxygen.

COVID literally has dozens of long-term side effects. There are many papers and studies published on them. At some point a meta-analysis will be performed and we will be able to tell people there is (random number) a 9% chance of a long term effect.

With many of these side effects there is a 0.5% chance you get it. But take that 0.5 and multiply it by the number of different long term-effects.

For all the talk about the media fear-mongering, they barely talk about the long-term effects.

My friend was telling me he makes toast in the morning and has to sit and catch his breath before he can eat it.

Yet the anti-science crowd wants to call this a 'flu'.
MadDogSHWA
General Manager

Post#26 » by MadDogSHWA » Fri May 7, 2021 7:28 pm

rbp246 wrote:

If you're scared stay home.

I'm going to address this because I see it so much.

I'm a Candian living in Canada and the border is closed. Why would Americans acting stupidly and dangerously make me afraid?

I'm also vaccinated and work from home. In the last 19 years, I haven't missed very many workouts. I have very little reason to be afraid in general least of all due to activity in a foreign country.

Some of us actually care about other people. Some of us actually think about other people.

When a young healthy person goes to an NBA game and gets infected they then spread the virus to more vulnerable populations.

We have to stop community spread and the replication/mutation viral orgy going on in people's bodies.
tdotrep2
RealGM
And1: 25,357

Post#27 » by tdotrep2 » Fri May 7, 2021 7:29 pm

MadDogSHWA wrote:
mihaic wrote:
rbp246 wrote:If you're scared stay home. I would gladly go to a game and take the chance that my young healthy body would be fine if I got covid.

I have a friend who is 31 and has been 'recovered' for about a month. The other day he collapsed and is now on Oxygen.

COVID literally has dozens of long-term side effects. There are many papers and studies published on them. At some point a meta-analysis will be performed and we will be able to tell people there is (random number) a 9% chance of a long term effect.

With many of these side effects there is a 0.5% chance you get it. But take that 0.5 and multiply it by the number of different long term-effects.

For all the talk about the media fear-mongering, they barely talk about the long-term effects.

My friend was telling me he makes toast in the morning and has to sit and catch his breath before he can eat it.

lol aside from not being able to smell or taste anything, i cant tell if i have to use the bathroom. Its hard for me at least.
MadDogSHWA
General Manager

Post#28 » by MadDogSHWA » Fri May 7, 2021 7:31 pm

tdotrep2 wrote:
MadDogSHWA wrote:
mihaic wrote:I'd punch you if I knew who you were. I know firsthand a 23-y-o who died of it, you ignorant idiot.

lol aside from not being able to smell or taste anything, i cant tell if i have to use the bathroom. Its hard for me at least.

That sucks dude. I hope you get that sorted out soon.
tdotrep2
RealGM
And1: 25,357

Post#29 » by tdotrep2 » Fri May 7, 2021 7:32 pm

MadDogSHWA wrote:
tdotrep2 wrote:
MadDogSHWA wrote:

That sucks dude. I hope you get that sorted out soon.

ty, ill be fine tho hopefully everything will clear up.
PRESTIGE
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,142
Location: The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

Post#30 » by PRESTIGE » Fri May 7, 2021 11:50 pm

Lillard always seems to be upset about the wrong things. Complaining about all star votes, recognition, and now fans. Why don’t you complain about running a mediocre 2 PG backcourt for years? Or not getting the personnel to win anything? He seems to not care about winning.

Return to Toronto Raptors