jake_swivel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,079

Re: 20-21 OKC Thunder Regular Season News 

Post#801 » by jake_swivel » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:54 pm

thedoppelganger wrote:
Read on Twitter

Shame on the Celtics for losing to us

I know this isn’t a unique thought, but it really is wild where where the Celtics are now with how set up they were with established talent, young talent, picks, and a good coach.
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,516

Post#802 » by Devilanche » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:00 pm

thedoppelganger wrote:
Read on Twitter

Shame on the Celtics for losing to us

Surprised knicks are that good. They still have cap space this off-season as well I believe.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,284

Post#803 » by Old Man Game » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:07 pm

Devilanche wrote:
Old Man Game wrote:Okay, just looked again, and tankathon shows same odds for all the top 3 worst records. I swear to god it showed sligtly lower the other day (something like 50% for the 3rd worst team). I should have screen grabbed it because I thought it was weird given that all season I've heard the top 3 all had equal odds. Either way, to my original point, Mussato is still wrong insofar as he's telling his readers we want them to have the worst record in the league. That's simply incorrect as any of those 3 worst is equal. Local media misinforming our casuals in the fanbase is a pet peeve of mine.

He’s not wrong .

The percentage odds are the same that we can get Houston pick so long as Houston is amongst the worst 3 teams but the floor of the pick differs .

If Houston is worst , they can fall no further than 5th after the lotto.
If Houston is second worst, they can fall no further than 5th or 6th after the lotto.
If Houston is third worst, they can fall no further than 5th , 6th or 7th.

So if they are the worst and we get their pick it will be 5th pick for sure hence that’s our best outcome.

Okay. That's useful context. I still disagree with it because as I said upthread I don't like them having better odds to keep their pick altogether and thereby have us get some mediocre first from the Heat this year in the mid-late teens. But at least there's an argument for it with the floor of the pick concept you are describing here.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,018

Post#804 » by Dadouv47 » Sat May 1, 2021 12:00 am

Old Man Game wrote:
Devilanche wrote:
Old Man Game wrote:Okay, just looked again, and tankathon shows same odds for all the top 3 worst records. I swear to god it showed sligtly lower the other day (something like 50% for the 3rd worst team). I should have screen grabbed it because I thought it was weird given that all season I've heard the top 3 all had equal odds. Either way, to my original point, Mussato is still wrong insofar as he's telling his readers we want them to have the worst record in the league. That's simply incorrect as any of those 3 worst is equal. Local media misinforming our casuals in the fanbase is a pet peeve of mine.

He’s not wrong .

The percentage odds are the same that we can get Houston pick so long as Houston is amongst the worst 3 teams but the floor of the pick differs .

If Houston is second worst, they can fall no further than 5th or 6th after the lotto.

So if they are the worst and we get their pick it will be 5th pick for sure hence that’s our best outcome.

Okay. That's useful context. I still disagree with it because as I said upthread I don't like them having better odds to keep their pick altogether and thereby have us get some mediocre first from the Heat this year in the mid-late teens. But at least there's an argument for it with the floor of the pick concept you are describing here.

well obviously the best case scenario would have been for them to get like a top 9-10 worst record so we would have 75%+ to get a top 10 pick but we know for more than a month that Houston is gonna end bottom 3 so worst record is the best situation amongst those (even if it sucks to rely so much on a 48%/52% lottery)
Woerzboerg
Sophomore
And1: 71

Post#805 » by Woerzboerg » Sat May 1, 2021 1:15 pm

Old Man Game wrote:
Devilanche wrote:

He’s not wrong .

But there is probably no chance that Houston doesn't end up with a bottom-3 record, and then the chance we get their pick is always the same 47 %. So for us the best is Houston having the worst record.
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#806 » by Old Man Game » Sun May 2, 2021 2:43 am

Woerzboerg wrote:
Old Man Game wrote:
Devilanche wrote:
He’s not wrong .

But there is probably no chance that Houston doesn't end up with a bottom-3 record, and then the chance we get their pick is always the same 47 %. So for us the best is Houston having the worst record.

Right. I got it. You all have educated me more than Joe Musatto did which, no disrespect, but considering you all are anonymous internet commenters and he's credentialed media, is sort of in and of itself an indictment of his work.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#807 » by Dadouv47 » Sun May 2, 2021 2:46 am

Old Man Game wrote:
Woerzboerg wrote:
Old Man Game wrote:

Right. I got it. You all have educated me more than Joe Musatto did which, no disrespect, but considering you all are anonymous internet commenters and he's credentialed media, is sort of in and of itself an indictment of his work.

we are a forum of baketball nerds :lol:

He speaks to random casual fans....
cjmcallist
Sixth Man
And1: 734

Post#808 » by cjmcallist » Wed May 5, 2021 1:10 pm

We're headed towards top 3 odds. Fantastic news.

Anyone else liking Jerome? He's got a long way to go, but his range has been awesome. He also seems to play pretty smart.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#809 » by Dadouv47 » Wed May 5, 2021 4:30 pm

cjmcallist wrote:We're headed towards top 3 odds. Fantastic news.

Anyone else liking Jerome? He's got a long way to go, but his range has been awesome. He also seems to play pretty smart.

I like Jerome. I don't think his ceiling is crazy high (don't think he can be a good starter in this league) but he can shoot and plays with a pretty high BBIQ so wouldn't surprise me if he becomes a very good 6th man or back up PG.

Gonna be so close in the standings between OKC/Orlando/Minny/Cleveland. Still pissed we played SGA in some key games against Minny & Houston but whatever.
CROklahoma
Junior
And1: 130

Post#810 » by CROklahoma » Wed May 5, 2021 7:18 pm

Podcast with Poku.

Says G-League helped him to settle down and concentrate on basketball and find the rhytm, says other offball activities are taking his mind off the ball.

Says coaches give him the freedom to manipulate PnR's and use the at will. Believes he showed he can play decent defense, especially as of late.

Plays positionless on court. Is under 100kg, which is top5 lightest considering height/weight ratio. Says he is looking forward to improve like Durant, considering strenght improvement, not weight. Feels stronger than at the beggining of the season. Believes he will improve a lot in that area.

Had problems adjusting to the speed of the game, so when he got the ball was either to shoot it fast or pass it fast, says he adjusted and feels a lot more comfortable with his shooting now. Will concentrate a lot on shooting in summer. Also mentioned Al who helped him a lot in terms of bigs not needing to rush 3pt shot due to height.

jake_swivel
Bench Warmer

Post#811 » by jake_swivel » Fri May 7, 2021 5:19 pm

Coach D and Baze got into it a little bit last night. D was yelling at him and Baze started clapping really close to D’s face. It was strange.

Not feelin Baze.
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#812 » by Old Man Game » Fri May 7, 2021 7:15 pm

I sure am glad SGA is on this roster so that no matter what happens in the draft our team will be at least watchable next year.
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#813 » by Old Man Game » Fri May 7, 2021 10:20 pm

jake_swivel wrote:Coach D and Baze got into it a little bit last night. D was yelling at him and Baze started clapping really close to D’s face. It was strange.

Not feelin Baze.

I wasn't clear whether they were arguing or whether he was trying to pump him up. It looked angry at first but as I watched it again Baze appears to be nodding "yes" before the clapping almost like, 'heck yeah.'
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer

Post#814 » by jake_swivel » Sat May 8, 2021 12:16 am

Old Man Game wrote:I wasn't clear whether they were arguing or whether he was trying to pump him up. It looked angry at first but as I watched it again Baze appears to be nodding "yes" before the clapping almost like, 'heck yeah.'

Heh, but D is shaking his and continuing to yell while Baze nods. Seems like D says Baze is playing soft and needs to play harder, just lip reading.

It’s probably not a big deal. I didn’t even watch the game, but I didn’t see anyone mention it here.

Weird year for Baze. Gotta be rough going from competing in the playoffs to this.
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#815 » by Old Man Game » Sat May 8, 2021 12:29 pm

jake_swivel wrote:
Old Man Game wrote:I wasn't clear whether they were arguing or whether he was trying to pump him up. It looked angry at first but as I watched it again Baze appears to be nodding "yes" before the clapping almost like, 'heck yeah.'

Heh, but D is shaking his and continuing to yell while Baze nods. Seems like D says Baze is playing soft and needs to play harder, just lip reading.

It’s probably not a big deal. I didn’t even watch the game, but I didn’t see anyone mention it here.

Weird year for Baze. Gotta be rough going from competing in the playoffs to this.

NBA players aren't famous for enjoying being yelled at. It'll be interesting to see how his style wears on guys. He's not Greg Popovich, and these (mostly) aren't D Leaguers.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,168

Post#816 » by ThunderBolt » Sat May 8, 2021 2:05 pm

Old Man Game wrote:
jake_swivel wrote:

NBA players aren't famous for enjoying being yelled at. It'll be interesting to see how his style wears on guys. He's not Greg Popovich, and these (mostly) aren't D Leaguers.

If it were Shai or Horford then I would view it completely differently. Bazley needs tough love if he's going to stick around the league.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#817 » by Dadouv47 » Sun May 9, 2021 6:53 pm

Read on Twitter

I don't like this.
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer

Post#818 » by jake_swivel » Sun May 9, 2021 8:35 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I don't like this.

The Sacramento Something Or Others vs. The Oklahoma City Also-Rans

It's a must see result. Don't miss this boxscore.
thedoppelganger
Senior
And1: 499

Post#819 » by thedoppelganger » Mon May 10, 2021 6:37 pm

What’s better for us - a 5 way tie for 2nd or a 3 way tie for 3rd? I’d guess 2nd but no idea how to project those odds. Crazy that so many teams are going to end up tied/this close.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,947

Post#820 » by slick_watts » Mon May 10, 2021 7:04 pm

we're now a bottom 12 team of all time by srs, with the 10th worst offense ever.

it's a pity that we couldn't go the whole season like this. we would have set records. what an epic tank job, the boston win notwithstanding. sam presti deserves a round of applause.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder