ImageImageImageImageImage

Playoff Paul George Mega-thread

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,692

Re: Playoff Paul George Mega-thread 

Post#41 » by madmaxmedia » Thu May 6, 2021 4:27 pm

Paul George said he was happy when they traded for Rondo, for the very reason that he wouldn't have to initiate the offense as much, and could focus more on the things he can do best. Same goes for Kawhi, who has been calling on the FO to get a point guard. I think Paul George would like nothing better than get more 'downhill' type opportunities- high post, good iso's, open 3 point looks, etc. Neither Kawhi nor Paul George are ideal guys to initiate the half-court offense for different reasons, but they were largely the best we had.

I don't think Paul George and Kawhi are a bad combo at all, if not a 100% ideal complementary pairing. I think the bigger problem is we haven't had a true starting caliber point guard. We still don't, since Rondo is declining (though still crafty) and can't be counted on for starter's minutes. Given Kawhi's ultimatum when he came here, I would still do the Paul George trade any day of the week (although giving up one less first rounder would have really helped.) It's some of the other personnel mistakes that we've made that have really hampered our ability to round out the supporting cast we've needed, so we always end up trying to squeeze water out of rocks in the offseason and trade deadline.

I think if you go by season averages and consider his defense, Paul George is giving us Tier 1 production this year. But season averages are only that, and because of his inconsistency he is not a Tier 1 player.

As far as max salaries go, I'd say even many tier 3 players who receive max contracts are arguably not overpaid. Just about every single team in the NBA would like to sign 2 stars to max contracts and then allocate the rest to round out the starters and bench, too bad demand way outstrips supply. If you have a superstar on a rookie contract or a generational guy on a max contract, you have a huge advantage over the rest of the league. For everyone else it's basically a zero-sum game where you have to scratch and claw just to keep up, as well as find every little edge you can get.

Given all that I'm pretty happy having Kawhi Leonard and Paul George as our cornerstone players. The main downside to me is that we've only got a couple of really prime years left in their careers.
Scoundreldays
Veteran
And1: 2,223

Post#42 » by Scoundreldays » Thu May 6, 2021 8:14 pm

Let's go PG! Go off like on opening night. *raises hands for PG13 spirit bomb*
RingColluder
Pro Prospect
And1: 240

Post#43 » by RingColluder » Thu May 6, 2021 10:21 pm

madmaxmedia wrote:Paul George said he was happy when they traded for Rondo, for the very reason that he wouldn't have to initiate the offense as much, and could focus more on the things he can do best. Same goes for Kawhi, who has been calling on the FO to get a point guard. I think Paul George would like nothing better than get more 'downhill' type opportunities- high post, good iso's, open 3 point looks, etc. Neither Kawhi nor Paul George are ideal guys to initiate the half-court offense for different reasons, but they were largely the best we had.

I don't think Paul George and Kawhi are a bad combo at all, if not a 100% ideal complementary pairing. I think the bigger problem is we haven't had a true starting caliber point guard. We still don't, since Rondo is declining (though still crafty) and can't be counted on for starter's minutes. Given Kawhi's ultimatum when he came here, I would still do the Paul George trade any day of the week (although giving up one less first rounder would have really helped.) It's some of the other personnel mistakes that we've made that have really hampered our ability to round out the supporting cast we've needed, so we always end up trying to squeeze water out of rocks in the offseason and trade deadline.

I think if you go by season averages and consider his defense, Paul George is giving us Tier 1 production this year. But season averages are only that, and because of his inconsistency he is not a Tier 1 player.

As far as max salaries go, I'd say even many tier 3 players who receive max contracts are arguably not overpaid. Just about every single team in the NBA would like to sign 2 stars to max contracts and then allocate the rest to round out the starters and bench, too bad demand way outstrips supply. If you have a superstar on a rookie contract or a generational guy on a max contract, you have a huge advantage over the rest of the league. For everyone else it's basically a zero-sum game where you have to scratch and claw just to keep up, as well as find every little edge you can get.

Given all that I'm pretty happy having Kawhi Leonard and Paul George as our cornerstone players. The main downside to me is that we've only got a couple of really prime years left in their careers.

And yes it started great and then for some reason despite Rondo being here, PG in recent games continued to STILL try to be a playmaker. We don't need it!! Have T Mann, Bev, or Rondo have the ball. Why does Paul feel the need to have the ball so much when all he's doing is dribbling for 20 seconds?

Since Phoenix game: 5 TO's 4 assists
4 TO's 3 assists
7 TO's 4 assists
3 TO's 3 assists
3 TO's 3 assists
3 TO's 5 assists
7 TO's 5 assists
5 TO's 8 assists

We don't need it! No player should have that many turnovers, let alone be close to averaging as many TO's to assists a game.

Compare that in the same stretch to Kawhi who is not "looking to pass" but simply finds the open man when available:
6 assists 1 TO
8 assists 3 TO
8 assists 2 TO
7 assists 1 TO
8 assists 2 TO
4 assists 2 TO

--
I agree, If you by stats, PG is giving us tier 1 production, but his inconsistencies make him tier 3.

Like I said, the issue w PG at a max contract is he's a bad fit for Kawhi. He's a fine max player on bad teams like the Timberwolves who need a scoring forward or ironically the current Pacers, but on a team like the Clippers or Nets he is a flawed exposed player. His ball stopping and cap space would be a disaster for the Nets as the 3rd member of their big 3 (although if he took a backseat and the K Love spot it actually might work, but he's not that type of player).

I'm very happy with Kawhi. Paul George needs to prove he can do something when it matters for the first time in his career.
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 978

Post#44 » by clipperlover » Fri May 7, 2021 12:28 am

RingColluder wrote:
4 TO's 3 assists
7 TO's 4 assists
3 TO's 3 assists
3 TO's 3 assists
3 TO's 5 assists
7 TO's 5 assists
5 TO's 8 assists

More fake news.

We played Phoenix 1/3/2021, 4/8/2021 and 4/28/2021, so the 4/08/2021 game must be the reference point:
HOU - Did not Dress
DET - 3 Rbs, 9 asts, 1 Stl, 0 Blocks, 2 TOs - 7-7 FT - Not in the list above
IND - 7 Rbs, 8 asts, 2 Stls, 0 Blks, 5 TOs - 6-6 FT - In the list above
DET - Inactive
PHI - 9 Rbs, 6 Asts, 1 Stl, 2 Blks, 7 TOs, 5-7 FT - Not in the list above
MIN - 7 Rbs, 5 Asts, 2 Stls, 1 Blk, 3 TOs, 1-2 FT - In the list above
POR - 11 Rbs, 3 Asts, 2 Stls, 0 Blks, 3 TOs, 5-6 FT - In the list above
MEM - Inactive
HOU - 14 Rbs, 4 asts, 2 Stls, 0 Blks, 7 TOs, 10-10 FT - In the list above
NOP - 3 Rbs, 3 Asts, 0 Stls, 1 Blk, 4 TOs, 2-2 FT - In the list above
PHO - 10 Rbs, 4 Asts, 3 Stls, 0 Blks, 5 TOs, 4-6 FT - In the List above
DEN - 7 Rbs, 2 Asts, 1 Stl, 0 Blk, 0 TOs, 7-11 FT - Not in the list above
TOR - 9 Rbs, 4 Asts, 0 Stls, 1 Blk, 2 TOs, 4-4 FT - Not in the list above

By my count, that is 60% accuracy.
Not only are the numbers partially fabricated, but limiting the numbers to two categories doesn't even show his overall contributions.

Some other items from that stretch of games he played:
1. 0 games were he failed to record at least a block or a steal
2. 60% of those games he had at least 2 blocks or 2 stls.
3. 80% of those games he had at least 7 rbs.
4. 3 double-doubles
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#45 » by RingColluder » Fri May 7, 2021 1:12 am

clipperlover wrote:
RingColluder wrote:
4 TO's 3 assists
7 TO's 4 assists
3 TO's 3 assists
3 TO's 3 assists
3 TO's 5 assists
7 TO's 5 assists
5 TO's 8 assists

More fake news.

We played Phoenix 1/3/2021, 4/8/2021 and 4/28/2021, so the 4/08/2021 game must be the reference point:
HOU - Did not Dress
DET - Inactive
MEM - Inactive

Not only are the numbers partially fabricated, but limiting the numbers to two categories doesn't even show his overall contributions.

4. 3 double-doubles

What in the world are you talking about? :lol: :lol: :lol:

The 4/28 Suns game: Paul George 5 TO's 4 assists

You can't bother to spend a second looking at a game from a week ago to check, come on man :lol:
Or you just refuse to believe watching the Suns 4/28 game that PG had 5 TO's and only 4 assists? I'm not sure which it is...

Also "fake news"? Not the political slogan I'd be going with but I digress..
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#46 » by RingColluder » Fri May 7, 2021 3:09 am

PG only took TWO shots in the first quarter to focus on other aspects and surprise surprise! It worked out great. And it allowed him to play more freely in the 2nd quarter.

This is the way. Not 6 shots in the first quarter AND constant playing P.
clipperlover
Rookie

Post#47 » by clipperlover » Fri May 7, 2021 3:33 pm

RingColluder wrote:
clipperlover wrote:
RingColluder wrote:
4 TO's 3 assists
7 TO's 4 assists
3 TO's 3 assists
3 TO's 3 assists
3 TO's 5 assists
7 TO's 5 assists
5 TO's 8 assists

More fake news.

HOU - Did not Dress
DET - Inactive
MEM - Inactive

4. 3 double-doubles

You can't bother to spend a second looking at a game from a week ago to check, come on man :lol:
Or you just refuse to believe watching the Suns 4/28 game that PG had 5 TO's and only 4 assists? I'm not sure which it is...

I caught my mistake and went back within a few minutes of posting and updated. 60% accuracy is still a failing grade.

However, I am completely confused. As of the post, there had only been 2 games "Since Phoenix", not 7. So, the "Since Phoenix" must have been the 4/8 game where PG had 3 Asts and 1 TO in order to get the number of games listed.

You said I "can't bother to spend a second looking at a game from a week ago to check". I guess I must have overlooked a the number as I was providing an accurate list of the games "Since Phoenix". I also placed the games in "consecutive" order rather than just randomly tossing numbers out there.

I think I am just going to start grabbing numbers from anywhere and posting them to make arguments and expecting no one to question them. I might as well jump into the "fake news" also.
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#48 » by RingColluder » Fri May 7, 2021 6:59 pm

clipperlover wrote:
RingColluder wrote:
clipperlover wrote:
More fake news.

HOU - Did not Dress
DET - Inactive
MEM - Inactive

4. 3 double-doubles

I caught my mistake and went back within a few minutes of posting and updated. 60% accuracy is still a failing grade.

However, I am completely confused. As of the post, there had only been 2 games "Since Phoenix", not 7. So, the "Since Phoenix" must have been the 4/8 game where PG had 3 Asts and 1 TO in order to get the number of games listed.

You said I "can't bother to spend a second looking at a game from a week ago to check". I guess I must have overlooked a the number as I was providing an accurate list of the games "Since Phoenix". I also placed the games in "consecutive" order rather than just randomly tossing numbers out there.

I think I am just going to start grabbing numbers from anywhere and posting them to make arguments and expecting no one to question them. I might as well jump into the "fake news" also.

You shouldn't accuse people of things when you couldn't bother to look back at a game 2 games ago OR realize PG had 5 TO's and 4 assists that game. Since you do seem to be one of his biggest fans here :wink: :wink:

Are you ok? You can literally go to Paul George's ESPN stats page and look at it. It's right there in front of you. Nothing about this is "random" I literally spelled out the matchups in order it happened. You're literally using the phrase "Since Phoenix" to justify your delusions when it's all RIGHT ON THE PAGE :lol: :lol: :lol: Goodness..

The 4/28-4/16 games "Since Phoenix". Phoenix, NO, Hou, etc.. Didn't realize I have to spell it out for some people but ok that's cool too. :)

Keep backtracking my man! :lol:
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#49 » by TheNewEra » Fri May 7, 2021 8:14 pm

Getting turnovers under control are key
clipperlover
Rookie

Post#50 » by clipperlover » Fri May 7, 2021 8:33 pm

RingColluder wrote:
clipperlover wrote:I caught my mistake and went back within a few minutes of posting and updated. 60% accuracy is still a failing grade.

You shouldn't accuse people of things when you couldn't bother to look back at a game 2 games ago OR realize PG had 5 TO's and 4 assists that game. Since you do seem to be one of his biggest fans here :wink: :wink:

Are you ok? You can literally go to Paul George's ESPN stats page and look at it. It's right there in front of you. Nothing about this is "random" I literally spelled out the matchups in order it happened. You're literally using the phrase "Since Phoenix" to justify your delusions when it's all RIGHT ON THE PAGE :lol: :lol: :lol: Goodness..

The 4/28-4/16 games "Since Phoenix". Phoenix, NO, Hou, etc.. Didn't realize I have to spell it out for some people but ok that's cool too. :)

Love this. Great diversion tactics.
https://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/4251/paul-george
https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/georgpa01/gamelog/2021

Please compare to the numbers I posted and the numbers you posted and explain where I posted the incorrect numbers. I even bolded them. Where is the 9 Asts , 2 TO games vs Det on 4/11 (first game after the Suns game)?

Do I need to take the NBA, ESPN and Pro basketball reference stats and toss them in a Pivot table for you, Fonzie?

Since: in the intervening period between (the time mentioned) and the time under consideration, typically the present.
Pevious: existing or occurring before in time or order.
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#51 » by RingColluder » Fri May 7, 2021 8:40 pm

clipperlover wrote:
RingColluder wrote:
clipperlover wrote:I caught my mistake and went back within a few minutes of posting and updated. 60% accuracy is still a failing grade.

Love this. Great diversion tactics.
https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/georgpa01/gamelog/2021

Please compare to the numbers I posted and the numbers you posted and explain where I posted the incorrect numbers. I even bolded them. Where is the 9 Asts , 2 TO games vs Det on 4/11 (first game after the Suns game)?

Do I need to take the NBA, ESPN and Pro basketball reference stats and toss them in a Pivot table for you, Fonzie?

Since: in the intervening period between (the time mentioned) and the time under consideration, typically the present.
Pevious: existing or occurring before in time or order.

You literally lied about a game that happened a week ago to try to discredit me :lol: :lol: Or you're too out of pocket to even consider PG could have a 5 turnover game. Good try buddy.

If I said your instead of you're I'm sure you'd go on another rampage of attacks :lol: Keep going man it's very entertaining
clipperlover
Rookie

Post#52 » by clipperlover » Fri May 7, 2021 9:11 pm

RingColluder wrote:
You literally lied about a game that happened a week ago to try to discredit me :lol: :lol: Or you're too out of pocket to even consider PG could have a 5 turnover game. Good try buddy.

If I said your instead of you're I'm sure you'd go on another rampage of attacks :lol: Keep going man it's very entertaining

What are you talking about?

I lied about a game? In the list I posted, I gave the point of reference date, listed every game and the stats from those games. I also listed the games in that list that were not in your list.

You used the word "since" and then posted stats that included the "since"game, presented the list in descending order with the "since" qualifier, was devoid of the opponent, and contains inaccuracies (e.g. added a game of 7 asts and 5 TOs when there is no such game, included a second 3 asts, 3 TO game that didn't exist). You previously "before" said PG had 5 consecutive 1st round exists when that was also completey inaccurate.

I am not discrediting you, I posted the actual stats. Please point out in what I posted that is incorrect and i will gladly fix it. I updated my original post to fix an initial error. However, the post you quoted shows the corrected information.
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#53 » by RingColluder » Fri May 7, 2021 9:15 pm

clipperlover wrote:
RingColluder wrote:

What are you talking about?

I lied about a game? In the list I posted, I gave the point of reference date, listed every game and the stats from those games. I also listed the games in that list that were not in your list.

You used the word "since" and then posted stats that included the "since"game, presented the list in descending order with the "since" qualifier, was devoid of the opponent, and contains inaccuracies (e.g. added a game of 7 asts and 5 TOs when there is no such game, included a second 3 asts, 3 TO game that didn't exist). You previously "before" said PG had 5 consecutive 1st round exists when that was also completey inaccurate.

I am not discrediting you, I posted the actual stats. Please point out in what I posted that is incorrect and i will gladly fix it. I updated my original post to fix an initial error. However, the post you quoted shows the corrected information.

You're arguing semantics. Jesus Christ dude you're saying I'm, "Completely inaccurate" when PG had 4 consecutive 1st round exists, and I said the 5 consecutive first round exists (excluding the Nuggets series which makes it FOUR). That's ridiculous.

And what is your point about PG? He's a good playmaker? The Second 3, 3 TO was a typo, the 7 and 5 refers to the Rockets game which is a 7 and 4 even WORSE which I messed up when typing. You won't report on that? LMAO These aren't lies, it's just you looking blatantly ridiculous. Thank you for correcting me bc I somehow gave an extra assist to PG when he didn't have one in that Rockets game.

Again HERE are the stats we can go even closer to today since it continues to prove it's point Lakers game 5/6 to Philly game 4/16:

5 TO's 5 Assists
2 TO 4 assists
0 TO's 2 assists
5 TO's 4 assists
4 TO's 3 assists
7 TO's 4 assists
3 TO's 3 assists
3 TO's 5 assists
7 TO's 6 Assists

The more you write the worse you keep looking. These are AWFUL stats.

clipperlover
Rookie

Post#54 » by clipperlover » Sat May 8, 2021 12:24 am

RingColluder wrote:

And what is your point about PG? He's a good playmaker? The Second 3, 3 TO was a typo, the 7 and 5 refers to the Rockets game which is a 7 and 4 even WORSE which I messed up when typing. You won't report on that? LMAO These aren't lies, it's just you looking blatantly ridiculous. Thank you for correcting me bc I somehow gave an extra assist to PG when he didn't have one in that Rockets game.

Again HERE are the stats we can go even closer to today since it continues to prove it's point Lakers game 5/6 to Philly game 4/16:

5 TO's 5 Assists
2 TO 4 assists
0 TO's 2 assists
5 TO's 4 assists
4 TO's 3 assists
7 TO's 4 assists
3 TO's 3 assists
3 TO's 5 assists
7 TO's 6 Assists

The 7 TO, 5 Asts Houston game was in the list. The 7 TO, 4 Ast game you listed would actually be the 7 TO, 6 Ast Philly game (according to your descending order of games).

The only point I was making is that your stats were incorrect again. It is like when a news story is pushed out there as the hot topic. When the story ends up false, the news quietly posts a retraction, but it doesn't show up on in their headlines. They never take responsibility for the original story.

All you had to do was acknowledge that your information was incorrect or explain where you got it. Now, people will have to double check the numbers you post.

On a different note, dig deeper into the stats. PG has 13 games this year with 5 or more turnovers. Here are his averages for those games (https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/georgpa01/gamelog/2021):
28.7pts, 7.4 rbs, 5.7 asts, 1.8 stls, .6 blks, 5.5 TOs, 51% FG (~10.2/19.8 per game), 47% 3PT (~3.8/8.3), 89% FT (~4.5/5.1)

Clips 45-22 67% winning %
Clips 36-15 71% winning % with PG.
Clips 27-11 71% winning % when PG has less than 5 TOs
Clips 9-4 69% winning % when PG has 5 or more turnovers.
Clips 9-7 56% winning % when PG is out

Read those numbers however you wish. I'll let everyone decide what they think those numbers say about his turnovers.

Here are his stats in the 2 games he had 7 TOs (Clips 1-1):
35 pts, 11.5 rbs, 5 asts, 1.5 stls, 1 blk, 7 TOs, 43% FG (~12/28 per game), 32% 3PT (~3.5/11), 88% FT (~7.5/8.5)
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#55 » by RingColluder » Sat May 8, 2021 12:37 am

clipperlover wrote:
RingColluder wrote:

5 TO's 5 Assists
2 TO 4 assists
0 TO's 2 assists
5 TO's 4 assists
4 TO's 3 assists
7 TO's 4 assists
3 TO's 3 assists
3 TO's 5 assists
7 TO's 6 Assists

The 7 TO, 5 Asts Houston game was in the list. The 7 TO, 4 Ast game you listed would actually be the 7 TO, 6 Ast Philly game (according to your descending order of games).

The only point I was making is that your stats were incorrect again. It is like when a news story is pushed out there as the hot topic. When the story ends up false, the news quietly posts a retraction, but it doesn't show up on in their headlines. They never take responsibility for the original story.

All you had to do was acknowledge that your information was incorrect or explain where you got it. Now, people will have to double check the numbers you post.

On a different note, dig deeper into the stats. PG has 13 games this year with 5 or more turnovers. Here are his averages for those games (https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/georgpa01/gamelog/2021):
28.7pts, 7.4 rbs, 5.7 asts, 1.8 stls, .6 blks, 5.5 TOs, 51% FG (~10.2/19.8 per game), 47% 3PT (~3.8/8.3), 89% FT (~4.5/5.1)

Clips 45-22 67% winning %
Clips 36-15 71% winning % with PG.
Clips 27-11 71% winning % when PG has less than 5 TOs
Clips 9-4 69% winning % when PG has 5 or more turnovers.
Clips 9-7 56% winning % when PG is out

Read those numbers however you wish. I'll let everyone decide what they think those numbers say about his turnovers.

Here are his stats in the 2 games he had 7 TOs (Clips 1-1):
35 pts, 11.5 rbs, 5 asts, 1.5 stls, 1 blk, 7 TOs, 43% FG (~12/28 per game), 32% 3PT (~3.5/11), 88% FT (~7.5/8.5)

There was total failure to research your own information on Paul George's recent Suns game and instead jumped to false accusations. Absolutely no basis to attack like this and attempt to derail the thread.
clipperlover
Rookie

Post#56 » by clipperlover » Sat May 8, 2021 8:38 am

RingColluder wrote:
There was total failure to research your own information on Paul George's recent Suns game and instead jumped to false accusations. Absolutely no basis to attack like this and attempt to derail the thread.

I guess we are all supposed to just take your word for it. No questioning the data posted.

What false accusations? I did research the Suns game and many others. I posted the data for those games and even pointed out the opponent those games were against.

I added some additional context to the numbers for all to see. I don't see where you made any comments about those stats. Does having a more holistic view of his data for these games create a problem? Does it make it look like maybe his turnovers might be a result of playing more aggressively?

I wonder if there is any correlation between the lower assist games and other factors. What was the shooting % of his teammates? It takes another person to put the ball in the basket to get an assist. So, did he just stop passing to people or were people missing shots?

Maybe I should look at his career turnover numbers and compare to this year. Are they up? Yes they are by .7/gm. But wait, his assists are at a career high and 1.7 above his career average. Disregard though he just has anecdotally low assist numbers.

I guess I could look at who leads the Clippers in defensive rebounds or who draws the tough defensive assignments. Those aspects of the game are meaningless though only assists and turnovers matter.

Should I look at how PGs numbers compare to other players in similar situations? Nah, it just isn't worth it: PG Sucks
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#57 » by RingColluder » Sat May 8, 2021 8:47 am

clipperlover wrote:
RingColluder wrote:

I guess we are all supposed to just take your word for it. No questioning the data posted.

What false accusations? I did research the Suns game and many others. I posted the data for those games and even pointed out the opponent those games were against.

I added some additional context to the numbers for all to see. I don't see where you made any comments about those stats. Does having a more holistic view of his data for these games create a problem? Does it make it look like maybe his turnovers might be a result of playing more aggressively?

I wonder if there is any correlation between the lower assist games and other factors. What was the shooting % of his teammates? It takes another person to put the ball in the basket to get an assist. So, did he just stop passing to people or were people missing shots?

Maybe I should look at his career turnover numbers and compare to this year. Are they up? Yes they are by .7/gm. But wait, his assists are at a career high and 1.7 above his career average. Disregard though he just has anecdotally low assist numbers.

I guess I could look at who leads the Clippers in defensive rebounds or who draws the tough defensive assignments. Those aspects of the game are meaningless though only assists and turnovers matter.

Should I look at how PGs numbers compare to other players in similar situations? Nah, it just isn't worth it: PG Sucks

You wrote: "More fake news.

We played Phoenix 1/3/2021, 4/8/2021 and 4/28/2021, so the 4/08/2021 game must be the reference point:"

The game referenced at the time was a week before, 100% accurate and yet you called it "Fake news" starting off your lies on totally accurate numbers just like you did previously making personal attacks and false accusations.

At this point it's baiting. I mistakenly gave Paul George an extra assist (which actually improved his numbers), and wrote "3 rebounds 3 assists" twice by accident. And you said bc I said PG had 5 consecutive first round exits (excluding the Nuggets serieS) I was "fake news" since it was actually 4 consecutive exits.

I don't go around making personal attacks at other posters since the mods intervention but guess the memo wasn't gotten.

Cut it out. Now. This is my last post to you.
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#58 » by RingColluder » Sat May 8, 2021 11:08 pm

Since there is a discussion on PG/Trez chemistry issues last season, decided to move it here to avoid making the GT thread into a discussion surrounding that: From the Athletic article.

"Teammates had a level of acceptance of Leonard’s preferential treatment, as his status as a two-time champion and two-time Finals MVP — the then-reigning Finals MVP, at that — was indisputable.

But George’s treatment was more of an issue within the locker room, league sources said. George, while a perennial All-Star and All-NBA candidate, didn’t carry the same cachet with his teammates. There was a sentiment among certain teammates of, “What have you accomplished in the playoffs?” multiple league sources said."

In the first-round series versus Dallas, Williams and George exchanged expletives amid a heated disagreement about accountability, league sources said. In the Denver series, George and Harrell got into a verbal spat during a timeout in Game 2, as Yahoo Sports first reported.
George’s comments to the media about the team still being in the “driver’s seat” after losing Game 6 to Denver didn’t go over well with his teammates, league sources said. It was made worse by George and Jackson openly sulking together in the locker room over their poor performances, which rubbed some teammates the wrong way throughout the playoffs.

During Game 7, several players felt George (10 points on 4-of-16 shooting, four rebounds, two assists, one steal and one block in 38 minutes) didn’t play with the type of effort or sense of urgency that matched his public comments.
“It looked like he was coasting the entire game,” one league source said. “He looked like he was floating.”

Afterward, his impassioned speech to his teammates about bouncing back and returning next season rang hollow, as The Athletic’s Shams Charania reported on Sept. 21.

The team’s Game 7 blowout loss confirmed to some around the Clippers that there was a front-runner quality to the team, in that they could trash-talk and jeer when they were ahead — like when Damian Lillard missed two free throws in a seeding game to cost the Trail Blazers — but that the team was hanging by a thread when it was behind, ready to crumble.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,883

Post#59 » by esqtvd » Sat May 8, 2021 11:22 pm

Beverley has cut the crap too. Bigtime.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Scoundreldays
Veteran
And1: 2,223

Post#60 » by Scoundreldays » Sun May 9, 2021 6:18 pm