ImageImageImageImageImage

Woj: Bjorkgren could be on the outs with Indy

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

gojoorange
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,081

Re: Woj: Bjorkgren could be on the outs with Indy 

Post#181 » by gojoorange » Sat May 8, 2021 6:51 am

I really hope this reporter did their due diligence on this. This is a Colangelo level career ruiner if he gets fired.

It is strange that none of the players besides Warren have come out in Nate’s defense.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,830

Post#182 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sat May 8, 2021 11:10 pm

Being under stress and having "a worrying mental state" are two different things. Expectations for the Pacers might have been just too high post Oladipo. They need Collison back... Pritchard had that situation with a player where he tried to torch their rep. If this is more of that... Oh my! Maybe Nate is in a place where he completely regrets coming into that situation.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM

Post#183 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sat May 8, 2021 11:31 pm

Would be nice to have the real story. This is known Nate McMillan and Pritchard worked together in Portland and by all accounts were mutually supportive. Pritchard left Portland because his bosses had big egos and he was getting credit for successful personnel decisions and some of the management team and weird owner felt slighted. McMillan was always loyal to Pritchard up until gbye. So last year Pritchard re-upped McMillan and within a short period was forced to fire his guy. Indiana now sounding a bit like his Portland ownership situation saw Pritchard apply a sterilized bandage in the form of a Nick Nurse recruit. An integral leader on team over achieve. Now the guy who clearly isn't Pritchard's guy is getting a fake news rep bashing leaked to media. Pretty sure he deserves better than that soap opera.
bballsparkin
General Manager
And1: 7,423

Post#184 » by bballsparkin » Sun May 9, 2021 4:32 pm

pingpongrac wrote:
bballsparkin wrote:
He was absolutely playing out of his mind earlier in the year. He has great foot work and moves. I find his game fun to watch for that reason. Not really fair to only judge him based on the end of the year when his team is struggling so badly. I agree he's overrated. But hardly the most.

Even when Sabonis was playing at a high level and the Pacers were winning near the start of the season, Indiana was significantly better with Sabonis on the bench. As already mentioned, his on/off numbers are very poor and he has the 2nd worst NetRTG (-2.7) on the team behind LeVert.

Still a very good player, but doesn't bring as much value as his numbers would lead you to believe.

Indiana was significantly better while he was on the bench? So while the other teams best players are also on the bench? I agree he is overrated. Maybe a team can't win with him because of defensive concerns. Perhaps he needs to be built around to win? And then is he worth it?

Still, like you said he is a very good player. Yet overrated. Sure. He's only 25. Lets see what he does with a better/healthier team imho.
bballsparkin
General Manager
And1: 7,423

Post#185 » by bballsparkin » Sun May 9, 2021 4:37 pm

That Greg Foster scene was great. A memorable moment from a forgettable season.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,632

Post#186 » by Pointgod » Sun May 9, 2021 4:50 pm

Pacers front office is absolute trash for letting a story like this get out in the media. This is not something to even let the media get a whiff of. It’s **** gross and I hope that the coaches association steps in.
JN
RealGM
And1: 9,907

Post#187 » by JN » Sun May 9, 2021 4:51 pm

scuervo1 wrote:
Hit Em Up wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:

Can someone tell me the Raptor parts?

That behavior seems to have continued in Toronto. One league source compared the dynamic to Bjorkgren acting like a politician's chief of staff, at points preventing other coaches and Toronto's players from holding conversations with Nurse that did not go through Bjorkgren first.

"He would do things like police the communication about the team schedule on a road trip and when other people got a hold of it, so he was in control," said the person with knowledge of the situation.

"It's one thing if the head coach designates his lead assistant as a person to delegate communication, as a means to organize your business. It's another when that person seems to be doing it without the head coach's direction," said the aforementioned assistant general manager.

Having a trusted employee that you believe can act independently.
****, I hate having those type of people on my staff. In my years of directing staff, I always preferred those that were completely dependent on my direction and would do nothing unless told.

Some of the comments in this article are ridiculous. Some have some merit -- but the bolded above is certainly one of the ridiculous ones.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,298

Post#188 » by WaltFrazier » Mon May 17, 2021 11:25 pm

The long heart felt hug that Kyle gave Nate postgame spoke volumes. You couldn't ask for a more meaningful vote of confidence.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,547

Post#189 » by Psubs » Mon May 17, 2021 11:27 pm

If they win to games to make the 8th seed and say lose in 5 does that save his job?
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,001

Post#190 » by Chandan » Tue May 18, 2021 11:51 am

Harcore Fenton Mun wrote:This stuff happens on bad teams all the time. Most of the fans here wouldn't recognize it since we're far enough removed, but this is what organizational disfunction looks like.

Everybody has an agenda, not everybody buys in.

OH I know what disfunction looks like.

Isiah Thomas, Richard Peddie, Vince Carter and his mother, Butch Carter, Glen Grunward, Bryant Collangello, hedo, Sam Mitchell, hell even Lowry had an agenda back in the days, he wasn't exactly coachable from what you hear in the past.

Who did I miss?

Give Tim Leiweiki credit. He turned this **** around in one year and Masai ran a very tight ship since then.
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,313

Post#191 » by mtcan » Tue May 18, 2021 12:01 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:The long heart felt hug that Kyle gave Nate postgame spoke volumes. You couldn't ask for a more meaningful vote of confidence.

Yes...there is a very warm embrace from the entire Raptors organization. Is that because we only saw assistant coach Nate while he was in Toronto and maybe head coach Nate is a different beast?
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 21,760

Post#192 » by ItsDanger » Tue May 18, 2021 5:36 pm

Must win game for Nate tonight. If they lose, he's gone (probably already is but this would be 100%). If Brogdon doesn't play, confirmed snake. I think Myles Turner will ask for a trade.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,457

Post#193 » by 2019nbachamps » Tue May 18, 2021 5:37 pm

I think Nate will get fired by the end of the week. I’m sure Nurse will take him back.
ac1011990
Junior
And1: 986

Post#194 » by ac1011990 » Tue May 18, 2021 6:07 pm

mtcan wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:The long heart felt hug that Kyle gave Nate postgame spoke volumes. You couldn't ask for a more meaningful vote of confidence.

Yes...there is a very warm embrace from the entire Raptors organization. Is that because we only saw assistant coach Nate while he was in Toronto and maybe head coach Nate is a different beast?

I think there is some truth to the rumours. During the broadcast with FVV last game, Fred said that its believable that Nate is hard on medical and other staff. He also said that he didn't find Nate tough as a coach but doesn't mean other players feel the same. Fred pretty much confirmed Nate is a dick to others around him, that's not very helpful in disproving the rumours lol
OAKLEY_2
RealGM

Post#195 » by OAKLEY_2 » Tue May 18, 2021 6:26 pm

JN wrote:
scuervo1 wrote:
Hit Em Up wrote:
Can someone tell me the Raptor parts?

That behavior seems to have continued in Toronto. One league source compared the dynamic to Bjorkgren acting like a politician's chief of staff, at points preventing other coaches and Toronto's players from holding conversations with Nurse that did not go through Bjorkgren first.

"He would do things like police the communication about the team schedule on a road trip and when other people got a hold of it, so he was in control," said the person with knowledge of the situation.

"It's one thing if the head coach designates his lead assistant as a person to delegate communication, as a means to organize your business. It's another when that person seems to be doing it without the head coach's direction," said the aforementioned assistant general manager.

Having a trusted employee that you believe can act independently.
****, I hate having those type of people on my staff. In my years of directing staff, I always preferred those that were completely dependent on my direction and would do nothing unless told.

Some of the comments in this article are ridiculous. Some have some merit -- but the bolded above is certainly one of the ridiculous ones.

Every good control freak likes a yes man. Then once surrounded by a flotilla of yes people they insulate the alpha from reality. Comrade Black was just such an ego. As was Lady Black. Three counts of fraud, one count of obstruction of justice. 6 years in prison. $6 million in fines.
dTox
RealGM
And1: 15,487

Post#196 » by dTox » Tue May 18, 2021 6:31 pm

For those of you who are unfamiliar with Kevin Prichard (the man in charge of their FO), I encourage you to dig up materials from his Portland days, then it'll make sense as to why so much of this was leaked to the media
TBZ for the win
Psubs
RealGM

Post#197 » by Psubs » Tue May 18, 2021 7:04 pm

2019nbachamps wrote:I think Nate will get fired by the end of the week. I’m sure Nurse will take him back.

Take Nate back and lobby for Griffin to get a shot?
Psubs
RealGM

Post#198 » by Psubs » Tue May 18, 2021 8:51 pm

Caris LeVert is out 10-14 days for Covid Protocol.

If Nate pulls out a win, he deserves 1 COY vote. :D
dTox
RealGM
And1: 15,487

Post#199 » by dTox » Tue May 18, 2021 8:58 pm

yikes..

Read on Twitter
TBZ for the win
Psubs
RealGM

Post#200 » by Psubs » Tue May 18, 2021 10:36 pm

Brogdon is playing and McBuckets stepping up.

Return to Toronto Raptors