Re: Playoff Paul George Mega-thread 

Post#61 » by TheNewEra » Sun May 9, 2021 7:39 pm

Anyone going to lob up a game thread ?
RingColluder
Pro Prospect
And1: 240

Post#62 » by RingColluder » Sun May 9, 2021 9:59 pm

Another game where PG did absolutely nothing in the 4th quarter when it mattered most. How is this man making max money? 18 pts in 41 minutes is inexcusable, is there a stat to see how many he had in the 4th? I believe it was 2 but would need to double check..

We need to trade him for ANYTHING this off season if possible. I'd trade him right now for 2 first rounders
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 958

Post#63 » by clipperlover » Mon May 10, 2021 7:54 am

RingColluder wrote:
clipperlover wrote:
RingColluder wrote:
There was total failure to research your own information on Paul George's recent Suns game and instead jumped to false accusations. Absolutely no basis to attack like this and attempt to derail the thread.

I guess we are all supposed to just take your word for it. No questioning the data posted.

What false accusations? I did research the Suns game and many others. I posted the data for those games and even pointed out the opponent those games were against.

I added some additional context to the numbers for all to see. I don't see where you made any comments about those stats. Does having a more holistic view of his data for these games create a problem? Does it make it look like maybe his turnovers might be a result of playing more aggressively?

I wonder if there is any correlation between the lower assist games and other factors. What was the shooting % of his teammates? It takes another person to put the ball in the basket to get an assist. So, did he just stop passing to people or were people missing shots?

Maybe I should look at his career turnover numbers and compare to this year. Are they up? Yes they are by .7/gm. But wait, his assists are at a career high and 1.7 above his career average. Disregard though he just has anecdotally low assist numbers.

I guess I could look at who leads the Clippers in defensive rebounds or who draws the tough defensive assignments. Those aspects of the game are meaningless though only assists and turnovers matter.

Should I look at how PGs numbers compare to other players in similar situations? Nah, it just isn't worth it: PG Sucks

You wrote: "More fake news.

We played Phoenix 1/3/2021, 4/8/2021 and 4/28/2021, so the 4/08/2021 game must be the reference point:"

The game referenced at the time was a week before, 100% accurate and yet you called it "Fake news" starting off your lies on totally accurate numbers just like you did previously making personal attacks and false accusations.

At this point it's baiting. I mistakenly gave Paul George an extra assist (which actually improved his numbers), and wrote "3 rebounds 3 assists" twice by accident. And you said bc I said PG had 5 consecutive first round exits (excluding the Nuggets serieS) I was "fake news" since it was actually 4 consecutive exits.

I don't go around making personal attacks at other posters since the mods intervention but guess the memo wasn't gotten.

Cut it out. Now. This is my last post to you.

Lets' go back through this:
You posted the following
"Since Phoenix game: 5 TO's 4 assists
4 TO's 3 assists
7 TO's 4 assists
3 TO's 3 assists
3 TO's 3 assists
3 TO's 5 assists
7 TO's 5 assists
5 TO's 8 assists"

At the time, there had only been 2 games "since" the Phoenix game you only later referenced. So, knowing that "since" means after, I looked for next Phoenix game that could have been the reference point which was 4/8 and then listed ALL the games from that game, plus opponents. I then compared that to your list and only found 6 of 10 matching entries. Only after a couple of other posts did you come back and then state you pulled you data from ESPN which happens to show their data in descending order. Knowing that the data was in the list was in descending order and not "since" (ascending order), I went through the list and still found multiple errors.

Then, when the list was questioned again you come back and say "The Second 3, 3 TO was a typo, the 7 and 5 refers to the Rockets game which is a 7 and 4 even WORSE which I messed up when typing". Except the 7/TO, 4 Assists Rockets game was in the list. The game that wasn't referenced was the 7TO, 6 Asts PHI game. So, yes. Yet more fake news.

You posted a list of stats and tried to pass it off as fact and then when questioned about it, you couldn't even go back and validate it. If the news comes out and said there were three robbers and later it is discovered it was only one, but then they fail to correct the story, it is fake news.

This is the 2nd time in this thread you posted inaccurate information and then when presented with the actual data, you couldn't just acknowledge it and correct it. "5 consecutive" does not mean 4 consecutive, plus one from wherever I like. "Since" does not mean games before.

I could care less if you post to me again or not. What I do care about is that when you post numbers about a player that they are accurate and posters can validate the information.
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#64 » by RingColluder » Mon May 10, 2021 8:25 am

"Since the Phoenix game"

LOOK AT THE LAST PHOENIX GAME. How is this difficult to understand? They just played them at the time like 3 games ago. MY GOD.

I'm sure if I started referencing a Knicks game "since the Knicks game" you'd go back to a game from 9 months ago "ClipperLover".

"
This is the 2nd time in this thread you posted inaccurate information and then when presented with the actual data, you couldn't just acknowledge it and correct it. "5 consecutive" does not mean 4 consecutive, plus one from wherever I like. "Since" does not mean games before.
"
This right here is a perfect example of baiting and trolling. Anyone who actually watches the games would see how obvious it is and the argument is purely semantics falling into slander.

Leave this thread if this is all just trolling. Where are the mods? Goodness...
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#65 » by RingColluder » Mon May 10, 2021 8:39 am

Back on topic:

Playoff P had 14 of his 18 points in the 2nd quarter.

To my knowledge he had 2 pts in the 1st quarter and his other 2 points in the 4th quarter.

Is this a joke? He should be making $14 million a year with the play he's shown in crunch time AND in games that actually matter. This is beyond ridiculous. If someone can find a way to see just Paul George's stats in 4th quarters of games I'd LOVE to see it. A total disaster, and as shown in the GT plenty of people are ready to trade him ass out of here if we do get knocked out in round 1 or 2.
TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
And1: 1,419

Post#66 » by TrueLAfan » Mon May 10, 2021 1:11 pm

First, this. If you want to talk about or use statistics, use and find them correctly. My suggestion is to use the sortable excel tables for game logs that are available on basketball-reference. While I wish that we had statsman from the old Scout.com Clipper boards here—because he was terrific with statistics and was a great poster—I’ll stand in, and I’ve got some cred. I helped develop the statistic now commonly use as Reb%, started and was first mod of the statistical analysis board here on RealGM and for one summer, did him secondary, light statistical/analytical work for a (non-Clipper) NBA team.

In this case, since Paul George’s 4/8 game against Phoenix, and including the next game against Phoenix and last nights game, his line looks like this:

Code: Select all

12 games, 26.0 ppg, 7.9 rpg, 4.8 apg, 1.2 spg, 0.4 bpg, 3.8 TO, .455 FG%, .337 3P%, .835 FT%, .566 TS%

His average game score in that period is 17.9, which is very good. And he maintained a reasonable amount of consistency—he had three bad games in that 12 game stretch, meaning he played at somewhere between a very good to a superstar level 75% of the time. That’s not perfect—I’d rather have you be great 8+ games out of 10—but given the sample size it’s okay.

Second—last night PG had 4 points in the fourth. He was 2-5, with 2 rebounds and an assist. It’s not great, but the bigger team issue is overall perimeter/backcourt play. We had 26 points in the fourth and played decent D (the Knicks shot under 43% for the quarter). The issue that I saw—and this was kind of problem throughout the game—is that we were standing around. It was worse in the 4th. Consider this: Marcus barely played in the fourth. Our lineup was basically Rondo, Reggie, and PG (Reggie and PG played all 12 minutes; Rondo played 11) with DeMarcus and Kawhi. Rondo, Reggie, and PG took a total of 8 shots in the quarter. I get that Reggie and Rondo were 0-3—but somebody on the perimeter needed to get the ball and shoot. That’s not as much on the guards as shooters as it is on coaching and playmaking. Getting 4 points in a quarter out of your backcourt is unacceptable—but PG was 2-5, which isn’t miserable. He just didn’t shoot. And if you don’t want PG handling the ball, you need him catching and shooting the ball—which means the ball needs to go to him. The same is true of Reggie. Instead—almost no shots, and no FTA.

My concern is the stagnant offense, even with Rondo. PG definitely could have played better, but this is a case where his mediocre night has more to do with factors outside his control to some extent. I just don’t think it‘s that hard to deliver the ball to perimeter players more often—or plan to—and try harder to draw fouls. That’s on PG—but its also kind of on everybody.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,316

Post#67 » by Roscoe Sheed » Mon May 10, 2021 2:35 pm

Every potential first round match up presents serious problems.

1. Dallas: Doncic already showed what he can do last season. If porzingis gets a bit healthy or Hardaway keeps shooting like Korver, the clippers could be in for along series

2. Portland: while they do have defensive weaknesses, I’m not too keen on facing a motivated lillard who wants to put pg and Beverley in their place

3. Lakers: who really wants to face Lebron and AD? True, Lebron might be impaired a bit, but he is so smart he can exploit any defense

I guess we all have to embrace defensive pessimism- expect the worst (first round exit) and hopefully be pleasantly surprised if it turns out otherwise
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#68 » by RingColluder » Mon May 10, 2021 8:25 pm

TrueLAfan wrote:First, this. If you want to talk about or use statistics, use and find them correctly. My suggestion is to use the sortable excel tables for game logs that are available on basketball-reference. While I wish that we had statsman from the old Scout.com Clipper boards here—because he was terrific with statistics and was a great poster—I’ll stand in, and I’ve got some cred. I helped develop the statistic now commonly use as Reb%, started and was first mod of the statistical analysis board here on RealGM and for one summer, did him secondary, light statistical/analytical work for a (non-Clipper) NBA team.

In this case, since Paul George’s 4/8 game against Phoenix, and including the next game against Phoenix and last nights game, his line looks like this:

Code: Select all

12 games, 26.0 ppg, 7.9 rpg, 4.8 apg, 1.2 spg, 0.4 bpg, 3.8 TO, .455 FG%, .337 3P%, .835 FT%, .566 TS%

His average game score in that period is 17.9, which is very good. And he maintained a reasonable amount of consistency—he had three bad games in that 12 game stretch, meaning he played at somewhere between a very good to a superstar level 75% of the time. That’s not perfect—I’d rather have you be great 8+ games out of 10—but given the sample size it’s okay.

Second—last night PG had 4 points in the fourth. He was 2-5, with 2 rebounds and an assist. It’s not great, but the bigger team issue is overall perimeter/backcourt play. We had 26 points in the fourth and played decent D (the Knicks shot under 43% for the quarter). The issue that I saw—and this was kind of problem throughout the game—is that we were standing around. It was worse in the 4th. Consider this: Marcus barely played in the fourth. Our lineup was basically Rondo, Reggie, and PG (Reggie and PG played all 12 minutes; Rondo played 11) with DeMarcus and Kawhi. Rondo, Reggie, and PG took a total of 8 shots in the quarter. I get that Reggie and Rondo were 0-3—but somebody on the perimeter needed to get the ball and shoot. That’s not as much on the guards as shooters as it is on coaching and playmaking. Getting 4 points in a quarter out of your backcourt is unacceptable—but PG was 2-5, which isn’t miserable. He just didn’t shoot. And if you don’t want PG handling the ball, you need him catching and shooting the ball—which means the ball needs to go to him. The same is true of Reggie. Instead—almost no shots, and no FTA.

My concern is the stagnant offense, even with Rondo. PG definitely could have played better, but this is a case where his mediocre night has more to do with factors outside his control to some extent. I just don’t think it‘s that had to deliver the ball to perimeter players more often—or plan to—and try harder to draw fouls. That’s on PG—but its also kind of on everybody.

I was using the ESPN stat chart. The poster's issue is that they erroneously and maliciously used a game from a month prior, when we had just played the Suns two days ago. Instead of going on a baseless rampage, they could have easily just checked the most recent Suns game to see the stats lined up AS WELL AS the ones immediately following it. That's just malicious. Thank you for looking into it.

So did PG not score in points in the 1st? I thought he had 2 in the first and had 14 in the second? Every game we are all standing around!!! Especially in the 4th. That's a product of our awful playmaking and primarily bc PG as the primary ball handler is awful at getting others involved as evidenced by his TO and Assist ratio. Agreed, PG needs to catch and shoot not distribute. 2-5 is HORRENDOUS as a max player supposed superstar. Why are we holding him to a lower standard to that of a Reggie or Morris when he is hogging up and choking away all our cap space?

The cap space is a critical issue. Derrick Rose outplayed every one of our PG's last game. The larger issue is this is a major pattern of PG continually flailing and choking in the 4th. Is there a place you know where we can see his stats ONLY in the 4th quarter on any of these sites? The results I'm sure would be horrifying and something most people here do not even want to open. #PandorasBox
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#69 » by RingColluder » Mon May 10, 2021 8:27 pm

Roscoe Sheed wrote:Every potential first round match up presents serious problems.

1. Dallas: Doncic already showed what he can do last season. If porzingis gets a bit healthy or Hardaway keeps shooting like Korver, the clippers could be in for along series

2. Portland: while they do have defensive weaknesses, I’m not too keen on facing a motivated lillard who wants to put pg and Beverley in their place

3. Lakers: who really wants to face Lebron and AD? True, Lebron might be impaired a bit, but he is so smart he can exploit any defense

I guess we all have to embrace defensive pessimism- expect the worst (first round exit) and hopefully be pleasantly surprised if it turns out otherwise

Agreed. Dallas scares me, Luka with his playmaking AND limitless 3 pt scoring can outperform both PG and Kawhi unless Kawhi goes on his "everyone get out the way gimme the ball" moments. And even then he gasses out as we saw when PG gets into low IQ foul trouble as he is often to do.

I totally agreee on Portland. Never underestimate one of the top 3 clutch players in the NBA Dame, especially after the beef from the bubble. What an awful move that was by the arrogant PG and Bev... Also we still have yet to play them at full strength w Nurkic and I have a bad feeling about it..

Lakers as always. In some ironic ways I'd most like to play them in the 1st round (probably Portland over them slightly), and think we could catch them still being rusty.

But given how bad we look, not much hope currently..
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#70 » by RingColluder » Mon May 10, 2021 10:44 pm

Some fun facts:

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/traditional/?sort=FG_PCT&dir=1&Season=2020-21&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&Period=4&TeamID=1610612746

Paul George currently has the LOWEST FG% out of any current active player on the Clippers in the 4th quarter of games at 41.1% not including Coffey, Fi and Fitts who don't play. (Zu, Ibaka, Patterson, Bev, Mann, Kennard, Rondo, Kawhi, Batum, Reggie, Morris, Demarcus counted).

He also is 2nd to last in 3pt FG% at 32.6 (Kawhi is in last at 31.6% but makes up for it with a 47.7% FG pt%).

By contrast, the other main 3pt shooter Marcus Morris has a respectable 42% 3pt FG% in the 4th. 42%, vs 32% in the clutch. You do the math..

So when it matters most, PG has the lowest FG% and 2nd lowest 3pt FG% out of any active Clipper player despite playing the most minutes at 8.4.

Absolutely atrocious. No wonder no one bothers to looked into it:

Now if there was only a way to see direct stats and FG % game by game of his in every 4th quarter..
clipperlover
Rookie

Post#71 » by clipperlover » Mon May 10, 2021 11:16 pm

RingColluder wrote:"Since the Phoenix game"

LOOK AT THE LAST PHOENIX GAME. How is this difficult to understand? They just played them at the time like 3 games ago. MY GOD.

I'm sure if I started referencing a Knicks game "since the Knicks game" you'd go back to a game from 9 months ago "ClipperLover".

"
"
This right here is a perfect example of baiting and trolling. Anyone who actually watches the games would see how obvious it is and the argument is purely semantics falling into slander.

No, I wouldn't randomly reference something from 9 months ago because I would just do like I did earlier and provide context that everyone can follow:
"We played Phoenix 1/3/2021, 4/8/2021 and 4/28/2021, so the 4/08/2021 game must be the reference point:
HOU - Did not Dress
DET - 3 Rbs, 9 asts, 1 Stl, 0 Blocks, 2 TOs - 7-7 FT - Not in the list above
IND - 7 Rbs, 8 asts, 2 Stls, 0 Blks, 5 TOs - 6-6 FT - In the list above
DET - Inactive
PHI - 9 Rbs, 6 Asts, 1 Stl, 2 Blks, 7 TOs, 5-7 FT - Not in the list above
MIN - 7 Rbs, 5 Asts, 2 Stls, 1 Blk, 3 TOs, 1-2 FT - In the list above
POR - 11 Rbs, 3 Asts, 2 Stls, 0 Blks, 3 TOs, 5-6 FT - In the list above
MEM - Inactive
HOU - 14 Rbs, 4 asts, 2 Stls, 0 Blks, 7 TOs, 10-10 FT - In the list above
NOP - 3 Rbs, 3 Asts, 0 Stls, 1 Blk, 4 TOs, 2-2 FT - In the list above
PHO - 10 Rbs, 4 Asts, 3 Stls, 0 Blks, 5 TOs, 4-6 FT - In the List above
DEN - 7 Rbs, 2 Asts, 1 Stl, 0 Blk, 0 TOs, 7-11 FT - Not in the list above
TOR - 9 Rbs, 4 Asts, 0 Stls, 1 Blk, 2 TOs, 4-4 FT - Not in the list above"

How is this baiting and trolling? "Since" means after a certain point. You said "Since" the Phoenix game and then listed ~7 games when there had only been 2. How hard is that to understand? Should I even point out that the numbers you posted on Page 1 where you used "Last 5 games and then posted in ascending order" ending with the 4/28 Phoenix game conflict with the numbers you posted on Page 3.

It's very easy. All you have to do is say: "Sorry everyone, I realize now that I wasn't clear in the numbers I posted. For clarification, here are the updated numbers. I'll double check before future postings."

Doing so might be more productive than "Cut it Out", "Leave This Thread", "Where are the Mods?"
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#72 » by RingColluder » Mon May 10, 2021 11:19 pm

clipperlover wrote:

"
"

No, I wouldn't reference something form 9 months ago because I would just do like I did earlier and provide context that everyone can follow:
"We played Phoenix 1/3/2021, 4/8/2021 and 4/28/2021, so the 4/08/2021 game must be the reference point:
HOU - Did not Dress
DET - Inactive
MEM - Inactive

How is this baiting and trolling? "Since" means after a certain point. You said "Since" the Phoenix game and then listed ~7 games when there had only been 2. How hard is that to understand? Should I even point out that the numbers you posted on Page 1 where you used "Last 5 games and then posted in ascending order" ending with the 4/28 Phoenix game conflict with the numbers you posted on Page 3.

It's very easy. All you have to do is say: "Sorry everyone, I realize now that I wasn't clear in the numbers I posted. For clarification, here are the updated numbers. I'll double check before future postings."

Doing so might be more productive than "Cut it Out", "Leave This Thread", "Where are the Mods?"

I already clarified and spelled it out 2 other times, but since you need it spelled out directly to show just how poorly he is playing:

Here are the stats Lakers game 5/6 to Philly game 4/16:

5 TO's 5 Assists
2 TO 4 assists
0 TO's 2 assists
5 TO's 4 assists
4 TO's 3 assists
7 TO's 4 assists
3 TO's 3 assists
3 TO's 5 assists
7 TO's 6 Assists

And Paul George not including last year's awful meltdown has had 4 consecutive first round exists.

--
Any thoughts on my recent Paul George 4th quarter numbers?

41.1% FG % in the 4th (last on the team for active players)
32.6 3pt FG% (2nd last on the team for active players)

Thank you for helping show just how poorly the numbest are!
clipperlover
Rookie

Post#73 » by clipperlover » Tue May 11, 2021 12:00 am

RingColluder wrote:
clipperlover wrote:

"
"

No, I wouldn't reference something form 9 months ago because I would just do like I did earlier and provide context that everyone can follow:
HOU - Did not Dress
DET - Inactive
MEM - Inactive

I already clarified and spelled it out 2 other times, but since you need it spelled out directly to show just how poorly he is playing:

5 TO's 5 Assists
2 TO 4 assists
0 TO's 2 assists
5 TO's 4 assists
4 TO's 3 assists
7 TO's 4 assists
3 TO's 3 assists
3 TO's 5 assists
7 TO's 6 Assists

And Paul George not including last year's awful meltdown has had 4 consecutive first round exists.

--

Any thoughts on the Clippers as a team shooting 3-11 from 3 in the 4th while shooting 7-11 from inside the 3 pt line?

Any thoughts the Morris sucked and was benched for most of the 4th or was Lue just taking the opportunity to try new line-up combinations?

PG's numbers in games with 5 or more turnovers this year (13 games) seem to indicate the higher TO numbers aren't necessarily an indicator of poor play . Here are his averages for those games (https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/georgpa01/gamelog/2021):
28.7pts, 7.4 rbs, 5.7 asts, 1.8 stls, .6 blks, 5.5 TOs, 51% FG (~10.2/19.8 per game), 47% 3PT (~3.8/8.3), 89% FT (~4.5/5.1)

Clips 45-22 67% winning %
Clips 36-15 71% winning % with PG.
Clips 27-11 71% winning % when PG has less than 5 TOs
Clips 9-4 69% winning % when PG has 5 or more turnovers.
Clips 9-7 56% winning % when PG is out

What is concerning about PG the last two games is that he has not logged a steal or block. Outside of the bubble last year (2nd and 3rd bubble games and then again in Games 5-6 vs Dallas), it doesn't look like he has registered double goose eggs in back to back games since Jan 2018.
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#74 » by RingColluder » Tue May 11, 2021 12:04 am

clipperlover wrote:
RingColluder wrote:
clipperlover wrote:
HOU - Did not Dress
DET - Inactive
MEM - Inactive

5 TO's 5 Assists
2 TO 4 assists
0 TO's 2 assists
5 TO's 4 assists
4 TO's 3 assists
7 TO's 4 assists
3 TO's 3 assists
3 TO's 5 assists
7 TO's 6 Assists

--

Any thoughts on the Clippers as a team shooting 3-11 from 3 in the 4th while shooting 7-11 from inside the 3 pt line?

Any thoughts the Morris sucked and was benched for most of the 4th or was Lue just taking the opportunity to try new line-up combinations?

PG's numbers in games with 5 or more turnovers this year (13 games) seem to indicate the higher TO numbers aren't necessarily an indicator of poor play . Here are his averages for those games (https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/georgpa01/gamelog/2021):
28.7pts, 7.4 rbs, 5.7 asts, 1.8 stls, .6 blks, 5.5 TOs, 51% FG (~10.2/19.8 per game), 47% 3PT (~3.8/8.3), 89% FT (~4.5/5.1)

Clips 45-22 67% winning %
Clips 36-15 71% winning % with PG.
Clips 27-11 71% winning % when PG has less than 5 TOs
Clips 9-4 69% winning % when PG has 5 or more turnovers.
Clips 9-7 56% winning % when PG is out

What is concerning about PG the last two games is that he has not logged a steal or block. Outside of the bubble last year (2nd and 3rd bubble games and then again in Games 5-6 vs Dallas), it doesn't look like he has registered double goose eggs in back to back games since Jan 2018.

My thoughts on Morris is he definitely had a bad game! Also 5th in the league in 3pt shooting which is remarkable and would only look better with more shots and less towards PG when it matters most.

If anything I think PG's TO numbers are understated on the count of how many of those almost TO's result in lucky bounces or go out of bounds of the opposing players. And not all TO's weigh the same as you yourself say. The problem with PG's turnovers is they result in EASY baskets on the other hand leading to 4 point swings.

The bottom line is Paul George having significant ball usage as a PG (not necessarily even as a shooter) is a massive detriment to the team. There was a great stretch after Rondo got traded where he wasn't handling the ball as much, and surprise! His numbers were incredible. Now we have reverted back to his old egoistical ways which results in this awful stretch..

And that's an interesting point you bring up at the end! I hadn't thought of it, thank you. PG's defense is fantastic and a major saving grace to his contract and game. But without steals or blocks? Oh no. Words won't even describe where he ranks as a "max player" if those numbers start to wane and slide as well. I will be on the lookout for those stats as well! But I do think those numbers will get better in the future. He had that great block to score that got us a win a few games ago..

If he just stuck to focusing on defense and spot up shooting not only would his contract be totally justified but it would improve everyone around him. But by selfishly shooting at an almost Reggie Jackson like level AND somehow being the point guard playmaker, it negatively affects everyone around him.
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#75 » by RingColluder » Tue May 11, 2021 11:57 pm

A study in value:

Marcus Morris 8 minutes, 14 million a year, 3-3 FG 1-1 3PT: 7 pts.
Paul George 8 minutes, 36 million a year, 1-5 FG 0-3 3PT: 4 pts.

--
on the positive PG has 4 assists and 0 turnovers. Progress!

On the downside.. he is 1-7 0-4 from 3pt FG%, 4 pts in 17 minutes AND has 3 early fouls (Juts like he did in the playoffs last season) taking him out of the game. And as one of the posters mentioned earlier, another game in the 1st half w 0 steals or blocks.

Just unbelievable to think how good this team could be with some better use of cap space. And we're up 14! We don't need him!

4-13, 1-7 from 3, 5 TURNOVERS 4 assists.

Exactly what I've been saying. Awfully quiet from the usual PG squad..
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#76 » by RingColluder » Wed May 12, 2021 1:57 am

Add another classic standard Playoff Paul George game to the list:

Final stats:

33 minutes, 5-15, 2-9 from 3pt, 6 TURNOVERS, 4 assists, 16 pts.

Everyone else played incredible and yet we have this loser dragging us down. Thank god we were playing a scrub Toronto team.

STEP IT UP PAUL. I beg you to please stop trying to playmake.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,126

Post#77 » by MartinToVaught » Wed May 12, 2021 5:20 am

It's looking more and more like the Lakers in round 1. Worst case scenario.
TucsonClip
Sixth Man
And1: 937

Post#78 » by TucsonClip » Wed May 12, 2021 6:22 am

MartinToVaught wrote:It's looking more and more like the Lakers in round 1. Worst case scenario.

Mavs and Blazers both own the tie breaker over the Lakers. Denver is a game back of us and owns the tie breaker.

I'd say we still have no real idea what the match ups are. But... Slipping to the 4 seed seems like a good thing for us, IMO.
Plus, why would I want to go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros.

- Shane Battier
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#79 » by RingColluder » Wed May 12, 2021 6:27 am

MartinToVaught wrote:It's looking more and more like the Lakers in round 1. Worst case scenario.

Look if we can't beat the Lakers in round 1 with a hobbled LeBron who hasn't played in forever and AD who also looks hobbled just as they are getting their legs under them, we don't deserve to go far.

The best time to take out the arguably biggest threat (other than the Suns) is the 1st round before they start to gain momentum. I'm fine with it. Much rather play them in round 1 and have better % of winning it all than have a better chance of making it to the WCF or round 2 and playing them at closer to full strength.
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#80 » by RingColluder » Wed May 12, 2021 6:29 am

TucsonClip wrote:

Mavs and Blazers both own the tie breaker over the Lakers. Denver is a game back of us and owns the tie breaker.

I'd say we still have no real idea what the match ups are. But... Slipping to the 4 seed seems like a good thing for us, IMO.

The rest of our schedule is pretty easy, I think we'll be the 3 seed most likely. Mavs have 3 relatively easy games, Lakers as well.. if the Mavs have the tiebreaker I'd give us the best odds of playing them in round 1. Another matchup I'd rather not have, but hey the West is tough.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers