ImageImageImageImage

Who are you eyeing with the Chicago pick?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Who are you eyeing with the Chicago pick? 

Post#1 » by Skin » Mon May 10, 2021 7:25 am

This is part of the draft where things get awfully opinionated. We could go in a number of different directions. Who are your favorites assuming the Bulls draft 8-11?
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,828

Re: Who are you eyeing with the Chicago pick? 

Post#2 » by RookieStar » Mon May 10, 2021 7:41 am

8-11? You gotta be more detailed in assuming who gets picked 6 and 7... You got so many mocks that says jalen johnson, keon, moody are in those.

Well if we get to choose.. Im going with Wagner and Zaire only because Im looking for the SF draftees
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,298

Post#3 » by pepe1991 » Mon May 10, 2021 8:38 am

Bulls pick is ( again) either not staying with ORlando, or way more likley, 8th or 9th (66% of chance to landing there)

That is probably Mitchell, Ziaire Williams, Giddey ,Wagner draft range.

At that draft range, i would do bit of reaching and go for Jalen Johnson. Strong frame, maybe not bad shooter ,6'9, nice athlete, should be well equipped for SF.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
nicnac215
Sixth Man
And1: 536

Post#4 » by nicnac215 » Mon May 10, 2021 9:03 am

pepe1991 wrote:Bulls pick is ( again) either not staying with ORlando, or way more likley, 8th or 9th (66% of chance to landing there)

That is probably Mitchell, Ziaire Williams, Giddey ,Wagner draft range.

At that draft range, i would do bit of reaching and go for Jalen Johnson. Strong frame, maybe not bad shooter ,6'9, nice athlete, should be well equipped for SF.

At that draft range I would prefer to package the pick in a trade. The last guy I want is Jalen Johnson
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#5 » by drsd » Mon May 10, 2021 9:50 am

I love Mr. BPA at this slot. He has real upside.

Seriously though, yes the Magic might package the Bulls pick to its own to move up a slot. But if the Magic does very well in the lottery, then if either of Moses Moody or Keon Johnson slide, probably one of those two. If neither do, then Orlando is drafting for long term bench depth in a player like Corey Kispert or Johnny Juzang.
Message Boar
Veteran
And1: 1,713

Post#6 » by Message Boar » Mon May 10, 2021 11:16 am

Not eyeing a damn thing until I know if we actually will have it in this draft.
drsd
RealGM

Post#7 » by drsd » Mon May 10, 2021 12:15 pm

Message Boar wrote:Not eyeing a damn thing until I know if we actually will have it in this draft.

Chicago is very likely to end as the 7th or 8th worst team and these options place it most likely that an 8 or 9 would convey.

Therefore, Magic fans can essentially "know" that the pick will be one of those two options. This is taking the odds of final games W/L, play-in considerations, and the draft lottery; even with all these unknowns, it is more than a 50% chance Orlando will get a #8 or #9 selection at this point.

basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,719

Post#8 » by basketballRob » Mon May 10, 2021 12:21 pm

I'd probably take Wagner. Having 2 smart players like him and Chuma would be a good thing. I really think he ends up like a Detlef Schempf type player. Plus you know our FO uses BPM and Wagner was nearly 12 this season. Chuma was around 11.5 his sophomore year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
drsd
RealGM

Post#9 » by drsd » Mon May 10, 2021 12:46 pm

basketballRob wrote:I'd probably take Wagner. Having 2 smart players like him and Chuma would be a good thing. I really think he ends up like a Detlef Schempf type player. Plus you know our FO uses BPM and Wagner was nearly 12 this season. Chuma was around 11.5 his sophomore year.

Schrempf was the #8th player selected in his draft class!

JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,273

Post#10 » by JBSouthpaw » Mon May 10, 2021 12:55 pm

IF we end up with a top 4 with our own, and 8 with Chi. I think I'd look to package #8, our 1st pick next year, DEN Future #1, Bamba & Ross. Maybe even Cole or RJ for a legit young player. It's a good mix of assets.
I'd love to get Tatum or Green from the Celtics, and they seem to be a bit of a mess.
Fultz/MCW
1st rd 2021/RJ/Harris
Tatum/ Okeke
J.I./Okeke
Carter/2nd rd 2021
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#11 » by basketballRob » Mon May 10, 2021 12:56 pm

drsd wrote:
basketballRob wrote:I'd probably take Wagner. Having 2 smart players like him and Chuma would be a good thing. I really think he ends up like a Detlef Schempf type player. Plus you know our FO uses BPM and Wagner was nearly 12 this season. Chuma was around 11.5 his sophomore year.

Schrempf was the #8th player selected in his draft class!

He was also a 6'9"-6'10" German player. Ironically they both have the same shooting stroke. They both start the shot from around the knees, which isn't an ideal shooting stroke.

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,360

Post#12 » by Knightro » Mon May 10, 2021 3:23 pm

Barnes, Moody, Wagner, Sengun (if the Magic are willing to make trades), Springer.

Plenty of good guys in that 6-12 range.
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#13 » by basketballRob » Mon May 10, 2021 3:27 pm

Listening to Tony Jones on Chad Ford's podcast. Jones has Wagner 6th and says he compares to Gordon Hayward, Chad Ford has him 7th.

If we like him at 9, maybe we could give him a promise, since his brother will likely be here.

https://www.yardbarker.com/college_basketball/articles/amp/franz_wagner_hilariously_burns_brother_moe_in_nba_draft_announcement/s1_127_34821041?__twitter_impression=true
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Post#14 » by The Effect » Mon May 10, 2021 6:26 pm

it all depends on what we do in the top 5, if we get stuck getting mobley or kuminga, then id look for a scoring wing with the bulls pick and would try to get Moody, but its hes gone.... i know people wont like it, but i would be really happy with getting Johnny Juzang. 8-9 might be alittle high based on the mock sites rankings, but i think he will outperform alot of the guys who get drafted in the late lottery.

Now if we get green ( :pray: ) then thats somewhat of a different story. Id still be happy with him there as he can help out at SF as well as SG, but would also be happy with a high upside project like wagner or barnes\keon if they fall
The Effect

Post#15 » by The Effect » Mon May 10, 2021 6:28 pm

JBSouthpaw wrote:IF we end up with a top 4 with our own, and 8 with Chi. I think I'd look to package #8, our 1st pick next year, DEN Future #1, Bamba & Ross. Maybe even Cole or RJ for a legit young player. It's a good mix of assets.
I'd love to get Tatum or Green from the Celtics, and they seem to be a bit of a mess.
Fultz/MCW
1st rd 2021/RJ/Harris
Tatum/ Okeke
J.I./Okeke
Carter/2nd rd 2021

We could offer the celtic our pick, the bulls pick, bamba, RJ and our #1 next year and they still wouldnt give us tatum
JBSouthpaw
Analyst

Post#16 » by JBSouthpaw » Mon May 10, 2021 6:37 pm

The Effect wrote:
JBSouthpaw wrote:IF we end up with a top 4 with our own, and 8 with Chi. I think I'd look to package #8, our 1st pick next year, DEN Future #1, Bamba & Ross. Maybe even Cole or RJ for a legit young player. It's a good mix of assets.
Fultz/MCW
1st rd 2021/RJ/Harris
Tatum/ Okeke
J.I./Okeke
Carter/2nd rd 2021

We could offer the celtic our pick, the bulls pick, bamba, RJ and our #1 next year and they still wouldnt give us tatum

I'd be ok with brown! I'd also give them a combination of about anyone and any pick, except our 1st rd pick.
It may take a 3 team trade to make everyone happy.

I'm intrigued by what will happen if BOS bows out early, they have been under achieving, people seemed fed up there.
OrlMagic05
Sixth Man
And1: 1,066

Post#17 » by OrlMagic05 » Mon May 10, 2021 6:48 pm

JBSouthpaw wrote:
The Effect wrote:
Fultz/MCW
1st rd 2021/RJ/Harris
Tatum/ Okeke
J.I./Okeke
Carter/2nd rd 2021

I'd be ok with brown! I'd also give them a combination of about anyone and any pick, except our 1st rd pick.

I'm intrigued by what will happen if BOS bows out early, they have been under achieving, people seemed fed up there.

You got me thinking.. Not saying the Twolves would do it, but I'd throw all our picks to them for KAT if he becomes available.
JBSouthpaw
Analyst

Post#18 » by JBSouthpaw » Mon May 10, 2021 7:10 pm

OrlMagic05 wrote:
JBSouthpaw wrote:
The Effect wrote:

You got me thinking.. Not saying the Twolves would do it, but I'd throw all our picks to them for KAT if he becomes available.

Yeah, I started looking at "we have a good amount of assets, what could we do?"
I wouldn't give up a top 4 pick, but combos of most everything else on the table, right?
I'd like to keep one of J.I. or Okeke, and 1 or RJ or Cole.
The Effect

Post#19 » by The Effect » Mon May 10, 2021 7:22 pm

I think people in here are overvaluing a 8-11 pick and some of our prospects

To get KAT (or tatum or really any top flight franchise player), we would HAVE to include our top 5 pick, no question about it

Look at the lakers a couple of years ago, they wanted a high end player, and id put KAT or tatum in the same catagory of AD, the lakers had to give up a top 5 pick, a recent sucessful #2 overall pick (ingram), a somewhat disappointing\bust #2 overall pick (lonzo), a good role player (hart) and 2 other future first round picks

And that was considered light return for the pelicans

To think we would get KAT or tatum without giving up our top 5 would be REALLY unrealistic
JBSouthpaw
Analyst

Post#20 » by JBSouthpaw » Mon May 10, 2021 8:16 pm

The Effect wrote:I think people in here are overvaluing a 8-11 pick and some of our prospects

To get KAT (or tatum or really any top flight franchise player), we would HAVE to include our top 5 pick, no question about it

Look at the lakers a couple of years ago, they wanted a high end player, and id put KAT or tatum in the same catagory of AD, the lakers had to give up a top 5 pick, a recent sucessful #2 overall pick (ingram), a somewhat disappointing\bust #2 overall pick (lonzo), a good role player (hart) and 2 other future first round picks

And that was considered light return for the pelicans

To think we would get KAT or tatum without giving up our top 5 would be REALLY unrealistic

What was given up for Harden?
For CP?
Jimmy Butler?
A lot less than what we can offer without the top 5.

Return to Orlando Magic