Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,516

Re: Welcome Tyrese Maxey! 

Post#601 » by 76ciology » Sun May 9, 2021 5:43 pm

Kobble be like..

Read on Twitter
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#602 » by 76ciology » Mon May 10, 2021 2:25 pm

There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#603 » by 76ciology » Mon May 10, 2021 2:26 pm

ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,505

Post#604 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Mon May 10, 2021 4:43 pm

I have no doubt about Maxey becoming a player in this league. I thought he was a home run of a draft pick, I love the kids attitude, his work ethic....It's all there. I think he can be just as good as Jrue Holiday has become in this league. That is really who he reminds me of in terms of HOW he approaches the game. Jrue, maybe Tony Parker when he first came up with the Spurs...Those are the guys he puts me in mind of. I hope he can stay healthy and be a part of this special franchise for a long time. I really have no interest in us trading him and I hope we don't. The return would have to be a goldmine of a player.
jotachase
Freshman
And1: 96

Post#605 » by jotachase » Mon May 10, 2021 5:55 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20
76ciology
RealGM

Post#606 » by 76ciology » Mon May 10, 2021 6:00 pm

Read on Twitter

Kobblehead real identity revealed
sodmoraes
Rookie
And1: 536

Post#607 » by sodmoraes » Mon May 10, 2021 6:47 pm

He will be good, no doubt about it. He´s shooting really well in may: the sample is small( 3 games), but he´s shooting 50% from the 3. he will probably end with a 30% 3 pt. this year( he´s already at 29,5%). Next year i expect he will be a 35% shooter with good volume. His shooting is what prevented him of becoming a top 10 pick in the draft. If his shooting keeps developing, we gotta ourselves a great steal.
[quote:bba5df4c1f="hornetstime"]jr smith will be out of this league in 2 years, book it.[/quote]
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,538

Post#608 » by SixthStreet » Mon May 10, 2021 8:11 pm

Some smaller guards mid range shot arsenal doesn't translate either and Maxey has proven that his does. He's shown flashes of being able to draw contact and his shooting might be coming around (but also could be an anomaly, see Thybulle's month long heater from 3 before he got hurt last year around midseason). Still think there is a limit to his ceiling because he doesn't have much playmaking ability. He's a smallish scoring dynamo. I don't see anywhere near the playmaking chops of Tony Parker or even Lowry. I think we overestimate his value because he brings a skillset that is otherwise lacking on the roster (or that could be described as fit).
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,490

Post#609 » by elchengue20 » Mon May 10, 2021 8:17 pm

Tony Parker is actually a pretty good comparison.

Don't saying he will be that good, but he's a similar player for sure. If he's around 75% the player Parker was, we got ourselves a steal.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#610 » by DCasey91 » Mon May 10, 2021 8:38 pm

More athletic less crafty Parker maybe? His handle is the thing that stands out for me. Small sample size but 101 assists and 38 turnovers is really really good for a rookie guard. He isn’t facilitating to the extent of Parker early on but he has by far the best handles on the team.
It won’t be out of lack of work ethic if he doesn’t reach his full capacity. I don’t believe he’ll have high assists numbers but something like 13/3/3 (basically what Shake’s production is) next year is easily attainable then after that is the really exciting part.

He has really good touch and the 3 ball will most likely come around (his feet has been getting closer together recently). It’s like anyone can sink threes in an empty gym but if there’s something off with your technique/mechanics/speed it’ll be compounded in real playing time.

Heck even Danny Green has funky stretch’s because his wrist position isn’t textbook hence he gets mad cold streaks same with Roco and the same with Thybulle. Being older though and more exp they know what is a little off. Thybulle needs a little retool though the natural motion has gone way out need to tighten the mechanics again.

Saric/Milton is trajectory and feet for Shake, Saric was the most obvious one leaving his hand. Someone should of told him it’s all trajectory. For a nice period of time he was knocking them down cold blooded because it had beautiful arch on it.

Ben it’s the thing with his wrist and basically everything else lol hence he can screwball the heck out of it and sometimes but very very rarely he shoots it and it goes in no troubles at all. He’s a bad standstill shooter. And he takes hard shots but it’s to put him in motion.

Reddick though would yank it too much sometimes but other than that was a true gunslinger and textbook.
Korkmaz height on release/follow through/balance.

I like what I’m seeing with Maxey with his shot, he’s definitely ironing out the kinks, I think some of it comes from base strength. You do lose abit the further your feet are apart inverse knee that sorta thing. The last 5 or so shots have been much much more sound. Hopefully it continues.
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,490

Post#611 » by elchengue20 » Mon May 10, 2021 8:54 pm

Parker was quicker (he probably was the fastest player in the NBA in his prime) and more craftier, guy had a crazy amount of moves once he got to the paint and was a tremendous finisher.

Tyrese may end up being a better shooter.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#612 » by Sixerscan » Mon May 10, 2021 10:08 pm

Parker was starting on a 1 seed as a 19 year old. Pretty unique player too, I think he led the league in points in the paint one year? Maxey will need to keep improving his shot. This late flourish from him has been really encouraging though, has really changed his game for the better.

I don't think you'll have both him and Shake coming off the bench next year. Either one will be starting or one will be traded.
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,718

Post#613 » by 76thBearCub » Mon May 10, 2021 10:43 pm

Yea young Tony Parker was lightning fast. Maxey is fast but he doesn't have that same speed. But he can already break down a defense to an extent, hopefully it earns him some good minutes.
sodmoraes
Rookie

Post#614 » by sodmoraes » Tue May 11, 2021 3:23 pm

[quote:bba5df4c1f="hornetstime"]jr smith will be out of this league in 2 years, book it.[/quote]
76ciology
RealGM

Post#615 » by 76ciology » Tue May 11, 2021 4:57 pm

Ive been saying about how Maxey’s upside is Jeff Teague. 2015 allstar 17ppg Jeff Teague was a good player.

Then it struck me.. how about Dennis Schroeder? Speedy 18-19ppg PG who can run PnR with low 3pt, low ft volume and average at best TS%.

If my memory serves me right Schroeder also was compared to Parker and he was the substitute for Teague

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nba/why-hawks-dennis-schroder-should-model-his-game-after-tony-parker

As a change of pace guard off the bench who can break defenses down, having a player of Schroder's talent has tremendous value in today's NBA. Despite a dismal showing in the playoffs, he proved that last season when he got some Sixth Man of the Year Award love.

"Schroder has the potential to be more than that, though, and an improved in-between game would open up a world of possibilities. After shooting 29.3 percent on 41 midrange attempts as a rookie, he made 34.8 percent of his 155 attempts last season — the seeds for growth are present. He's already picked up a thing or two from Parker.

"Now, it's time to start piecing the rest of the puzzle together."

https://oklahoman.com/article/5617826/how-dennis-schroders-floater-became-the-spark-to-his-offensive-arsenal

Schroder's lessons began in Germany under his youth coach, Liviu Calin, and were completed in Atlanta under Mike Budenholzer. Schroder truly became comfortable with the shot two or three years into the league when Budenholzer, a former San Antonio assistant, instructed him to watch tape of Spurs legend Tony Parker.

Budenholzer had been with Parker since he was a teen and had seen the improvement in his float shot to where it became a staple of a Hall of Fame offensive arsenal.

“At the beginning, I tried to go to the rim a lot and I didn't get the calls,” Schroder said. “Against big guys who like to block shots like Andre Drummond, Rudy Gobert, DeAndre Jordan, you've just got to get used to that floater and finishing around the rim. That's why I keep working on it.”

Schroder has impressed with his quick mastery of the shot. Felton didn't harness the floater to where he could shoot it comfortably with both hands until he was five or six years into his 14-year career.

“I did it, but I wasn't as good at it,” Felton said. “After getting knocked on your behind a few times going into the paint thinking you can drive and lay it up on these big, athletic centers ... you learn how to shoot one.

“You've got to work on it, because it ain't an easy shot. People think that it is, but it's not.”

Schroder makes the floater look easy, though, and when it's working, defenses are in for a difficult night.

Floater comparison
sodmoraes
Rookie

Post#616 » by sodmoraes » Tue May 11, 2021 6:14 pm

Schroeder is a good comp, but i have a feeling Maxey will be a better 3 pt shooter than him . He has a good form, and his ft. shooting is already pretty good, so i can see him as 37% 3 pt shooter with good volume after some years in the league. That will open a lot his game, since he willl drive more easily to the hoop, as the defender will have to respect his shot.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#617 » by DCasey91 » Tue May 11, 2021 9:39 pm

76ciology wrote:Ive been saying about how Maxey’s upside is Jeff Teague. 2015 allstar 17ppg Jeff Teague was a good player.

Then it struck me.. how about Dennis Schroeder? Speedy 18-19ppg PG who can run PnR with low 3pt, low ft volume and average at best TS%.

If my memory serves me right Schroeder also was compared to Parker and he was the substitute for Teague

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nba/why-hawks-dennis-schroder-should-model-his-game-after-tony-parker

As a change of pace guard off the bench who can break defenses down, having a player of Schroder's talent has tremendous value in today's NBA. Despite a dismal showing in the playoffs, he proved that last season when he got some Sixth Man of the Year Award love.

"Schroder has the potential to be more than that, though, and an improved in-between game would open up a world of possibilities. After shooting 29.3 percent on 41 midrange attempts as a rookie, he made 34.8 percent of his 155 attempts last season — the seeds for growth are present. He's already picked up a thing or two from Parker.

"Now, it's time to start piecing the rest of the puzzle together."

https://oklahoman.com/article/5617826/how-dennis-schroders-floater-became-the-spark-to-his-offensive-arsenal

Schroder's lessons began in Germany under his youth coach, Liviu Calin, and were completed in Atlanta under Mike Budenholzer. Schroder truly became comfortable with the shot two or three years into the league when Budenholzer, a former San Antonio assistant, instructed him to watch tape of Spurs legend Tony Parker.

Budenholzer had been with Parker since he was a teen and had seen the improvement in his float shot to where it became a staple of a Hall of Fame offensive arsenal.

“At the beginning, I tried to go to the rim a lot and I didn't get the calls,” Schroder said. “Against big guys who like to block shots like Andre Drummond, Rudy Gobert, DeAndre Jordan, you've just got to get used to that floater and finishing around the rim. That's why I keep working on it.”

Schroder has impressed with his quick mastery of the shot. Felton didn't harness the floater to where he could shoot it comfortably with both hands until he was five or six years into his 14-year career.

“I did it, but I wasn't as good at it,” Felton said. “After getting knocked on your behind a few times going into the paint thinking you can drive and lay it up on these big, athletic centers ... you learn how to shoot one.

“You've got to work on it, because it ain't an easy shot. People think that it is, but it's not.”

Schroder makes the floater look easy, though, and when it's working, defenses are in for a difficult night.

Floater comparison

Hawks Teague is a great comp imo. Was thinking Parker but Teague fits much better. Height, size, build, playstyle.

Im guessing 17+ ppg stat lines awaits Maxey when he is older just less assist totals.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,442

Post#618 » by Eyeamok » Mon May 17, 2021 1:27 pm

76ciology wrote:

You know how some guys post videos of themselves working out and then there is no noticeable improvement when they hit the court. When Maxey posts videos I believe everything I see.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#619 » by kuclas » Mon May 17, 2021 1:45 pm

Toronto GM suppose Turned down maxey plus 2021 first round pick for Lowry at the trade deadline? I heard he wanted a 2025 or something first round pick to bet on Sixers not being good in 2025?

Some GM just want to win lopsided trades counting on desperation of teams. And can backfire on them. They gonna to lose Lowry for nothing and could have maxey on a cheap rookie contract. Even if maxey doesn’t pan out. It’s worth developing him on a cheap contract especially he shows signs of being a very productive nba guard. Not saying maxey is the answer to Sixers half court woes when Embiid is being double team. We definitely need a playmaker in the half court who can break down a defense to off load pressure on Embiid. It’s near impossible to have to double Embiid and leave a guy who can take it to the rim off the dribble.

That’s why harden plus Embiid would have been prohibitive favorites for the title.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#620 » by LloydFree » Mon May 17, 2021 1:58 pm

sodmoraes wrote:Schroeder is a good comp, but i have a feeling Maxey will be a better 3 pt shooter than him . He has a good form, and his ft. shooting is already pretty good, so i can see him as 37% 3 pt shooter with good volume after some years in the league. That will open a lot his game, since he willl drive more easily to the hoop, as the defender will have to respect his shot.

Schroeder was a more natural PG than Maxey. Maxey is closer to young Jeff Teague.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down

Return to Philadelphia 76ers