Re: What's the issue with Boggy? 

Post#21 » by TNJazz » Fri Mar 5, 2021 1:53 pm

BJ13, that's intriguing!
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,679

Post#22 » by Crunch 99 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:32 pm

Bojan's eFG% has improved every month. Go Jazz!

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/3593/bojan-bogdanovic
ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 541

Post#23 » by ForeverRDjazz » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:24 pm

Crunch 99 wrote:Bojan's eFG% has improved every month. Go Jazz!

Come playoff time he'll be huge key how the jazz do.
Crunch 99
General Manager

Post#24 » by Crunch 99 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:25 pm

Crunch 99 wrote:Bojan's eFG% has improved every month. Go Jazz!

My defense of Bogey hasn't aged well. :lol: The month of March has been rough, with Bogey shooting 37.6% from two and 34.9% from three. I haven't noticed him paying attention to his wrist lately, so hopefully this is just a psychologically driven shooting slump and Bogey will find better rhythm, consistency and confidence before the playoffs start.

He's never going to be an exceptional defender, so we need him to be the consistent, exceptional shooter that he was last season.

The Jazz only have three buzzer beater, game winning shots in the last five seasons, and Bogey has two of them. Gobert has the other one in 2017. I want buzzer beater Bogey back!
Crunch 99
General Manager

Post#25 » by Crunch 99 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:40 pm

Concerning dribbling in to the paint and tovs, Harpring said a few games ago that the problem is a "KYP - Know Your Personnnel" problem rather than a general problem where he should never do it. Harpring noted that Draymond Green stripped the ball twice from Bogey on the dribble in the GS game. Harpring said Bogey should recognize who is guarding him and should just be more selective about who he tries to take on a dribble.
@ndrew
Analyst
And1: 198

Post#26 » by @ndrew » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:57 pm

Best performance of BB is our only chance for championship. If he can hit his open shots, that’s terrific. Otherwise, we are screwed.
And he should stop his driving and waiving hands after every touch. Bogey, you are not James Harden.
@ndrew
Analyst
And1: 198

Post#27 » by @ndrew » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:14 am

So how did you like that play before the end of 2nd q from BB? Teams are scouting him because of that plays. Now finally even Jazz broadcast is saying it
ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 541

Post#28 » by ForeverRDjazz » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:35 am

About time Coach let Joe finish and Bogey ride the pine. Bogey ain't got it this year and Joe is money money money. The Subway sandwich, Joe Money special!
zero24gravity
Sixth Man
And1: 842

Post#29 » by zero24gravity » Mon May 10, 2021 10:54 pm

Player of the week!

As someone who has my fair share of issues with Bogey (defense, dribbling of any kind, etc.), I'm still really happy for him. Hoping the confidence can carry with him when Mitchell & Conley come back. We need everyone clicking on all cylinders headed into the playoffs, and Bogey certainly can be a key part of a deep playoff run.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/262530/Russell-Westbrook-Bojan-Bogdanovic-Named-NBA-Players-Of-The-Week
TNJazz
Rookie
And1: 431

Post#30 » by TNJazz » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:19 pm

IMHO, Bogey is the dark horse, the under the radar player that can be the killer opponents don't scout as hard as the bigger names (Mitchell, Gobert, Conley, Clarkson, even Ingles). I'm not saying he isn't scouted, he just isn't the focus and that can work to the Jazz's advantage as he is really the only Jazz player who can back down his opponent and get the inside bucket. It's too bad he isn't as respected by the officials to get many "and 1's" but I think he has learned to just accept that and keep hammering away. While I was not a big supporter of him doing this early in the season, his growth with this move is going to be very important to the continued success in this years playoff's. He still has the ability to nail 3's which also makes him a dangerous weapon. To me, Bogey is the key as he needs to be the primary "Other guy" who steps up to give DM, JC, & the French Rejection support.

Having DM and MC out near the end of the regular season was exactly what Bogey needed as he became the powerhouse that took over when they were out. If you remember, this is exactly what he did in Indiana when Oladipo went down. I hope this late season surge with his production continues and will prove to be the difference.
zero24gravity
Sixth Man
And1: 842

Post#31 » by zero24gravity » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:23 pm

So far I am LOVING "Vs Clippers Bogey". Yeah, I said it. Me. The guy who is his biggest critique. He's playing hard on D and so far there's only been one TO that made me want to scream (ok, I actually did scream) in the first 2 games. Shooting well, timely shots, playing within in offense. Making a difference without having to score 30. Keep it up, sir!
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,736

Post#32 » by AingesBurner » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:11 pm

Bogey shutting down Kawhi reminds me of Okie shutting down Ming in that playoff series, he couldn’t contribute much to the offense but his defense was key.
Ingles is cooked.
Crunch 99
General Manager

Post#33 » by Crunch 99 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:29 pm

GobertReport wrote:Bogey shutting down Kawhi reminds me of Okie shutting down Ming in that playoff series, he couldn’t contribute much to the offense but his defense was key.

Bogey is averaging an efficient 17 ppg on 11 FGA this Clipper series. That's a very important contribution to the offense.

Regarding defense, Ryan Miller at KSL.com had a nice writeup about Bogey yesterday, including some comments from Snyder. Bogey did us a great service by putting more defensive pressure on Kawhi the first two games than Kawhi had seen in the Dallas series. Our other starters put defensive pressure on Kawhi as well. Kawhi might adjust and break out, but the first two games are already Jazz wins on the ledger. Go Jazz!

Jazz forward has surprised with 'superb' defense in 2nd round series
https://www.ksl.com/article/50184349/bojan-the-kawhi-stopper-jazz-forward-has-surprised-with-superb-defense-in-2nd-round-series

Snips from Snyder:
"He's one of the more competitive guys that I've ever been around, and that translates to both ends of the floor. It doesn't show up as much on the defensive end — it's not as noticeable I should say — but, certainly, in this series, with those few guys, not just All-Star players but a couple of the very best players in the league, it's hard to contain. If anything, I just liked the way he's competing. Obviously, it's important to him. He knows how much we need him to win, and that's what matters to him the most."

"What Bojan did tonight (game 2) shouldn't go unnoticed," Snyder said. "He epitomized — when you talk about a warrior, the way that he played on both ends of the floor."

Return to Utah Jazz