ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,264

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#1581 » by Onus » Fri May 14, 2021 2:32 pm

Eric Bieniemy wrote:The clear target for me is Otto Porter Jr. He fulfills the combo/3&D forward role they hoped Oubre would fill.

They also need a seasoned starting center and an offensive bigman off the bench like Bobby Portis.

Porter and Portis would be my top priorities. After that, in order of importance, the Warriors need 20 minute veteran, defensive starting center, they need an offensive, shooting wing off the bench, and a tall defensively elite backup PG, who can play with both Curry and Thompson (in the mold of Livingston).

Otto would be great if he was ever healthy
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Eric Bieniemy
Pro Prospect
And1: 575

Post#1582 » by Eric Bieniemy » Fri May 14, 2021 2:37 pm

*** draft best player available with the Minnesota pick, and put him and Wiseman at the end of the bench playing sparingly ***

(1) trade Wiggins, the #17 pick, and Paschall for a sign and traded Otto Porter Jr., Michael Carter-Williams, and Terrance Ross

(2) sign Bobby Portis to the MLE

(3) trade a future lottery-protected 1st round pick and salary filler to L.A for Marc Gasol

(4) sign Iguodala to biannual exception

(5) sign McGee to the minimum

PG - Curry - Carter-Williams
SG - Thompson - Ross
C - Gasol - McGee - Wiseman
PF - Green - Portis
SF - Porter Jr. - Iguodala
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,096

Post#1583 » by The-Power » Fri May 14, 2021 2:37 pm

Eric Bieniemy wrote:The clear target for me is Otto Porter Jr. He fulfills the combo/3&D forward role they hoped Oubre would fill.

At this point, he'd fulfill the role as permanent member of the Warriors' rehab club.

Also no, most recent #2 pick (who was projected to be a top 3 pick and only just turned 20) is not on his way to becoming a negative asset after playing less than half a season worth of games. That's ridiculous.
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,096

Post#1584 » by The-Power » Fri May 14, 2021 2:45 pm

Eric Bieniemy wrote:PG - Curry - Carter-Williams
SG - Thompson - Ross
PF - Green - Portis

Yikes. So our SF rotation is a guy who's more often injured than healthy and a guy who turns 38 before next season. Terrible. MCW is a terrible player – just because he's tall doesn't qualify him, he's just not a good player. You also bury Wiseman behind Gasol and McGee, which makes absolutely no sense (just trade him in that case). Just like it would be a complete waste of our assets to use the MIN pick and have that player benched most of the year as well. I also seriously doubt we could get Portis for the MLE.

Safe to say that I'm very happy you are not calling the shots for the Warriors.
Eric Bieniemy
Pro Prospect

Post#1585 » by Eric Bieniemy » Fri May 14, 2021 2:49 pm

The-Power wrote:

At this point, he'd fulfill the role as permanent member of the Warriors' rehab club.

Also no, most recent #2 pick (who was projected to be a top 3 pick and only just turned 20) is not on his way to becoming a negative asset after playing less than half a season worth of games. That's ridiculous.

That's a fair point about Wiseman. Making just under ten million, he would have to commit murder to become a negative asset. I exaggerated there.

Regarding Porter Jr., you're right again. He has been perpetually hurt. But players do heal. If he checked out physically, I'd make the trade. If not, I wouldn't. You'd be surprised how players heal when they get in great career positions/opportunities.
Eric Bieniemy
Pro Prospect

Post#1586 » by Eric Bieniemy » Fri May 14, 2021 2:57 pm

The-Power wrote:
Eric Bieniemy wrote:PG - Curry - Carter-Williams
SG - Thompson - Ross
PF - Green - Portis

Yikes. So our SF rotation is a guy who's more often injured than healthy and a guy who turns 38 before next season. Terrible. MCW is a terrible player – just because he's tall doesn't qualify him, he's just not a good player. You also bury Wiseman behind Gasol and McGee, which makes absolutely no sense (just trade him in that case). Just like it would be a complete waste of our assets to use the MIN pick and have that player benched most of the year as well. I also seriously doubt we could get Portis for the MLE.

Safe to say that I'm very happy you are not calling the shots for the Warriors.

We disagree about Williams as a defensive role player. I think he'd thrive in this role.

Ross would get a great deal of minutes at SF to support the 38 year old and the injury-riddled starter. I also lean toward drafting a wing with the MIN pick, so SF is in good hands, IMO.

As far as Wiseman, make him earn his minutes playing behind two old guys. If he's worth he's worth his salt, he'll beat out McGee fairly quickly. If not, he'll learn alot as he sits.

Portis may or may not be available for the MLE. if he isn't, sign Markieff Morris to the same deal.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,248

Post#1587 » by xdrta+ » Fri May 14, 2021 3:19 pm

Eric Bieniemy wrote:*** draft best player available with the Minnesota pick, and put him and Wiseman at the end of the bench playing sparingly ***

(1) trade Wiggins, the #17 pick, and Paschall for a sign and traded Otto Porter Jr., Michael Carter-Williams, and Terrance Ross

(3) trade a future lottery-protected 1st round pick and salary filler to L.A for Marc Gasol

SG - Thompson - Ross
PF - Green - Portis

Aside from everything I don't care for on this list (most of it) team salary will easily be above the Apron next season, so they can't receive a sign-and-traded player (Porter). The same is true of using the bi-annual exception. Even if they could get below it, both those things would hard cap them, making it difficult to even fill out the roster.
Eric Bieniemy
Pro Prospect

Post#1588 » by Eric Bieniemy » Fri May 14, 2021 3:22 pm

Thanks for the info, sir.
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,374

Post#1589 » by GSWFan1994 » Fri May 14, 2021 4:58 pm

Eric Bieniemy wrote:*** draft best player available with the Minnesota pick, and put him and Wiseman at the end of the bench playing sparingly ***

SG - Thompson - Ross
PF - Green - Portis

These are horrible!

Also, Wiggins is a net negative, but Otto Porter is a good hiring?

As Joe Biden would say, "come on, man!"
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#1590 » by Commodor » Fri May 14, 2021 5:02 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
Commodor wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
Yes a team without Curry+Green is as good as you guys and that's a lot due to Valanciunas+Anderson+Melton

If JJJ and Ja are the half of Memphis coming back I’m very interested. Those are the real pieces.

You’re not getting wiseman unless a real asset comes back and no, that doesn’t mean attach the GSW 24’ on top of the original bad trade.

I don’t see Memphis and GSW making any moves together involving Wiseman or the MIN pick.

Yeah they are the big assets but your not giving up Curry to get them are you?

It's important to try be objective with your assets. Wiggins is a negative asset and if Wiseman doesn't significantly improve next season then he might be viewed that way as well.

I absolutely don't believe those assets would be viewed particularly highly at the moment but you also need to remember some of the optics of the situation.

It would look incredibly bad to move Wiseman after just 2/3 of a season with no offseason program. Why give up on a player of that high potential that quickly after letting guys like Jordan Poole, Kevon Looney and Eric Paschall develop at their own pace?

Wiggins is not a positive asset sure but that is because other teams see his contract as onerous. IF wiggins was playing terribly and GSW was desperate to move him that would be a problem, but he's not. He's playing the best ball of his career and fitting in well with the team. Why would GSW pay extra to move him if he's having a positive impact?

As for the actual results of this trade, do you actually see the resulting roster as a true contender in the west? No. And I can promise you Curry, Klay & Draymond don't care if they are eliminated in the play-in game, 1st round or WCF. It is Finals or nothing at this time so a trade like this REALLY doesn't help sway our stars anyways.

I could potentially see a trade for the GSW 21' 1st for one or two of those players mentioned, but in no world is Wiseman or the MIN pick available unless Memphis brings real assets to the table.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,174

Post#1591 » by watch1958 » Fri May 14, 2021 5:43 pm

If Wiggins is valuable on the court for the Warriors, but has a negative trade value because of his contract, then you don’t trade him.

That didn’t seem so complicated.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,150

Post#1592 » by TB » Tue May 18, 2021 7:51 pm

Would Boston listen to a trade of:

Wiggins, Wiseman, Paschall, minny pick, our 1st
for
Brown, Smart, Williams

Steph / Smart
Klay / Poole
Brown / Baze
Dray / JTA
Looney / Williams
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Post#1593 » by donkeylips » Tue May 18, 2021 8:32 pm

no. wiggins is still a bad contract and boston's owner is on the cheaper side. wiseman didnt have a good rookie year so his value is lower. paschall isnt even in the rotation anymore. im sure they have williams > paschall, smart > wiggins and brown > wiseman and the picks.
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#1594 » by Scoots1994 » Tue May 18, 2021 9:33 pm

TB wrote:Would Boston listen to a trade of:

for
Brown, Smart, Williams

Steph / Smart
Klay / Poole
Brown / Baze
Dray / JTA
Looney / Williams

I really like Brown, but Smart is way over-valued. That's a big over-pay from the Warriors I think. The picks are the real killer on that deal.
TB
General Manager

Post#1595 » by TB » Tue May 18, 2021 10:40 pm

donkeylips wrote:no. wiggins is still a bad contract and boston's owner is on the cheaper side. wiseman didnt have a good rookie year so his value is lower. paschall isnt even in the rotation anymore. im sure they have williams > paschall, smart > wiggins and brown > wiseman and the picks.

I tend to agree with this. Would probably need to add another future 1st or two. And thats assuming they want to go in a different direction due to their bad season.

Could be an interesting trade partner though.
TB
General Manager

Post#1596 » by TB » Tue May 18, 2021 10:44 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
TB wrote:Would Boston listen to a trade of:

for
Brown, Smart, Williams

Steph / Smart
Klay / Poole
Brown / Baze
Dray / JTA
Looney / Williams

I really like Brown, but Smart is way over-valued. That's a big over-pay from the Warriors I think. The picks are the real killer on that deal.

Definitely don't like giving up the picks, but the timeframe of Brown/Smart fits with our core even if those picks end up being something good. But in all honesty its very low odds that any picks we keep end up as good as either of those players. Which is why Warriors probably would need to pay even more than what I listed out.

As for Smart, I personally think he is still underrated. He is a net positive for that team in almost every scenario.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,254

Post#1597 » by wco81 » Tue May 18, 2021 11:44 pm

Smart's contract is coming up and he's going to want a big bump.

Brown's deal comes up a year or two after that and he's probably going to get a big deal if he has another season like this one.

Brown won't settle for 3 and D role where he gets kick outs. He's going to want to show his shotmaking, shot creating skills.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,411

Post#1598 » by ILOVEIT » Wed May 19, 2021 12:42 am

Just thought of this one.
Wolves move KAT to Warriors in a three way deal that includes Wiggins (to another team), Wiseman, 2021 lottery pick back from Warriors

Oddly....I think I would prefer to keep Wiggins, Wiseman and pick lol....my how times have changed!
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,829

Post#1599 » by cdubbz » Wed May 19, 2021 1:06 am

I’m keeping an eye on 76ers and Celtics if they fall apart this season. Have pieces j like to trade for
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
SAKURABA216
Starter
And1: 817

Post#1600 » by SAKURABA216 » Wed May 19, 2021 5:23 pm

cdubbz wrote:I’m keeping an eye on 76ers and Celtics if they fall apart this season. Have pieces j like to trade for

If the Celtics fall apart and we are able to draft Suggs with the #4 pick then a trade of Suggs + Wiseman + #17 pick+ additional FRPs for Jalen Brown could benefit both teams. Tatum is a superstar, but with the Nets, 76ers, Bucks, and Heat all clearly better than the Celtics, this would give them a chance to develop a new young core around Suggs, Nesmith, Tatum, and Wiseman that could potentially contend in a few years.

Of course, this is Ainge we are talking about so he would likely want to switch out Brown for Kemba or Smart.

Return to Golden State Warriors