Game 72: Indiana Pacers (33-38) @ Toronto Raptors (27-44) - 1:00 PM 

Post#1 » by ducler » Sun May 16, 2021 6:31 pm

Read on Twitter
Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 823

Re: Game 72: Indiana Pacers (33-38) @ Toronto Raptors (27-44) - 1:00 PM 

Post#2 » by Pacersike » Sun May 16, 2021 6:47 pm

Best is to win this game, get homecourt advantage and pick at 13.

Excited to have Domantas back, more to follow hopefully.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 3,987

Post#3 » by Wizop » Sun May 16, 2021 6:49 pm

Mad Ants v 905Raptors

Sent from my phone.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Pacersike
Analyst

Post#4 » by Pacersike » Sun May 16, 2021 7:53 pm

Awesome, Hornets don't have anyone (yet) that we shouldn't be able to slow down in crunch time. Westbrook will be a different story, if, rather big if, the Celtics can win their game.

I truly wish that Myles Turner can make the action where his mouth is and defend better against/than Simmons and Embiid.
If not, a big chance for goodbye. Not on my team that people are allowed to insult other opinions about DPOY. Which Myles does and Kevin's team amazingly allows for multiple occasions. Insults are for the weak, be the better man, always.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#5 » by Topofthekey » Sun May 16, 2021 7:53 pm

Pacersike wrote:Best is to win this game, get homecourt advantage and pick at 13.

Pacers won't pick at #13 if they make the playoffs
Wizop
RealGM

Post#6 » by Wizop » Sun May 16, 2021 8:06 pm

Pacersike wrote:Awesome, Hornets don't have anyone (yet) that we shouldn't be able to slow down in crunch time. Westbrook will be a different story, if, rather big if, the Celtics can win their game.

We play Hornets and if we win the Celtics Wizards loser. I'd rather play the Celtics so I don't want them to win Tuesday.

Sent from my phone.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant

Post#7 » by Topofthekey » Sun May 16, 2021 8:23 pm

Raptors rested their players it seems

I wish Bjorkgren played Cassius Stanley and gave Goga more playing time, instead of playing Domas and TJ 39 and 40 minutes

I guess he really wanted the W
Pacers Forever
Starter
And1: 675

Post#8 » by Pacers Forever » Sun May 16, 2021 8:36 pm

Topofthekey wrote:Raptors rested their players it seems

I wish Bjorkgren played Cassius Stanley and gave Goga more playing time, instead of playing Domas and TJ 39 and 40 minutes

I guess he really wanted the W

Nothing new there he over extended the starters minutes all season until they got hurt and he couldn't play them :banghead:
Pacers Forever
Starter
And1: 675

Post#9 » by Pacers Forever » Sun May 16, 2021 8:42 pm

Wizop wrote:
Pacersike wrote:Awesome, Hornets don't have anyone (yet) that we shouldn't be able to slow down in crunch time. Westbrook will be a different story, if, rather big if, the Celtics can win their game.

We play Hornets and if we win the Celtics Wizards loser. I'd rather play the Celtics so I don't want them to win Tuesday.

Sent from my phone.

Really hard to predict who will win the Celtics vs. Wizards. Celts so banged up that they've been struggling but I still think they have more talent than the Wizards. Pacers vs. Hornets will be a close game also as both teams are banged up. I think the Pacers can pull it out if they get another healthy body back.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,027

Post#10 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun May 16, 2021 9:39 pm

With the regular season over, we ended up a total net points scored for the season of -3. Opponents out scored us by 3 total points over the course of the season, as we have finished 34-38.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#11 » by Wizop » Sun May 16, 2021 9:49 pm

Pacers Forever wrote:I think the Pacers can pull it out if they get another healthy body back.

I hope Brogdon and LeVert can play. Bjorkgren pretty much said Myles and Lamb are out

Sent from my phone.
Pacersike
Analyst

Post#12 » by Pacersike » Tue May 18, 2021 10:49 pm

Topofthekey wrote:
Pacersike wrote:Best is to win this game, get homecourt advantage and pick at 13.

Doesn't make any sense, is dishonest use of rules, but you are right!
Wizop
RealGM

Post#13 » by Wizop » Wed May 19, 2021 12:55 am

Pacersike wrote:
Topofthekey wrote:

I know if we're the 8 seed we're not in the lottery and can't move up. I also know whoever we beat Thursday does fall into the lottery. What I'm not sure of is where we pick. Stats from play in games are neither regular season nor playoff stats. Are play in wins different?

Sent from my phone.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by Topofthekey » Wed May 19, 2021 1:05 am

Wizop wrote:
Pacersike wrote:
Topofthekey wrote:Pacers won't pick at #13 if they make the playoffs

I know if we're the 8 seed we're not in the lottery and can't move up. I also know whoever we beat Thursday does fall into the lottery. What I'm not sure of is where we pick. Stats from play in games are neither regular season nor playoff stats. Are play in wins different?

Sent from my phone.

I think the 16 teams that made it to the playoffs will just pick in reverse order of the regular season W-L record

So we'll most likely be picking at #15, unless Spurs makes the 8th in the west, in which case I assume we get bumped back one spot to #16
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed May 19, 2021 1:18 am

Topofthekey wrote:
Wizop wrote:
Pacersike wrote:Doesn't make any sense, is dishonest use of rules, but you are right!

Sent from my phone.

I think the 16 teams that made it to the playoffs will just pick in reverse order of the regular season W-L record

So we'll most likely be picking at #15, unless Spurs makes the 8th in the west, in which case I assume we get bumped back one spot to #16

Play in wins don’t count. The team’s eliminated in each conference go to the lottery and are slotted into the lottery at their regular season record. The team’s that make the playoff are slotted in reverse order of the regular season W-L record, as Topofthekey stated. Tiebreakers are settled by coin flips before the lottery.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#16 » by Wizop » Wed May 19, 2021 1:18 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:Play in wins don’t count. The team’s eliminated in each conference go to the lottery and are slotted into the lottery at their regular season record. The team’s that make the playoff are slotted in reverse order of the regular season W-L record, as Topofthekey stated. Tiebreakers are settled by coin flips before the lottery.

I believe you but note the inconsistency between play-in wins don't count and the eventual playoff teams pick after all of the lottery teams. I have looked for something on this in the rule and I'm not finding anything other than the playoff teams are not in the lottery. I know that means they get zero ping pong balls but I haven't found anything that specifically addresses what happens if we win Thursday.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed May 19, 2021 1:24 pm

Wizop wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:Play in wins don’t count. The team’s eliminated in each conference go to the lottery and are slotted into the lottery at their regular season record. The team’s that make the playoff are slotted in reverse order of the regular season W-L record, as Topofthekey stated. Tiebreakers are settled by coin flips before the lottery.

I believe you but note the inconsistency between play-in wins don't count and the eventual playoff teams pick after all of the lottery teams. I have looked for something on this in the rule and I'm not finding anything other than the playoff teams are not in the lottery. I know that means they get zero ping pong balls but I haven't found anything that specifically addresses what happens if we win Thursday.

The play in didn’t change anything in terms of draft positioning. It only sorts what teams are in the playoffs and what teams are in the lottery. After the play-in, teams are sorted in order as usual, as if the play-in never happened, for the first round. The 2nd round is the same as always; all teams sorted in reverse order of record, regardless of playoff or lottery team.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#18 » by Wizop » Wed May 19, 2021 2:01 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:The 2nd round is the same as always; all teams sorted in reverse order of record, regardless of playoff or lottery team.

which hurts us should we win tomorrow. we'd keep that reverse protected second rounder if playoff teams came after lottery teams in the second.

oh, I think I see the rule I've been missing. forgetting the play-in, say an Eastern Conference team makes the playoffs with a worse record than a Western Conference team that does not, the Western team picks higher despite having a better record. the play in just allows the same situation to occur with two teams in the same conference.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed May 19, 2021 2:12 pm

Wizop wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:The 2nd round is the same as always; all teams sorted in reverse order of record, regardless of playoff or lottery team.

which hurts us should we win tomorrow. we'd keep that reverse protected second rounder if playoff teams came after lottery teams in the second.

Correct. Though, it does clear out our liability to Brooklyn, and allows us to clear our debt to Orlando (via Milwaukee from the Brogdon S&T) next year, so it makes trades a tad bit easier. And, we still have 2 2nds to be able to try and trade up in the 2nd. :dontknow:
oh, I think I see the rule I've been missing. forgetting the play-in, say an Eastern Conference team makes the playoffs with a worse record than a Western Conference team that does not, the Western team picks higher despite having a better record. the play in just allows the same situation to occur with two teams in the same conference.

Correct.

Return to Indiana Pacers