ImageImageImage

The New Improved 2021-2022 Trade/Offseason Thread

Moderator: THE J0KER

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

The New Improved 2021-2022 Trade/Offseason Thread 

Post#1 » by skywalker33 » Wed May 12, 2021 1:56 am

Well, seems we needed a new thread so here goes. Gotta preface that this is NOT my strong point but I'll put one out that I'd like to see for next season.

DEN send Bol Bol, Vlatko Cancar
CHI sends Tony Brown Jr.

The more I watch Bol, apparent he's got talent but he doesn't mesh with this team. Cancar can still develop but we're set in the front court. Brown plays the wing, could help out with Murray on the mend.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Re: The New Improved 2021-2022 Trade Thread 

Post#2 » by NuggetsWY » Wed May 12, 2021 2:43 am

skywalker33 wrote:Well, seems we needed a new thread so here goes. Gotta preface that this is NOT my strong point but I'll put one out that I'd like to see for next season.

DEN send Bol Bol, Vlatko Cancar
CHI sends Tony Brown Jr.

The more I watch Bol, apparent he's got talent but he doesn't mesh with this team. Cancar can still develop but we're set in the front court. Brown plays the wing, could help out with Murray on the mend.

Quiet start - not a big trade, but I like it. Brown doesn't seem to have a big upside on the offensive end, but he's not terrible on defense.

Only guards under contract for next year are Murray, Campazzo, Morris (maybe Barton but I doubt it). Brown makes a nice emergency guard/small forward. My opinion.
skywalker33

Re: The New Improved 2021-2022 Trade/Offseason Thread 

Post#3 » by skywalker33 » Sun May 16, 2021 11:26 pm

Thought it may open some options if I added an OFFSEASON portion to this as well. With Morris back, Facu developing, even Howard showing something, PG looks in decent hands until Murray returns. So, I put on my Carnac turban and feel we will need to upgrade at the SG (starter or backup), backup C and backup SF. It clear MPJ will/has taken over the PF position and Nnaji could/should be part of the backup going forward. I, personally think JaVale could be a good option for the backup C position, let's see what he'll do in the playoffs, his true value will show there. That leaves the wings as the biggest question marks. Barton, whose health issues seem to be developing more and more, needs to show where we are at with him. Rivers could become a nice talent off the bench, again, we'll see. I also expect us to draft the best wing out there.

So, any wings you'd like to see us attempt to get ?

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Denver & Miami 

Post#4 » by NuggetsWY » Mon May 17, 2021 1:58 am

Miami might be an interesting trading partner. They have a lot of free agents, along with a couple of team-options.

If they are going to re-sign, then they might be willing to trade Herro.
If they are not going to exercise their team option on Dragic, they could surely use a PG like Morris. I'd like to keep Morris, but he deserves more minutes and he's got some value.

Morris for Herro seems like a fairly even trade - if Miami wants a PG.
Herro would be a nice SG - starter or bench.

I'd rather trade for Robinson, but he'll be a free agent - so it would have to be a sign-n-trade.

Depending on Robinson's salary demands; I'd be willing to offer Barton or Green plus a future 1st. He'd make a nice bench SF - maybe even a starter.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Denver & Charlotte 

Post#5 » by NuggetsWY » Mon May 17, 2021 2:35 am

Another team that intrigues me is Charlotte. Hayward is their starting SF and that seems like his best position. They have Graham and Monk at SG and they look to be adequate or better. They also have Washington & Bridges, both of whom look like SFs. I wouldn't object to trading for either one. Their ages, salaries, shooting, and more are all rather similar. If we started one of them at SG, it'd sure make our lineup big, but I think it might work. My preference would be Washington, but either would be acceptable.

Their biggest need might be a PF. Green plus a future 1st seems close to fair IMO.
Or we could offer something like two of: Bol or Morris or Dozier or Cancar.
skywalker33

Post#6 » by skywalker33 » Tue May 18, 2021 1:10 am

Hoping Bol Bol shows up this playoff season, if for no other reason than create some type of trade value.

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#7 » by The Rebel » Tue May 18, 2021 4:28 am

skywalker33 wrote:Thought it may open some options if I added an OFFSEASON portion to this as well. With Morris back, Facu developing, even Howard showing something, PG looks in decent hands until Murray returns. So, I put on my Carnac turban and feel we will need to upgrade at the SG (starter or backup), backup C and backup SF. It clear MPJ will/has taken over the PF position and Nnaji could/should be part of the backup going forward. I, personally think JaVale could be a good option for the backup C position, let's see what he'll do in the playoffs, his true value will show there. That leaves the wings as the biggest question marks. Barton, whose health issues seem to be developing more and more, needs to show where we are at with him. Rivers could become a nice talent off the bench, again, we'll see. I also expect us to draft the best wing out there.

So, any wings you'd like to see us attempt to get ?

The guys I would target are Alex Caruso, Malik Monk, and Josh Hart.

I would give either Caruso or Hart a 3 year MLE deal to come in and be our starting SG. With Jokic, MPJ, Gordon, and Morris we don't need a guy who can score a ton and we could use either ones defense. Caruso is unrestricted, and Hart is restricted but the Pelicans would prefer to develop their young guards reportedly.

Monk may be a harder guy to get, he is restricted, but with all the guards the Hornets have, and needing to re-sign Graham and get a starting and backup Center, than maybe they would be open to a sign and trade for a future 2nd round pick and cap space since we can use our TPE to take him back.

Promote 1 of Harrison or Howard to a regular contract, and use the other 2 way contract to sign a 2/3 that falls out of the draft but maybe something after a year in our development program.

I would also draft a project 2/3 that can use a year of developing, while bringing back Dozier, Harrison, and Howard for the backcourt and backup SF.

I would re-sign McGee, we can sign him to 120% without using the MLE or LLE, so it would make sense to bring him back. I would also bring back Green and let him and NNaji compete for minutes. Of course bring back Cancar since he will still be cheap another year and he seems to provide good depth.

Trade Bol for a 2nd round pick and draft Petrusev as a project C that can ride the bench for a year.

Give us a rotation of
Morris/Campazzo/ Howard (Murray)
Caruso/ Monk/ Harrison
Gordon/ Dozier/ 1st round pick/ developmental guy
MPJ/ Green/ Nnaji
Jokic/ Mcgee/ Petrusev
skywalker33

Post#8 » by skywalker33 » Thu May 20, 2021 4:38 am

Caruso has looked really good in the play-in game, have to agree with the Rebel he'd make a nice acquisition for the Nuggets.

skywalker33

Post#9 » by skywalker33 » Fri May 21, 2021 1:38 am

THT has some potential, he can fill in for Murray while he's out then transition to a scorer off the bench upon The Blue Arrow's return

skywalker33

Post#10 » by skywalker33 » Tue May 25, 2021 2:48 pm

Wouldn't a Jokic/Dame duo be UNSTOPPABLE ??

Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#11 » by Coeur » Tue May 25, 2021 11:28 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Wouldn't a Jokic/Dame duo be UNSTOPPABLE ??

With Carmelo back for a run up the top 10 scorer list

If Lillard wanted out he’d maybe get to pick his spot. Kind of a harden level trade not gut the roster type trade. Future picks and pick swaps ?

If Lillard just wants out and highest bidder I don’t think Nugs want in on that. The cost would be MpJ or Murray plus a bunch.
Coeur
Assistant Coach

Post#12 » by Coeur » Tue May 25, 2021 11:37 pm

Monte Morris at 3 years 9 mill per is a great contract and value. At backup pg. I think there’s half a dozen or more teams that should be targeting Monte as a starting pg.

Same for campazzo. One of the only good things to come from the injury rash hitting Nugs guards is at his salary if he’s played his way into being viewed as a backup pg that’s a big value raise.

Trade Facu and maybe Morris because of their value

Bulls, wizards, maybe pelicans( Lonzo leaves), and more should or could be interested
Coeur
Assistant Coach

Post#13 » by Coeur » Tue May 25, 2021 11:42 pm

Westbrook is the most interesting “run at a title” might be “perfect timing” guy for the Nugs.

Do it all learning to play with Jokic and cover for Murray while he recovers. Then you add Murray back and......

Westbrook
Murray
MpJ
AG
Jokic

I get there’s a payroll problem the following year with MpJ and Gordon up for new deals but that team wins a title.
skywalker33

Post#14 » by skywalker33 » Wed May 26, 2021 4:47 am

Coeur wrote:Westbrook is the most interesting “run at a title” might be “perfect timing” guy for the Nugs.

Do it all learning to play with Jokic and cover for Murray while he recovers. Then you add Murray back and......

Westbrook
Murray
MpJ
AG
Jokic

I get there’s a payroll problem the following year with MpJ and Gordon up for new deals but that team wins a title.

To be effective Westbrook has to dominate the ball....do you really want to take the ball out of Jokic's hands ?? And with his salary, it's gonna take at least one of of our starter to get him, again not realistic IMO. You like the names on the back of the jersies more than the one on the front. :roll:

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by The Rebel » Sat May 29, 2021 10:34 pm

Coeur wrote:Monte Morris at 3 years 9 mill per is a great contract and value. At backup pg. I think there’s half a dozen or more teams that should be targeting Monte as a starting pg.

Same for campazzo. One of the only good things to come from the injury rash hitting Nugs guards is at his salary if he’s played his way into being viewed as a backup pg that’s a big value raise.

Trade Facu and maybe Morris because of their value

Bulls, wizards, maybe pelicans( Lonzo leaves), and more should or could be interested

Trade them for what? Who is our PG? Why would we be shopping 2 guys on value contracts at a position of need?
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by The Rebel » Sat May 29, 2021 10:35 pm

skywalker33 wrote:THT has some potential, he can fill in for Murray while he's out then transition to a scorer off the bench upon The Blue Arrow's return

Horton-Tucker is a restricted free agent and I doubt the Lakers let him leave. They screwed up with Caruso not getting him to sign at least a 3 year deal as a rookie.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by The Rebel » Sat May 29, 2021 10:42 pm

Coeur wrote:Westbrook is the most interesting “run at a title” might be “perfect timing” guy for the Nugs.

Westbrook
Murray
MpJ
AG
Jokic

That team doesn't win a title, do you not see what happens when Jokic is on the court with 2 guys who defenses are not worried about shooting?

For our offense to work we need guys willing to move off the ball, for an offense to work with Westbrook you need guys to spot up and not move.

So how does that work?

Also it is not only a payroll problem the following year, it is a payroll problem this year. How do you trade for Westbrook? We have to trade $33+ million out to get Westbrook, which means that one of Jokic, Murray, or Gordon has to go out, and if it is Gordon than the only way it works is if Barton opts in and is included in the deal.

Just like when you wanted to trade half the team for Gordon who we got for an injured Harris, a rookie, and a future pick, you severly underrate Nuggets players, ignore financials, and ignore fit with the team. We cannot just add someone on a $45 million dollar a year contract, and what it would take to get that guy is a easy no.
skywalker33

Post#18 » by skywalker33 » Sat Jun 5, 2021 8:03 pm

Seeing a few T&T posts thinking they can steal Murray because he's injured. I think when we get Dozier and Barton back, we'll be fine, we'll surely get in injured player exception next year and we'll be stronger when he returns. MPJ is gaining much-needed experience and confidence, Nnaji will have another TC to get better. So far we aren't falling apart as we're doing alright in the playoffs, so I have to laugh at such ignorance.

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by The Rebel » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:58 am

skywalker33 wrote:Seeing a few T&T posts thinking they can steal Murray because he's injured. I think when we get Dozier and Barton back, we'll be fine, we'll surely get in injured player exception next year and we'll be stronger when he returns. MPJ is gaining much-needed experience and confidence, Nnaji will have another TC to get better. So far we aren't falling apart as we're doing alright in the playoffs, so I have to laugh at such ignorance.

I am not the least bit worried about the front office dumping Murray for random scrubs, if they trade him it would be for a superstar or a top 3 pick, and even then I am not sure they would do it.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by The Rebel » Mon Jun 7, 2021 3:34 am

Right now it appears that the Trailblazers are going to try to get a new star and reshuffling the deck one more time before they lose Dame. I could see them going after Siakam if nothing else comes up. I wonder if we maybe able to help them if Barton doesn't opt out?

I don't think Toronto would want McCullom, but I can see them wanting picks and cap space. They have to add at least 1 decent free agent Center and re-sign Gary Trent JR, with the emergence of Anunoby and Boucher and their draft history I could see extra picks being a bigger priority for them.

The Blazers traded for Covington who realistically is a poor man's siakam in many ways, they desperatly need better forwards, and with the Powell acquisition and Simons playing decent off the bench they can afford to lose McCullom to get the forwards they need.

Toronto would trade Siakam for Green, Bol, Jones Jr, a Denver 1st, and a 2023 Portland 1st round pick.

Blazers trade McCullom and Jones Jr for Siakam and Barton.

Nuggets trade Barton, Green, Bol, and 25th overall pick for McCullom

We add a huge contract to the payroll for the next 3 years but it gives us a lineup of Murray/McCullom/ Gordon/ MPJ/ Jokic when healthy for the next 3 years. McCullom is one of only a few guys who is comfortable on or off the ball while still being able to score 20+ ppg so he would be a great fit on our offense and he can defend despite not defending the last couple of years due to having to help carry so much of the offense. If we bring back Rivers and Howard that will give us Murray (late in season), McCullom, Morris, Campazzo, Dozier, with those 2 so we would have plenty of guard depth and with Dozier having his size and Length we have backup SF covered as well.

It would leave us with MPJ, Gordon, NNaji, and Cancar as our only forwards, but we would have the TPE and/or full MLE to get another forward and find a backup Center or two.

Return to Denver Nuggets