ImageImageImageImageImage

2021-2022 roster

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Re: 2021-2022 roster 

Post#101 » by Scoots1994 » Tue May 18, 2021 9:11 pm

wco81 wrote:These play in games and playoffs, if the Warriors make it that far, will show how viable contention is next year.

If they don't seem close to the upper tier playoffs teams, then the return of Klay and addition of a couple of rookies isn't likely to drastically improve the team.

If the Warriors are competitive even if they lose, then contention will be more believable.

It will come down to Klay's level, Wiseman's improvement, and the rookies contribution.

Would you consider the below team close to "stacked" because I think it or something like it is possible if not likely? I think it's in the ballpark if we assume health and that the young guys improve.

Curry, Poole, Jaden Springer
Klay, Alec Burks, Jalen Green
Wiggins, Lee, Maurice Harkless
Green, JTA, Paschall
Wiseman, Looney, Kelly Olynyk
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,145

Post#102 » by cpower » Tue May 18, 2021 9:55 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
cpower wrote:
Onus wrote:whether you agree with it or not wiseman's development is going to be a priority. If you're a title contending team it doesn't matter what seed you are. See everyone trying to avoid the lakers at the 7th seed.

our priority has always been winning a ring. Winning a ring with the current core is 100 times more feasible than winning with a #2 pick who happens to have one of the worst advance stats in the entire league. It's not that hard of a decision really.

The Warriors want to win a ring but they don't want to sacrifice "everything" at the chance of winning 1 more ring either.

Giving up on a 19 year old rookie big who showed flashes after 1 year is absolutely premature.

you sound like winning rings is easy. There are 30 teams in this league, the chance of winning a championship is 1/30. There are still 6 teams has not won anything for 50 years! We are able to win because of Curry and his crews..Curry in a borderline top 10 player of all time and does not grow on trees.

if you have a shot of winning another ring, you have to go all in, because you may not win another one for your lifetime!
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,242

Post#103 » by xdrta+ » Tue May 18, 2021 10:10 pm

cpower wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
cpower wrote:our priority has always been winning a ring. Winning a ring with the current core is 100 times more feasible than winning with a #2 pick who happens to have one of the worst advance stats in the entire league. It's not that hard of a decision really.

The Warriors want to win a ring but they don't want to sacrifice "everything" at the chance of winning 1 more ring either.

Giving up on a 19 year old rookie big who showed flashes after 1 year is absolutely premature.

you sound like winning rings is easy. There are 30 teams in this league, the chance of winning a championship is 1/30. There are still 6 teams has not won anything for 50 years! We are able to win because of Curry and his crews..Curry in a borderline top 10 player of all time and does not grow on trees.

if you have a shot of winning another ring, you have to go all in, because you may not win another one for your lifetime!

And selling out your future for a chance at a ring may mean you're in the lottery for the rest of your lifetime.
cpower
RealGM

Post#104 » by cpower » Tue May 18, 2021 10:20 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
cpower wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:

And selling out your future for a chance at a ring may mean you're in the lottery for the rest of your lifetime.

who says Wiseman is the future? he could end up being in CBA in 2 years too. He is a uncertainty and all the evidence is going against him at the moment. He has another half of the season to prove he can make a contribution. But if still does not work out....he is not the future then..there has not been a single superstar who played 2 seasons and still making huge negative impact on the court. Can you name one?
ahmetmekin
Pro Prospect
And1: 476

Post#105 » by ahmetmekin » Tue May 18, 2021 10:34 pm

And selling out today for a scrub center like Wiseman means that this fo/ownership does not deserve a superstar like Curry.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,148

Post#106 » by TB » Tue May 18, 2021 10:56 pm

cpower wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
cpower wrote:you sound like winning rings is easy. There are 30 teams in this league, the chance of winning a championship is 1/30. There are still 6 teams has not won anything for 50 years! We are able to win because of Curry and his crews..Curry in a borderline top 10 player of all time and does not grow on trees.

who says Wiseman is the future? he could end up being in CBA in 2 years too. He is a uncertainty and all the evidence is going against him at the moment. He has another half of the season to prove he can make a contribution. But if still does not work out....he is not the future then..there has not been a single superstar who played 2 seasons and still making huge negative impact on the court. Can you name one?

I guess it depends what you consider a superstar... but Wiseman doesn't project to be a Jokic/Embiid level superstar anyways.

But for Wisemans sake, there are plenty of examples of good centers that took some time to get there. Off the top of my head:

Jermaine O'Neal
Serge Ibaka
Al Jefferson
Myles Turner

Probably a ton more, but Wiseman is tracking with those guys for the most part. I think he will be much improved next year. That being said, i'd still package him in a deal for a current fringe all-star player.
cpower
RealGM

Post#107 » by cpower » Tue May 18, 2021 11:10 pm

TB wrote:
cpower wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:

I guess it depends what you consider a superstar... but Wiseman doesn't project to be a Jokic/Embiid level superstar anyways.

But for Wisemans sake, there are plenty of examples of good centers that took some time to get there. Off the top of my head:

Jermaine O'Neal
Serge Ibaka
Al Jefferson
Myles Turner

Probably a ton more, but Wiseman is tracking with those guys for the most part. I think he will be much improved next year. That being said, i'd still package him in a deal for a current fringe all-star player.

first of all, JO came in the league straightly from high school and he did not play much at all for the first few years. He was not bad just not played. Which one of Ibaka/Jefferson/Turner is a superstar? They would barely be the 4th best on a championship team! come on man, if we are wasting Curry's whole prime for someone like Ibaka, we deserve to be a lottery team..
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,242

Post#108 » by xdrta+ » Tue May 18, 2021 11:19 pm

Such silliness about "wasting" Curry's prime, as if they're turning down some superstar they could build a superteam with, in order to keep Wiseman, Wiggins, etc. If Wiggins is a negative asset, as I keep hearing, and Wiseman is McGee at best, not to mention the rest of the scrubs, would someone please detail how they acquire a superstar? Something realistic, if possible.

Edit: More on "wasting" Curry's prime. Curry's prime brought 5 straight Finals and 3 championships. I don't call that wasting his prime.
ahmetmekin
Pro Prospect
And1: 476

Post#109 » by ahmetmekin » Tue May 18, 2021 11:32 pm

xdrta+ wrote:Such silliness about "wasting" Curry's prime, as if they're turning down some superstar they could build a superteam with, in order to keep Wiseman, Wiggins, etc. If Wiggins is a negative asset, as I keep hearing, and Wiseman is McGee at best, not to mention the rest of the scrubs, would someone please detail how they acquire a superstar? Something realistic, if possible.

Edit: More on "wasting" Curry's prime. Curry's prime brought 5 straight Finals and 3 championships. I don't call that wasting his prime.

Yes. It is either superstar or Wiseman. There is nothing in between there. Very objective analysis here.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#110 » by wco81 » Wed May 19, 2021 12:10 am

I was listening to the stats on Curry.

In the first 44 games, he averaged 80 touches a game, possessed the ball like 5-6 minutes and put up 20 shots a game, including 11 3PAs.

In the last 19 games, he averaged 84 touches a game, possessed the ball for 6-6:30 minutes and put up 24 shots and 15 3PAs per game.

I don't know what his overall minutes were like.

But basically, he increased his 3PAs by 50% a game and saw his scoring go up like 8 points a game.

So with Klay back and maybe some other scoring option, Curry can still operate at this slightly higher usage model. So in these last 20 games or so, he's taking longer 2s and taking it to the basket when rushed off the 3 point line. He's also no doubt been blitzed and has to move the ball for the team to take advantage of 4 on 3 opportunities. I wonder if his turnovers increased a bit.

However, if Klay is in good form, no doubt they will run a lot of plays for him, to get him at least 20 shots a game.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#111 » by Scoots1994 » Wed May 19, 2021 2:35 am

TB wrote:
cpower wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:

Jermaine O'Neal
Serge Ibaka
Al Jefferson
Myles Turner

Not centers, but you can add KG and AD to that list of 19 year old bigs who didn't kill it as rookies.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,405

Post#112 » by ILOVEIT » Wed May 19, 2021 4:27 pm

cpower wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
cpower wrote:you sound like winning rings is easy. There are 30 teams in this league, the chance of winning a championship is 1/30. There are still 6 teams has not won anything for 50 years! We are able to win because of Curry and his crews..Curry in a borderline top 10 player of all time and does not grow on trees.

Agree. After this year....why would you bet your franchise on him? First...he's a center...and this league is not about the center spot anymore. Period. Centers get exploited in switches...beat by smaller players. Second, he's not going to be the real deal EVEN if he pans out, until year 3 or 4.

If I knew I could get a locked and loaded physically ready 6'7" wing in this years draft, I'd move Wiseman to get him.
If I knew I could get another all-star...I'd move Wiseman, Wolves and our pick to get him.

Hanging your hat on Wiseman is just not smart.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,148

Post#113 » by TB » Wed May 19, 2021 6:00 pm

cpower wrote:
TB wrote:
cpower wrote:who says Wiseman is the future? he could end up being in CBA in 2 years too. He is a uncertainty and all the evidence is going against him at the moment. He has another half of the season to prove he can make a contribution. But if still does not work out....he is not the future then..there has not been a single superstar who played 2 seasons and still making huge negative impact on the court. Can you name one?

Jermaine O'Neal
Serge Ibaka
Al Jefferson
Myles Turner

first of all, JO came in the league straightly from high school and he did not play much at all for the first few years. He was not bad just not played. Which one of Ibaka/Jefferson/Turner is a superstar? They would barely be the 4th best on a championship team! come on man, if we are wasting Curry's whole prime for someone like Ibaka, we deserve to be a lottery team..

Ya JO came straight out of high school, and Wiseman came as close to that as possible with current rules. And JO didn't play so you can't just assume he would have been good and it was simply a coaching error not playing him. It's not the same scenario but it's clearly an example of a talented big man that took a few years to make a mark.

Every other thing your saying is exactly what I was saying. I didn't call those guys superstars, I specifically called them "good" centers. Which is the level Wiseman projects to be.

I also said i'd trade him if the right deal was there for an established player, so I'm clearly not willing to waste years of Steph developing a big.

One thing to note, a player of Ibaka/Turner/Jefferson level could absolutely put this team back to championship level. And we'd be pretty happy if Wiseman turns out to be a player of that quality. The only issue is that it might take too many years of Steph prime to get there. So if Wiseman can make the 2nd year jump that Turner did, I'd say he's worth keeping. But if its going to be longer than that, we should trade him.
SpreeS
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,334

Post#114 » by SpreeS » Wed May 19, 2021 8:50 pm

This team has 5th DRTG and it would be foundation for next season. I wouldn’t trade Wiggins and picks for players like Town/Beal. We need improvement in rebounding and playmaking. Veterans like Gasol/Noel and McConnell would be perfect. Also I would trade Paschall, b/c JTA must play minimum 20min per game. Klay will solve our offensive problems.

Wiseman/Gasol/Looney
Green/JTA
Wiggins/Baze
Klay/Poole/Lee
Curry/McConnell

+ MIN pick and our pick
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,894

Post#115 » by whatisacenter » Wed May 19, 2021 9:40 pm

ahmetmekin wrote:And selling out today for a scrub center like Wiseman means that this fo/ownership does not deserve a superstar like Curry.

Every Warriors' fan loves Curry but we fans aren't celebrating 3 titles and 5 finals appearances without Lacob and Co. buying the team. They have gone above and beyond what any superstar could ask for from management and I think they would have traded the number 2 pick last season if there was a package/player worth trading for. Do we even know that Curry wants Wiseman traded?
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#116 » by wco81 » Sat May 22, 2021 3:58 am

Well the only silver lining is that maybe their FRP is a couple of spots higher.

They could use that to find a reliable shooter and someone who can attack the rim on the 4 on 3.

They really missed the dunker coming baseline from the wing.
Dom801e
Veteran
And1: 861

Post#117 » by Dom801e » Sat May 22, 2021 4:08 am

I just want to get rid of all the low BBIQ guys and not bring any more in. So that means bye bye Oubre and Bazemore.
cpower
RealGM

Post#118 » by cpower » Sat May 22, 2021 4:15 am

we need to bring in offensive players, its killing me to see Grizs have 5 better offensive players than us not named Curry....its pure insult
Mob Byers
Rookie
And1: 767

Post#119 » by Mob Byers » Sat May 22, 2021 4:24 am

Our pick is almost guaranteed to be #14 now and odds are in our favor to get Minny's pick (6, 7, or 4 best odds in that order)

Obvious it's a lotto, anything can happen
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,374

Post#120 » by GSWFan1994 » Sat May 22, 2021 4:46 am

I went to Tankathon to sim the lottery and the first result I got was 2 for our pick and 4 for Minnesota's.

Sweet dreams are made of this.

Return to Golden State Warriors