Sixth Man
And1: 594

Re: The Washington Football Team Thread 

Post#821 » by BearlyBallin » Wed May 12, 2021 5:17 pm

Ruzious wrote:
BearlyBallin wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

We got lucky. Denver asked him to play RT, but he wanted LT. Denver signed Ryan Pope ... Colts signed Fisher...

We get Leno !!

That certainly helps our depth - allowing the Skins to alternate Lucas and Cosmi between the 2 OT positions. Lucas is probably upset - hopefully he gets over it and realizes he can still compete for the starting LT position. I guess Sadiq Charles moves to guard, and Geron Christian will have to fight for a roster spot.

I don’t think it’s a given that he replaces Lucas as the starting LT. I think Lucas, Leno & Cosmi will all be getting a chance to earn it. Charles will probably play both T & G. Christian is hurt so much it’s hard to know what to do with him. W. Martin is probably gone and Christian may go too.
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#822 » by Ruzious » Wed May 12, 2021 5:52 pm

Read on Twitter

Gotta like our O-line depth, and we haven't been able to say that for many years.

Move Cosmi to tight end! I kid, but they should use him there a few times during the season in short yardage situations.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#823 » by Wizardspride » Wed May 12, 2021 9:13 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#824 » by gambitx777 » Wed May 12, 2021 9:23 pm

How do you maximize an old gun slinger QB? Speed and protection.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using RealGM mobile app
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#825 » by BearlyBallin » Wed May 12, 2021 9:38 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#826 » by Ruzious » Wed May 12, 2021 9:44 pm

BearlyBallin wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
BearlyBallin wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

We got lucky. Denver asked him to play RT, but he wanted LT. Denver signed Ryan Pope ... Colts signed Fisher...

We get Leno !!

That certainly helps our depth - allowing the Skins to alternate Lucas and Cosmi between the 2 OT positions. Lucas is probably upset - hopefully he gets over it and realizes he can still compete for the starting LT position. I guess Sadiq Charles moves to guard, and Geron Christian will have to fight for a roster spot.

I don’t think it’s a given that he replaces Lucas as the starting LT. I think Lucas, Leno & Cosmi will all be getting a chance to earn it. Charles will probably play both T & G. Christian is hurt so much it’s hard to know what to do with him. W. Martin is probably gone and Christian may go too.

1 thing's for sure - Lucas and Leno will both be highly motivated playing for contracts next year. We're winning another offseason, and this time - Lucy's not going to pull the football out before Chariey Brown kicks it.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#827 » by BearlyBallin » Thu May 13, 2021 7:16 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

I was looking forward to hearing about Lokombo. A long shot, but a ball hawking CB/FS that sat out 2020. #2 draft pick overall in CFL.

~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#828 » by BearlyBallin » Fri May 14, 2021 10:08 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Most likely the starting FS now.
Apke & Everert will probably both be moving on.

~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#829 » by BearlyBallin » Fri May 14, 2021 11:44 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Rookie numbers...

Reyes was wearing 80.
Side by side Bates looks bigger then Reyes.

~ Confucius about 500 BC
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#830 » by gambitx777 » Sat May 15, 2021 1:18 am

S.R looks more jacked and far faster Im0 . But I think most of the offence rookies make the team. Dax Milne and patterson are the only question marks imo do we have room for a rookie RB? And can Milne beat out vets at this point or is he blind for the practice squad. I think S.R 100 percent makes the team and he will be the second option at reviving TE and added into 2 TE sets for speed. Bates will be on the team but I think his role is more check down and block. Brown and cosmi and for sure on the team.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using RealGM mobile app
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#831 » by BearlyBallin » Sun May 16, 2021 12:26 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Interchangeable Safety?
I like the idea, just hope the personnel can execute it.

~ Confucius about 500 BC
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,464

Post#832 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Sun May 16, 2021 2:41 pm

BearlyBallin wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Interchangeable Safety?

I think he’s looking at Curl and Collins as interchangeable starting safeties.
In Rizzo we trust
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#833 » by BearlyBallin » Mon May 17, 2021 5:34 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

10 years with WFT, I wish him well but I’m surprised he decided to go to Philly. I heard the Steelers & some other AFC teams were interested.

~ Confucius about 500 BC
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#834 » by Ruzious » Mon May 17, 2021 6:07 pm

BearlyBallin wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

10 years with WFT, I wish him well but I’m surprised he decided to go to Philly. I heard the Steelers & some other AFC teams were interested.

He's gotta do what he's gotta do for himself and family, but sheesh - he couldn't find a good deal outside of the NFC East? Oh well, I wish him well for 14 games and hope his team stinks.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#835 » by Ruzious » Mon May 17, 2021 6:14 pm

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
BearlyBallin wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Interchangeable Safety?

I think he’s looking at Curl and Collins as interchangeable starting safeties.

Very possible - I think they almost have to start Collins, and Curl was terrific for a 7th round rookie, I'm just not sure that either has the kind of coverage skills and speed that's needed for at least one of the safeties.
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#836 » by BearlyBallin » Tue May 18, 2021 8:37 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20

~ Confucius about 500 BC
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#837 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue May 18, 2021 8:54 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Read on Twitter

Gotta like our O-line depth, and we haven't been able to say that for many years.

Move Cosmi to tight end! I kid, but they should use him there a few times during the season in short yardage situations.

I don’t know enough about football to speak with authority. From what I do know I love everything the Washington football team has done. I remember noticing Antonio Gibson at Memphis. I also watched Patterson the game he scored the eight touchdowns. That kid will make the team if not just as a kick returner.

I love that they added Fitzpatrick instead of mortgaging the future foolishly drafting a quarterback too high. The combination of Taylor Heinicke and Ryan Fitzpatrick should be just as good or better than what got them to the playoffs.

Cosmi is going to be a good player. I’m gonna leave that typo in there. I just don’t feel like correcting you know what.

Davis? The kid they drafted in the first round is going to be a beast of a linebacker. If he can do that at Kentucky where he has to face Alabama and Florida and Georgia All the time he will feast in the NFL.
Bye bye Beal.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#838 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue May 18, 2021 8:55 pm

BearlyBallin wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Wasn’t Moses is the one that got injured? He came back injured and that really hurt the team. Maybe it’s best both parties move on
Bye bye Beal.
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#839 » by BearlyBallin » Wed May 19, 2021 2:06 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20

~ Confucius about 500 BC
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#840 » by Wizardspride » Wed May 19, 2021 3:17 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries

Return to Washington Wizards