ImageImageImage

Welcome Tyrese Maxey!

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

cool93
Analyst
And1: 1,992

Re: Welcome Tyrese Maxey! 

Post#641 » by cool93 » Wed May 19, 2021 2:03 am

Everyone on this team except Embiid is expendable. For the right price.

Sent from my G3416 using RealGM mobile app
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,372

Post#642 » by Eyeamok » Wed May 19, 2021 1:15 pm

76ciology wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Remember when he had a hard time hitting those 3s and he just keeps making floaters? Look how quick he adjusted. He’s making 3s now and getting a lot more to the line.

I’m happy whenever I see a player makes improvement.

You and I both buddy especially when they are as 76er.

You know I hate to say this because I like Coach Brown, but I wonder how much Simmons would have grown with Rivers and Sam in his corner as a rookie?

None.

Simmons has to have a wake up call before he can get into the right direction.

Doc said it. Player development starts with the player. And i agree with that.

Competitors becomes better with stress, and they become weak with complacency.

“The best horses lose when they compete with slower one, but wins when they compete with rivals.” - Nassim Taleb

Look at Jimmy. This guy was a nobody. He almost decided not to turn pro. But we all know this guy is borderline crazy when it comes to determination.

Look at how that batch of young players from the Lakers all have improved (including maturity) after being traded.

Look at Andrew Wiggins and how he is silently making improvements after being traded.

Jimmy said it right. Some guys are just after popularity and fancy cars.

It's funny you quote Nassim Taleb. I run a few times a week (well more like a jog) and when I do I listen to a book. Right now I am listening to the Black Swan.

Player Development starts with the Player. Like that saying too.

You are probably right about simmons as so many have said before and probably you. He has been handed so much in his life that he never had to work for anything or it was always assumed that he was the best. I like what Brandon Ingram said I'm going to keep on improving until I prove everyone wrong. But enough about simmons, we have a thread for him.

Hope we get to see some Maxey in the playoffs. The experience would be good for him.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,346

Post#643 » by 76ciology » Wed May 19, 2021 7:54 pm

Eyeamok wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:
You and I both buddy especially when they are as 76er.

You know I hate to say this because I like Coach Brown, but I wonder how much Simmons would have grown with Rivers and Sam in his corner as a rookie?

None.

Simmons has to have a wake up call before he can get into the right direction.

Doc said it. Player development starts with the player. And i agree with that.

Competitors becomes better with stress, and they become weak with complacency.

“The best horses lose when they compete with slower one, but wins when they compete with rivals.” - Nassim Taleb

Look at Jimmy. This guy was a nobody. He almost decided not to turn pro. But we all know this guy is borderline crazy when it comes to determination.

Look at how that batch of young players from the Lakers all have improved (including maturity) after being traded.

Look at Andrew Wiggins and how he is silently making improvements after being traded.

Jimmy said it right. Some guys are just after popularity and fancy cars.

It's funny you quote Nassim Taleb. I run a few times a week (well more like a jog) and when I do I listen to a book. Right now I am listening to the Black Swan.

Player Development starts with the Player. Like that saying too.

You are probably right about simmons as so many have said before and probably you. He has been handed so much in his life that he never had to work for anything or it was always assumed that he was the best. I like what Brandon Ingram said I'm going to keep on improving until I prove everyone wrong. But enough about simmons, we have a thread for him.

Hope we get to see some Maxey in the playoffs. The experience would be good for him.

Same here.

Im listening to his book “anti fragile” currently whenever I jog. 3/4 through.

Hopefully Maxey can contribute on off the bench scoring in the playoffs.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Zumramania
Senior
And1: 404

Post#644 » by Zumramania » Thu May 20, 2021 10:13 am

I don't know a single player with such a mindset and a work ethic that did not succeed...tireless workers have a constant upward trajectory, check TJ McConnell or Fred VanFleet. It's just the question of how fast he will progress, he still has to work on his shot and this takes a bit of time, but I believe that by season 3 he could be the starter.
jotachase
Freshman
And1: 96

Post#645 » by jotachase » Tue May 25, 2021 4:41 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Good to hear. He's like the wholesome version of Jimmy with all the constant talk about how hard he works. Hopefully he keeps getting and earning his chance because he can bring something no one else on the team can.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,751

Post#646 » by Stanford » Tue May 25, 2021 5:06 pm

Really happy we didn't trade him
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,063

Post#647 » by Kobblehead » Tue May 25, 2021 9:40 pm

With the character and work ethic he has, it appears that Maxey will reach his best possible outcome. Which is awesome, given that he's an all-level creator.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,792

Post#648 » by eyeatoma » Tue May 25, 2021 9:58 pm

Kobblehead wrote:With the character and work ethic he has, it appears that Maxey will reach his best possible outcome. Which is awesome, given that he's an all-level creator.

Best possible outcome would be? A starter or a microwave 6th man?

What do you think are his peak numbers that he'll put up?

Over 20 ppg?
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,792

Post#649 » by eyeatoma » Tue May 25, 2021 9:59 pm

Stanford wrote:Really happy we didn't trade him

Yup, only issue is, he's basically becoming untouchable. Only way I see him being traded is in like some package for Lillard/Beal.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,063

Post#650 » by Kobblehead » Tue May 25, 2021 10:17 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:With the character and work ethic he has, it appears that Maxey will reach his best possible outcome. Which is awesome, given that he's an all-level creator.

Best possible outcome would be? A starter or a microwave 6th man?

What do you think are his peak numbers that he'll put up?

Over 20 ppg?

Best possible outcome would be if one or both of his passing and three point shooting develop and he becomes a starting PG with 20+ ppg upside.

If not, I think he'd be a Clarkson-ish microwave scorer in the 15+ ppg range.

Both valuable outcomes.
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,516

Post#651 » by SixthStreet » Wed May 26, 2021 12:18 am

He's not athletic or long enough or a naturally quick trigger shooter to be a star but he can become a guard version of Harris. A fringe-y all-star who'll probably never be one. I think he's more valuable to us than his league-wide trade value due to roster construction and fit. It's early but he seems the type to get overpaid on his second contract.

Although if anyone was to exceed his projection based on his rookie year, it's him. He's got all the intangibles. We dodged a bullet on the Lowry front. The way it looks right now, I'd have wanted assets from the Raptors in addition to Lowry if they wanted Maxey.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#652 » by Eyeamok » Wed May 26, 2021 3:19 pm

SixthStreet wrote:He's not athletic or long enough or a naturally quick trigger shooter to be a star but he can become a guard version of Harris. A fringe-y all-star who'll probably never be one. I think he's more valuable to us than his league-wide trade value due to roster construction and fit. It's early but he seems the type to get overpaid on his second contract.

Although if anyone was to exceed his projection based on his rookie year, it's him. He's got all the intangibles. We dodged a bullet on the Lowry front. The way it looks right now, I'd have wanted assets from the Raptors in addition to Lowry if they wanted Maxey.

I watched ish smith leave the 76ers defense in the dust at least 3 times in game 1. No one could keep up with him. Maxey will be doing the same things to other teams defenses very very soon. But he won't be the liability that ish is on defense.
Maybe it the edible kicking in but Trae Young light projections for Maxey?

Marlo
sodmoraes
Pro Prospect
And1: 533

Post#653 » by sodmoraes » Wed May 26, 2021 7:02 pm

Maxey has it. He has the intangibles that make really good players. His work ethic is great, he probably wont be a star, but he wil be a very good player on his sheer willpower alone.
[quote:bba5df4c1f="hornetstime"]jr smith will be out of this league in 2 years, book it.[/quote]
Lou_23
Bench Warmer
And1: 723

Post#654 » by Lou_23 » Thu May 27, 2021 5:25 pm

Love watching him play, exciting player.
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,667

Post#655 » by rzzzzz » Fri May 28, 2021 4:40 pm

I like his development on the offensive end, but it totally blows my mind watching him apply the defensive tactics he’s learning from Thybulle. Hey Daryl, don’t break up this matched set!
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#656 » by Eyeamok » Tue Jun 1, 2021 1:44 pm

Excellent Job Rookie your first major minutes in your first playoff series and you shined like a star, good freaking job. Now do the same thing and more on Wednesday and bring this team a win.

Marlo
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,461

Post#657 » by elchengue20 » Wed Jun 2, 2021 12:56 am

Im starting to really like this kid attitude and approach. He seems very down to earth but also very confident and fearless. Those type of players are very hard to find, you can bet hes going to reach his full potential.

Hes going to be at least a good player. Wich is fantastic news because we really need a player with his skillset and we have him cost controlled for many years.
Embiid P
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,069

Post#658 » by Embiid P » Wed Jun 2, 2021 1:47 am

elchengue20 wrote:Im starting to really like this kid attitude and approach. He seems very down to earth but also very confident and fearless. Those type of players are very hard to find, you can bet hes going to reach his full potential.

Hes going to be at least a good player. Wich is fantastic news because we really need a player with his skillset and we have him cost controlled for many years.

I can't help but think about the type of player we'd have if we could combine Simmons's raw talent with Maxey's confidence and work-ethic. Oh, to dream!
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,410

Post#659 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Wed Jun 2, 2021 4:05 am

I think he can become as good as Jrue Holiday has become. He gives off the same vibes that Holiday gave off as a rookie. You can see the talent, the potential, he's going to be very good. Not a perennial all star, but he may make one in his career. I hope we hold onto him.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#660 » by the_process » Wed Jun 2, 2021 11:19 pm

I’d like to see Maxey get around 24 mins tonight with Jo out. Let the kid do work. No busted ass Tobi, no shook Shake.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers