ImageImageImageImageImage

New York Yankees Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,918

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1821 » by F N 11 » Thu May 20, 2021 2:38 am

We have our #2. If he’s healthy it makes the post season interesting. Analytics taking over the game but whatever.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,312

Post#1822 » by GEOLINK » Thu May 20, 2021 2:41 am

I can’t believe what I just watched lmao

Holy hell that was awesome. Felt like this team was due to have another no hitter, it’s been so long!

Congrats to Kluber.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,786

Post#1823 » by Rich Rane » Thu May 20, 2021 2:41 am

Had to go to the bathroom in the 6th, but didn't wanna jinx it.
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#1824 » by GEOLINK » Thu May 20, 2021 2:43 am

What a story for Kluber to throw a no-hitter IN Texas ON Kluber Bobblehead Night lmao
Davis18
Senior
And1: 703

Post#1825 » by Davis18 » Thu May 20, 2021 3:45 am

So many no hitters this season.
Seems like every week.
Jump Shot
Analyst
And1: 971

Post#1826 » by Jump Shot » Thu May 20, 2021 4:01 am

Congrats Kluber!
Jump Shot
Analyst

Post#1827 » by Jump Shot » Thu May 20, 2021 4:02 am

Rich Rane wrote:Had to go to the bathroom in the 6th, but didn't wanna jinx it.

I was keeping track of the score on Google and stopped checking after the 7th because I didn't want to jinx it either. :lol:
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,235

Post#1828 » by Papi_swav » Thu May 20, 2021 7:29 am

Phenomenal. I didn't think I would ever see a Yankee throw a no hitter ever again. This signing is looking great so far. If him and Cole can perform like this for most of the season and playoffs then it'll be tough to bet against us.
Slamm Goodbody
Bench Warmer
And1: 101

Post#1829 » by Slamm Goodbody » Thu May 20, 2021 4:21 pm

Watching that no hitter last night was a blast and a reminder of how fun baseball can be. I remember taking the Yankee Stadium tour in 1998 as a kid, coincidentally the day after Cone notched his perfect game, and his locker was filled with notes from guys congratulating him. Hopefully the good vibes on this team can come close to replicating what the Yankees did back then - remember the 98 season started with a bad first couple of weeks and ended with (at the time) the best winning percentage season of all time and a no-question world series win.

One of my takeways from that post-game - Kluber is horrifying. If he wasn't a baseball player he could easily be playing a serial killer on an HBO crime drama. No emotion at all after something so thrilling.
Mardy Collins Superfan
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,280

Post#1830 » by thebuzzardman » Thu May 20, 2021 4:32 pm

Team still boring AF and not that good
blue and orange
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,010

Post#1831 » by blue and orange » Thu May 20, 2021 7:42 pm

Slamm Goodbody wrote:Watching that no hitter last night was a blast and a reminder of how fun baseball can be. I remember taking the Yankee Stadium tour in 1998 as a kid, coincidentally the day after Cone notched his perfect game, and his locker was filled with notes from guys congratulating him. Hopefully the good vibes on this team can come close to replicating what the Yankees did back then - remember the 98 season started with a bad first couple of weeks and ended with (at the time) the best winning percentage season of all time and a no-question world series win.

One of my takeways from that post-game - Kluber is horrifying. If he wasn't a baseball player he could easily be playing a serial killer on an HBO crime drama. No emotion at all after something so thrilling.

Cone pitched a perfect game in 99, it was David Wells that pitched a perfect game in 98. Well never see a team like that ever again, pitching I wasnt worried about this year, the lineup still sucks btw, I have to believe they deadened the baseball it just doesn't look right with what is now 6 no hitters thus far, not that I wanna take away from Klubers no hitter last night.
blue and orange
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,010

Post#1832 » by blue and orange » Thu May 20, 2021 7:43 pm

Papi_swav wrote:Phenomenal. I didn't think I would ever see a Yankee throw a no hitter ever again. This signing is looking great so far. If him and Cole can perform like this for most of the season and playoffs then it'll be tough to bet against us.

Just a functional MLB lineup is all this team needs it would be nice to have it one day.
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#1833 » by GEOLINK » Thu May 20, 2021 10:21 pm

The funny sh*t is that you would think there would be a team in the AL East running away with the division at this point... Nope.

Just a game behind for 1st place :lol:
Jump Shot
Analyst

Post#1834 » by Jump Shot » Fri May 21, 2021 12:03 am

But pitchers need to be almost perfect every night because this offense is is huge sack of chit.
FreeSpiritNY
Veteran
And1: 1,285

Post#1835 » by FreeSpiritNY » Fri May 21, 2021 12:08 am

We have 0 contact hitters. Everyone wants to be babe Ruth. Do we even have any speed guys? Like true speed?
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#1836 » by GEOLINK » Fri May 21, 2021 4:55 am

FreeSpiritNY wrote:We have 0 contact hitters. Everyone wants to be babe Ruth. Do we even have any speed guys? Like true speed?

Tyler Wade is probably our lone speed guy. :lol:

I'd say LeMahieu is a contact hitter, so there's one.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,621

Post#1837 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri May 21, 2021 5:05 am

FreeSpiritNY wrote:We have 0 contact hitters. Everyone wants to be babe Ruth. Do we even have any speed guys? Like true speed?

That's true across baseball. Baseball has a problem it needs to fix. I think they're going to enact a rule and define "Illegal Defense" to include defensive shifts which are really screwing up the game. Most sports have "illegal defense" rules so why not baseball too? It would be great place to start.
Free Palestine
Davis18
Senior
And1: 703

Post#1838 » by Davis18 » Fri May 21, 2021 5:10 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:

That's true across baseball. Baseball has a problem it needs to fix. I think they're going to enact a rule and define "Illegal Defense" to include defensive shifts which are really screwing up the game. Most sports have "illegal defense" rules so why not baseball too? It would be great place to start.

Analytics is bad for baseball.
Game is hard to watch these days.
It is so dry and artificial.
Thank goodness for Knicks.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,621

Post#1839 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri May 21, 2021 7:55 am

Davis18 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Analytics is bad for baseball.
Game is hard to watch these days.
It is so dry and artificial.
Thank goodness for Knicks.

It’s a rare occasion when I watch a baseball game from start to finish. That almost 3:30-4 hours. Can’t do it. I’ll usually check in around the 5th or 6th inning. If it’s close, I’ll stick around. But it gets more difficult with each passing year.

I’m watching hitters striking out on pitches a good 6-8 inches off the plate.
Free Palestine
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,961

Post#1840 » by knicks94 » Fri May 21, 2021 9:13 am

Yankee fans need to create a petition to have both Thames and Boone fired.

Thames for being responsible for this team having so many hitters in the lineup batting close to .200. How the hell do you get to keep your job with this offense? The Yankees not hitting as many home runs this year as they have in previous seasons is exposing Thames' weaknesses. At least when the ball was flying out of the ball park it masqueraded the lack of situational hitting. Couldn't the Yankees bring in someone from their minor league system who can replace Thames?

Boone for just being a complete idiot. The Yankees win games despite him being incompetent at what he does. Any manager who bats Odor as the clean up hitter has to have their brain examined. He is living proof that being a great clubhouse guy doesn't translate into winning in the playoffs. Billy Martin used to fight with his players, but at least he managed to coach championship teams. Joe Girardi rubbed guys like Jorge Posada and AJ Burnett the wrong way at times, yet every team he managed played with grit and mental toughness. The Yankees need someone who doesn't load manage, doesn't overly depend on analytics and can get the best out of his players without having to be their best friend.

Return to New York Knicks