NBA Draft - 2021 Draft Prospects

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Re: NBA Draft - 2021 Draft Prospects 

Post#81 » by stitches » Thu May 20, 2021 9:34 pm

Ziaire Williams in Utah gear. What's the chance he drops to the Jazz? Or falls enough for us to trade up for him?
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,738

Post#82 » by AingesBurner » Thu May 20, 2021 9:47 pm

stitches wrote:

Ziaire Williams in Utah gear. What's the chance he drops to the Jazz? Or falls enough for us to trade up for him?

DWade: So listen, when it comes time for team interviews tell them you only want to play for Utah.
Ingles is cooked.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#83 » by AingesBurner » Thu May 20, 2021 9:48 pm

Roko looks pretty interesting, a bigger Bogey.
Ingles is cooked.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,254

Post#84 » by Catchall » Fri May 21, 2021 12:13 am

GobertReport wrote:

He doesn't shoot like Bogey. He's got toughness, athleticism and some handle and playmaking.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#85 » by AingesBurner » Fri May 21, 2021 12:17 am

Catchall wrote:
GobertReport wrote:

He doesn't shoot like Bogey. He's got toughness, athleticism and some handle and playmaking.

Reading his draft profile it sounds like he has the ability to be a very good shooter with the right team.
Ingles is cooked.
Catchall
RealGM

Post#86 » by Catchall » Fri May 21, 2021 12:24 am

GobertReport wrote:
Catchall wrote:
GobertReport wrote:

Reading his draft profile it sounds like he has the ability to be a very good shooter with the right team.

He has a bit of Gordon Hayward potential, after Hayward upgraded his athleticism and aggressiveness. He's not there yet, obviously, but that is a potential path for him. He's big though, and given his young age, he might get a bit bigger.

He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#87 » by AingesBurner » Fri May 21, 2021 1:34 am

Catchall wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
Catchall wrote:

He has a bit of Gordon Hayward potential, after Hayward upgraded his athleticism and aggressiveness. He's not there yet, obviously, but that is a potential path for him. He's big though, and given his young age, he might get a bit bigger.

I love his upside, he’s my pick for the Jazz. One of the comps I read was a taller, more athletic Ingles.
Ingles is cooked.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,294

Post#88 » by babyjax13 » Sat May 22, 2021 6:29 am

stitches wrote:

I don't think there is much of a chance of him dropping to 30, but I think it would be reasonable to move up and get him. Mocks seem to have him from about 14-22.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#89 » by KqWIN » Sat May 22, 2021 7:20 am

stitches wrote:

This is Wade's son Zaire, not Ziare Williams.
stitches
RealGM

Post#90 » by stitches » Sat May 22, 2021 10:37 pm

KqWIN wrote:
stitches wrote:

Oh, lol :D Just comes to show you how little I've followed college ball this year. :lol: I guess he has good chance of dropping to us then :D Got confused because the first reply to Wade's post is from Ziaire Williams... so I assumed it's that Ziaire... lol
Catchall
RealGM

Post#91 » by Catchall » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:44 am

More Roko. This vid says he's 6'8" with a 7'0" wingspan. He gets on the rim so easily, I would believe he's a legit 6'8". He looks like he's around 220 - 225 lbs to me. (Lets say he's Marcus Morris size.) Good feel, toughness, motor and body control for a guy that size. Can handle and create a bit with either hand. Still only 18.

He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Catchall
RealGM

Post#92 » by Catchall » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:07 pm

So the Jazz gave up their GSW 2RP in this draft for Matt Thomas. I find that a bit troublesome given the depth of this draft. The pick is in the mid-40s, and guys like Herbert Jones and JT Thor might be available. I hope the Jazz have an opportunity to buy in to the 2nd round.

Also keep an eye on JT Thor and Trey Murphy in the late 1st round, where the Jazz pick.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
stitches
RealGM

Post#93 » by stitches » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:35 pm

Catchall wrote:So the Jazz gave up their GSW 2RP in this draft for Matt Thomas. I find that a bit troublesome given the depth of this draft. The pick is in the mid-40s, and guys like Herbert Jones and JT Thor might be available. I hope the Jazz have an opportunity to buy in to the 2nd round.

Also keep an eye on JT Thor and Trey Murphy in the late 1st round, where the Jazz pick.

The Jazz keep giving up assets for players that can't crack the rotation and then we need to give up even more assets to get rid off...
sip
Rookie
And1: 1,313

Post#94 » by sip » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:38 pm

stitches wrote:
Catchall wrote:So the Jazz gave up their GSW 2RP in this draft for Matt Thomas. I find that a bit troublesome given the depth of this draft. The pick is in the mid-40s, and guys like Herbert Jones and JT Thor might be available. I hope the Jazz have an opportunity to buy in to the 2nd round.

The Jazz keep giving up assets for players that can't crack the rotation and then we need to give up even more assets to get rid off...
The level of incompetence and lack of forward thinking from this front office is infuriating. I'm at the point now where I want to tear it down. Unfortunately Rudy and his new contract may now be viewed as a negative asset by teams and of course our front office would never have the balls to make a big move.

Sent from my SM-G988U using RealGM mobile app
Catchall
RealGM

Post#95 » by Catchall » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:19 pm

sip wrote:
stitches wrote:

The level of incompetence and lack of forward thinking from this front office is infuriating. I'm at the point now where I want to tear it down. Unfortunately Rudy and his new contract may now be viewed as a negative asset by teams and of course our front office would never have the balls to make a big move.

Sent from my SM-G988U using RealGM mobile app

The front office was thinking that the Jazz will need a 10th man on a low salary to compensate for Mitchell and Gobert being on big money deals. They're looking for a replacement for Georges Niang in case he walks.

My problem with this is that a team should never build around a 10th man. They should always be looking for high-quality starters.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
stitches
RealGM

Post#96 » by stitches » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:46 pm

I think the FO needs to start thinking about what type of players play in the playoffs. Then they need to start thinking about what type of players play winning basketball in the playoffs. We need to stop drafting/acquiring one dimensional niche players that can be the 10th man. The 10th man doesn't play in the playoffs. How about getting a good player that can be the 4th or 5th or 6-8th player in a winning playoff series..I want no more Matt Thomases and no more Udoka Azubuikes. Get two way wings, even if they need development. This is the most valuable type of player for the playoffs and the one that this FO has been most allergic to going after.
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#97 » by babyjax13 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:03 pm

I like the idea of a defensive guard who can playmake next to Mitchell. That still screams my favorite non-lotto player in the draft: Ayo Dosunmu.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Catchall
RealGM

Post#98 » by Catchall » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:31 pm

Defensively, the Jazz don't remember what it's like to have a legit help defender and not just Rudy trying to guard the whole floor.
Offensively, the Jazz don't remember what it's like to have a guy who can drive and finish at the rim, as well as knock down open shots.
Even one guy like Jerami Grant checks those boxes and changes the outlook of this team.

Jazz need to be looking at the Kai Jones and JT Thor archetype.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#99 » by babyjax13 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:33 pm

KqWIN wrote:
stitches wrote:

lmao, I saw the hair and build and did a poor job putting 2+2 together. I do wonder what happens with Wade's son. It sounds like he's not viewed as an elite (as in top 25) college prospect.

JColl
Catchall
RealGM

Post#100 » by Catchall » Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:23 am

Here's Trey Murphy from Virginia. Comps favorably with Khris Middleton.

He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh

Return to Utah Jazz