Read on Twitter
?s=21

From may 13
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Re: Play-In #2: Thursday 

Post#22 » by Topofthekey » Fri May 21, 2021 1:13 am

GQ Hot Dog wrote:Hey Pacers fans, is it your opinion that Sabonis could be a competent defensive player with a better defensive coach or system? Does he have the ability to be a paint protector? Because so many times I watch him in the paint and he doesn't even try to contest.

He's not a great rim protector, but he does put in the effort to challenge shots usually

This game, he's playing with 3 fouls already before the half is even up
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant

Post#23 » by Topofthekey » Fri May 21, 2021 1:28 am

Welp, 4.8% here we come
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,056

Post#24 » by Wizop » Fri May 21, 2021 1:32 am

GQ Hot Dog wrote:Hey Pacers fans, is it your opinion that Sabonis could be a competent defensive player with a better defensive coach or system? Does he have the ability to be a paint protector? Because so many times I watch him in the paint and he doesn't even try to contest.
Our defense is entirely different with Turner. Tonight's scheme sux. We need to keep them out of the paint. Expecting charges won't work.

We're also missing LeVert and Warren so we can't afford to have Sabonis foul out.

Sent from my phone.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#25 » by Wizop » Fri May 21, 2021 1:38 am

Topofthekey wrote:Welp, 4.8% here we come
Moving up was always highly unlikely. We won more games than you wanted but we did it with next year's bench. That experience will help next year perhaps more than a few places in the draft.

Sent from my phone.
Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 824

Post#26 » by Pacersike » Fri May 21, 2021 1:41 am

We are going to win in the lottery, yes we can!

When humanity needs 2 individuals for trying to merge them, we got 2 big volunteers! Sabonis playoffs party in our own painted area :( .

Bench, help!

Topofthekey
Lead Assistant

Post#27 » by Topofthekey » Fri May 21, 2021 1:43 am

Wizop wrote:
Topofthekey wrote:Welp, 4.8% here we come
Moving up was always highly unlikely. We won more games than you wanted but we did it with next year's bench. That experience will help next year perhaps more than a few places in the draft.

Sent from my phone.

It would be better if we had won with Goga playing more than 9 or 11 minutes a game
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant

Post#28 » by Topofthekey » Fri May 21, 2021 1:58 am

Ugh, this is just brutal
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#29 » by GQ Hot Dog » Fri May 21, 2021 2:00 am

Wizop wrote:
Our defense is entirely different with Turner. Tonight's scheme sux. We need to keep them out of the paint. Expecting charges won't work.

We're also missing LeVert and Warren so we can't afford to have Sabonis foul out.

Sent from my phone.

There was a Beal 3pter right before an Indy timeout where Holiday couldn't decide if he wanted to go above or below the screen and so died on it instead. Sabonis took two steps back into the paint and the 2nd leading scorer in the NBA drained a wide open 3 unsurprisingly.

That play was a disaster and points to a lot more than just Sabonis being a poor defender.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
Pacersike
Analyst

Post#30 » by Pacersike » Fri May 21, 2021 2:01 am

Sabonis fouling out when down 29 points is mindboggling coaching. I wish Nate would see the lights, but he has been incredibly stubborn playing players 40 minutes or longer till the end and other weird rotation stuff like this.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant

Post#31 » by Topofthekey » Fri May 21, 2021 2:06 am

Cassius with the nice put back, and Martin swished that 3 pointer
Pacers Forever
Starter
And1: 710

Post#32 » by Pacers Forever » Fri May 21, 2021 2:06 am

Len, Lopez, and especially Gafford is showing why we needed Turner. Sabonis has no help rebounding. Washington clowning us like we clowned Charlotte. So old Nate got fired for losing every year in the first round. Wonder what’s in store for a 10th place finishing coach ? I’m guessing hit the road Jack.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant

Post#33 » by Topofthekey » Fri May 21, 2021 2:08 am

GQ Hot Dog wrote:
Wizop wrote:

Sent from my phone.

There was a Beal 3pter right before an Indy timeout where Holiday couldn't decide if he wanted to go above or below the screen and so died on it instead. Sabonis took two steps back into the paint and the 2nd leading scorer in the NBA drained a wide open 3 unsurprisingly.

That play was a disaster and points to a lot more than just Sabonis being a poor defender.

Pacers have struggled with defense the entire season

Myles Turner was the only person keeping things respectable. Not surprising that things fall apart alarmingly quickly when he's not playing
OnFire
Junior
And1: 27

Post#34 » by OnFire » Fri May 21, 2021 2:12 am

Bittersweet, but rather glad this Pacers season is coming to a close. :nonono: Looking forward to an off-season of major changes.
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,277

Post#35 » by boomershadow » Fri May 21, 2021 2:13 am

The ending to this season pretty accurately sums up how I felt about it most of the way through.
Pacersike
Analyst

Post#36 » by Pacersike » Fri May 21, 2021 2:13 am

Brimah is healthy :o ?! Will Ferrell should make a movie about this roster, it's funny and the twists are supernatural!
Wizop
RealGM

Post#37 » by Wizop » Fri May 21, 2021 2:16 am

GQ Hot Dog wrote:That play was a disaster and points to a lot more than just Sabonis being a poor defender.

There is plenty of blame to go around.

Sent from my phone.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant

Post#38 » by Topofthekey » Fri May 21, 2021 2:17 am

Cassius Stanley showing some promise on offense. Maybe he can develop into an off the bench scorer type like Jordan Clarkson

We get to see things like this when Bjorkgren isn't playing key players 40 minutes a game. Too bad it takes a blow out to make it happen
Wizop
RealGM

Post#39 » by Wizop » Fri May 21, 2021 2:22 am

OnFire wrote:Bittersweet, but rather glad this Pacers season is coming to a close. :nonono: Looking forward to an off-season of major changes.
I'm looking forward to football.

Sent from my phone.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#40 » by Wizop » Fri May 21, 2021 2:24 am

Topofthekey wrote:It would be better if we had won with Goga playing more than 9 or 11 minutes a game

Would that have saved his job? Did winning?

Sent from my phone.

Return to Indiana Pacers