ImageImageImageImageImage

What are thoughts on Kwame Brown going after the media, etc.?

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

TheBomb81
Pro Prospect
And1: 64

What are thoughts on Kwame Brown going after the media, etc.? 

Post#1 » by TheBomb81 » Thu May 20, 2021 1:33 am

Kwame has been going after Matt Barnes, Stephen Jackson, Gilbert Arenas, Stephen A. Smith, Rachel Nichols, and Jemele Hill, as he is tired of being the butt of jokes for years. Do you feel bad for him? What did you think of him during his time on the team?
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,339

Re: What are thoughts on Kwame Brown going after the media, etc.? 

Post#2 » by doclinkin » Thu May 20, 2021 1:49 am

TheBomb81 wrote:Kwame has been going after Matt Barnes, Stephen Jackson, Gilbert Arenas, Stephen A. Smith, Rachel Nichols, and Jemele Hill, as he is tired of being the butt of jokes for years. Do you feel bad for him? What did you think of him during his time on the team?

Tracking former Wizards thread:

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=920608&start=1720
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,990

Post#3 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu May 20, 2021 10:36 am

doclinkin wrote:
TheBomb81 wrote:Kwame has been going after Matt Barnes, Stephen Jackson, Gilbert Arenas, Stephen A. Smith, Rachel Nichols, and Jemele Hill, as he is tired of being the butt of jokes for years. Do you feel bad for him? What did you think of him during his time on the team?

Thanks,Doclinkin.

My AutoCorrect and talk to text actually knows you know! :-)
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#4 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu May 20, 2021 10:37 am

I met him back in the day and gave a little pamphlet of encouragement about positive thinking. I am happy for the dude. (Irony is that I had so much lectures for him I should’ve read that **** myself).

Not really life happens
Bye bye Beal.
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#5 » by dlts20 » Thu May 20, 2021 11:16 am

No one was a bigger Kwame fan than me. I rode for him all the time. Wizards fans used to diss me but this dude had crazy talent. Big, fast, and physicall. MJ was just on some bs and Arenas has the worst personality ever for a human being. Then Kobe is MJ junior. Kwame never had a chance. With that being said, Kwame made millions and took care of his family. Most of us wish that we had his success
RealGM

Post#6 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu May 20, 2021 11:51 am

Kwame Brown was a very good defensive player. I also vividly recall him having some monstrous offensive games one of which came against the Sacramento Kings.

Sent from my SM-T500 using RealGM mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,623

Post#7 » by pancakes3 » Thu May 20, 2021 3:44 pm

Kwame was a decent defensive player but idk why he never developed into what Tyson Chandler did.

As for him going hard at the media? I'm for it. Pull back all the curtains and tell all the tales. I didn't watch his hour-long rant but i caught snippets like how EJ didn't like him on a personal level, or was more about getting W's so he can keep his job than developing players.

Probably not all that. Probably EJ still had small-ball, princeton-y goals for the squad and had no use for a big man clogging the backdoor cuts. But also probably that EJ didn't like him on some level.
Bullets -> Wizards
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,345

Post#8 » by Kanyewest » Thu May 20, 2021 4:28 pm

pancakes3 wrote:Kwame was a decent defensive player but idk why he never developed into what Tyson Chandler did.

As for him going hard at the media? I'm for it. Pull back all the curtains and tell all the tales. I didn't watch his hour-long rant but i caught snippets like how EJ didn't like him on a personal level, or was more about getting W's so he can keep his job than developing players.

Probably not all that. Probably EJ still had small-ball, princeton-y goals for the squad and had no use for a big man clogging the backdoor cuts. But also probably that EJ didn't like him on some level.

Kwame Brown honestly had too much of an ego to become a Tyson Chandler level player. Listening to Brown's rants he wanted the ball more. While perhaps there may be reasons to build his confidence- as far as winning basketball games went, Arenas was right to take more shots given how inefficient Brown was not to mention his high turnover rate.
Kanyewest
General Manager

Post#9 » by Kanyewest » Thu May 20, 2021 4:29 pm

In the final game before Brown was suspended Etan Thomas had 20 points. From what I saw, Brown said he was in line for a 4 year $80 million contract. I think we can all agree that Etan was overpaid but Washington avoided a mistake by the acrimony between Arenas/Brown. Strange that the Wizards didn't just pay Hughes though if they were willing to be so generous to Kwame.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,623

Post#10 » by pancakes3 » Thu May 20, 2021 7:43 pm

Season by season:

2002: MJ came back. Rip was on fire. Kwame wasn't ever going to get shots. MJ never fed his big men and he's not about to start now. He didn't even get playing time bc we had vet PF's in Popeye, and Laettner who knew how to cater to MJ.

2003: Same. Kwame couldn't even find playing time at C because Haywood proved to be a much better defender.

2004: Kwame probably thinks it's his time to shine now that the old man is gone. 30mpg, put up 11/7. Only real challenger at PF was Ared Effries and even Ared could shoot better. Didn't like the fact that ball-dominant guards (Gil, LH, and Stack) still were dominating the ball. Did get a career high of 30 points, so really feeling himself.

2005: Good. Got rid of Stack. Uh oh. Picked up Tawn. Kwame's defense is getting exposed. Ared's putting up same rebounding and block numbers. Etan slid into the backup C role. Frontcourt is getting crowded. Minutes dropped. Shot attempts dropped. Being mad at Gil is misplaced anger.

2006: Fresh start in LA. Never mind, Kobe's going for 35ppg. Ain't nobody getting shots. Getting outplayed by Chris Mihm until Mihm's injury though. Phil played him at C. Hm, maybe Kwame's destined to be a C.

2007: Ok, Kobe got it out of his system. Let's have a more balanced offense. Bynum is the shiny new toy, though, and after Kwame sprained a MCL, lost his job to the rookie. Got it back after Bynum also went down. Went out 4-1 in the playoffs.

2008+: Traded for Gasol. Safe to say that Pau Gasol is better than Kwame. Bounced around to the Pistons, Bobcats, GSW, Bucks, and Sixers.

It's not a sad story, necessarily. And there were some bad beats but he wasn't rebounding, he wasn't blocking shots, and he was turning the ball over a lot, given how infrequently he was given the ball. Can't play C if you don't defend.
Bullets -> Wizards
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,969

Post#11 » by FAH1223 » Thu May 20, 2021 8:10 pm

pancakes3 wrote:Season by season:

2002: MJ came back. Rip was on fire. Kwame wasn't ever going to get shots. MJ never fed his big men and he's not about to start now. He didn't even get playing time bc we had vet PF's in Popeye, and Laettner who knew how to cater to MJ.

2003: Same. Kwame couldn't even find playing time at C because Haywood proved to be a much better defender.

2004: Kwame probably thinks it's his time to shine now that the old man is gone. 30mpg, put up 11/7. Only real challenger at PF was Ared Effries and even Ared could shoot better. Didn't like the fact that ball-dominant guards (Gil, LH, and Stack) still were dominating the ball. Did get a career high of 30 points, so really feeling himself.

2005: Good. Got rid of Stack. Uh oh. Picked up Tawn. Kwame's defense is getting exposed. Ared's putting up same rebounding and block numbers. Etan slid into the backup C role. Frontcourt is getting crowded. Minutes dropped. Shot attempts dropped. Being mad at Gil is misplaced anger.

2006: Fresh start in LA. Never mind, Kobe's going for 35ppg. Ain't nobody getting shots. Getting outplayed by Chris Mihm until Mihm's injury though. Phil played him at C. Hm, maybe Kwame's destined to be a C.

2007: Ok, Kobe got it out of his system. Let's have a more balanced offense. Bynum is the shiny new toy, though, and after Kwame sprained a MCL, lost his job to the rookie. Got it back after Bynum also went down. Went out 4-1 in the playoffs.

2008+: Traded for Gasol. Safe to say that Pau Gasol is better than Kwame. Bounced around to the Pistons, Bobcats, GSW, Bucks, and Sixers.

It's not a sad story, necessarily. And there were some bad beats but he wasn't rebounding, he wasn't blocking shots, and he was turning the ball over a lot, given how infrequently he was given the ball. Can't play C if you don't defend.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Read on Twitter
RealGM

Post#12 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu May 20, 2021 9:59 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
doclinkin wrote:

Thanks,Doclinkin.

My AutoCorrect and talk to text actually knows you NOW! :-)

Fixed.
Bye bye Beal.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,339

Post#13 » by doclinkin » Fri May 21, 2021 6:42 am

doclinkin wrote:

Thanks,Doclinkin.

My AutoCorrect and talk to text actually knows you NOW! :-)

Fixed.

You know it also knows I know.
RealGM

Post#14 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri May 21, 2021 7:04 am

:D
Bye bye Beal.
Tyrone Messby
Bench Warmer
And1: 417

Post#15 » by Tyrone Messby » Fri May 21, 2021 12:20 pm

I was at the Kings game where he destroyed Chris Webber. He got 30 and 19, I'll never forget that. I thought he had finally arrived. I remember his hands being too small for a big man haha. He'd always fumble the ball when fed inside. I've loved him calling out the media. He called Stephen A Smith a turtle without a shell. :lol: :lol:
AWIZZINGBULLET
Rookie
And1: 139

Post#16 » by AWIZZINGBULLET » Fri May 21, 2021 2:25 pm

Of them all, I wish that Jemele Hill would get decked twice by a Kwame Brown clenched fist.

The rest minus Gilbert Arenas can get decked once in this order: Rachel Nichols, Stephen A. Smith, Matt Barnes, Stephen Jackson.

god I hate that fugly broad, Jemele Hill.
Silvie Lysandra
Starter
And1: 365

Post#17 » by Silvie Lysandra » Fri May 21, 2021 2:46 pm

kwame brown is a bitch and always has been. he never should have been in the NBA and the GOAT exposed his ass and he never learned from it or realized why he failed.

he simply didn't have the heart or work ethic to respond the same way Scottie and the rest of the OG Bulls did to Michael's hyper-competitiveness, and Kwame blamed everyone but himself.
Kanyewest
General Manager

Post#18 » by Kanyewest » Fri May 21, 2021 4:09 pm

Tyrone Messby wrote:I was at the Kings game where he destroyed Chris Webber. He got 30 and 19, I'll never forget that. I thought he had finally arrived. I remember his hands being too small for a big man haha. He'd always fumble the ball when fed inside. I've loved him calling out the media. He called Stephen A Smith a turtle without a shell. :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I didn't go to that game but I remember being shocked by the result expecting the Wizards to lose. It turns out Chris Webber wasn't the same that season after his knee injury but Kwame did play well.
RealGM

Post#19 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri May 21, 2021 4:25 pm

Tyrone Messby wrote:I was at the Kings game where he destroyed Chris Webber. He got 30 and 19, I'll never forget that. I thought he had finally arrived. I remember his hands being too small for a big man haha. He'd always fumble the ball when fed inside. I've loved him calling out the media. He called Stephen A Smith a turtle without a shell. :lol: :lol:

I thought it was (just) Brad Miller. I do recall KB killed the Kings.

I think Kwame would be terrific defending in this or even the old NBA. WHAT I WISH was that he had a greater capacity for being coached up. Low skills? Learning disability? Cognitive dissonance?

I've suffered mental illness.

I have one offspring who could be a D1 football player, if size/strength/speed were all that mattered. He did make HS varsity in GA. I lost custody when he was 13 and he weighed about 200 then. HOWEVER ... things haven't materialized. I've been through hell and back and I can only wonder about his processes. WHY DO I SHARE THIS?

Many times so called winners (Jordan in 2001, Bryant, and those others who derided Kwame --esp. Jackson/Barnes/Gil?) THOSE DUDES HAVE NO F'ING CLUE. They like to verbally whip folks down because they've gotten all the good media attention, all the adulation, all the hype.

Kwame has his own voice now. I'M SO HAPPY for him! :nod:
Bye bye Beal.
Kanyewest
General Manager

Post#20 » by Kanyewest » Fri May 21, 2021 5:42 pm

Kwame's best games came against the Kings

Return to Washington Wizards