NBA Games Discussion Thread - Part 5

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread - Part 5 

Post#101 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu May 20, 2021 6:15 am

Ruzious wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:The Lakers versus Warriors game is outstanding!

GS up by 2 to start the 4th quarter. This game is living up to all the hype, GS has to stop the turnovers. Lakers double-teams have bothered Curry, but he's made a few amazing shots. Green's defense has been all-world.

The way the referees stole this game was they called two offensive fouls against Green.

Draymond was just standing there one time and a Laker guy ran behind him and fell down. another time a guy intentionally acted like he got tripped. Took away potentially 4 to 6 points. Took away time of possession. Gave the Lakers the opportunity to win with the shot that LeBron made for three.

As far as I’m concerned the Warriors did not lose this game in the wizards did not lose yesterday.
Bye bye Beal.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#102 » by Ruzious » Sat May 22, 2021 3:59 am

Ja Morant... super-clutch in OT - showing perfect patience time after time. It really wasn't a well played game overall - but very dramatic and mostly good defense and bad offense. Tillman did really well with Jonas V and my fave - JJJ - both in foul trouble all game. GS just lacked a 2nd scorer. Memphis was able to double Curry all game long.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#103 » by FAH1223 » Sat May 22, 2021 4:08 am

Ruzious wrote:Ja Morant... super-clutch in OT - showing perfect patience time after time. It really wasn't a well played game overall - but very dramatic and mostly good defense and bad offense. Tillman did really well with Jonas V and my fave - JJJ - both in foul trouble all game. GS just lacked a 2nd scorer. Memphis was able to double Curry all game long.

Grizzlies played great defense tonight. Brooks stuck to Curry like glue. Anderson was really playing well.

Can’t say enough about Ja Morant. Kid is gonna be really great for a long time especially when that shot improves. He was hitting the open looks that GSW gave him.

Draymond Green had a point blank floater to win in regulation but also had Wiggins in position to also win it.

Curry had mad turnovers. Just as he did against LAL
9 and 20
Rookie
And1: 832

Post#104 » by 9 and 20 » Sat May 22, 2021 4:11 am

What a game. Ja Morant is unbelievable. After Doncic, probably the best young guy in the league. I hate that push shot/floater (for no real good reason, I just think it looks dumb) - but it was a killer.
Can't say I do. Who else gonna shoot?
FAH1223
RealGM

Post#105 » by FAH1223 » Sat May 22, 2021 4:28 am

Read on Twitter
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,011

Post#106 » by Dark Faze » Sat May 22, 2021 11:16 am

Warriors may have to pull a John Wall on Klay if he can't get back 100%. No more of Steph's years should be wasted.
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#107 » by dlts20 » Sat May 22, 2021 1:16 pm

I like Steph and I hate to kick a man/team while they are down but there was something a Lil satisfying about this after Bazemores comments but Brad ends up in the playoffs and Curry isn't. Who's trying to keep up with who now? Get some popcorn Kent, so you can watch Brad Ball while you ball your eyes out.... Lmao
FAH1223
RealGM

Post#108 » by FAH1223 » Sat May 22, 2021 1:23 pm

Dark Faze wrote:Warriors may have to pull a John Wall on Klay if he can't get back 100%. No more of Steph's years should be wasted.

Read on Twitter
Illuminaire
Veteran
And1: 606

Post#109 » by Illuminaire » Sat May 22, 2021 4:59 pm

Curry has always been turnover prone. The best Warriors teams have had a low-turnover ball handler and a second elite shooter; that relieves the pressure on Curry and allows him to bend defenses without coughing up the ball so much.

This iteration of the Warriors had no one opponents feared outside of Steph. I mean no one at all. Three defenders had eyes on him at all times. He was soft doubled almost every play, and hard trapped frequently.

My real complaint with Curry is that he never tries jacking 35 footers in these situations. He always tries to trust his teammates and the offense. For almost anyone else, that would be an unreasonable frustration, but this is a guy who can shoot 40% from 40ft. If the defense is going to sell out that hard, the Warriors need to put in offensive rebounders and just let the man go to work.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#110 » by gambitx777 » Sat May 22, 2021 8:26 pm

This might be the most reasonable post I've ever read. Like I've always wondered why in games where it's basically Steph vs the world why the man doesn't just jack shots at 30-40ft not like there going to win anyway just give it a go.
Illuminaire wrote:Curry has always been turnover prone. The best Warriors teams have had a low-turnover ball handler and a second elite shooter; that relieves the pressure on Curry and allows him to bend defenses without coughing up the ball so much.

This iteration of the Warriors had no one opponents feared outside of Steph. I mean no one at all. Three defenders had eyes on him at all times. He was soft doubled almost every play, and hard trapped frequently.

My real complaint with Curry is that he never tries jacking 35 footers in these situations. He always tries to trust his teammates and the offense. For almost anyone else, that would be an unreasonable frustration, but this is a guy who can shoot 40% from 40ft. If the defense is going to sell out that hard, the Warriors need to put in offensive rebounders and just let the man go to work.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using RealGM mobile app
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#111 » by Ruzious » Sat May 22, 2021 9:21 pm

Very dramatic game 1 with Miami vs Milwaukee. Giannis hurt his left elbow and was even worse than usual from the foul line. He even had a rare 10 second violation in crunch time for taking too long to shoot. Robinson and Dragic were killing the Bucks from 3, but Middleton hit 20 footer with Robinson draped all over him - breaking a tie with 0.5 seconds left in OT. Miami calls to, gets an open corner 3 look for Butler, and Jrue Holiday flies over to block it. Game over. Butler had tied it in regulation but had a poor shooting game. We need Bertans to play like Duncan Robinson did today. Btw, Ariza's still got it - he's in great shape.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Illuminaire
Veteran
And1: 606

Post#112 » by Illuminaire » Sat May 22, 2021 9:52 pm

Ruzious wrote: We need Bertans to play like Duncan Robinson did today.

I was thinking that the entire game! Robinson has a similar build and similar shot... but he just looked so much more effective at defense, team rebounding, and getting his shot off.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#113 » by miller31time » Sun May 23, 2021 2:04 am

Where was this Jayson Tatum when WE were playing the Celtics?
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,868

Post#114 » by payitforward » Sun May 23, 2021 2:13 am

Ruzious wrote:Very dramatic game 1 with Miami vs Milwaukee. Giannis hurt his left elbow and was even worse than usual from the foul line. He even had a rare 10 second violation in crunch time for taking too long to shoot. Robinson and Dragic were killing the Bucks from 3, but Middleton hit 20 footer with Robinson draped all over him - breaking a tie with 0.5 seconds left in OT. Miami calls to, gets an open corner 3 look for Butler, and Jrue Holiday flies over to block it. Game over. Butler had tied it in regulation but had a poor shooting game. We need Bertans to play like Duncan Robinson did today. Btw, Ariza's still got it - he's in great shape.

Amazing that Miami was in the game at all -- they had 4 guys combine to go 10-47.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,868

Post#115 » by payitforward » Sun May 23, 2021 2:18 am

miller31time wrote:Where was this Jayson Tatum when WE were playing the Celtics?

Celtics should be even or up a point in this game -- make your freethrows!
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
9 and 20
Rookie
And1: 832

Post#116 » by 9 and 20 » Sun May 23, 2021 2:34 am

miller31time wrote:Where was this Jayson Tatum when WE were playing the Celtics?

Yeah, seriously.

Robert Williams doing his best Gafford interpretation, though, looking for the points/rebounds/blocks triple double.

This is random, but it still hits me every time I watch him play - Kevin Durant has the body of a cartoon. The torso of a small child and the crazy long and skinny arms and legs. Great, great player, though.
Can't say I do. Who else gonna shoot?
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,333

Post#117 » by dobrojim » Sun May 23, 2021 4:59 pm

Illuminaire wrote:
Ruzious wrote: We need Bertans to play like Duncan Robinson did today.

I was thinking that the entire game! Robinson has a similar build and similar shot... but he just looked so much more effective at defense, team rebounding, and getting his shot off.

Speaking of players resembling other player, Robert Williams did
a great Gafford impression for Bos vs BRK. (sorry didn't see the above post)
Great minds think alike.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
FAH1223
RealGM

Post#118 » by FAH1223 » Mon May 24, 2021 4:17 am

Dillon Brooks is a dog man

Grizzlies upset Jazz

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#119 » by gambitx777 » Mon May 24, 2021 5:09 am

Remember when they almost traded him by accident lol
FAH1223 wrote:Dillon Brooks is a dog man

Grizzlies upset Jazz

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

gambitx777
General Manager

Post#120 » by gambitx777 » Mon May 24, 2021 5:11 am

WOW Brandon Clarke a DNP.... Some give pif a hug.

Return to Washington Wizards