Round 1: Utah Jazz vs GSW/LAL/MEM

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

TNJazz
Rookie
And1: 431

Re: Round 1: Utah Jazz vs GSW/LAL/MEM 

Post#21 » by TNJazz » Sat May 22, 2021 1:34 pm

Agree with your assessment of the Fakers. The National Media has had them crowned as repeat champs since the preseason and have made every excuse known to stand by that prediction. The league is in a tailspin financially and have put all their chips in on the Lakers and Clippers in the WCF and the Lakers and Nets in the finals. Not saying that won't happen, but when was the last time a #7 seed was so heavily favored to win it all? I also think the Suns will beat them.

I for one would love to see the Jazz play the Bucks or Sixers in the Finals, no super teams allowed!

Now onto the Grizzlies, what a terrific story about overcoming the odds and taking care of the GSW. Fun game. I for one don't think either team stands a chance against the Jazz, IF the Jazz maintain their team oriented style of play. Hopefully this week has been focused primarily on strengthening what they already do better than anyone else, play team ball and use the iso game sparingly with JC and DM. Very few set plays for either play in team, so the Jazz's defense should be pretty strong if they work to slow down the young guns and make them play into their set 1/2 court defense.

GO Jazz!
dr0welf
Analyst
And1: 775

Post#22 » by dr0welf » Sat May 22, 2021 9:18 pm

Memphis is a strong up and coming team. I really like Brooks and Morant as center peices to build from. This will be a fun series to watch and I expect a challenge each game. Unfortunately I think Memphis's youth will make a few mistakes that you can't make against a team like Utah. I think we win in 5 with most games being close.

Honestly I was glad Memphis made it, time to see some new players getting excitement going in the playoffs. Let's have Dallas knock out LAC, Pho beat the Lakers, and if Boston can knock out Brkln I would be happy.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#23 » by VCfor3 » Sun May 23, 2021 12:00 am

Good luck this series! My prediction is Jazz in 5 and that I then root for you guys the rest of the way.

Return to Utah Jazz