ImageImageImage

Playoffs: First Round Game 1 : (8) Washington Wizards @ (1) Philadelphia 76ers l Sunday l 1:00pm l NBCSP/TNT

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

M2J
Starter
And1: 1,116

Re: Playoffs: First Round Game 1 : (8) Washington Wizards @ (1) Philadelphia 76ers l Sunday l 1:00pm l NBCSP/TNT 

Post#501 » by M2J » Mon May 24, 2021 5:32 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
M2J wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
Ben was their best player? Were we watching different games? Tobias was much better. So was Joel when he was playing.

I think criticism of Ben is being misconstrued with absolutely finding him worthless. He's still a good defender and is able to get into the lane (and promptly pass it out). He also played the most minutes. I would hope he'd generate assists because he's completely petrified of taking it up in traffic and if he does try to score, it's a lame hook shot.

He has a lot of value, but his current value is something I'd trade instantly for a competent scorer who gets his own buckets.

I'd trade Ben too. If you can trade up, like for Leonard. For Lavine? They'd have to send other assets.

But Tobias had a career night scoring the ball and Joel did his thing, and yet Ben was still more effective overall to the win perhaps both offensively and defensively. IMO

I wish the NF would put out an All Possessions video sooner, but he tosses a lot of passes out to the perimeter or lobs to Dwight in the post once he has gotten isolated into the paint on smaller guys. Yes, a lot of those passes were converted to assists today and he had some really nice assists in transition (which is his bread and butter), but he is essentially a non-threat at scoring other than putbacks or in transition. If he was a DeRozan, another essentially non-three point shooter, type scorer, then you'd never listen to me complain about him. DeRozan isn't even fair, I'd take a Dejounte Murray type scorer and be satisfied.

Instead our offense is him driving to a spot and kicking it out. That works against a dreadful team like Washington, but we're going to have some issues against teams that actually play cohesive defense.

All true, but he was an aggressive playmaker yesterday, which is the Ben I like most. He created a tempo and pace that was better than normal, and it helped everyone... Including Tobias and Joel
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,667

Re: Playoffs: First Round Game 1 : (8) Washington Wizards @ (1) Philadelphia 76ers l Sunday l 1:00pm l NBCSP/TNT 

Post#502 » by Negrodamus » Mon May 24, 2021 5:48 pm

M2J wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
M2J wrote:
I'd trade Ben too. If you can trade up, like for Leonard. For Lavine? They'd have to send other assets.

But Tobias had a career night scoring the ball and Joel did his thing, and yet Ben was still more effective overall to the win perhaps both offensively and defensively. IMO

I wish the NF would put out an All Possessions video sooner, but he tosses a lot of passes out to the perimeter or lobs to Dwight in the post once he has gotten isolated into the paint on smaller guys. Yes, a lot of those passes were converted to assists today and he had some really nice assists in transition (which is his bread and butter), but he is essentially a non-threat at scoring other than putbacks or in transition. If he was a DeRozan, another essentially non-three point shooter, type scorer, then you'd never listen to me complain about him. DeRozan isn't even fair, I'd take a Dejounte Murray type scorer and be satisfied.

Instead our offense is him driving to a spot and kicking it out. That works against a dreadful team like Washington, but we're going to have some issues against teams that actually play cohesive defense.

All true, but he was an aggressive playmaker yesterday, which is the Ben I like most. He created a tempo and pace that was better than normal, and it helped everyone... Including Tobias and Joel

Yea, I'm not disputing that he was effective. He is a good player, a point I've emphasized before. My concerns exist beyond this game. Washington was/is atrocious at defense and really was begging Ben to score on them. Luckily, I don't think the Knicks or Hawks are really all that better on defense. The real issue will present itself when we're playing the Buck or Nets if we get to the Finals, especially the Bucks. When they have Giannis on Tobias and everyone else smothering Embiid, it's going to be on Ben's shoulders to score some points. What I saw yesterday concerns me in that regard.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,479

Post#503 » by HartfordWhalers » Mon May 24, 2021 7:00 pm

I'm ready for a game 2 thread.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,751

Post#504 » by Stanford » Mon May 24, 2021 7:18 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:I'm ready for a game 2 thread.

:lol:
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,792

Post#506 » by eyeatoma » Tue May 25, 2021 4:28 am

HartfordWhalers wrote:I'm ready for a game 2 thread.

Feel like the mods should go ahead and make the threads :-)

Sixerscan had a good one up. As I said before, can't be having outsiders like Ducler making our gamethreads in the playoffs. Reg season, fine, but playoffs, is our house!
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#507 » by eyeatoma » Tue May 25, 2021 4:29 am

Kobblehead wrote:Trevor Ariza is such a trash bag.

Yeah, getting really annoyed by his schtick lately.
JudahMax
Sophomore
And1: 30

Post#508 » by JudahMax » Tue May 25, 2021 10:56 am

Negrodamus wrote:
M2J wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

Yea, I'm not disputing that he was effective. He is a good player, a point I've emphasized before. My concerns exist beyond this game. Washington was/is atrocious at defense and really was begging Ben to score on them. Luckily, I don't think the Knicks or Hawks are really all that better on defense. The real issue will present itself when we're playing the Buck or Nets if we get to the Finals, especially the Bucks. When they have Giannis on Tobias and everyone else smothering Embiid, it's going to be on Ben's shoulders to score some points. What I saw yesterday concerns me in that regard.

Don’t worry we haven’t seen the end of Simmons. He’ll step up and score when it’s required of him. The main thing is free throws right now, Simmons needs to start getting to the free throw pine and cashing out, I know the dude can get to the rim at will and draw fouls .
JudahMax
Sophomore

Post#509 » by JudahMax » Tue May 25, 2021 11:14 am

Kobblehead wrote:No, I love reading your posts and wish they'd stop banning you and just let you post on the board

You are a moron dude, your so invested into whoever your thinking of it’s sad. I’ve literally never been banned and literally never been under any user name but the one I’m currently using. I rarely post for a guy that’s just itching to be here clown! Anyways I’m done with you because this is lame I’m not about to sit here and debate with you about some other person you can’t get off your mind. Goodbye.
SwingOnThis
Sophomore
And1: 125

Post#511 » by SwingOnThis » Tue May 25, 2021 12:24 pm

JudahMax wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:No, I love reading your posts and wish they'd stop banning you and just let you post on the board

You are a moron dude, your so invested into whoever your thinking of it’s sad. I’ve literally never been banned and literally never been under any user name but the one I’m currently using. I rarely post for a guy that’s just itching to be here clown! Anyways I’m done with you because this is lame I’m not about to sit here and debate with you about some other person you can’t get off your mind. Goodbye.

Nothing like a dramatic "i'm leaving the board" post :lol:
JudahMax
Sophomore

Post#512 » by JudahMax » Tue May 25, 2021 2:12 pm

SwingOnThis wrote:
JudahMax wrote:

Nothing like having piss poor comprehension skills like yourself because I clearly never said anything about leaving the board. Try again
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,063

Post#514 » by Kobblehead » Tue May 25, 2021 9:27 pm

JudahMax wrote:
SwingOnThis wrote:
JudahMax wrote:

Nothing like having piss poor comprehension skills like yourself because I clearly never said anything about leaving the board. Try again

What's the point in lurking all this time and then you decide to finally start posting, you're just being mean and trolling?

Why not just join the community and start posting normal?
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,063

Post#515 » by Kobblehead » Tue May 25, 2021 9:32 pm

eyeatoma wrote:

Yeah, Joel and Giannis would literally wipe the floor with his crusty, old, physically weak, skinny, little jit haircut-having ass. Not sure who he thinks he's fooling with the fake tough guy act.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#516 » by eyeatoma » Tue May 25, 2021 9:40 pm

Kobblehead wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Yeah, Joel and Giannis would literally wipe the floor with his crusty, old, physically weak, skinny, little jit haircut-having ass. Not sure who he thinks he's fooling with the fake tough guy act.

I remember he got in Trae Young's face a year or so ago because he nutmegged him. Dude always has some agenda.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,682

Post#517 » by phillynative » Tue May 25, 2021 10:32 pm

Why doesnt he get in one of the Morris brothers face?Im sure they would love to entertain his antics.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,410

Post#518 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Tue May 25, 2021 10:49 pm

Kobblehead wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Look....His name is Trevor....Enough said. I've never met a person named Trevor that wasn't a jackass. Yes...That includes Trevor Lawrence in the NFL who happens to also look...Like a giant jackass.
embiidfan420
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#519 » by embiidfan420 » Fri May 28, 2021 5:42 am

sixerserpent wrote:
embiidfan420 wrote:
Hussien Fatal wrote:
What about this first game says it’s going to be a sweep?

Embiid essentially played one half and we never really had to sweat. Next win is by 20.

It's going to take more than just Embiid to win this series let alone sweep them. I doubt Tobi will continue to drop 35+ points a game.

As I said
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#520 » by eyeatoma » Fri May 28, 2021 2:18 pm

*"$@ it!!!!!!!!!!

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Return to Philadelphia 76ers