Image ImageImage Image

Way too early NBA draft thread 2021

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

If we manage to get 3rd pick who do you draft?

Evan Mobley
14%
Jalen Suggs
61%
Terrence Clarke
1%
Jonathan Kuminga
6%
Ziaire Williams
1%
Usman Guruba
1%
Jalen Johnson
1%
Terrence Clarke
No votes
BJ Boston
2%
None of the Above
12%

Total votes: 146

MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,008

Re: Way too early NBA draft thread 2021 

Post#1221 » by MrSparkle » Tue May 25, 2021 4:24 pm

Why do people propose hypotheticals as absolutes?

I think any means of improving would be considered with a top-4 pick. There are 15 All-NBA players and about 13 or 14 of them are going to be losers this summer, along with the other 5 or so who failed to even make the post-season or get the recognition.

Bulls need a creator/primary option. I'd just make a board of the top options in draft and potentially available, and take it from there. You need to consider that ORL gets our 22 & 24 FRPs in the scenario we nab a top-4, so it'd be in our best interests to not build around a rookie unless they're looking like immediate-impact can't miss superstar talent.

Meanwhile, they definitely can't plan around 20% odds. I'm not happy they erased 8% off those odds with the Bucks win.
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Post#1222 » by Jvaughn » Tue May 25, 2021 6:26 pm

Okay so we end up with the 8th best odds for the top overall pick now. Beat out Kings and Pelicans for the spot.
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
Pax for Prez
Starter
And1: 375

Post#1223 » by Pax for Prez » Tue May 25, 2021 6:34 pm

Jvaughn wrote:Okay so we end up with the 8th best odds for the top overall pick now. Beat out Kings and Pelicans for the spot.

No, the odds are the same for picks 8-10 at 20.3% for a Top 4 Pick
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 7,448

Post#1224 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Tue May 25, 2021 6:38 pm

I know Orlando getting the 8th pick (in all likelihood) doesn’t change our fate one bit, but I’d be lying if I said it didn’t hurt a little.
Contribute to the "Fire GarPax" billboard here:
https://www.gofundme.com/3v7fc-let-our-voices-be-heard-firegarpax
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,372

Post#1225 » by Dominator83 » Tue May 25, 2021 6:41 pm

Of course we win a 3 way tie when it's for someone else.
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
cool007
RealGM
And1: 3,098

Post#1226 » by cool007 » Tue May 25, 2021 8:17 pm

Dominater wrote:If course we win a 3 way tie when it's for someone else.

No, we did win the tie breaker vs Kings a couple of years ago but unfortunately Kings moved up to 2nd pick while we got the 7th pick and picked Carter Jr.

Our franchise would have been different if we had moved up and drafted Doncic or Trae. Knowing GarPax - they usually go with the safest pick who has higher floor so they would have picked Bagley anyway.
Almost Retired
Rookie
And1: 556

Post#1227 » by Almost Retired » Tue May 25, 2021 9:02 pm

sco wrote:I'm still rooting that my man Isaiah Livers fall to us in the 2nd round.

Livers will there when we make our 2nd Round selection. But he doesn't move the needle for me in any way. He does a lot of things well. Nothing stands out as as an elite level skill. I guess he'd be a "glue guy" at SF on the 2nd unit. I'd much rather have Isaiah Todd. Much higher upside. You can envision a way to use him...as a long SF until he fills out to Horace Grant Size (6-10' & 240 lbs) where he can assume the PF role. Todd has First Round talent. He routinely worked out with the guards on the Ignite squad. He can be a streaky good shooter from the outside, and at 6-10" with good extension on his jumper he'd be able to get his shot off against 90% of the SFs in the league. He also has nice footwork inside 10 feet where he pivots to a fall away and he's pretty accurate with the move. Inside he can get blocked but he sticks with the play and often scores on a second chance or he steals the ball back and resets. He's a fluid athlete. Young. His body is well suited to add some bulk and more functional strength. At 6-10" he's the exact height Horace Grant was when we drafted him. Horace had a few extra years playing in College to prepare. Todd has only had the one year with Ignite. So he will need development time. But the foundation for a very good front court player is there. And watching him play I don't see Donovan having to beg him to shoot if he's open. The kid likes to shoot. I would love to add him to the team.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,135

Post#1228 » by Michael Jackson » Tue May 25, 2021 10:21 pm

cool007 wrote:

No, we did win the tie breaker vs Kings a couple of years ago but unfortunately Kings moved up to 2nd pick while we got the 7th pick and picked Carter Jr.

Our franchise would have been different if we had moved up and drafted Doncic or Trae. Knowing GarPax - they usually go with the safest pick who has higher floor so they would have picked Bagley anyway.

All reports were was that it was going to be Bagley. Sadly I believe that one.
Am2626
Analyst
And1: 1,005

Post#1229 » by Am2626 » Tue May 25, 2021 11:19 pm

:nonono:
Michael Jackson wrote:
cool007 wrote:

All reports were was that it was going to be Bagley. Sadly I believe that one.

Winning the tiebreaker means nothing for the Bulls. Each team has the same 20% odds. I have a bad feeling that either the Kings or Pelicans are going to get a top 4 pick and the Bulls are going to give a 9 pick to the Magic.
Am2626
Analyst
And1: 1,005

Post#1230 » by Am2626 » Tue May 25, 2021 11:35 pm

Pax for Prez wrote:
Jvaughn wrote:Okay so we end up with the 8th best odds for the top overall pick now. Beat out Kings and Pelicans for the spot.

No, the odds are the same for picks 8-10 at 20.3% for a Top 4 Pick

All the Bulls had to do was lose to the Bucks in that last game which would have given them the 8 spot outright and increased their odds to 26%. Instead they win a meaningless game and open the door for the Kings and Pelicans to have better odds of landing a top 4 pick. It’s not even the 6% loss in their odds that bothers me. It’s the fact that the Bulls winning that game significantly increased both the Kings and Pelicans chances at getting a top 4 pick.

I’m calling it right now that I think 1 of the Kings, Bulls, or Pelicans are getting a top 4 pick. I just have a bad feeling that it won’t be the Bulls. I guess the curse continues.
Salo23
Sixth Man
And1: 415

Post#1231 » by Salo23 » Wed May 26, 2021 2:32 am

Some good news.

We will have the option to swap our 2nd round pick (40th) with New Orleans (38th) as part of the Mirotic trade.

So we are currently projected to pick 38th overall. There should be some nice options in that range.
We are missing a lot of layups right now as a team, and that is on me... It’s my job to make sure we’re ready to make our layups." - Thibodeau.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,616

Post#1232 » by sco » Wed May 26, 2021 12:51 pm

Salo23 wrote:Some good news.

We will have the option to swap our 2nd round pick (40th) with New Orleans (38th) as part of the Mirotic trade.

So we are currently projected to pick 38th overall. There should be some nice options in that range.

Cool. What was the trigger for that? or was it always going to happen that way?
:clap:
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#1233 » by MrFortune3 » Wed May 26, 2021 5:00 pm

sco wrote:

Cool. What was the trigger for that? or was it always going to happen that way?

It was always part of the trade. We got a 2018 1st and the rights to swap 2021 seconds with them as part of the trade.
boozapalooza
Rookie
And1: 647

Post#1234 » by boozapalooza » Wed May 26, 2021 10:13 pm

cool007 wrote:

If I recall correctly, GarPax thought Luka was too unathletic. Didnt even show interest in him...pathetic. I think we wouldve taken Jaren Jackson or Bagley. AK wouldve been all over Luka
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,793

Post#1235 » by kulaz3000 » Thu May 27, 2021 12:44 am

boozapalooza wrote:
cool007 wrote:

If I recall correctly, GarPax thought Luka was too unathletic. Didnt even show interest in him...pathetic. I think we wouldve taken Jaren Jackson or Bagley. AK wouldve been all over Luka

I think what I've bolded is inaccurate. There were many things I've read leading up to that draft which linked the Bulls to Luka, and even stories of Luka's team wanting the Bulls, however, I read more things about the Bulls liking Bagley more than any other prospect.

Point being, let's not go with just because we didn't hear enough stories about the Bulls not liking a player, means that they showed no interest in said player.
Why so serious?
Rose2Boozer
Starter
And1: 643

Post#1236 » by Rose2Boozer » Thu May 27, 2021 5:01 am

Could Day'Ron Sharpe be available for the Bulls in the second round?

ROLES & HOLES
biggestbullsfan
RealGM
And1: 1,879

Post#1237 » by biggestbullsfan » Thu May 27, 2021 9:01 pm

This draft seems pretty deep to me. I think we can actually get some quality in the second round. Maybe even pay cash for another pick or to trade up.
Almost Retired
Rookie
And1: 556

Post#1238 » by Almost Retired » Thu May 27, 2021 10:10 pm

Rose2Boozer wrote:Could Day'Ron Sharpe be available for the Bulls in the second round?

st

Most Mocks have him going late First to mid Second Round. In a prior era he might have been more valued. But wings and ball dominant guards that can create and shoot are in much higher demand these days. I may be wrong but Sharpe looks like another Wendell Carter. We can't seem to develop big men at all. We should take the best wing or potential lead guard available when our pick comes. Fill out our front court with Free Agents.
Pax for Prez
Starter
And1: 375

Post#1239 » by Pax for Prez » Fri May 28, 2021 4:04 am

Players that look to be available from pick range 28-43 according to most mocks.

PG M. McBride - W. Virgina
PG / SG A. Dosunmu - Illinios
PG / SG R. Jokubaitis - Internat.
PG / SG J. Ayayi - Gonzaga
PG M. Abmas - Oral Roberts
SG B. Boston - Kentucky
SG J. Primo - Alabama
SF K. Edwards - Pepperdine
SF M. Bagley - Arizona St
SG / SF T. Shannon Jr. Texas Tech
SF T. Murphy III - Virgina
SF H. Jones - Alabama
PF R. Prkacin - Internatinal
PF G. Brown - Texas
C D. Sharpe - N. Carolina
C C. Bassey - W. Kentucky
ThreeMileAllan
Veteran
And1: 766

Post#1240 » by ThreeMileAllan » Fri May 28, 2021 7:07 am

Pax for Prez wrote:

Players that look to be available from pick range 28-43 according to most mocks.

PG M. McBride - W. Virgina
PG / SG A. Dosunmu - Illinios
PG / SG R. Jokubaitis - Internat.
PG / SG J. Ayayi - Gonzaga
PG M. Abmas - Oral Roberts
SG B. Boston - Kentucky
SG J. Primo - Alabama
SF K. Edwards - Pepperdine
SF M. Bagley - Arizona St
SG / SF T. Shannon Jr. Texas Tech
SF T. Murphy III - Virgina
SF H. Jones - Alabama
PF R. Prkacin - Internatinal
PF G. Brown - Texas
C D. Sharpe - N. Carolina
C C. Bassey - W. Kentucky
I would be over the moon if we got Ayo

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
On the Crawford/Rose bandwagon in 2002... 2009, 2011, 2012, 2017... :laugh: Finally in 2018! 16 year wait!

Return to Chicago Bulls