ImageImageImageImageImage

Woj: Bjorkgren could be on the outs with Indy

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,411

Re: Woj: Bjorkgren could be on the outs with Indy 

Post#221 » by WuTang_OG » Fri May 21, 2021 5:57 pm

PerfectJab wrote:
SFour wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
He's a goof ball.

Washington owner pays him to tweet Wizards want Masai

The tweet comes when the buzzer hits when we win 2019 championship.

Clown.

ya he couldn't even wait a day or even a week before releasing the fake news...it had to be exactly while they were still celebrating the championship in the lockerroom

Didn't know the timing was like that!

Very telling from a journalistic integrity standpoint. The guy has no class.

Yep. I remember it cuz i have notifications on my phone from Woj. As soon as the buzzer sounded , he sent that tweet
kleatius_01
Senior
And1: 299

Post#222 » by kleatius_01 » Fri May 21, 2021 10:21 pm

Wouldnt be surprised if he's gone. O'Conner on The Ringer Mismatch pod pointed out that they chased Westbrook over screens all night and had a poor game plan. That's 100% on the coach.

Obviously he was great for us, but at some point smoke = fire. Narrative seems to be shaping up for him to take the fall for a disappointing season. His best chance is that he was hired so recently. Prichard might be worried that flipping through coaches so quickly will burn his ownership cred, and give Nate a chance next year.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,609

Post#223 » by WaltFrazier » Tue May 25, 2021 4:49 am

Under the headline, Pacers Undecided on whether to Retain Nate Bjorkgren:

"In the exit meetings, no one said they they were unhappy," said Kevin Pritchard. "Yes, they said he micromanages.... Nate had to find his identity... He's our coach as of now.... I'm not committing either way (to whether or not he comes back)."

"I've got a young coach with super talent and X and Os but needs some (improvement) in human management," added Pritchard.

Pritchard doesn't exactly follow Masai's model of keeping things close to the vest. What a jerk. Make a decision, but don't play all your pro and con thoughts out in public.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
JYD
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,209

Post#224 » by JYD » Tue May 25, 2021 6:01 am

WaltFrazier wrote:Under the headline, Pacers Undecided on whether to Retain Nate Bjorkgren:

"In the exit meetings, no one said they they were unhappy," said Kevin Pritchard. "Yes, they said he micromanages.... Nate had to find his identity... He's our coach as of now.... I'm not committing either way (to whether or not he comes back)."

"I've got a young coach with super talent and X and Os but needs some (improvement) in human management," added Pritchard.

Pritchard doesn't exactly follow Masai's model of keeping things close to the vest. What a jerk. Make a decision, but don't play all your pro and con thoughts out in public.

Pritchard has a rep for being this way, back to his Blazer days.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,744

Post#225 » by Johnny Bball » Tue May 25, 2021 6:58 am

WaltFrazier wrote:Under the headline, Pacers Undecided on whether to Retain Nate Bjorkgren:

Sounds to me like he's not firing nate, just being bluntly honest about what has to change. people tend to like that from their bosses.
WuTang_OG
RealGM

Post#226 » by WuTang_OG » Tue May 25, 2021 11:43 am

Pritch is a slimeball
kj_
Analyst
And1: 3,298

Post#227 » by kj_ » Tue May 25, 2021 12:50 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:

Sounds to me like he's not firing nate, just being bluntly honest about what has to change. people tend to like that from their bosses.

Yes, if it’s said to you in a private meeting, not announced in public.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WuTang_OG
RealGM

Post#228 » by WuTang_OG » Tue May 25, 2021 1:31 pm

lol
bjorkgren is gone. As soon as that report came out, you cant keep him. Its over.

He got screwed by Pritchard... this should have been addressed internally. Seems like Pritchard letting Nate be the scapegoat meanwhile that roster stinks.

Sucks for him but at least he will join Nurse's staff again
DIEHARD_005
Starter
And1: 902

Post#229 » by DIEHARD_005 » Tue May 25, 2021 2:23 pm

Pritch is a slimeball. Just look up what he did to Darius Miles in Portland.
Kreamy
RealGM
And1: 2,097

Post#230 » by Kreamy » Tue May 25, 2021 3:58 pm

If the Pacers are going to make changes, they should do it right and start with Pritchard. He's a hack and the definition of a used car salesman.
Cael
Junior
And1: 458

Post#231 » by Cael » Tue May 25, 2021 5:03 pm

If I were Nate I'd quit. You don't air out your coach like that publicly.
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,442

Post#232 » by mtcan » Tue May 25, 2021 5:08 pm

Cael wrote:

I think the Pacers front office wants him to quit... because in that case...they no longer have to pay him the balance of his contract. If they fire him though...they are still on the hook for his contract. I'd stay and make them fire me if I were him.
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,381

Post#233 » by ForeverTFC » Tue May 25, 2021 5:14 pm

Kind of rich for Pritchard to talk about someone needing to learn "human management"
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,618

Post#234 » by Fairview4Life » Tue May 25, 2021 5:51 pm

mtcan wrote:
Cael wrote:

I think the Pacers front office wants him to quit... because in that case...they no longer have to pay him the balance of his contract. If they fire him though...they are still on the hook for his contract. I'd stay and make them fire me if I were him.

9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
JPriest
Senior
And1: 843

Post#235 » by JPriest » Tue May 25, 2021 6:13 pm

Glad we got Bobby and Masai running the ship. High standards of professionalism and respect for players, coaches and staff. Kevin Pritchard subtly airing out his dirty laundry to the media about Nate is childish and uncalled for. What an amateur. It serves no purpose when it comes to improvement of the team overall and it puts Nate in a precarious position when it comes to questions from the media. Shouldn't undercut an employee like that in public.
dkb9696
Bench Warmer
And1: 968

Post#236 » by dkb9696 » Tue May 25, 2021 6:52 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:lol
bjorkgren is gone. As soon as that report came out, you cant keep him. Its over.

He got screwed by Pritchard... this should have been addressed internally. Seems like Pritchard letting Nate be the scapegoat meanwhile that roster stinks.

If you think their roster stinks then shield you eyes for the Raptors roster.

Siakam/FVV/OG/Boucher/Flynn/Harris/ vs Sabonis/Brogdon/Turner/Levert/Warren/McDermott.

Nate should lose his job because he underachieved and was an **** to everyone from the sounds of it. If you want to be a leader of men, then you best be able to motivate them to want to be lead.
MikeM
General Manager
And1: 9,878

Post#237 » by MikeM » Tue May 25, 2021 7:01 pm

Well Nate was fine here. So you have a guy that was fine one place and not fine in another place. And that same place has been through a couple coaches already and had lockerroom drama before Nate arrived.

So most likely, Nate is a bit of a dick but the players just have no desire to make it work.
WuTang_OG
RealGM

Post#238 » by WuTang_OG » Tue May 25, 2021 7:08 pm

dkb9696 wrote:

Siakam/FVV/OG/Boucher/Flynn/Harris/ vs Sabonis/Brogdon/Turner/Levert/Warren/McDermott.

Nate should lose his job because he underachieved and was an **** to everyone from the sounds of it. If you want to be a leader of men, then you best be able to motivate them to want to be lead.

I'm taking a Raps roster 100% (don't forget Gary Trent + 7th pick) over Indiana especially since we won a chip and are rebuilding. Indy has been trying to win for a while now and have done jack sh*t .. their roster is piss poor

Nate is clearly getting scapegoated. It all falls from the top, Pritchard did him dirty.
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,442

Post#239 » by mtcan » Tue May 25, 2021 7:10 pm

dkb9696 wrote:

All in all...Nate did the best with what he had...i.e. missing his starting 3 for the entire season and starting 5 for the end of the season and missing Caris Levert for a couple of months due to cancer surgery.
dkb9696
Bench Warmer
And1: 968

Post#240 » by dkb9696 » Tue May 25, 2021 7:16 pm

mtcan wrote:
dkb9696 wrote:

All in all...Nate did the best with what he had...i.e. missing his starting 3 for the entire season and starting 5 for the end of the season and missing Caris Levert for a couple of months due to cancer surgery.

To be fair almost all teams lost players due to injury or covid this season. There are also reports, true or not, that Warren asked for a trade once Nate was hired because of the time he spent with him while with the Suns. I do not even want this guy back with the Raptors to be honest. Where there is smoke there is fire.

Return to Toronto Raptors