2021 Draft Discussion and Pick Tracker

Moderators: VCfor3, SD2042

jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Re: 2021 Draft Discussion and Pick Tracker 

Post#101 » by jman3134 » Mon May 24, 2021 5:21 am

The more I watch the Grizzlies, the more mixed I am on the Grizz drafting Bouknight. We do need someone with better offensive upside than Brooks, but we need the requisite bball IQ to move the ball. We can't have Brooks and Bouknight on the court at the same time. I would rather trade up and pay a ton for Jalen Green. He is a game changing option. We trade our early 1st and someone else/a future 1st for Green, buy a late 1st to grab either Santos/Onu and grab the other in the 2nd.

Green is going to be the next great NBA player imo. His freakish athleticism would be insane next to Ja. In Gui, you have a tough minded defender from day 1 with a skillset to score on anyone and at 18, he could develop into something special. Onu is a project stretch five with a 7'6 wingspan who might get time right away just to camp on the perimeter. This would add a totally different wrinkle to our game and would add considerable versatility to our lineup. We take a chance on Kyle Mangas in undrafted free agency. The kid is a workhorse and I have no doubts he would find his way into the rotation within 2 years if given a two way opportunity.

We retain virtually everyone in the rotation now.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,972

Post#102 » by VCfor3 » Mon May 24, 2021 2:20 pm

jman3134 wrote:The more I watch the Grizzlies, the more mixed I am on the Grizz drafting Bouknight. We do need someone with better offensive upside than Brooks, but we need the requisite bball IQ to move the ball. We can't have Brooks and Bouknight on the court at the same time. I would rather trade up and pay a ton for Jalen Green. He is a game changing option. We trade our early 1st and someone else/a future 1st for Green, buy a late 1st to grab either Santos/Onu and grab the other in the 2nd.

Green is going to be the next great NBA player imo. His freakish athleticism would be insane next to Ja. In Gui, you have a tough minded defender from day 1 with a skillset to score on anyone and at 18, he could develop into something special. Onu is a project stretch five with a 7'6 wingspan who might get time right away just to camp on the perimeter. This would add a totally different wrinkle to our game and would add considerable versatility to our lineup. We take a chance on Kyle Mangas in undrafted free agency. The kid is a workhorse and I have no doubts he would find his way into the rotation within 2 years if given a two way opportunity.

I'd LOVE to get Green. I just don't see a way to do it without Ja or JJJ being in the deal.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#103 » by jman3134 » Mon May 24, 2021 6:55 pm

1st this year + DB?
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,972

Post#104 » by VCfor3 » Tue May 25, 2021 12:05 am

jman3134 wrote:1st this year + DB?

DB is raising his value right now, but I don't think it'll be high enough for this. Especially consider the teams at the top aren't one DB away from making noise.
E S V L
Analyst
And1: 960

Post#105 » by E S V L » Tue May 25, 2021 4:01 pm

VCfor3 wrote:I'd LOVE to get Green. I just don't see a way to do it without Ja or JJJ being in the deal.

Count me all in. I am ready to give JJJ + Melton to CLE for #4 (Green).

I would then target Isiah Jackson and Roco Prkacin to compensate the loss of JJJ.
FK NFL
E S V L
Analyst

Post#106 » by E S V L » Tue May 25, 2021 4:02 pm

Livers, Nix, and Wiescamp are my 2nd round sleepers.
FK NFL
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#107 » by jman3134 » Tue May 25, 2021 8:10 pm

I'd do a JJJ for the number 3/4 straight up if it came to that.
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,790

Post#108 » by psman2 » Tue May 25, 2021 11:13 pm

jman3134 wrote:The more I watch the Grizzlies, the more mixed I am on the Grizz drafting Bouknight. We do need someone with better offensive upside than Brooks, but we need the requisite bball IQ to move the ball. We can't have Brooks and Bouknight on the court at the same time. I would rather trade up and pay a ton for Jalen Green. He is a game changing option. We trade our early 1st and someone else/a future 1st for Green, buy a late 1st to grab either Santos/Onu and grab the other in the 2nd.

Just a side note. Buying a 1st is not easily, I think only one has been sold in the last 10 years. It is just not done anymore. Early seconds usually take around max cash allowed 5+m, mid seconds are usually 2 million, late usually just over a million.

And as others have stated it would be impossible to get into the top four without JJJ and might take JJJ/plus our 1st/+? if he continues to look lost these playoffs.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#109 » by jman3134 » Tue May 25, 2021 11:56 pm

I'd give up 2-3 1sts in the future, if that is what it came to. While I have not seen many player for 1st trades, I have seen a ton of packaged deals to move up.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#110 » by jman3134 » Wed May 26, 2021 4:45 am

E S V L wrote:Livers, Nix, and Wiescamp are my 2nd round sleepers.

I really like Wiescamp and believe that he has a chance to slip into the late 1st, depending on who stays in the draft. You can't say enough about three point shooting and he really is an elite three point shooter. His D is not as bad as most believe it to be.

Livers is a very skilled player that I think can be had in the 2nd round.

I like the potential of Nix as well. He is super young and has a ton of room to grow. He will likely move up to the top of the 2nd round based on workouts imo. Or he might be a 2nd round steal on talent.
MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,553

Post#111 » by MemphisX » Sat May 29, 2021 8:31 am

E S V L wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:I'd LOVE to get Green. I just don't see a way to do it without Ja or JJJ being in the deal.

I would then target Isiah Jackson and Roco Prkacin to compensate the loss of JJJ.

Only problem is you are then looking for another Jaren. Give me Josh Christopher who is probably 85% of Jalen Green and the Grizz keep Jaren.

I think Josh is going to be special. Especially in a situation like Memphis where he does not have a heavy load of expectations on him early. He can learn good habits and develop defensively.
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
E S V L
Analyst

Post#112 » by E S V L » Sat May 29, 2021 12:08 pm

MemphisX wrote:
E S V L wrote:

Only problem is you are then looking for another Jaren. Give me Josh Christopher who is probably 85% of Jalen Green and the Grizz keep Jaren.

I think Josh is going to be special. Especially in a situation like Memphis where he does not have a heavy load of expectations on him early. He can learn good habits and develop defensively.

I agree - Josh looks interesting. It’s a solid option. Is he Brooks 2.0?

Re “need for another JJJ”, my answer is Isiah Jackson.
FK NFL
E S V L
Analyst

Post#113 » by E S V L » Fri Jun 4, 2021 1:29 pm

In terms of character, Garuba looks like our GNG guy
FK NFL
E S V L
Analyst

Post#114 » by E S V L » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:26 pm

Chris Duarte (Dillon Brooks 2.0) announced that he won`t participate in combines, which signals that he secured promise from the NBA team. Given that he is the most impactful player, along with Garuba, on the draft, I wonder whether this team is us.
FK NFL
Whole Truth
Head Coach
And1: 3,679

Post#115 » by Whole Truth » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:28 pm

E S V L wrote:Chris Duarte (Dillon Brooks 2.0) announced that he won`t participate in combines, which signals that he secured promise from the NBA team. Given that he is the most impactful player, along with Garuba, on the draft, I wonder whether this team is us.

Impact player, advanced draft age, high floor, low ceiling... sounds like a Memphis mid to late pick (Tillman/Clarke/Bane).

Brooks 2.0, maybe but with better decision making & shot selection.
E S V L
Analyst

Post#116 » by E S V L » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:53 pm

Whole Truth wrote:
E S V L wrote:Chris Duarte (Dillon Brooks 2.0) announced that he won`t participate in combines, which signals that he secured promise from the NBA team. Given that he is the most impactful player, along with Garuba, on the draft, I wonder whether this team is us.

Impact player, advanced draft age, high floor, low ceiling... sounds like a Memphis mid to late pick (Tillman/Clarke/Bane).

I woke up this morning feeling I am already in love with Duarte :oops:
FK NFL
MemphisX
Analyst

Post#117 » by MemphisX » Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:21 am

E S V L wrote:
Whole Truth wrote:

Duarte does not expect to make it to 16. So I am happy.
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
E S V L
Analyst

Post#118 » by E S V L » Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:00 am

MemphisX wrote:
E S V L wrote:
Whole Truth wrote:

What’s wrong with Duarte?
FK NFL
MemphisX
Analyst

Post#119 » by MemphisX » Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:50 am

E S V L wrote:
MemphisX wrote:
E S V L wrote:

Too old.
E S V L
Analyst

Post#120 » by E S V L » Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:53 am

MemphisX wrote:
E S V L wrote:
MemphisX wrote:

Too old.

Got it. What about his game? Can he be the next Cam Johnson?
FK NFL

Return to Memphis Grizzlies