ImageImageImage

Playoffs 20/21 - G2 - Mavs @ Clippers Tuesday, 10:30PM EST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,549

Re: Playoffs 20/21 - G2 - Mavs @ Clippers Tuesday, 10:30PM EST) 

Post#121 » by Bob8 » Wed May 26, 2021 5:34 pm

XTraderXL wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
fuller4379 wrote:KP played good today. 20 points, 3 steals, and two block. Only 4 rebounds but there wasn’t many rebounds to get when one team is shooting 58.5% and the other 53.6%.

I don't want to be negative in night like that, KP looked solid in O, but we cannot ignore when Mavs D has started playing better. When KP has got 4th personal.

A couple of days ago you said that you dont care about Lukas 0/6 shooting in the last quarter because the Mavs won the game. But today you are getting on KP. I know Luka is untouchable for you but at least be consistent :crazy:

I at least am talking about playoffs. You on the hand are talking almost exclusively about me.

Luka was pivotal for Mavs winning first and second game, as was THJ and some others in first or second game. KP as far the most expensive player wasn't. I don't care if those who played great have 1 or 2 not optimal Qs.
XTraderXL
Sixth Man
And1: 1,342

Post#122 » by XTraderXL » Wed May 26, 2021 6:22 pm

Bob8 wrote:
XTraderXL wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
I don't want to be negative in night like that, KP looked solid in O, but we cannot ignore when Mavs D has started playing better. When KP has got 4th personal.

A couple of days ago you said that you dont care about Lukas 0/6 shooting in the last quarter because the Mavs won the game. But today you are getting on KP. I know Luka is untouchable for you but at least be consistent :crazy:

I at least am talking about playoffs. You on the hand are talking almost exclusively about me.

Luka was pivotal for Mavs winning first and second game, as was THJ and some others in first or second game. KP as far the most expensive player wasn't. I don't care if those who played great have 1 or 2 not optimal Qs.

Again your alternate reality haha

A couple of days ago I wrote a comment and you had to reply to say you dont care Luka had a bad shooting quarter. We got into an argument after that, I was just minding my own business before. Go back and check if your memory doesnt serve you properly.

And you are changing the argument again. We werent talking about contract vs. value of each player which you are now doing. You are now apologizing your criticism of KP by saying he is overpaid which was never a dispute. Like I said before, you are unable to understand or form a coherent argument and cant hold your own in a debate. Thats why you keep changing your arguments all the time and have different standards for different players. What you are doing is 6th grade level or worse and dont even know you are doing it.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#123 » by Bob8 » Wed May 26, 2021 6:46 pm

XTraderXL wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
XTraderXL wrote:

A couple of days ago I wrote a comment and you had to reply to say you dont care Luka had a bad shooting quarter. We got into an argument after that, I was just minding my own business before. Go back and check if your memory doesnt serve you properly.

And you are changing the argument again. We werent talking about contract vs. value of each player which you are now doing. You are now apologizing your criticism of KP by saying he is overpaid which was never a dispute. Like I said before, you are unable to understand or form a coherent argument and cant hold your own in a debate. Thats why you keep changing your arguments all the time and have different standards for different players. What you are doing is 6th grade level or worse and dont even know you are doing it.

Thanks for another personal comment. It's a great pleasure to have nice conversation with clearly superior debater.

I'm not apologizing anything. It's a fact that KP is the most expensive Mavs player and it's a fact that Mavs are playing better D without him.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#124 » by 41Dirk41 » Wed May 26, 2021 6:47 pm

I think KP needs to play, if he can stays healthy he will be better and better.

I want wait until the end of this PO before judge him...

Anyway he is a Mavs right now and we have to support him.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,000

Post#125 » by Mr B » Wed May 26, 2021 7:04 pm

arkuo wrote:This series is giving Cuban a road map for free agency. The NBA will keep double teaming Luka for his career. You need to surround him with shooters as he can pass off double teams. THJ and DFS has been on the recieving end of these when the Clippers would double team Luka. Guys like Buddy Hield, Eric Gordon, Duncan Robinson, may be available in the summer.

Re-sign THJ and then make a run at Duncan Robinson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NY 567
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,437

Post#126 » by NY 567 » Wed May 26, 2021 7:20 pm

You guys can beat anyone with THJ playing like this. All Luka needed was a second option, and THJ is filling that role right now. Allows KP to be the 3rd banana, which he's honestly more suited for at this point, injures have robbed him of the athleticism that would have made him a strong number 2.
XTraderXL
Sixth Man

Post#127 » by XTraderXL » Wed May 26, 2021 7:39 pm

Bob8 wrote:
XTraderXL wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

Thanks for another personal comment. It's a great pleasure to have nice conversation with clearly superior debater.

I'm not apologizing anything. It's a fact that KP is the most expensive Mavs player and it's a fact that Mavs are playing better D without him.

As is the fact that Luka went 0/6 in the 4th quarter. But apparently facts are not to be pointed out if they are not favourable to Luka. KP on the other hand is fair game.

And poining out your inability to hold a debate is nothing personal, its just another fact. And with that I am done with you.
Oscar9992
Analyst
And1: 2,927

Post#128 » by Oscar9992 » Wed May 26, 2021 7:52 pm

XTraderXL wrote:As is the fact that Luka went 0/6 in the 4th quarter. But apparently facts are not to be pointed out if they are not favourable to Luka. KP on the other hand is fair game.

And poining out your inability to hold a debate is nothing personal, its just another fact. And with that I am done with you.

You are delusional. Team played better with Cauley-Stein on the floor than with KP. They made a run when KP sit out & WCS was on the floor.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#129 » by Bob8 » Wed May 26, 2021 8:03 pm

XTraderXL wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
XTraderXL wrote:

As is the fact that Luka went 0/6 in the 4th quarter. But apparently facts are not to be pointed out if they are not favourable to Luka. KP on the other hand is fair game.

Luka going 0/6 was totally unimportant, because D on him enabled others to score easily. Mavs have pretty good Q even without his scoring. It's very difficult to say that KP playing bad D helps anyone.

Loss is all mine, you can imagine how much will I miss debate with you. ;)
leolozon
General Manager
And1: 7,753

Post#130 » by leolozon » Wed May 26, 2021 8:04 pm

I love THJ and want him back, but his big problem is inconsistency. Before I consider him a real second option, he has to keep playing great for a longer time. Until then, he's more of a 3rd option to me.

The Mavs aren't missing much to be a contender IF everyone is playing great. But we've all been subjected to those atrocious nights where the role players don't show up. Let's wait and see how the rest of the series go.
XTraderXL
Sixth Man

Post#131 » by XTraderXL » Wed May 26, 2021 8:07 pm

Oscar9992 wrote:
XTraderXL wrote:As is the fact that Luka went 0/6 in the 4th quarter. But apparently facts are not to be pointed out if they are not favourable to Luka. KP on the other hand is fair game.

You are delusional. Team played better with Cauley-Stein on the floor than with KP. They made a run when KP sit out & WCS was on the floor.

Do you even know what it was about?

Please tell me where I claimed that KP played good. Besides, that wasnt even the topic of our argument. I am waiting...
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,000

Post#132 » by Mr B » Wed May 26, 2021 8:14 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
XTraderXL
Sixth Man

Post#133 » by XTraderXL » Wed May 26, 2021 8:21 pm

Bob8 wrote:
XTraderXL wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

Luka going 0/6 was totally unimportant, because D on him enabled others to score easily. Mavs have pretty good Q even without his scoring. It's very difficult to say that KP playing bad D helps anyone.

I am sure you will, you live on this forum as apparently your whole world revolves around Luka :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Btw, my theory was 100% correct haha
Bob8
General Manager

Post#134 » by Bob8 » Wed May 26, 2021 8:34 pm

XTraderXL wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
XTraderXL wrote:

I am sure you will, you live on this forum as apparently your whole world revolves around Luka :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Btw, my theory was 100% correct haha

Sure it was. You're the smartest guy here.
jordanarbeloa
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#135 » by jordanarbeloa » Wed May 26, 2021 8:42 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:Oh my god, THJ is on fire :crazy:

Great game jackpot slots by Maxi, no worried about last game poster.

I love bad ass Luka, posterize Marcus "screaming" Morris is ever good.

We need to make our **** FT!!!!!

I totally agree with you! Many thanks to Maxi for that. Big hello to Luka, as a fan of another team, I have to admit that he was wonderful.
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man
And1: 540

Post#136 » by DJ_3_Ball » Thu May 27, 2021 4:23 am

leolozon wrote:I love THJ and want him back, but his big problem his inconsistency. Before I consider him a real second option, he has to keep playing great for a longer time. Until then, he's more of a 3rd option to me.

The Mavs aren't missing much to be a contender IF everyone is playing great. But we've all been subjected to those atrocious nights where the role players don't show up. Let's wait and see how the rest of the series go.

That's the thing about championship teams. First of all, they mesh well together. Does Luka, KP, THJ, Brunson & others mesh well together? It's looking like KP does not. The rest seem like they do, but we need to see more I think.

You never worried about Duncan/Parker/Ginobili + their supporting cast. Pop made it work & everyone bought in.

I never thought of Tayshaun Prince as "inconsistent". He fit into what the Pistons were doing. Billups, Rip Hamilton, Sheed, Big Ben, etc. They all gel'd together.

This Mavs team isn't quite there, yet. They do need more consistency. We have some very nice pieces in place tho.
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#137 » by arkuo » Thu May 27, 2021 10:50 am

DJ_3_Ball wrote:
leolozon wrote:I love THJ and want him back, but his big problem his inconsistency. Before I consider him a real second option, he has to keep playing great for a longer time. Until then, he's more of a 3rd option to me.

That's the thing about championship teams. First of all, they mesh well together. Does Luka, KP, THJ, Brunson & others mesh well together? It's looking like KP does not. The rest seem like they do, but we need to see more I think.

You never worried about Duncan/Parker/Ginobili + their supporting cast. Pop made it work & everyone bought in.

I never thought of Tayshaun Prince as "inconsistent". He fit into what the Pistons were doing. Billups, Rip Hamilton, Sheed, Big Ben, etc. They all gel'd together.

This Mavs team isn't quite there, yet. They do need more consistency. We have some very nice pieces in place tho.

It comes with leadership. A vocal leader would pull those teams together and keep them grounded. Guys like Bruce Bowen set the tone for those teams and made sure thr kids didn't "party too much".

The thing with the Mavs is management cleared the whole starting 5 for Luka before. That's pretty unheard of in the league before. Even Jordan had to play with Oakley before he was able to get his own guys around him. A 21 year old running the show got some raised eyebrows when everyone got traded. They deserved to be sent out though. So now is the time to gel. Make them hang off the court and see what happens. In an interview after game 2, I remember KP was saying he saw the team celebrating too much, and that he wished they'd tone down the partying a bit because they had business to deal with. This reminded me of how Dirk and Jet didnt even celebrate a WCF championship because they had the finals in mind. Luka needs to grab everyone by their collars and get them focused. They can party when they're on to the 2nd round, not up 2-0. My two cents.

Return to Dallas Mavericks