ImageImageImage

OT: Meme stocks

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Re: OT: Meme stocks 

Post#21 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Wed May 26, 2021 10:42 pm

chrisab123 wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
Yeah man. Tell me about it. I transferred some USDC from my nbatopshot account over to my Trust wallet so I could trade it for AMP. I’m still very new to this whole crypto scene, so imagine my surprise when I got a screen telling me I had to pay $200 worth of Ethereum to cover gas fees. It basically cost double the amount of what I was trying to trade. Lol. It’s so difficult trying to trade/buy. The coins that can be traded easily with no fees would be a godsend.

How you doing with top shot?

I've heard a lot of people are getting boned in trying to collect their "money" on top shot. Then again we can say the same crap about crypto exchanges too.

You’re basically screwed if you don’t live in the US. They don’t offer cash withdrawals to people in Canada such as myself. Not really a big deal though, since I was more than happy to take payment in USDC. I took a bit and sent it to Binance and daytraded for other currency. Then my wife got into crypto so I sent her my whole stash. The only profits I have left are in my Trust wallet, which again, I can’t do anything with due to the ridiculous gas fees. Lol.

As for crypto - I have a little in ADA, BTC, and OMI. Have heard many great things about Poly. I’m also hearing AMP might be great too.
threrf23
RealGM
And1: 4,393

Post#22 » by threrf23 » Wed May 26, 2021 11:17 pm

Yeah man. Tell me about it. I transferred some USDC from my nbatopshot account over to my Trust wallet so I could trade it for AMP. I’m still very new to this whole crypto scene, so imagine my surprise when I got a screen telling me I had to pay $200 worth of Ethereum to cover gas fees. It basically cost double the amount of what I was trying to trade. Lol. It’s so difficult trying to trade/buy. The coins that can be traded easily with no fees would be a godsend.

Gas fees are relatively cheap rn (like literally right now, not necessarily tomorrow). Uniswap should be moving onto Optimism any day now hopefully, in which event swaps will become way cheaper.

It's a subject for its own thread, but league regulations permitting, the Celtics should completely issue their own ERC20 coin. Initial distribution can be via airdrop - airdrop tokens to season ticket holders, ex players, charities, etc. C's make money off of it over the long run, airdrop recipients make money off of it, fans can trade the coin like it's a stock, and there are other cool possibilities.
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#23 » by Feed Your Head » Wed May 26, 2021 11:17 pm

I need y’all to teach me your ways.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM

Post#24 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Thu May 27, 2021 3:22 am

threrf23 wrote:

Gas fees are relatively cheap rn (like literally right now, not necessarily tomorrow). Uniswap should be moving onto Optimism any day now hopefully, in which event swaps will become way cheaper.

It's a subject for its own thread, but league regulations permitting, the Celtics should completely issue their own ERC20 coin. Initial distribution can be via airdrop - airdrop tokens to season ticket holders, ex players, charities, etc. C's make money off of it over the long run, airdrop recipients make money off of it, fans can trade the coin like it's a stock, and there are other cool possibilities.

Finally. I got my tokens over to Binance without having to pay an arm and a leg. Thanks for the heads up!
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,134

Post#25 » by Froob » Thu May 27, 2021 4:27 pm

I'm working on converting my account into an NFT. Stay tuned for updates.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
And1: 8,502

Post#26 » by canman1971 » Thu May 27, 2021 7:41 pm

I got into day trading when the penny stock craze was happening in 1999-2000. Made some decent money on companies I had no clue what they did. And I was able to buy my first house. This however, I have no clue what any of this is. But I am curious.
itrsteve
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,219

Post#27 » by itrsteve » Thu May 27, 2021 9:04 pm

jmr07019 wrote:I'm not in the meme stocks but Ethereum, Cardano, Polygon and AAVE have been doing well for me in the crypto space.

Same, very high on ETH and Polygon. These aren't sh*t cryptos where you hope for the best on some reddit pump and dump stuff, but solutions which have real applicability in the business world particularly with the shift to proof of stake on ETH this summer. Notably, staking will be done via pooling your ETH - coinbase is already calling for 6-7.5% APY, try to see a savings account/CD do that. So people will have to buy ETH to get in the pooled returns - no longer graphics cards and environmentally unfriendly mining farms getting the prize.

The developer community around ETH is strong as all hell, coupled with nearly every corporation under environmental sustainability pressures, PoW crypto like BTC will fail to become payment standards or the underpinning for internal/private/permissioned blockchains. Polygon will be there to drive efficiencies of speed and transaction costs for those cases.

I do believe that over the long haul, BTC will be synonymous to gold. Something you hold as an alternate to fiat currencies and a hedge against inflation but it's not going to be anything that you "get rich" off from any more, but I still support it for sure.

Also: on an NBA note, Marc Cuban is high on polygon - https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/372952
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#28 » by MagicBagley18 » Thu May 27, 2021 10:14 pm

itrsteve wrote:
jmr07019 wrote:I'm not in the meme stocks but Ethereum, Cardano, Polygon and AAVE have been doing well for me in the crypto space.

Same, very high on ETH and Polygon. These aren't sh*t cryptos where you hope for the best on some reddit pump and dump stuff, but solutions which have real applicability in the business world particularly with the shift to proof of stake on ETH this summer. Notably, staking will be done via pooling your ETH - coinbase is already calling for 6-7.5% APY, try to see a savings account/CD do that. So people will have to buy ETH to get in the pooled returns - no longer graphics cards and environmentally unfriendly mining farms getting the prize.

The developer community around ETH is strong as all hell, coupled with nearly every corporation under environmental sustainability pressures, PoW crypto like BTC will fail to become payment standards or the underpinning for internal/private/permissioned blockchains. Polygon will be there to drive efficiencies of speed and transaction costs for those cases.

I do believe that over the long haul, BTC will be synonymous to gold. Something you hold as an alternate to fiat currencies and a hedge against inflation but it's not going to be anything that you "get rich" off from any more, but I still support it for sure.

Also: on an NBA note, Marc Cuban is high on polygon - https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/372952

Eth 2.0 and it’s benefits to the environment are going to be really positive as well. I think eth is super promising. Get in while u can imo
threrf23
RealGM
And1: 4,393

Post#29 » by threrf23 » Sun May 30, 2021 9:19 pm

PP shilling ****coins.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#30 » by Bleeding Green » Sun May 30, 2021 9:21 pm

Paul Pierce walking around with 2.5 million on his metamask wallet on his phone, easy prey.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
jmr07019
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#31 » by jmr07019 » Wed Jun 2, 2021 10:12 am

1. What the hell is eth max .... never heard of it.... sounds like a poop coin

2. I ended up opening up a position in AMC last week. Small position. 28 shares at $26/share but damn it’s looking good right now. I don’t see some of these price targets being thrown around being at all realistic. People are talking about 10k-100k a share lol. But if GME can touch 500/share and hold steady at 150/share for months on end AMC could do similar. The reasonable upside +75/share is almost 4 times the downside -20/share. I just wish I bought more lol
Show Love Spread Love
GregB
RealGM
And1: 2,975

Post#32 » by GregB » Wed Jun 2, 2021 10:18 am

Sorry I’m here for profit. I will pump dump and repeat. I have bought and sold doge 6 times since April.

Got into Bitcoin and Etherium after the crash will try to keep that for long term Capital gains. But I don’t fully trust doge and will keep dumping. Bought back in at 28 cents last time.
jmr07019
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#33 » by jmr07019 » Wed Jun 2, 2021 10:29 am

itrsteve wrote:

Ya I agree with everything you wrote. I don’t think BTC is going anywhere but don’t see it being the leader in the space forever.

The part I’m unclear on ... maybe you know more than me ... is when ETH 2.0 comes out will that negate the need for Polygon?

It’s also going to be interesting to watch ETH and Cardano battle it out over the next couple of years. Ultimately I think there is room for both of them but one will emerge as the winner.
Show Love Spread Love
itrsteve
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,219

Post#34 » by itrsteve » Wed Jun 2, 2021 11:04 am

jmr07019 wrote:
itrsteve wrote:

Ya I agree with everything you wrote. I don’t think BTC is going anywhere but don’t see it being the leader in the space forever.

The part I’m unclear on ... maybe you know more than me ... is when ETH 2.0 comes out will that negate the need for Polygon?

It’s also going to be interesting to watch ETH and Cardano battle it out over the next couple of years. Ultimately I think there is room for both of them but one will emerge as the winner.

Polygon is complimentary to ETH as a layer 2 sidechain to streamline transactions from the main chain

The only thing getting in the way of ETH right now is the transaction fees (aka “gas”), once this becomes a thing of the past and rivals other fees (ala credit card processing), then it’s wide open to be a practical network.

The interesting part to me is that sellable supply will be greatly decreased with the PoS shift - no longer will you have miners dumping to pay their data center operating costs, you’re going to have people and institutions buying and holding for staking margins.
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,973

Post#35 » by jfs1000d » Wed Jun 2, 2021 12:59 pm

Got some amc. I actually like movies. lol. Also, into crypto. In ether. Every paycheck splitting investment between eth and etc

I think ethereum has real legs .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM

Post#36 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Wed Jun 2, 2021 1:07 pm

jmr07019 wrote:1. What the hell is eth max .... never heard of it.... sounds like a poop coin

2. I ended up opening up a position in AMC last week. Small position. 28 shares at $26/share but damn it’s looking good right now. I don’t see some of these price targets being thrown around being at all realistic. People are talking about 10k-100k a share lol. But if GME can touch 500/share and hold steady at 150/share for months on end AMC could do similar. The reasonable upside +75/share is almost 4 times the downside -20/share. I just wish I bought more lol

I’m not an expert by any means, but from what I’ve read, Porsche caused a short squeeze of Volkswagen and got the price to jump to $1000. Based on numbers being thrown around, GME and AMC have been shorted way more than Volkswagen was. $1000 should be the floor, depending on how many synthetic shares are floating around. There’s a really good chance they may have to buy the float back 1.5 times, which is insane. If that is the case, and every retail investor holds and sells on the way down during the squeeze, $5K isn’t impossible.
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,973

Post#37 » by jfs1000d » Wed Jun 2, 2021 1:50 pm

GregB wrote:Sorry I’m here for profit. I will pump dump and repeat. I have bought and sold doge 6 times since April.

Got into Bitcoin and Etherium after the crash will try to keep that for long term Capital gains. But I don’t fully trust doge and will keep dumping. Bought back in at 28 cents last time.

Doge is dumb at this price. No upside. The coin is impossible to get $1. So, your runway is so small. You have to manage price and buy low, sell when it jumps 15%.

Kinda dumb.

I like things that can increase in multiples. Eth! I wish I could put more into it. I also jumped on amc at $10. Wish I bought more.

GregB
RealGM
And1: 2,975

Post#38 » by GregB » Wed Jun 2, 2021 2:02 pm

jfs1000d wrote:
GregB wrote:Sorry I’m here for profit. I will pump dump and repeat. I have bought and sold doge 6 times since April.

Doge is dumb at this price. No upside. The coin is impossible to get $1. So, your runway is so small. You have to manage price and buy low, sell when it jumps 15%.

Kinda dumb.

I like things that can increase in multiples. Eth! I wish I could put more into it. I also jumped on amc at $10. Wish I bought more.

I guess. The

first time I sold was at %1200 percent profit and I have made 50%-100% profit on every doge trade I have made since.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM

Post#39 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Wed Jun 2, 2021 4:23 pm

AMC BABY!! LFG!!!!
chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,280

Post#40 » by chrisab123 » Wed Jun 2, 2021 4:55 pm

Ape fam made me 5100.00