ImageImageImage

Playoffs: First Round Game 2 : (8) Washington Wizards @ (1) Philadelphia 76ers l Wednesday 5/26 l 7:00pm l NBCSP/NBATV

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,828

Re: Playoffs: First Round Game 2 : (8) Washington Wizards @ (1) Philadelphia 76ers l Wednesday 5/26 l 7:00pm l NBCSP/NBA 

Post#261 » by Negrodamus » Thu May 27, 2021 5:11 am

youngcrev wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
Stanford wrote:Westbrook should be legally allowed to beat the **** out of the popcorn douche

This. 100%. If our fans are allowed to be **** heads, then the player should be allowed to legally assault them.

Feels a bit extreme for getting pop corn thrown at you, but ok.

Sorry, but you shouldn’t be allowed to be a complete coward and totally disrespect another human being from a distance knowing that his training staff and the arena security will protect you from face to face repercussions.

He should be banned. But he should also have to answer to the person he denigrated since he obviously thinks of him as less than human. Id be completely okay with Russell teaching him a lesson.
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,909

Re: Playoffs: First Round Game 2 : (8) Washington Wizards @ (1) Philadelphia 76ers l Wednesday 5/26 l 7:00pm l NBCSP/NBA 

Post#262 » by Wilfried » Thu May 27, 2021 7:51 am

Kobblehead wrote:I know Bradley Beal is a dream trade target for many a Sixers fan, so my stats are a crushing blow. But I do advise to go back to the drawing board and look for better targets because he's not the answer IMO. Not even close to being one.

If we can get him without giving up our big 3 and Thybulle + Maxey, I would think he could be the piece that puts us over the hill.

Simmons
Beal
Thybulle
Harris
Embiid

+ Maxey as sixth man

That's a championship calibre team

I would prefer McColumn (for the same price) if available, but I would really think Beal would fit very well in our team. Although I feel he's overrated as a shooter (that's why I prefer McColumn), not as a scorer.
Kolkmania
Analyst
And1: 1,664

Post#263 » by Kolkmania » Thu May 27, 2021 8:42 am

Wilfried wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:I know Bradley Beal is a dream trade target for many a Sixers fan, so my stats are a crushing blow. But I do advise to go back to the drawing board and look for better targets because he's not the answer IMO. Not even close to being one.

If we can get him without giving up our big 3 and Thybulle + Maxey, I would think he could be the piece that puts us over the hill.

Simmons
Beal
Thybulle
Harris
Embiid

+ Maxey as sixth man

I would prefer McColumn (for the same price) if available, but I would really think Beal would fit very well in our team. Although I feel he's overrated as a shooter (that's why I prefer McColumn), not as a scorer.

Getting an All-Star/fringe All-NBA wing without giving up anything and disregarding salary cap implications is certainly interesting for us.
Kolkmania
Analyst
And1: 1,664

Post#264 » by Kolkmania » Thu May 27, 2021 8:52 am

Kobblehead wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:MaYbE because he's good at shooting jump shots and doesn't need to dribble to score. Have you ever thought about that?

As if you can uncover an angle I've never approached.

Devin Booker: 36.9 assisted for his career
Zach Lavine: 37.8% assisted for his career

Maybe he's just not a good enough creator.....like I said.

Way to twist the numbers by comparing career numbers. Beal has transitioned into a completely different type of player during his career. The differences between Beal and Booker (no. 1 offensive option of team with 2nd best record) is statistically irrelevant over the past two years.
Wilfried
Assistant Coach

Post#265 » by Wilfried » Thu May 27, 2021 9:17 am

Kolkmania wrote:
Wilfried wrote:

Simmons
Beal
Thybulle
Harris
Embiid

+ Maxey as sixth man

Getting an All-Star/fringe All-NBA wing without giving up anything and disregarding salary cap implications is certainly interesting for us.

If we resign Danny Green, we have enough contracts and assets to put together an interesting trade package (Green (10 million?), Curry (8 million), Hill (10 million, only 3 guaranteed I thought), Milton, picks). All depends on what a player wants (look at Harden and what Houston took back for him) and what the market is at that moment.

Don't think McColumn is going to fetch you an All-star in return because he isn't one himself and he's older and has a big contract.
ConstableChaos
Junior
And1: 206

Post#266 » by ConstableChaos » Thu May 27, 2021 10:05 am

Sixers should definitely go the Nets/Clippers route and sell 5 years of picks for a stud - If Embiid goes down horribly (heaven forbid) you still have Simmons, the trade traget and Bball Paul
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,473

Post#267 » by youngcrev » Thu May 27, 2021 10:08 am

Negrodamus wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
This. 100%. If our fans are allowed to be **** heads, then the player should be allowed to legally assault them.

Feels a bit extreme for getting pop corn thrown at you, but ok.

Sorry, but you shouldn’t be allowed to be a complete coward and totally disrespect another human being from a distance knowing that his training staff and the arena security will protect you from face to face repercussions.

He should be banned. But he should also have to answer to the person he denigrated since he obviously thinks of him as less than human. Id be completely okay with Russell teaching him a lesson.

Some idiot got caught up in a moment and did something that got himself kicked out and likely banned from attending NBA games. He also has the entire basketball world calling him an idiot. Feels like the proper punishment to me. It's popcorn. If he chucked a beer bottle at him, sure, beat the **** out of him. If he poured a drink on him, that gets an open hand slap :)
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#268 » by DCasey91 » Thu May 27, 2021 10:17 am

Harris + Milton and 2 1st rounders might do it for Beal + Gill. No guarantee Beal will stay either with his player option 100% declining/Non FA destination.

Beal’s contract in actuality is very close to Butler’s one year worth because it isn’t that long. We aren’t a club to resign players. Actually for him it’s in his best interest to stay with the Wizards and get $$$$.
Or move for one year then enter free agency and get a bag. Players are looking after themselves, some bet wrong because they think they are better then what they are but hey Bertans got paid 80mill. The gamble is risky but there’s wild sums getting thrown around for players who aren’t top 20.

CJ’s contract is longer and might require a similar trade package. But he’s been paid so if the Blazers want to move it and reset we can offer them something in return and move bigger contracts type of deal.

The part that sucks even with one less year, Harris’s contract is a gross overpay. But even that has its value on a reset team because the cap will get used.

All in all we are in a fine position, Morey knows what he’s doing.
Wilfried
Assistant Coach

Post#269 » by Wilfried » Thu May 27, 2021 10:42 am

DCasey91 wrote:Harris + Milton and 2 1st rounders might do it for Beal + Gill. No guarantee Beal will stay either with his player option 100% declining/Non FA destination.

CJ’s contract is longer and might require a similar trade package. But he’s been paid so if the Blazers want to move it and reset we can offer them something in return and move bigger contracts type of deal.

The part that sucks even with one less year, Harris’s contract is a gross overpay. But even that has its value on a reset team because the cap will get used.

All in all we are in a fine position, Morey knows what he’s doing.

Will a trade (essentially) Harris for Beal/McColumn make us that much better? A real competitor?
Don't think so, that's why I wouldn't do it.

Sure, Harris is overpaid enormously, but if Westbrook can be traded (multiple times), Harris can for sure. Especially because he's a plug and play type of player, is well-respected around the league and a very durable player.
A lot of teams that, hovering around play-off contention, would love to add him (Sacramento, Boston, Wizards, ...).

But you're right 100%, Morey knows what he's doing. No stress
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,550

Post#270 » by 76ciology » Thu May 27, 2021 11:28 am

First off, been saying since after g1 that Scott Brooks is making a big mistake by putting Beal on Ben. It’s Hachimura who should be on Ben. Beal isnt even defending because aside from a size disadvantage, he has to conserve energy and fouls carry their offense.

Wiz lose this simply because they don’t have any options on offense than Beal. It wasn’t until the 2nd half when the Wiz had to rely on Beal on offense in G1. This game, they had to rely on Beal from the first half.

While Sixers win this because they don’t even need to rely on Embiid on offense. Ben was carrying the offense in the first quarter. Even Biid seems bored (in a good way) that he had to space the floor for Ben to operate.

If Scott Brooks’ game plan is to beat the Sixers by letting other players outside Embiid on beating them, then put Hachimura on Ben. That’s hitting two birds with one stone, while Hachimura is also the biggest player outside their center who can provide help defense in the paint.

Wiz is basically what the Nets is if you replace Westbrook with Harden and Hachimura with KD. Big difference. So imagine having two more players as potent or more potent than Beal. But in the end, I still think we can beat the Nets that is if Ben and Tobi can also score against a defense as weak as this.

Nevertheless, great game by our team. From Doc to everyone and it’s nice to see how GHill has some gas left in his tank.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
blargh
Pro Prospect
And1: 581

Post#271 » by blargh » Thu May 27, 2021 11:29 am

It’ll be interesting to see if Doc sits Tobias and/or Curry for Game 3
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,550

Post#272 » by 76ciology » Thu May 27, 2021 11:40 am

If Im the Wiz i’ll trade Westbrook for 1-2 scorer/playmaker like TJ Warren and/or Brogdon for RW and maybe Hachimura. Westbrook is just a toxic player out there, there’s no way you can win with his level of inconsistency.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Post#273 » by Arsenal » Thu May 27, 2021 11:46 am

We're waxing that weak Bullets team exactly as we should. It's OUR TIME now.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#274 » by Sixerscan » Thu May 27, 2021 1:03 pm

76ciology wrote:First off, been saying since after g1 that Scott Brooks is making a big mistake by putting Beal on Ben. It’s Hachimura who should be on Ben. Beal isnt even defending because aside from a size disadvantage, he has to conserve energy and fouls carry their offense.

Wiz lose this simply because they don’t have any options on offense than Beal. It wasn’t until the 2nd half when the Wiz had to rely on Beal on offense in G1. This game, they had to rely on Beal from the first half.

While Sixers win this because they don’t even need to rely on Embiid on offense. Ben was carrying the offense in the first quarter. Even Biid seems bored (in a good way) that he had to space the floor for Ben to operate.

If Scott Brooks’ game plan is to beat the Sixers by letting other players outside Embiid on beating them, then put Hachimura on Ben. That’s hitting two birds with one stone, while Hachimura is also the biggest player outside their center who can provide help defense in the paint.

Wiz is basically what the Nets is if you replace Westbrook with Harden and Hachimura with KD. Big difference. So imagine having two more players as potent or more potent than Beal. But in the end, I still think we can beat the Nets that is if Ben and Tobi can also score against a defense as weak as this.

Nevertheless, great game by our team. From Doc to everyone and it’s nice to see how GHill has some gas left in his tank.

But then Harris has a massive size advantage on whoever...

I’m not sure if there really is a right answer. There’s a reason 8 seeds rarely beat 1 seeds.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,728

Post#275 » by the_process » Thu May 27, 2021 1:10 pm

Kobblehead wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:
Read on Twitter
?

Tough one for many of you (don't know ball)

I love it because it's so transparently a concept fed to him by inner-circle yes men in order to curry favor with him. I can just picture them sitting on the couch gassing him up after he went through his social media and got mad.

That is exactly the reaction Ben had before when the criticism about his (lack of) shooting got loud.

His personality is a huge negative. It's been keeping him from improving. But he worked through it for Game 2 of this series at least. It will all come out in the wash in the conference finals.
Ferry Avenue
Starter
And1: 833

Post#276 » by Ferry Avenue » Thu May 27, 2021 1:32 pm

This game showed exactly how powerful the Sixers can be when they get the kind of scoring contribution from Simmons that makes the team be able to compete with the best teams in the league. The reason many people are exasperated with Simmons is because they know on some level the team needs him to function the way he did last night for them to be competitive for a championship. It's much better for him to score like he did last night, with efficient shooting, than to pull down 15 rebounds and have 15 assists, with much less scoring, like he did in game 1. Note the difference in the scoreboard between the two games. He's got to bring it like this throughout the playoffs for this team to have a shot.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,839

Post#277 » by Mik317 » Thu May 27, 2021 1:34 pm

the "problem" with Ben is that it would honestly be easier if he was just pure trash lol.

The fact that he can "coast" off his pure talent is the frustrating part because despite everything logical the fear of trading him and him getting over whatever the **** causes him to hold him self back on another team keeps me up at night lol.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,866

Post#278 » by Stanford » Thu May 27, 2021 1:38 pm

With all respect due, to Ben: You've never watched the game at a high level and don't know what it takes. I'd love to see you try to find 72 illegal streams playing the Sixers broadcast that aren't 5 points behind the actual score.

Perform at that level over an entire season and then we can talk.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,753

Post#279 » by phillynative » Thu May 27, 2021 1:40 pm

The wizards plan to let Ben and Tobi beat them while doubling Embiid is not working. Not only are the wiz too small, they dont have a legit wing defender to put on Tobi and Ben. While Embiid is still contributing offensively and letting the game come to him.

I see the wizards have two starters out but those guy werent going to slow anyone down either just provide a little more offense. Has isaac bonga fall off ao hard that they wont give him a try?
Da Doctor
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,474

Post#280 » by Da Doctor » Thu May 27, 2021 1:41 pm

Hooolllllyyy **** ESPN is trash.
Philadelphia 76ers: 1955, 1967, 1983
Philadelphia Eagles: 1948, 1949, 1960, 2017
Philadelphia Phillies: 1980, 2008
Philadelphia Flyers: 1974, 1975
Philadelphia Union: SOON

Return to Philadelphia 76ers