ImageImageImage

Playoffs 20/21 - G3 - Mavs vs Clippers (Friday, 9:30 PM EST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,957

Re: Playoffs 20/21 - G3 - Mavs vs Clippers (Friday, 9:30 PM EST) 

Post#121 » by Mr B » Sat May 29, 2021 5:16 am

DJ_3_Ball wrote:
KhalilS wrote:
wolfram wrote:Team apparently shot terrible inside the arc. They shot over 50% on threes and still lost smh.

THJ tried to be a saviour and tried to go in, he's a brilliant shooter, with good hop and quick release, but he sucks at driving to the rim.

Somebody in another thread tried to tell me that THJ is more valuable than Duncan Robinson because Robinson only shoots 3s and THJ can make things happen inside the arc too. I didn't reply because I didn't want to get drawn offsides, but I was thinking "make what happen inside the arc exactly?"

He’s like Michael Finley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
agentofatlas
Sixth Man
And1: 983

Post#122 » by agentofatlas » Sat May 29, 2021 5:18 am

leolozon wrote:
Archx wrote:
leolozon wrote:THJ was 0/8 from 2... Inconsistent you say?

Luka 7/13 from both 3 and FT. Pretty funny.

We all know by now that you can't sleep because of Luka's FTs but at least this time those 6 missed don't even matter. Someone should rather tell Latvian Bargnani that there are playoffs going on.

Why are you acting like it's wrong to point out that he went 7/13 from both 3 and FT? I'm not sure why the jab is necessary. We are supposed to just ignore that he struggles from the FT line and act like it doesn't exist? I just pointed out numbers.

It doesn't matter if the FTs didn't matter in this game, they will eventually matter. I'm not sure why people are acting like some things aren't a pattern.

It's like if someone drives drunk and nothing bad happens, should we say : "It didn't matter this time anyway!" Something is bad when it increases the odds of something negative happening.

I agree. Luka really needs to tighten up that aspect of his game. He's leaving so many points off the board and there will be a game where he will struggle from the field and FTs should be a viable option for him.

The reason the Mavs were good during Dirk's time because he can get to the line constantly and make them in the playoffs.
Bluelabel24
Junior
And1: 51

Post#123 » by Bluelabel24 » Sat May 29, 2021 5:19 am

wolfram wrote:If Luka's shoulder bothers him next game, they could easily lose this series. They have little offensive firepower beyond Luka and THJ. KP is a liability at this point.

this is the downside of his all out play out there... drawing fouls with those pumpfakes takes a huge toll on the body. My hope is that he regenerates quickly.
really pissed off at KP right now. our other star is playing his heart out and other one is so passive out there. really want him traded this offseason now.
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man
And1: 540

Post#124 » by DJ_3_Ball » Sat May 29, 2021 5:21 am

Absinthe wrote:Do not resign THJ and throw money at John Collins. The Mavs have absolutely no post scoring. They either have to outshoot the other team or they lose. No offense at the basket.

We definitely have to do something to upgrade our bigs. KP/Powell/WCS/Boban just isn't getting the job done.

I think WCS has been fine for the money. Boban has to stay. Powell has only played 14 minutes in 3 games this series. That's not worth his contract. Maybe we have to move him.

I'll give KP til next season's trade deadline, and then I'd be willing to move him (even if we have to spend picks to get it done), IF KP can't turn things around. That just has to happen.
Archx
General Manager
And1: 7,770

Post#125 » by Archx » Sat May 29, 2021 5:22 am

leolozon wrote:
Archx wrote:
leolozon wrote:THJ was 0/8 from 2... Inconsistent you say?

Luka 7/13 from both 3 and FT. Pretty funny.

We all know by now that you can't sleep because of Luka's FTs but at least this time those 6 missed don't even matter. Someone should rather tell Latvian Bargnani that there are playoffs going on.

Why are you acting like it's wrong to point out that he went 7/13 from both 3 and FT? I'm not sure why the jab is necessary. We are supposed to just ignore that he struggles from the FT line and act like it doesn't exist? I just pointed out numbers.

It doesn't matter if the FTs didn't matter in this game, they will eventually matter. Some things are a pattern.

It's like if someone drives drunk and nothing bad happens, should we say : "It didn't matter this time anyway!" Something is bad when it increases the odds of something negative happening, not just when something bad actually happens.

Chill we get it you tell us 10 times whenever Mavs have a game. LBJ is pretty bad at the line his entire career and turned out quite ok. With some players you can't have everything perfect.
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man
And1: 540

Post#126 » by DJ_3_Ball » Sat May 29, 2021 5:23 am

agentofatlas wrote:The reason the Mavs were good during Dirk's time because he can get to the line constantly and make them in the playoffs.

Mavs don't win in 2011 without Dirk's free throw shooting, and we won't win another title until Luka improves his free throw shooting.
wolfram
Junior
And1: 314

Post#127 » by wolfram » Sat May 29, 2021 5:24 am

KP is a shell of himself on defense. Last year I thought to myself how valuable is he to the team. This year Im like "meh". It must be also mental. He clearly doesnt like playing in this system, next to Luka.
leolozon
General Manager
And1: 7,724

Post#128 » by leolozon » Sat May 29, 2021 5:25 am

DJ_3_Ball wrote:Brian Demaris just had a really good thought on the Mavs postgame show. Said he was up in the suite with Dirk tonight, and Dirk commented about how KP isn't getting enough separation on his turnaround post up shots. So, Brian asked Dirk why KP doesn't go to Dirk's famous one-legged turnaround shot, and Dirk said "he just hasn't worked on it enough yet".

Yeah, why doesn't KP have Dirk's one-legged fadeaway in his repertoire? Dirk's one of KP's heroes. I would just figure he would have practiced it. Luka has that shot in his bag.

Well, KP is either not as interested in becoming better or he isn't as talented and can't pick up things as easily. It's probably both.

I personally don't think KP is that talented. He's a good shooter, tall and mobile for his size. He clearly is limited offensively (and now defensively). He can get hot, but I've never seen him be constantly great for a long stretch. His TS% in his best year on the knick was .539... That's bad.

This year is actually his best year, but he's still at his best when he stretches the floor and doesn't do too much offensively.
leolozon
General Manager

Post#129 » by leolozon » Sat May 29, 2021 5:34 am

Archx wrote:
leolozon wrote:
Archx wrote:

It doesn't matter if the FTs didn't matter in this game, they will eventually matter. Some things are a pattern.

It's like if someone drives drunk and nothing bad happens, should we say : "It didn't matter this time anyway!" Something is bad when it increases the odds of something negative happening, not just when something bad actually happens.

Chill we get it you tell us 10 times whenever Mavs have a game. LBJ is pretty bad at the line his entire career and turned out quite ok. With some players you can't have everything perfect.

By 10 times whenever the Mavs have a game, you mean I talked about it in not even 10 games in the whole year? Maybe you need to chill and realize you're greatly exaggerating. I'm pretty sure I just mentioned it once in this thread before you made it a thing. I didn't even commented on it, but just put the stat line.

These are game threads and the same things are said again and again as people react live to them. Heck, the same subject keeps coming back years after years even outside of game threads.

I'm also pretty sure people have talked a lot about 'Lebron's FTs for many years and still acknowledge he is a top 2 player of all-time.

If Luka ever goes 7/13 in another playoffs game, be sure that there's a good chance that me or someone else points it out in a game thread. It sticks out. Accept it.
agentofatlas
Sixth Man

Post#130 » by agentofatlas » Sat May 29, 2021 5:35 am

leolozon wrote:
DJ_3_Ball wrote:Brian Demaris just had a really good thought on the Mavs postgame show. Said he was up in the suite with Dirk tonight, and Dirk commented about how KP isn't getting enough separation on his turnaround post up shots. So, Brian asked Dirk why KP doesn't go to Dirk's famous one-legged turnaround shot, and Dirk said "he just hasn't worked on it enough yet".

Yeah, why doesn't KP have Dirk's one-legged fadeaway in his repertoire? Dirk's one of KP's heroes. I would just figure he would have practiced it. Luka has that shot in his bag.

Well, KP is either not as interested in becoming better or he isn't as talented and can't pick up things as easily. It's probably both.

I personally don't think KP is that talented. He's a good shooter, tall and mobile for his size. He clearly is limited offensively (and now defensively). He can get hot, but I've never seen him be constantly great for a long stretch. His TS% in his best year on the knick was .539... That's bad.

This year is actually his best year, but he's still at his best when he stretches the floor and doesn't do too much offensively.

About KP, while he had his best statistical year on offense, I felt like he had less "explosive" scoring games this season than last year. For me that is a concern cause we're pretty much banking on him to at least explode for one game in this series offensively where he goes for 30 plus.

Also defensively, I think KP of last year is just gone man.
leolozon
General Manager

Post#131 » by leolozon » Sat May 29, 2021 5:38 am

agentofatlas wrote:
leolozon wrote:

About KP, while he had his best statistical year on offense, I felt like he had less "explosive" scoring games this season than last year. For me that is a concern cause we're pretty much banking on him to at least explode for one game in this series offensively where he goes for 30 plus.

Also defensively, I think KP of last year is just gone man.

Anyway, there's no way that KP should be in the long term plans. He's probably still on the team next year and maybe the one after that, because we won't be able to trade him for good pieces, but if things stay like that, they'll get rid of him as an expiring.
BlueSan
Sixth Man
And1: 828

Post#132 » by BlueSan » Sat May 29, 2021 5:58 am

Oh boy, I guess reality and momentum of the Clips starts now
boogiezen
Senior
And1: 397

Post#133 » by boogiezen » Sat May 29, 2021 6:21 am

Like what I said in Game 1.

1. Shoot well - Nope. Only Luka and Brunson showed up.

2. Defense/Rebounding - Nope. No need to explain. It was obvious.

3. Less TO - Average.

You can't win when only 2 guys showed up. The Clips were having an easy time going inside because literally there was no one can block their shots.
Maybe it's better not to be the best. Then you can lose and it's OK. - Searching for Bobby Fischer (1993)
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,957

Post#134 » by Mr B » Sat May 29, 2021 6:26 am

Mavs fans not too happy after the game.

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Speadge
Junior
And1: 294

Post#135 » by Speadge » Sat May 29, 2021 6:30 am

Any idea why they don't play D.Powell?
It's not like I expect some miracle here, but still ... He form core of this group, fight with a heart and it seemed to me that he came into old shape at the end of the regular season. Was there any info given by Carlisle at some press conference or something?
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#136 » by arkuo » Sat May 29, 2021 6:39 am

KP for Bam! Make it happen!
Bluelabel24
Junior

Post#137 » by Bluelabel24 » Sat May 29, 2021 6:44 am

Speadge wrote:Any idea why they don't play D.Powell?
It's not like I expect some miracle here, but still ... He form core of this group, fight with a heart and it seemed to me that he came into old shape at the end of the regular season. Was there any info given by Carlisle at some press conference or something?

i dont really want powell normally but with KP like this?? i wanted him out there more.
did you guys see that play where he was guarded by Jackson? that play made me mad af, what kind of mismatch do KP want where he would actually take advantage of his size?? does it frkin have to be 5'9 isaiah thomas before he takes them to the post? everytime luka had the mismatch he would take advantage of it, schooling beverly everytime. meanwhile our max player is so scared theres no mismatch with him.
agentofatlas
Sixth Man

Post#138 » by agentofatlas » Sat May 29, 2021 7:00 am

Speadge wrote:Any idea why they don't play D.Powell?

Yeah we kinda miss that ally oop threat. I was hoping KP would do that more this playoffs but hasn't been the case.
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#139 » by arkuo » Sat May 29, 2021 7:05 am

Top management has to demand max player production from a player who is paid the max.
Bluelabel24
Junior

Post#140 » by Bluelabel24 » Sat May 29, 2021 7:26 am

arkuo wrote:Top management has to demand max player production from a player who is paid the max.

i think it also starting to cause more tension.. in his postgame presscon luka said kp has to post up more.
And everytime kp and his camp hears "post up" they probably cringe and think thats a bad idea. to some extent i agree with them, i dont ever want to see KP post up pf/c or even sfs out there, but where i draw the line is with pg/g out there like reggie jackson/rondo/mann/beverly. i mean man the f up does really have to be a midget before you school them, in shaqs words its supposed to bbq chicken in matchups like that.

Return to Dallas Mavericks