Around the NBA, Season 2020-2021

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,015

Re: Around the NBA, Season 2020-2021 

Post#141 » by SoCalJazzFan » Mon May 17, 2021 3:33 am

Clippers successfully tanked to the 4th seed.
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,735

Post#142 » by AingesBurner » Mon May 17, 2021 3:44 am

SoCalJazzFan wrote:Clippers successfully tanked to the 4th seed.

Weird they want Utah instead of Phoenix in the 2nd round.
Ingles is cooked.
ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 541

Post#143 » by ForeverRDjazz » Mon May 17, 2021 5:09 am

GobertReport wrote:

They lost before Jazz won so not sure they knew or was hoping for this team or that team? Who knows with playing who'll play who. Crazy and should be fun watching it all unfold this year. I think we match up pretty good with Clippers but Clips and Jazz will both need to win first.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,201

Post#144 » by babyjax13 » Mon May 17, 2021 5:17 am

GobertReport wrote:

They didn't want the Lakers in the first round and have to go through LAL + one of UTA/PHX + likely the other of UTA/PHX. I think it was smart. If LA gets healthy by the playoffs (sounds like they will), they are still dangerous. But, there is also the outside chance they miss the playoffs (fingers crossed), or that they aren't 100% so get knocked by UTA/PHX and LAC has an easier series against Dallas.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Cappy_Smurf
Head Coach
And1: 9,623

Post#145 » by Cappy_Smurf » Sun May 23, 2021 8:52 pm

Adam Silver is an absolutely corrupt piece of ****. The way the Lakers have been officiated this year to keep them in the playoffs has been a disgrace, but to carry that over into the playoffs is disgusting. 17 free throws for the Lakers to 0 for the suns to start the game and Phoenix is still winning. Lakers aren't winning it all this year, but the league seems to have no shame in trying to keep them in it for as long as possible.

FWIW, I actually like LeBron and it tickles me to see his haters cry when he succeeds, but the corruption the league is showing in the officiating is beyond belief. They aren't even trying to be sneaky about it at this point.
Dwayne "smells like" Bacon, A.K.A. The Policeman.

Dude needs to wear #50, that way when he's on the fast break, everybody can yell "Here comes five-oh!"
BudTugly
Veteran
And1: 1,544

Post#146 » by BudTugly » Mon May 24, 2021 1:36 am

This Alec Burks felllow is surely a handsome dandy
red4hf
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2019-2020
And1: 977

Post#147 » by red4hf » Mon May 24, 2021 11:36 pm

Clarkson wins the 6th Man of the Year Award....... Well deserved..... Now he better go off in game 2.......
Denizfeital
Starter
And1: 198

Post#148 » by Denizfeital » Wed May 26, 2021 11:48 am

babyjax13 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:

They didn't want the Lakers in the first round ...

Dallas 2 x 0 Clippers at LA so far.

They are doing a nice job avoiding Lakers so far...Oh, wait.

Oh the bright side Paul George said he is not concerned.

:D :D :D :D
vryadli
Rookie
And1: 356

Post#149 » by vryadli » Wed May 26, 2021 3:26 pm

Denizfeital wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:

They didn't want the Lakers in the first round ...

Dallas 2 x 0 Clippers at LA so far.

They are doing a nice job avoiding Lakers so far...Oh, wait.

Oh the bright side Paul George said he is not concerned.

:D :D :D :D

Basketball karma is real and really vengeful.
Cappy_Smurf
Head Coach
And1: 9,623

Post#150 » by Cappy_Smurf » Sun May 30, 2021 9:55 am

So Damion Lillard just had a game where he scored 10 points on 1-10 shooting and didn't make a single 2 point basket. 7-7 on free throws and 1 three point shot.

Blazers kicked the ever livin' snot out of Denver by 20 and were up by as much as 33.

Gotta be concerned if you're a nugget fan to get creamed like that with Dame having such a terrible game.
Dwayne "smells like" Bacon, A.K.A. The Policeman.

Dude needs to wear #50, that way when he's on the fast break, everybody can yell "Here comes five-oh!"
vryadli
Rookie

Post#151 » by vryadli » Mon May 31, 2021 4:20 am

Cappy_Smurf wrote:So Damion Lillard just had a game where he scored 10 points on 1-10 shooting and didn't make a single 2 point basket. 7-7 on free throws and 1 three point shot.

Blazers kicked the ever livin' snot out of Denver by 20 and were up by as much as 33.

Gotta be concerned if you're a nugget fan to get creamed like that with Dame having such a terrible game.

May be that is exactly because he took only 10 shots?
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,424

Post#152 » by Inigo Montoya » Wed Jun 2, 2021 11:30 am

The Lakers are on the brink of elimination. Injuries really hurt them, but the Suns deserve a lot of credit. Before the playoffs, there was a sense that the Suns had a great regular season but won't go far in the playoffs. Obviously, it remains to be seen which team will eventually move on, but if it is the Suns, I wonder how far they could go.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
red4hf
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2019-2020
And1: 977

Post#153 » by red4hf » Wed Jun 2, 2021 12:42 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:The Lakers are on the brink of elimination. Injuries really hurt them, but the Suns deserve a lot of credit. Before the playoffs, there was a sense that the Suns had a great regular season but won't go far in the playoffs. Obviously, it remains to be seen which team will eventually move on, but if it is the Suns, I wonder how far they could go.

Chris Paul just keeps adding to his legacy.......
ForeverRDjazz
Starter

Post#154 » by ForeverRDjazz » Thu Jun 3, 2021 1:10 am

Inigo Montoya wrote:The Lakers are on the brink of elimination. Injuries really hurt them, but the Suns deserve a lot of credit. Before the playoffs, there was a sense that the Suns had a great regular season but won't go far in the playoffs. Obviously, it remains to be seen which team will eventually move on, but if it is the Suns, I wonder how far they could go.
You go back to the beginning of the year I said Lakers took a step back. No Howard no McGee or Green and Rondo gone. Now with AD out they really don't have the quick big to guard the paint. Step back is showing up now.
ForeverRDjazz
Starter

Post#155 » by ForeverRDjazz » Thu Jun 3, 2021 1:13 am

red4hf wrote:

Chris Paul just keeps adding to his legacy.......

Adding yes but looking like age might be starting to catch up this year. Playoffs this year with injury he's slowing just a bit.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,424

Post#156 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu Jun 3, 2021 12:19 pm

Both LA teams could be eliminated in the first round, who would have thunk it.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
TNJazz
Rookie
And1: 419

Post#157 » by TNJazz » Thu Jun 3, 2021 1:52 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:Both LA teams could be eliminated in the first round, who would have thunk it.

And to think, with how the brackets were lined up, had Golden State won the last play in game, the Jazz COULD have had to go through all 3 California teams to get to the finals. Now it's looking like they may not see any of them! Too bad, I'd love to see this team knock the clippers and PO (push off) Paul out again, then cram it down the lakers face, but Memphis took out the Warriors, It's looking like the Suns are getting the glory of knocking off the Pre-and season long favorites, and Luka is single handedly showing how the Clippers are still the Clippers... :lol:

GO JAZZ!
vryadli
Rookie

Post#158 » by vryadli » Fri Jun 4, 2021 4:04 am

Inigo Montoya wrote:Both LA teams could be eliminated in the first round, who would have thunk it.

There are still a lot of things which their fan can like about them. Both of them always were active on the market, successfully made a lot of bold roster move and accumulated a formidable star power.

If it didn't quite work on W-side, so what? Still they did their job, took some risk, it just didn't fall their way, so that's OK

Utah Jazz, on the other hand, never was able to deliver to their fans anything like that. For years its management was busy with dull, boring stuff like consistency, small improvement, small improvement of available players, team chemistry etc.
zero24gravity
Sixth Man
And1: 842

Post#159 » by zero24gravity » Fri Jun 4, 2021 2:54 pm

vryadli wrote:

There are still a lot of things which their fan can like about them. Both of them always were active on the market, successfully made a lot of bold roster move and accumulated a formidable star power.

If it didn't quite work on W-side, so what? Still they did their job, took some risk, it just didn't fall their way, so that's OK

Utah Jazz, on the other hand, never was able to deliver to their fans anything like that. For years its management was busy with dull, boring stuff like consistency, small improvement, small improvement of available players, team chemistry etc.

Huh, I guess over the past couple years they didn't trade for a player who ended up an All Star (Conley), sign another starter (Bogey), trade for (and extend) the 6th Man of the Year (Clarkson), plus brought back Favors (major upgrade over Bradley), and ended up with the #1 seed through continuity & team play, even after a rift grew between their 2 star players???? You're right, I'd rather had taken more "risk" and broke up the team that is breaking NBA team records.... because being a 4th or 7th seed whom lost in the first round, like the "risk-takers" is so much better. <heavy sarcasm>

Also, don't undervalue what bringing D-Wade into the fold potentially brings to the table. Other than what may end up being a wasted 1st round pick this last year, I don't don't see the flaw in the FO's decisions, which also included bringing in Ily, whom still may find himself valuable in the playoffs at some point.

Complaining about being the #1 team in the league, and comparing against LA teams, who players lobby to play for, seems silly to me. Different markets, different circumstances, and the Jazz are in a better position both in the standings & with having the younger talent & staying power.
vryadli
Rookie

Post#160 » by vryadli » Fri Jun 4, 2021 3:10 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
vryadli wrote:

Huh, I guess over the past couple years they didn't trade for a player who ended up an All Star (Conley), sign another starter (Bogey), trade for (and extend) the 6th Man of the Year (Clarkson), plus brought back Favors (major upgrade over Bradley), and ended up with the #1 seed through continuity & team play, even after a rift grew between their 2 star players???? You're right, I'd rather had taken more "risk" and broke up the team that is breaking NBA team records.... because being a 4th or 7th seed whom lost in the first round, like the "risk-takers" is so much better. <heavy sarcasm>

Also, don't undervalue what bringing D-Wade into the fold potentially brings to the table. Other than what may end up being a wasted 1st round pick this last year, I don't don't see the flaw in the FO's decisions, which also included bringing in Ily, whom still may find himself valuable in the playoffs at some point.

Complaining about being the #1 team in the league, and comparing against LA teams, who players lobby to play for, seems silly to me. Different markets, different circumstances, and the Jazz are in a better position both in the standings & with having the younger talent & staying power.

I don't express my own approach. Personally, I don't care much about buying superstars and bold moves. I am not crazy even about
"winning it all". First and foremost I care about overachieving and team spirit. I definitely prefer a team which fight night in, night out and leave all on the court to collection of whining superstars.

I just expressed some opinions which I frequently read here for a quite long period of time.

Return to Utah Jazz