ImageImageImage

NBA Playoffs Game 3: Milwaukee Bucks @ Miami Heat (2-0 MIL) 5/27 7:30PM EST

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,665

Re: NBA Playoffs Game 3: Milwaukee Bucks @ Miami Heat (2-0 MIL) 5/27 7:30PM EST 

Post#921 » by Kobewade11 » Fri May 28, 2021 1:50 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:
I don’t think he would be enough but he would let us basically single cover Giannis. Look at how bad Butler has looked when you have one person that can lock you down. Look at the pesky defense he is playing on Lebron, yes Lebron is clearly hurt but if it wast for Crowder he would bully his way to the pain. It’s not just about the box score.

He would have helped us win game one for sure and that would have put pressure on the Bucks.

How would he have helped us win game one when we lost because Jimmy couldnt buy a bucket and Bam played like a punk? Crowder has been borderline unplayable yet fans cant seem to stop romanticizing him because of his once in a career bubble performance.
NBADraft2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,123

Post#922 » by NBADraft2003 » Fri May 28, 2021 1:51 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:
HerroBalls wrote:
oreon wrote:For the Crowder crowd. He wasn't gonna save us
Read on Twitter

This guy clearly doesn’t know how to count

He’s 2/20

Get it right

I don’t think he would be enough but he would let us basically single cover Giannis. Look at how bad Butler has looked when you have one person that can lock you down. Look at the pesky defense he is playing on Lebron, yes Lebron is clearly hurt but if it wast for Crowder he would bully his way to the pain. It’s not just about the box score.

He would have helped us win game one for sure and that would have put pressure on the Bucks.

Nobody really guards Giannis by themselves, they didn’t last season and he’d destroy whoever if they are guarding him like that. LeBron was laughing at Jae, Jae was good in the Bucks series and that was it. Shot piss poor all the other ones and he’d just add to this chit team’s poor shooting display. We’d be exactly where we are now, Jae ain’t swinging that.

The Bucks did what they should’ve, got embarrassed last year and added a ton of pieces around their best player this year. They’re sooooo much better than last year and it’s not close. We regressed. Jae ain’t making up for that difference.
Myam333
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,909

Post#923 » by Myam333 » Fri May 28, 2021 2:42 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
Wiltside wrote:We’ve had some pretty heinous L’s the past two playoff series’ we’ve been in.

Lakers gave us a huge spanking in games 2 & 3 in the Finals, Bucks doing the same to us right now.

At some point, coaching surely has to come into question. The turd quarter thing is a meme in our forum, but honestly, it really does happen almost every game.

Fire Spo.

I'd say hire an assistant coach that specializes in offense.
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,773

Post#924 » by contract » Fri May 28, 2021 3:51 pm

Myam333 wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
Wiltside wrote:We’ve had some pretty heinous L’s the past two playoff series’ we’ve been in.

Lakers gave us a huge spanking in games 2 & 3 in the Finals, Bucks doing the same to us right now.

At some point, coaching surely has to come into question. The turd quarter thing is a meme in our forum, but honestly, it really does happen almost every game.

Fire Spo.

It's not like we've got a ton of weapons that aren't being used. We simply lack firepower.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
Myam333
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,909

Post#925 » by Myam333 » Fri May 28, 2021 4:50 pm

contract wrote:
Myam333 wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:

Fire Spo.

It's not like we've got a ton of weapons that aren't being used. We simply lack firepower.

Nunn, Duncan, Herro and Dragic are all decent weapons. They were good for double figures every night with above average 3pt shooting during the regular season and that's with Spo's offense.

This dribble handoff nonsense isn't it when playoffs come around.
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Post#926 » by heat4life » Fri May 28, 2021 6:29 pm

Myam333 wrote:
contract wrote:
Myam333 wrote:

Nunn, Duncan, Herro and Dragic are all decent weapons. They were good for double figures every night with above average 3pt shooting during the regular season and that's with Spo's offense.

Just curious, what other offense do you suggest we run with the current cast of players?
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#927 » by HeatIn5 » Fri May 28, 2021 7:04 pm

heat4life wrote:
Myam333 wrote:
contract wrote:It's not like we've got a ton of weapons that aren't being used. We simply lack firepower.

Just curious, what other offense do you suggest we run with the current cast of players?

More of an open flow motion offense.

Because of Bams lack of shooting, it’s tough having him involved in every dribble handoff. I’d leave bam in the short corner and run Jimmy through the dribble handoffs if necessary.

However the way the bucks are playing screens we need to slip back door more
Read on Twitter
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Post#928 » by heat4life » Fri May 28, 2021 9:20 pm

HerroBalls wrote:
heat4life wrote:
Myam333 wrote:Nunn, Duncan, Herro and Dragic are all decent weapons. They were good for double figures every night with above average 3pt shooting during the regular season and that's with Spo's offense.

Because of Bams lack of shooting, it’s tough having him involved in every dribble handoff. I’d leave bam in the short corner and run Jimmy through the dribble handoffs if necessary.

Then you are just diminishing Bam to a slasher or cutter. You have to maximize a player's skillset. Bam is good at initiating the offense, doing DHO and attacking the basket off the dribble. It worked last year and it worked during the regular season this year. We just hit the wall against a great defensive team with length. Now Bam has some homework for this summer to get better. But why change the whole concept of his role on the offense when it has worked? Let's not be prisoners' of the moment. This whole Heat squad sucked offensively in this series.

The problem I see is talent. Herro has not play up-to-par, Dragic has aged, Iguodala has aged, Ariza is just an older role player that should be playing off the bench, not starting and Butler is just plain tired and needs another scoring partner. It's been a long 9 months for several of these players with no off-season to work on new kinks.

Before we go and try to send Bam to the corner next season, I think we ought to improve the talent around our best players. This team needs a scorer and a PF with size who can bang down low on defense and stretch the court on offense (Ibaka? Collin? Portis?). Those should be our target changes on the starting lineup. Then build the bench from there. Let's see what is out there
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
Shewasfly
Head Coach
And1: 11,730

Post#929 » by Shewasfly » Fri May 28, 2021 10:11 pm

I wish we had a former HOF big who we could tie Bam to by the hip for the entire summer to study their game and improve on offense. Maybe Bosh could work with him? Give Bosh a coaching job, STAT. Or maybe he can use that Nigerian connection and enlist Hakeem for some post moves.

Because I'm sorry, but he is straight up trash on offense as far as I'm seeing it. If its not a mismatch, he's completely clueless on how to attack/useless on offense. That dribble handoff nonsense is not something you can run every time down the floor when you yourself aren't even a threat to score. It does nothing to move the defense.
:tiredJB:
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,979

Post#930 » by eddieheatfan » Sun May 30, 2021 2:23 am

Shewasfly wrote:I wish we had a former HOF big who we could tie Bam to by the hip for the entire summer to study their game and improve on offense. Maybe Bosh could work with him? Give Bosh a coaching job, STAT. Or maybe he can use that Nigerian connection and enlist Hakeem for some post moves.

Because I'm sorry, but he is straight up trash on offense as far as I'm seeing it. If its not a mismatch, he's completely clueless on how to attack/useless on offense. That dribble handoff nonsense is not something you can run every time down the floor when you yourself aren't even a threat to score. It does nothing to move the defense.
he did train with rasheed wallace and another big that i cant remember right now when he was a rookie.i think his prob maybe more motivational than anything else.
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,305

Post#931 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Mon May 31, 2021 7:21 pm

heat4life wrote:Just curious, what other offense do you suggest we run with the current cast of players?

They pay Spoelstra millions of dollars a year to figure that out. If you want an answer from me, pay me that salary and then I'll go figure it out.

The fact remains, Spo sucks.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,803

Post#932 » by DayofMourning » Mon May 31, 2021 7:47 pm

heat4life wrote:
HerroBalls wrote:
heat4life wrote:

Then you are just diminishing Bam to a slasher or cutter. You have to maximize a player's skillset. Bam is good at initiating the offense, doing DHO and attacking the basket off the dribble. It worked last year and it worked during the regular season this year. We just hit the wall against a great defensive team with length. Now Bam has some homework for this summer to get better. But why change the whole concept of his role on the offense when it has worked? Let's not be prisoners' of the moment. This whole Heat squad sucked offensively in this series.

The problem I see is talent. Herro has not play up-to-par, Dragic has aged, Iguodala has aged, Ariza is just an older role player that should be playing off the bench, not starting and Butler is just plain tired and needs another scoring partner. It's been a long 9 months for several of these players with no off-season to work on new kinks.

Before we go and try to send Bam to the corner next season, I think we ought to improve the talent around our best players. This team needs a scorer and a PF with size who can bang down low on defense and stretch the court on offense (Ibaka? Collin? Portis?). Those should be our target changes on the starting lineup. Then build the bench from there. Let's see what is out there

The two biggest differences I noticed from last year to this one were rebounding differential and 3p% differential. We went from being near the top of the league in both in Jimmy's debut season to the lower half of the league in 2021.

We can't do small ball anymore. Teams are outrebounding us consistently and taking advantage. We got absolutely destroyed on the boards in the Milwaukee series. It'd be nice to be able to offensive board and flip the ball out to an open 3 point shooter at a higher rate.

All the switching on defense has caught up to us as well. We allowed 37% from three this year and couldn't match that despite having world class shooters...Need more balanced offense with Real big men.

Return to Miami Heat